Thread: Wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 in Georgia kills 6 people, including Virginia parents (Sara Robinson, 41), (Nathan Robinson, 37)and their 3 children (Stephen Robinson,12 or 13), (Rebecca Robinson, 13 or 14), (Alexander Robinson, 4 or 5)

Wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 in Georgia kills 6 people, including Virginia parents (Sara Robinson, 41), (Nathan Robinson, 37)and their 3 children (Stephen Robinson,12 or 13), (Rebecca Robinson, 13 or 14), (Alexander Robinson, 4 or 5)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...m_source=knewz

Six people were killed early Sunday in Georgia after police say a wrong-way driver crashed head-on into a car carrying five people, including three children.

The crash happened just after 2 a.m. on Interstate 95 near an exit ramp in Liberty County, according to the Georgia State Police.

A 77-year-old man driving alone in a Lexus SUV crashed head-on into another SUV while driving south in a northbound lane, police said in an emailed statement to USA TODAY. A Virginia woman was driving her family in the second SUV, police said.

The woman was identified by police as Sara Robinson, 41. Nathan Robinson, 37, was in the front passenger seat. Their children, Stephen, Rebecca and Alexander, ages about 4 to 14, were also in the SUV. The family was from Portsmouth, Virginia.

The 77-year-old driver, who also was killed, was not suspected to have been impaired at the time of the crash, police said.

Fuel tanker explodes:'Catastrophic' damage on Indianapolis interstate

The northbound lanes near the crash were closed for more than three hours.

The Lexus had a Florida license plate, Trooper Markus White told The Associated Press. Police have not released the identity of the driver of the Lexus, pending

Last edited by up2trouble; 02-24-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I don't understand how the kids could've been killed?!
    The 77 year old dude was elderly therefore impaired imo.
    I always worry when I see those elderly drivers with the big black sunglasses.
    I definitely don't think those type of people should be driving ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Oh wait. Is the white car the Lexus? If so, I understand now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Obits

Sara (41)
    Nathan (37)
    Rebecca (13)
    Stephen (12)
    Alexander (4)

They were coming home from Nathan's sister's wedding

The wrong way driver: Milton "Biff" Lee Long(77)

This pic makes me sad. The amount of blood on the windshield (pulled back and on the roof of the car) and what looks like a little foot behind the headrest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Damn. Horrific. Is that the elderly man's shoulder you can see in the Lexus?

We just drove past the scene of this crash yesterday. Heartbreaking. I'm still trying to figure out how he ended up on the wrong side of the road. It's a small interchange, not well lit, I suspect he thought he was on the entrance ramp to I95 southbound when he was actually on the exit ramp of I95 northbound. At 2:30am, he didn't meet any opposing traffic until he was on the interstate itself. What a tragedy. Rest in peace, Robinson Family...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information