Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Erica Lynn Parsons was found dead five years after she was last seen

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/news/...s-missing-teen

Custody hearing to be continued for adoptive parents of missing teen

(Nov. 13, 2013) SALISBURY, NC (WBTV)- The adoptive parents of a missing Salisbury teenager will continue to have only supervised visits with their biological children after a two-day hearing.

Multiple witnesses spoke at a two-day hearing for Sandy and Casey Parsons, who were attempting to regain custody of their biological children.

The children, ages 7 and 9, were taken from the home when an investigation began into the disappearance of teenager Erica Parsons.

Those children have been staying with James and Shirley Stone, their grandparent, since August.

The hearing is expected to resume on December 2nd.

James Stone says he wishes the family would have stepped in sooner when they suspected things weren't quite right in the home with Erica.

"I just wish we had started it quicker," a tearful James Stone told reporters on Wednesday. James Stone is the father of Casey Parsons. "Me and my wife, we knowed the little girl was mean and Jamie was always after her, but we never suspected anything else."

"I don't think they was bringing them up right, they wasn't in school and they should have been in school," Stone added.

Jamie Parsons, Erica's adoptive brother, reported Erica missing on July 30 of 2013, but said that no one had seen the girl since November of 2011.

Casey and Sandy Parsons say they took Erica to live with her biological grandmother, a woman named Irene "Nan" Goodman, in the Asheville area.

Subsequent investigations by police and the media have not turned up any such person and Casey Parsons now says she and her husband may have been duped by the woman.

Judge Lillian Jordan is presiding at the hearing.

On Tuesday three witnesses testified, including Jamie Parsons. More witnesses took the stand Wednesday including family members.

Jamie Parsons is opposed to the young children returning to the care of his parents, Casey and Sandy.

Carolyn Parsons spoke to WBTV about Jamie testifying against his own parents.

"Bless that little boy's heart, if I could wrap my arms around him and kiss him I would," she said. "I hope they lose their kids today and never see them again, It's not Erica being found, but it's the start of justice being done for that kid who had no voice except Jamie and me."

Casey's sister, Tammy Gray, told reporters on Tuesday that she hoped the children would never be returned to Casey and Sandy.

The children are staying with other family members. Casey and Sandy have been able to see them in supervised visits once a week, and have to attend a monthly review with the Department of Social Services.

For James and Shirley Stone, and other family members say it's been a tough chapter in their lives.

"It's tough, I think about it everyday, everyday it's on my mind, everyday," Stone added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    They're saying erica was mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    They're saying erica was mean?
    Yeah, her 'parents' have taken that approach the whole time. They also hate the son who reported them. They're totally psychotic and have paranoid delusions of persecution whenever anyone challenges their reality.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article...ral-grand-jury

Oldest children of Casey, Sandy Parsons testify before federal grand jury

(Nov. 27, 2013) The three oldest children of Casey and Sandy Parsons, the adoptive parents of missing teen Erica Parsons, spent Tuesday testifying before a federal grand jury.

Erica, 15, hasn?t been in Rowan County since November 2011. She was reported missing July 30 by her adoptive brother, James "Jamie" Parsons, who was among the siblings who testified before the grand jury, according to a source with knowledge of the case.

Casey and Sandy Parsons have been under scrutiny by law enforcement since Erica was reported missing. The Parsonses say they let her go to Asheville to live with a woman they knew as her biological grandmother, Irene "Nan" Goodman.

Investigators and other relatives have said Goodman does not exist. The couple have since said they now believe Goodman was not who she claimed to be.

The source said the children, including oldest son Sandy Jr. and daughter Brook, testified before the federal grand jury in Greensboro. The hearing was reportedly an opportunity for the Parsons children to "answer some questions," the source said.

It wasn't clear what information the children were there to provide. Casey and Sandy Parsons were not there to testify.

"It was a means to make the kids cooperate," the source said.

Jamie was subpoenaed on Oct. 28 and returned Tuesday to federal court, the source said. Brook and Sandy Jr. were also supposed to go before the grand jury this week. Details discussed during the hearing are kept confidential.

A spokesman with the U.S. Attorney's Office said he could not speak about specific cases, but referred a Post reporter to a federal grand jurors handbook that details the process by which witnesses appear in federal court before a grand jury.

A witness can be subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury or can be asked to appear at the behest of the United States Attorney, an assistant United States Attorney or by the court that impaneled the jury.

Also, matters may be brought to the grand jury through the personal knowledge of a member of the grand jury or from matters brought to a member's personal attention, according to the federal grand jurors handbook.

A grand jury can indict a person -- formally charging them with a crime. A federal grand jury can take action only on federal crimes. The Parsonses have not been charged with a crime.

The case is still in the hands of Rowan County Sheriff's Office investigators, who continue to be assisted by the FBI and State Bureau of Investigation.

The couple's youngest two children, Sadie and Toby, have been placed in the care of Casey's parents, Shirley and James Stone. Sandy and Casey have had weekly supervised visits with the children, who were removed from the home in July.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/a...n-Parsons-Case

Sheriff: Cadaver Dogs Alerted To Possible Human Remains In Erica Parsons Case

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. -- There is new information in the search for missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons.

Sheriff Kevin Auten told WBTV cadaver dogs indicated the possible presence of human remains on property owned by Erica's adoptive grandfather. WBTV says search warrants show dogs alerted investigators in October and November.

According to WBTV, that information was turned into court Monday.

In August, investigators searched a storage building on the grandfather's property and found teeth, a hammer, a video tape, pieces of a vacuum cleaner and school records.

Investigators also found red stains on a pair of pants and drywall after a 12-hour search in Erica's adoptive parents' home.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/s...in-parson-case

Casey Parsons: "This is so crazy" that cadaver dogs alerted possible human remains in Parsons case

(Dec. 25, 2013) ROWAN COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -The adoptive mother of missing teen Erica Parsons is reacting to news that a cadaver dog alerted to the possible presence of human remains while searching for clues in the case of missing Rowan County teen.

In an email to WBTV, Casey Parsons said "This is so crazy. This is why no one has found Erica, because no one is searching for an "alive" Erica."

Erica Parsons is the teenager who was first reported missing in late July by her adoptive brother, although her adoptive family hadn't seen her since 20-11.

Her adoptive parents insist she went to live with her biological grandmother, although investigators say that woman does not exist.

The cadaver dogs made the discovery in October and November at a property owned by Erica's adoptive grandfather.

Erica's birth mother Carolyn Parsons reacted to the news by telephone.

"All they had to do was give my little girl back to me January the 5th, 2011 like the original plan that we discussed," she said.

The warrant was served November 14 but was turned in to court late Monday afternoon.

Casey and Sandy Parsons stored items inside a shed on that property. Investigators seized those items - including human teeth - in October.

In the affidavit supporting the search warrant, an investigator stated probable cause for searching the shed.

He wrote "during the course of the investigation no credible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons has been discovered. The case received national attention in the media and with this attention no credible information has been received indicating Erica Parsons is living elsewhere."

Detectives say "the investigation began to explore the possibilities that Erica Parsons may be deceased and her remains concealed at a yet unknown location."

Search warrants in the case show evidence to be seized included "knives, edge weapons, sticks, blunt force objects, other tools or weapons; tape, rope, or other restraint and binding material."

Investigators seized a board and a jacket.

They say a K-9 trained to detect human remains "alerted on the red building twice, which indicates the presence of human remains."

In her email to WBTV, Casey Parsons wrote, "The search on that property was awhile ago. Don't you think if they had found something I wouldn't be sitting here answering emails."

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/news/...-disappearance

Source: Judge finds evidence that missing teen was abused before disappearance

(Dec. 5, 2013) SALISBURY, NC (WBTV)- The two youngest children of Casey and Sandy Parsons are expected to continue living with their grandmother after a judge found evidence that the Parsons abused their adopted daughter before she was reported missing.

Casey and Sandy Parsons are the adoptive parents of missing Salisbury teenager Erica Parsons. Erica was reported missing in July by her oldest brother, Jamie, after not being seen in nearly two years.

After she was reported missing, the Department of Social Services removed the couples two youngest children, ages seven and nine, from the home. They were placed with a family member.

Family members told WBTV that the children will stay in the custody of their grandmother until January, when judge will announce who will have permanent custody.

Thursday morning, WBTV reporter Coleen Harry received the following message from Sandy and Casey:

Coleen,

Your
    the only one I am talking to. To everyone it might look like we "lost",
    but we didn't. We have very experienced, professional attorneys. Both
    attorneys advised my husband and I exactly what was going to happen from
    the very first day of this trial. This is just the beginning and no means a "end".
    We are just at the beginning of all this. My husband and I will be getting
    our kids back, but it's going to take time.

Sandy
    and Casey Parsons

According to a source, when DSS removed the children from the home they had to file a petition, which explained why the children were taken.

In this case, there are allegations that Erica was abused before she went missing.

During the hearing, DSS officials had to prove that the items in the petition were true.

On Wednesday, the judge determined there was enough evidence to believe it was true. If the judge had determined that the items were not true, then the kids would have been returned to Casey and Sandy Parsons.

The next step is the disposition phase, which is slated to begin in January, where the judge will rule on permanent custody of the children.

"We feel good that the kids are getting to stay where they are now because I personally think they should," said Angela Laubscher. "We still want justice for Erica also."

The Parsons have been granted a once-a-week supervised visit with their children since they were taken by social workers this summer.

Erica Parsons is the teenager who was first reported missing in late July by her adoptive brother, although her adoptive family hadn't seen her since 20-11.
    what a strange decision to write this year as twenty-eleven instead of 2011. not sure if i like.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    what a strange decision to write this year as twenty-eleven instead of 2011. not sure if i like.
    It might because that story came from a tv news station. I've noticed lately some tv stations don't do a good job of editing their broadcast stories for the web ... It was probably written as "20-11" for the person reading it from a teleprompter. It's just easier on the brain. (Broadcast newswriting was one of my favorite classes in college. It's definitely a lot different than writing for print/the web.)

it read really well in my head so yeah, i can see that.

Family member says Parsons did not regain custody of children

A family member told Channel 9 the judge told Casey and Sandy Parsons if they want to regain custody of their children they will have to produce Erica Parsons.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/...-thursd/ncqWB/

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

haha. that's an awesome ruling!

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    haha. that's an awesome ruling!
    I thought so too!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It still just sucks, because that poor little girl is probably long gone, having died alone and helpless because of these two lying, subhuman pieces of shit.

Erica, I'm so sorry you didn't get to live your life free of those who hurt you. Like so many children, you deserved so much better, but you were denied that shot by the very people who should have loved you more than anyone else.

Five minutes with those two lying shits and I'd have them wishing they died as children.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

FBI offers $25,000 reward in Erica Parsons case

The FBI has offered a reward of up to $25,000 for information that leads to the location or return of Erica Parsons. That?s on top of a $10,000 reward offered by the Rowan County Sheriff?s Office. Investigators encourage anyone with information to call the Sheriff?s Office at 704-216-8700 or FBI Charlotte at 704-672-6100. Tipsters can also submit information to the FBI?s website at https://fbi.tips.gov.

SALISBURY Acknowledging ?hurdles? in the search for missing Rowan County teen Erica Parsons, the FBI on Thursday offered up to $25,000 for information that leads to the girl?s location.

The announcement at the Rowan County courthouse came six months after Erica was reported missing and caused some connected to the case to question whether the investigation has stalled.

The Rowan County Sheriff?s Office said detectives have followed up on hundreds of leads since July but conceded that time was their biggest hurdle. They refused to take questions from reporters after the announcement.

Erica was 13 years old when she was last seen on Nov. 19, 2011. She is the adopted daughter of Casey and Sandy Parsons, who told authorities that Erica went to stay with her biological grandmother, Irene ?Nan? Goodman.

But nearly two years passed between when they claim they dropped Erica off near a McDonald?s in Mooresville and when police began looking into her disappearance. She was reported missing by her adoptive brother, Jamie, after he had been kicked out of the family home following a fight with Casey and Sandy Parsons.

On Thursday, Deron Roberts, assistant agent in charge for the FBI?s Charlotte office, said Erica?s adoptive parents haven?t been truthful with investigators.

?We know Erica did not go to live with Irene Goodman,? he told reporters. ?Nan does not exist.?

Later, he added, ?Erica did not disappear on her own.?

Carlyle Sherrill, an attorney for Casey and Sandy Parsons, told the Observer on Thursday that his clients had done nothing wrong and had cooperated fully with investigators.

He said his clients were happy about the reward because it increased the chance of finding Erica. But he said he thinks investigators made the announcement because leads in the case have dried up.

Investigators ?need to stir some things up,? Sherrill said. ?They haven?t called us to try to identify anyone, pick anyone out of a lineup or ask us questions in months.?

The $25,000 reward by the FBI comes on top of a $10,000 reward offered by the Rowan County Sheriff?s Office, the lead agency.

Investigators particularly want to speak with people who saw Erica or had dealings with the Parsonses in November 2011.

Casey and Sandy Parsons have been questioned by investigators several times but have denied any wrongdoing in Erica?s disappearance. In search warrants, investigators said they suspect foul play, but neither of Erica?s adoptive parents has been charged with a crime in connection with the case.

Their youngest two children were taken away by the Department of Social Services shortly after investigators searched the Parsonses? home for clues. According to relatives, a judge said the Parsonses have to produce Erica in order to get their children back.

Authorities have conducted a number of searches on the property where Casey and Sandy Parsons lived, in the 200 block of Miller Chapel Road near Salisbury. And in November, cadaver dogs indicated the possible presence of human remains during searches at a building on the property of Sandy Parsons? father. Casey and Sandy Parsons used the building for storage, investigators said in search warrants.

Erica?s biological mother, Carolyn Parsons, who gave Erica up for adoption as a baby, said she hoped the increased reward would lead to more tips about her daughter?s disappearance. But she said she felt key details are ?still in Casey and Sandy?s hands.?

She offered a message for her daughter. ?I want to see you. I want you safe. I want you back. You don?t have to be afraid. I know you?ll be 16 in February. I hope you don?t wait that long.?

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Adoptive parents of Erica Parsons arrested, face 76 charges
    The adoptive parents of Erica Parsons have been arrested exactly one year after the missing Rowan County teenager was reported missing.

Erica Parsons was reported missing on July 30, 2013 by her adoptive brother, Jamie Parsons, who said she had not been seen November 2011. She was 13 years old when she disappeared.

Her adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, were arrested early Wednesday morning at their home in Fayetteville. The Parsons moved in August 2013 after Erica's disappearance made national headlines.

Federal agents picked up the couple around 6 a.m. and drove them to a federal courthouse in Winston-Salem where they will face fraud charges.

According to the fraud indictment, from February 2010 to August 2013, Sandy Parsons, 40, and Casey Parsons, 39, committed tax fraud, mail fraud, theft of government funds, and identity theft, and engaged in a conspiracy to defraud the government.

The indictment alleges that the Parsons received government funded adoption assistance, Medicaid, Social Security, and Food and Nutrition Services benefits for a dependent that did not live with them and used the mail to commit the fraud.

The indictment also alleges that Casey Parsons fraudulently used the identities of other persons as dependents and used other false information when preparing federal tax returns.

Sandy and Casey Parsons are charged with one count of conspiracy to defraud the government, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine; twenty counts of theft of government funds, each of which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine; and twenty counts of mail fraud, each of which carries a maximum sentence of twenty years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

The indictment also charges Sandy Parsons with one count of aggravated identity theft, which carries a mandatory sentence of two years, consecutive to any other sentence, and a $250,000 fine; and one count of false statement to a government agency, which carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Casey Parsons is also charged with one count of false pretense in a health care matter, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine; two counts of Social Security fraud, each of which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine; fifteen counts of aggravated identity theft, each of which carries a mandatory sentence of two years, consecutive to any other sentence, and a $250,000 fine; two counts of false statement to a government agency, each of which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine; six counts of aiding in the preparation of a false tax return, each of which carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison and a $250,000 fine; six counts of wire fraud, each of which carries a maximum sentence of twenty years in prison and a $250,000 fine; and one count of making false claim against the government, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Sandy and Casey Parsons are scheduled to have their initial appearance at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Winston-Salem.

The financial dealings of the Parsons came into the investigation at the earliest stage.

When Erica's adoptive brother James Parsons first reported Erica missing in July, he told investigators that Sandy and Casey continued to receive checks from the state of North Carolina. The checks amounted to a little over $600 per month.

The Parsons attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, admitted in October 2013 that his clients did receive the checks, but said that they had a right to since they were the legal caregivers for Erica Parsons.

But when the home along Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury was searched by investigators on August 14, they "failed to locate any evidence of Erica Parsons still living here or any evidence that her room or personal living area still remained in the home."

They further concluded that "Sandy and Casey Parsons knew Erica would not be returning." In addition, according to an SBI search warrant, "Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy Parsons, Sr., stated Erica was adopted and that they received financial aid after Erica left their custody in 2011."

There is also a history to consider when it comes to financial matters and the Parsons.

Amy Miller, a Michigan woman, says she hired Casey Parsons to carry her child August 2001. Miller says Parsons claimed to have a miscarriage, but didn't. Five months later, Miller was finally able track down Parson and take home her son. She has the DNA test to prove he is hers.

Three years later, according to court records, Sandy and Casey Parsons took Erica, then 6 years old, to live with another family member. That family member told investigators "they took custody of Erica for about 8 months after Casey Parsons called them and said she could not stand to look at Erica."

In addition, according to court documents, "after about 8 months Casey Stone Parsons resumed custody of Erica and said that she was afraid that the Department of Social Services would find out that she did not have her and she was still getting money for her." At that time Erica returned to the home of Sandy and Casey Parsons.

As the current investigation continued, on August 12, 2013, the SBI learned from BB&T on Jake Alexander Boulevard in Salisbury that Casey and Sandy Parsons had accounts at the bank that included recent activity.

The FBI also found records through the PayPal accounts of Sandy and Casey Parsons that they had financial accounts with SunTrust Bank on W. Innes Street, Salisbury, Wells Fargo on S. Main Street in Salisbury, and Bank of America on W. Innes Street, Salisbury.

The SBI believes that "the continued desire to utilize the funds, proceeds, or financial assistance intended for the care and benefit of Erica Lynn Parsons resulted in the delay or outright denial to report Erica Lynn Parsons missing in a timely or reasonable time frame."

The SBI concluded in October 2013 that "this institutes probable cause to believe a crime, obtaining property by false pretenses, has occurred."

Financial records were seized during a search of the Parsons Rowan County home back in August 2013.

A list of seized inventory includes a Wells Fargo deposit slip, a Wells Fargo check and withdrawal slip for Shirley B. Parsons, the daughter of Casey Parsons, and several other items that could have dealt with financial records.

All of the financial records and documents seized from the house, a storage shed, and the various banks were processed by the FBI.

Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.
    http://m.19actionnews.com/19actionne...=od%3A3g7kKNS2

Well it's a start.

Just when I thought this bitch Sandy couldn't get any lower, she was cashing in checks to support Erica after she had murdered her. Ugh.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

These people are such pieces of shit.

Three years later, according to court records, Sandy and Casey Parsons took Erica, then 6 years old, to live with another family member. That family member told investigators "they took custody of Erica for about 8 months after Casey Parsons called them and said she could not stand to look at Erica."
    a fucking six year old.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 07-30-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Dbl post
    Last edited by foreverintheflux; 08-01-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    These people are such pieces of shit.
    a fucking six year old.
    I can't have kids and my husband and I have thought about adoption. Just a few days ago, the DFCS asked for foster parents to apply because they're inundated with kids and they need foster parents. I think we're gonna give it a go. I worry, though, about all the assholes who are in it for the money, etc., and will probably manage to not get flagged in the system. So many kids and so many things that can potentially go wrong. Especially in Vegas with its transient population :/

Both of Erica's "parents" were convicted of fraud a few of months ago, because they continued to collect benefits for Erica after she "disappeared".

http://www.wbtv.com/story/27024690/j...l-fraud-counts

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/01/casey-p...federal-fraud/

So, a bunch of stuff came out during the sentencing hearing the other day. Ugh. Don't read this if you're in a good mood.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.VOjps_nF98F

Parsons' home a house of horror, family says

Tax fraud hearing reveals gruesome details of suffering inflicted on child

(Feb. 19, 2015) WINSTON-SALEM Erica Parsons lived a stark life of punishment and terror at the hands of her adoptive parents and siblings before vanishing in 2011, according to testimony Wednesday during a sentencing hearing for Sandy and Casey Parsons.

Both Parsonses have been convicted of tax fraud and appeared in federal court in Winston-Salem to be sentenced.

But the hearing quickly turned into a shocking catalog -- and the most detailed public account to date of what investigators know -- of abuse Erica suffered. It poured out hour after sickening hour when Assistant U.S. Attorney Anand Ramaswamy sought to increase the penalties the couple faced by introducing evidence of other wrongdoing -- including, he said, failure to report a death.

Erica was not reported missing until nearly two years after she last was seen in the Parsonses' Rowan County home, and her fate is unknown. James "Jamie" Parsons reported his adoptive sibling missing in 2013, and his testimony on Wednesday gave a horrifying picture of life in the family's home.

James Parsons, now 21, said he and the other children in the family routinely abused the girl, who was 13 when she disappeared. He once broke her arm, he said.

"I would hit her, physically abuse her, fists, belts," James Parsons said under oath Wednesday.

He said he abused the girl from the time he was age 5 and stopped when he was 16.

"I didn't want to hit her no more -- I couldn't stand it," he said.

He said his mother Casey Parsons encouraged the other children to abuse Erica, and he saw his mother often beat her.

"She would beat her with a belt if she didn't listen," James Parsons said. "Mama would bend her fingers back."

Once, Casey Parsons put Erica's hand in a cast because her fingers had broken, he said. The child was never taken to the hospital, he said.

"Dad would hit her with his fist on top of her head," James Parsons said of his father, Sandy Parsons. At one point, the girl developed a bald spot because of scabbing, he said.

Food was often withheld from her as punishment, he said. If she'd steal a cookie or something else to eat, she'd be fed canned dog food by her adoptive mother. This happened up to once or twice a month, he said.

Erica was often locked in a closet in the various homes the family lived in, James Parsons said. Sometimes she would be beaten for relieving herself in the closet, he said.

FBI agent testifies

Tara Cataldo, the FBI case agent on the girl's disappearance, said that investigators, armed with a search warrant, inspected the Parsonses' home in August 2013. They noticed holes in the wall beside a bedroom closet that seemed to be from an old eye-hook lock typically used to hold screen doors closed.

Carpet and wall board from the closet were sent to the FBI laboratory, and traces of Erica's blood and other DNA -- believed to be from saliva or urine -- were detected, she said.

Five photos of Erica were also recovered from a computer in the home, she testified -- all of Erica standing in a corner on different days.

'Like a zombie'

James Parsons told the court that the last time he saw Erica was in 2011, when she was standing in a corner as punishment.

"She didn't look too good -- she looked like a zombie," he testified. "She said she did not feel good. She said she could not breathe too good."

James Parsons said Erica was gone the next morning, and he never saw her again. His parents had left early that day, which was unusual -- and came back that morning to the house after 9 a.m.

He was told that Erica had gone to live with her biological grandmother, but something didn't seem right, he said.

"Mama looked normal. Daddy looked sick, like he was about to throw up," James Parsons testified. "Mama went on her recliner with the computer. Daddy, it was a blank stare."

Asked why he waited nearly two years to call police to report Erica missing, James Parsons said he didn't know if anybody would believe him. "I just got enough guts to go to the police," he said.

James Parsons' missing person report in 2013 led to an investigation and search that gained national attention. Erica has not been found. Investigators have said the "grandmother" who the Parsons said took in Erica did not exist.

Surrogate mother

Amy Miller of Grand Blanc, Mich., testified that she paid Casey Parsons $10,000 to be a surrogate mother, to carry an implanted embryo.

Miller said that a few weeks after Casey Parsons began carrying the embryo, she called to say she had lost the baby. But Miller said she did not believe her, and learned later that Casey Parsons was still pregnant. Their relationship turned upside down.

"She went from a kind, loving woman to a vicious person," said Miller.

Miller said she spent the next six months in agony because she knew her son was not dead. On March 17, 2002, she received an email from Casey Parsons' sister, Robin Ashley, confirming that Parsons was still pregnant.

Eventually, Parsons agreed to give up the child, and the Millers took him home to Michigan the day he was born.

Sister took in child

Robin Ashley testified that her sister Casey did not bond with Erica, who was born the daughter of Carolyn Parsons, once married to Sandy Parsons' brother. "She couldn't stand to look at her face because she reminded her of Carolyn Parsons," Ashley said.

Erica came to live with Ashley twice over the years. One of those times, in the summer of 2004 when Erica was about 6, Ashley said she noticed that the girl was bruised on the backside. Casey Parsons had sent her away because she didn't want to hurt her anymore, Ashley said.

"She did not want to abuse Erica, so that?s why she came to me," Ashley said. "She told me she didn't want to kill her. She lost control. She didn't want to end up killing Erica."

Ashley also said that Erica was treated like "a little slave." Erica was made to stand in the corner for long periods as punishment, and Ashley noticed that the girl's fingers were crooked.

"In my opinion, I thought they were broken and didn't grow back right," Ashley said.

She said Erica wasn't allowed to play with other children because she was often being disciplined.

Ashley also said that after telling Miller she'd had a miscarriage, Casey Parsons offered to sell Ashley the unborn baby for $10,000. Ashley said no.

During Ashley's testimony, Casey Parsons -- dressed in a dark striped blouse, dark slacks and bright white tennis shoes -- stared at her sister and whispered to her attorney.

'A little Cinderella'

Janet Parsons, Sandy's stepmother and Casey's mother-in-law, also testified Wednesday. She said that for a time in 2011, they all lived together in her China Grove home. Janet Parsons and her husband currently have custody of the family's two youngest children.

"Erica wasn't treated as kindly as the others," she said. "She had to do more chores. She was kind of like a little Cinderella -- she had to do the chores."

Janet Parsons said that Casey Parsons and the rest of her family once went to the beach for a short visit, and Erica was left in the house alone. Her grandfather found her hiding, and she said she was told not to be seen while the others were at the beach.

"We had no knowledge she was there, which is scary if you think about it," Janet Parsons testified. "She was hidden."

James Parsons said in later testimony that he was supposed to look after Erica -- who was then about 13 -- while the family was gone, but he had just started a job as a bagger at Food Lion, and had left her alone to go to work.

Judge Thomas Schroeder continued the sentencing until March 27. The couple face the possibility of decades in prison and steep fines.

I just read this whole thread..... Excuse me whilst I go throw up

I only got through about 4 paragraphs and was nauseous. Fuck these people. Whatever they get short of abused themselves is too good for them. Including their asshole kids. And fuck the grandparents for not doing a god damn thing

How so many people can be aware of such horrible abuse and not step up and help that little girl, makes me sick. An intire gaggle of adults let this shit happen, more of them should be charged.

Have fun in prison, you fucking slugs.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e16475882.html

Judge rips Parsonses for Erica's life, death

Parents sentenced for fraud, with sentence boosted by testimony on abuse, disappearance

(Feb. 27, 2015) WINSTON-SALEM -- As he sent them immediately to prison for financial crimes, a federal judge declared Friday that Sandy and Casey Parsons are responsible for the death of their adopted daughter who suffered terrible abuse from the couple before vanishing in 2011.

"You and your husband did something horrible, horrible with her," U.S. District Judge Thomas Schroeder told Casey Parsons. "What happened to her is known only to you and God. In the dark of the night, you did something to her."

Casey and Sandy Parsons were sentenced to federal prison Friday for financial schemes that included cashing monthly assistance checks of $634 for Erica Parsons more than a year after the girl disappeared.

Erica's adoptive father, Sandy Parsons, was sentenced to eight years. Her adoptive mother, Casey Parsons, was sentenced to 10 years.

Schroeder said he gave the couple stiffer sentences because of testimony last month that described the couple?s cruel treatment of Erica, who was an infant when she came to the Parsons household in Rowan County. She was 13 years old when she vanished in 2011.

"I have sentenced close to 1,000 people," Schroeder said during the 2 1/2-hour hearing. "I can't think of a case that has troubled me more."

The couple did not speak in court. They were ordered into custody immediately, even though their attorneys had asked that they be allowed to report to prison on their own. The judge said he could not be sure they wouldn't pose a threat to other people, based on what they did to Erica.

Schroeder said the story originally told by the Parsonses about giving the girl to her grandmother was unbelievable.

"It doesn't pass the smell test," he said.

In sentencing Casey Parsons to 10 years, the judge said that she was a serial swindler. The court record shows she had run an eBay scam in which she sold items but never delivered them, and also that she took money to be a surrogate mother and then lied about losing the baby.

"By all appearances, you were the brains of this operation," he said. " ... In my view, you are morally bankrupt."

Schroeder then sentenced Sandy Parsons.

"I cannot fathom the hatred you had for this little girl," he said. Schroeder pointed out evidence that Erica Parsons was often locked in a closet and sometimes was fed dog food from a can.

"There was just a little girl who wanted to be loved," the judge said.

Casey Parsons, 40, pleaded guilty in October to one count of conspiracy to defraud the government, five counts of mail fraud, four counts of aiding in the preparation of a false tax return, four counts of wire fraud and one count of aggravated identity theft.

Sandy Parsons, 42, refused a plea bargain and was found guilty in October of one count of conspiracy to defraud the government, one count of aggravated identity theft, one count of false statement to a government agency, 20 counts of theft of government funds and 20 counts of mail fraud.

Sandy Parsons has two prior convictions for assault on a female against his wife. Casey Parsons had no criminal record.

They were charged for accepting government payments and tax deductions for Erica after she no longer lived in their home.

A normal sentence for their financial crimes would have been about three to five years. But under federal sentencing guidelines, prior adult criminal conduct can be considered by the judge even if there were no charges brought at the time.

In addition to prison time, the couple were ordered to make restitution to the government for about $41,000 for tax evasion. Later Friday, Sandy Parsons? lawyer filed notice of his intent to appeal.

Mysterious case continues

Authorities have been vexed by the case since Erica Parsons was reported missing July 30, 2013, by her adoptive brother, James Parsons. He went to authorities after a fight with his parents and said no one had seen Erica for 20 months.

A year later, the Parsonses were arrested on fraud and tax charges. Despite an intense investigation that has included the Internal Revenue Service, the FBI, the Rowan County Sheriff?s Department, the Social Security Administration and other agencies, no trace of Erica -- nor the biological grandmother that Casey Parsons said she gave the girl to -- has ever been found.

Though the Parsonses were convicted of financial crimes, the case opened a window into the investigation into Erica?s disappearance when Assistant U.S. Attorney Anand Ramaswamy introduced evidence about it in a February sentencing hearing. Ramaswamy indicated that he believes the girl has never been found because she is dead.

Erica was adopted by the Parsonses as an infant, and the couple received government payments because Erica had hearing problems and a learning disability. Her biological mother had at one point been married to Sandy Parsons' brother, but Erica's father was another man.

In the February hearing, James Parsons and other members of the Parsons family described a pattern of cruel physical and emotional abuse aimed at Erica, including that Casey Parsons encouraged the family's other children to abuse Erica from infancy. James Parsons, now 21, admitted that he once broke Erica?s arm, and shortly afterward decided he could no longer participate in the abuse.

Erica was fed dog food by Casey Parsons as punishment for stealing food or sweets, was often beaten, was frequently locked in a closet and was made to stand in a corner rather than play with other children, family members said.

Only a small portion of the testimony during the daylong February hearing concerned the federal fraud charges. One chilling portion of that hearing was when James Parsons described Erica's disappearance.

Erica was standing in a corner as punishment, he said. She looked "like a zombie" and was having trouble breathing, he said. In the morning, Erica and his parents were gone. When his parents returned without Erica, he said, something didn't seem right.

"Mama looked normal. Daddy looked sick, like he was about to throw up," James Parsons testified. "Mama went on her recliner with the computer. Daddy, it was a blank stare."

During the sentencing hearing on Friday, Erica's biological mother, Carolyn Parsons, sat on the back row and listened as her former in-laws were sentenced and taken into immediate custody.

Outside the courthouse, Carolyn Parsons said she is completely sure Casey and Sandy Parsons killed her daughter.

"What do I have to say to Casey and Sandy?" she said. "Enjoy your day in hell. I'm enjoying it."

Thread Information