Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Former 'Bachelor' contestant Gia Allemand (29) committed suicide

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Crickets, I disagree with you. When someone is ready to end their life, they are tired of thinking about other people and what will make things easier for them. It gets exhausting thinking "Oh man, I better stay alive because my mom/grandma/dog/kids/dad/friends/whoever will be so upset without me". Fuck that. When it gets to be too much, all you can think about is what will make it better.

Is it really hard to comprehend this? Why the fuck should anyone who is emotionally hurting to the point of not wanting to be alive (and if you've never been there, it hurts more than I can even begin to describe) have to think about anyone else? When does a person get to just think about themselves for once?
    The person can't just think about themselves, and no one else because that's selfish. Especially if they are a parent. Their life affects other lives, whether they like it or not.

I've been there before, trust me. When I got to the point of not wanting to live, and I exhausted all possible options, I got on meds. It helped me.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-14-2013 at 09:53 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The person can't just think about themselves, and no one else because that's selfish. Especially if they are a parent. Their life affects other lives, whether they like it or not.
    I'm not going to argue this point anymore but when you just want the pain to stop, you're desperate, and you're not going to be rationally/logically thinking of how your actions are going to affect other people. Actually, you think they will be better off with you gone, because that is the mindset of a suicidal person. It's not, "Gosh, I don't feel like living much today. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck it lol peace out!"
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I'm not going to argue this point anymore but when you just want the pain to stop, you're desperate, and you're not going to be rationally/logically thinking of how your actions are going to affect other people. Actually, you think they will be better off with you gone, because that is the mindset of a suicidal person. It's not, "Gosh, I don't feel like living much today. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck it lol peace out!"
    I am aware of this, that's why I edited my post. I have been there. When you are that low you need to get help.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I am aware of this, that's why I edited my post. I have been there. When you are that low you need to get help.
    I'm glad you were able to do that. Many people aren't.

I'm glad you were able to do that. Many people aren't.
    I'm very happy that I did. I didn't want to talk to people about it because I didn't want to "burden" them with my problems. Got to the point that I realized I couldn't fix the problem by myself, and found there are people out there that care and want to help me.

Reality TV personality Gia Allemand died on Wednesday, two days after an apparent suicide attempt. A contestant on Season 14 of "The Bachelor," Allemand had several friends from the long-running series. And while her unexpected death left many of her fans in shock, some of her friends from the reality TV world tell FOX411 that Allemand was a troubled beauty wrestling with insecurities.

"I could tell there was some insecurity going.*I was not 100 percent surprised. Nothing surprises me anymore," said Reid Rosenthal, a contestant on Season 6 of 'The Bachelor', who was friends with Allemand. "I don't know what she needed out of life.*It's sad.*The last I heard we were supposed to be at an event this Thursday together."

TV host Brian McFayden, who knew Allemand from several reality TV events they attended together, said Allemand was "a beautiful girl" who was plagued with insecurity. "She was looking for love.*She was lost," McFayden said. "You met her and you can tell she was looking for attention from guys."

Jesse Csincsak from "The Bachelorette" Season 4, said Allemand "got a full facial rebuild before she went on the show.*She had demons. I don't where that comes from." But Csincsak, like the others, said there was something special about Allemand that drew people to her.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2c38yakKS

For anyone who doesn't/can't understand the mindset of someone spiraling down into suicide...it is awful. There was this live journal blog that has haunted me for years. I don't remember where it is but I read her whole journal, she seemed like such a cool chick, someone I would love to have met and be friends with, but with each post you could see her slipping further and further towards her end. One post she made haunts me to this day. She asked her friends WHY they wanted to live? What inspired them to get up each morning and she prefaced it by saying she wasn't bullshitting she really wanted to know what was worth living. She killed herself soon after on live journal.

Regarding Gia, I always thought she seemed so sweet, but very vulnerable, and I always felt like she was desperate to be in a relationship; like she needed it for validation or something.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/08/15/...rson-proposed/

Gia Allemand, a former star of The Bachelor and Bachelor Pad, died on August 14 after she was hospitalized for two days due to a suicide attempt. Gia’s boyfriend, New Orleans Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson, remained by her side during her final moments. However, a new report suggests that a rift between the couple may be the reason behind Gia’s suicide attempt.

“Gia and Ryan were a happy couple. It’s unfair to categorize their relationship as rocky, but in the weeks leading up to her death they did have their first major fight,” an insider told Radar Online. “And because their relationship was so solid for the most part, Gia had expressed her sadness that Ryan hadn’t proposed to her yet, telling friends she was upset over it.
    i hope to God that that's not the reason why she killed herself, cause if it is, thats fucking pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/08/15/...rson-proposed/

i hope to God that that's not the reason why she killed herself, cause if it is, thats fucking pathetic.
    I'm sure it wasn't. I'm sure her reason was mental illness.

Agreed. Her relationship issues may have triggered feelings of worthlessness but I agree she's probably had issues for a long time. But she seemed to have been able to hide that part of herself at times.

i don't think that everyone who commits suicide is mentally ill. some people are just assholes (as in the people who do it to *get back* at someone).
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

i don't think that everyone who commits suicide is mentally ill. some people are just assholes (as in the people who do it to *get back* at someone).
    See, I think someone who would sacrifice their own life just to say "fuck you" to someone is 100% mentally ill.

See, I think someone who would sacrifice their own life just to say "fuck you" to someone is 100% mentally ill.
    we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. i think they're just complete assholes. lol. there's a difference between mentally ill and stupid.

we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. i think they're just complete assholes. lol. there's a difference between mentally ill and stupid.
    Even if you're stupid, you know that's quite the commitment. But I will agree to disagree, fo sho.

The boyfriend's 911 call was released

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/bachel...mand-911-call/

TMZ has obtained the 911 call placed moments after "Bachelor" star Gia Allemand's boyfriend Ryan Anderson found her on Monday, following an apparent suicide attempt -- in which you can hear what sounds like Ryan saying "don't stop" giving CPR.

The audio is choppy, but from what you can hear the dispatcher gives CPR instructions to Ryan. It sounds like Ryan then relays those instructions to someone else -- presumably Gia's mother who was present -- telling her, "Keep going ... don't stop." Ryan sounds calm.

As we reported, Gia's cause of death is suicide. She was hospitalized in New Orleans after Ryan found her in her room, and she was subsequently placed on life support. Gia died on Wednesday.

Ryan -- who plays basketball for the New Orleans Pelicans -- was by Gia's side when she died, along with Gia's mother.

Even if you're stupid, you know that's quite the commitment. But I will agree to disagree, fo sho.
    My sister had a guy in her class who had gotten into a fight with his mom and went into the other room and shot himself in the head. He was 11 at the time. He was not mentally ill, or depressed, he was pissed off at his mom and wanted her to be sorry. An 11 year old is very impulsive without thinking things through. Happens all the time.

My sister had a guy in her class who had gotten into a fight with his mom and went into the other room and shot himself in the head. He was 11 at the time. He was not mentally ill, or depressed, he was pissed off at his mom and wanted her to be sorry. An 11 year old is very impulsive without thinking things through. Happens all the time.
    Yes, I won't disagree that an 11-year-old might not fully grasp the concept. (Though I may question "all the time.")

i want to know why an 11 year old had access to a gun.

i want to know why an 11 year old had access to a gun.
    ITA-it wasn't just any gun though, it was a shot gun. Parenting fail.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    Regarding Gia, I always thought she seemed so sweet, but very vulnerable, and I always felt like she was desperate to be in a relationship; like she needed it for validation or something.
    I got the same vibe from her, fragile and overly eager to please. She seemed like someone who got her sense of self-worth from how sexy guys thought she was. Her "modelling career" consisted of this kind of stuff, which I don't associate with someone with very high self-esteem:

Like "hey baby, stick your ass out...now spread your legs...good girl.." So demeaning.

i agree with you. i've come to a point in my life where i see suicide as similar to people with long-term illnesses. it's a way of ending their suffering, and it is not selfish. imo, it is selfish for anyone to think they should have to continue their lives in that kind of pain. i'm not trying to say i condone suicide. it is just that in my life having to deal with it i've come to this understanding.

dave lombardo. (my boss made me type that)

Gia Allemand's Mother, Donna Micheletti, Issues Statement About Daughter's Death

Donna Micheletti, mother of Gia Allemand, issued an official statement Friday morning to set the record straight about theories and remarks that have come out about her late daughter.

Released through a media representative, Micheletti's statement said, "The family and close friends of Gia Allemand have not spoken to the media to date, nor have they posted comments or insight on Twitter. There are numerous statements and theories in the media regarding Gia's death and her life that refer to sources close to Gia or friends of hers.

"As her mother, I am well aware of Gia's close friends and her best friends, and I am personally going on record to refute all statements to the media out there thus far with the exception of official statements we have released through publicist Penelope Jean Hayes, and those jointly with Ryan Anderson's NBA team representation.

"Gia liked everyone and always found the good in people, however there were acquaintances that she had disassociated with whom are now speaking as her close friends. I don't like to give further publicity by mentioning names here, however there is a particular individual, Loredana Ferriolo, identifying herself as Gia's best friend and the fact is that Gia expressed directly to me that she did not trust this individual and her motives for her own public exposure.

"After the funeral, I do intend to speak about my dear daughter's life and death, and will do so in an open disclosure way with a trusted media source. Thank you for all those truly concerned and God bless."

The statement from Micheletti also said, "Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in another official statement once confirmed."

Remembered for her long, brown locks, carefree personality and fit physique, the third finalist in Jake Pavelka's season of The Bachelor died of an an apparent suicide on Wednesday after being hospitalized in critical condition on Monday night, following a "serious emergency medical event," ABC said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i agree with you. i've come to a point in my life where i see suicide as similar to people with long-term illnesses. it's a way of ending their suffering, and it is not selfish. imo, it is selfish for anyone to think they should have to continue their lives in that kind of pain. i'm not trying to say i condone suicide. it is just that in my life having to deal with it i've come to this understanding.
    Yes, exactly.

My stepfather had an illness that wasn't ever going to be "cured", and it completely ruined his life. He took his life. My mom found him. I cleaned up the blood after the coroner took him away. Mom still lives in the hose, and I've never felt any anger towards my stepdad for what he did - if I was faced with what he was, I would kill myself too. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that all suicides are inherently horrible. It was his only way to be free from the pain, the seizures, teh 30+ medications a day, the fact that at 35 he was never going to be able to read a book or work or do anything "normal" again.

I hate suicide threads because you get people who either a) were fortunate enough to get help who don't realize that not everyone can be helped or b) people who have never dealt with it in a close manner (lucky assholes). The world isn't black-and-white, right-and-wrong, and neither is suicide.

Thread Information