Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Former 'Bachelor' contestant Gia Allemand (29) committed suicide

Former 'Bachelor' contestant Gia Allemand (29) committed suicide

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...mitted_suicide

Model and reality TV star Gia Allemand died of suicide Wednesday in a New Orleans hospital, according to E! News.

The former cast member of "The Bachelor" and "Bachelor Pad" was taken Monday night to University Hospital following "a serious emergency medical event," according to her publicist.

TMZ reported that Allemand committed suicide by hanging and that she was found Monday night by her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson. She had suffered "critical loss of brain and organ function." Her mom, Anderson and other friends were in the hospital when she was taken off life support.

The website quoted "multiple" people close to 29-year-old Allemand as saying she was recently extremely upset about her relationship with Anderson.

A couple of hours after the family made their initial announcement concerning Allemand's hospitalization, her friend and beauty expert Melinda Farina tweeted "@GiaAllemand is on life support w little pulse and barely breathing ..cause unknown ..next 48 hours critical please pray for Gia everyone," she wrote.

Allemand is best known for making the final three in Season 14 of "The Bachelor," before Jake Pavelka eventually picked Vienna Girardi.
    Damn...there had been news reports of a 'sudden medical emergency' the past couple of days...I figured appendicitis or something, but she hanged herself and her boyfriend found her. I know I watched that season but I don't remember her.

One thing I will never understand is people who kill themselves at home knowing a family member will find them. W T F ?? WHY put your family through something like that??
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-15-2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: created article

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I don't think they're thinking of that. They just want the pain to end.

This made me really sad. She seemed like such a sweet girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Some want their family members to find them, as a kind of final FU.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

OK, well, regardless, it really sucks that people are in so much pain that they feel their lives are worth less than a final FU.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    OK, well, regardless, it really sucks that people are in so much pain that they feel their lives are worth less than a final FU.
    It's both. They'd have done it anyway, it's not just the FU. It's like, "I'm gonna do this shit and since it's YOUR fault, here ya go!" I've known a couple suicides over the years, and worked a few as an EMT, and that's what I've found to be the case in those situations. You'd still have to be pretty disturbed to do a thing like that, but such is the nature of suicide. Folks in their right frame of mind don't pull stunts like that.

You've been struck by a smooth criminal

I sort of remember her now, she was super sweet and kind of clueless. Still, very sad.

I wonder if her family donated her organs? I know they must have been approached about it.

Damn. Suicide?

Ok I don't know how I feel about this yet. She was a very caring person who loved her family, did she have a history of depression? I mean if she had a child recently I could see her killing herself because of PPD, but I don't know if I'm buying that she killed herself over failed relationship. If she's an animal lover and rescuer I couldn't see her abandoning them like that.

I also don't think what she posted/tweeted was that ominous or weird.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeManiac View Post
    It's both. They'd have done it anyway, it's not just the FU. It's like, "I'm gonna do this shit and since it's YOUR fault, here ya go!" I've known a couple suicides over the years, and worked a few as an EMT, and that's what I've found to be the case in those situations. You'd still have to be pretty disturbed to do a thing like that, but such is the nature of suicide. Folks in their right frame of mind don't kill themselves.
    Fixed.

Maybe she just couldn't handle the notoriety her newfound fame has afforded her? I mean, I'm sure in her wildest dreams she never thought she'd be dating some NBA player. And what about their relationship? Wonder what was going on there? I'm sad that she thought suicide was the way to go. How sad for her family, and may she rest in peace.

I used to work with a Bachelor contestant (season 1: Brook). Nice guy, not at all what I expected. He used to tell us stories of the people on the show.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Gia Allemand ‏@GiaAllemand 6 Aug
    Loved what @herbalessences make-up artist used on my face so much last night I woke up and bought.… http://instagram.com/p/crblvFvN8I/

Amanda Shatel ‏@A_Shatel 1h
    @GiaAllemand @herbalessences you don't purchase expensive makeup a week before u attempt suicide... This doesn't make sense at all. RIP GIA

From the LA Times:
    Earlier this month, Allemand appeared with other "Bachelor" alumni at an Herbal Essences-sponsored viewing party for the finale of Desiree Hartsock's season of "The Bachelorette."*

"Gia was in good spirits & appeared healthy when I saw her last Monday," tweeted former "Bachelorette" Ali Fedotowksy on Tuesday.

After news of her death circulated online Wednesday, dozens of "Bachelor" veterans expressed their grief on Twitter.*

"It's with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our good friend Gia Allemand," host Chris Harrison said. "She will be loved and missed by all who knew her."

Allemand herself had been active on social media in the days leading up to her death, last tweeting a Bible verse on Sunday.
    Doesn't make sense...

Good I'm not the only one who thinks this story doesn't add up. My gut says she didn't kill herself.

I don't think the purchasing of make up means anything. I guess the method of suicide threw me off, that and the fact that she was unhappy in her relationship. It makes me think she was going to leave him and he killed her. A lot of the articles online are confusing because they say she died from a suicide "attempt" and not an actual suicide.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-14-2013 at 06:06 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No offence but i doubt makeup is enough to stop someone from taking their own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    No offence but i doubt makeup is enough to stop someone from taking their own life.
    yah. I was pointing that out because that tweet sounded a bit much to me.

Yeah, I don't see what the conspiracy is here.

Yeah, I don't see what the conspiracy is here.
    It was just a theory of mine

I never said my theory was factual

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It was just a theory of mine

I never said my theory
    I don't think it's anything other than suicide. She was the most emo girl on that show, and that says a lot. I think it's terribly sad but I 100% think she killed herself.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    THIS. Based on personal experience I NEVER felt like it was a final FU to whoever found me. I actually felt bad that someone would find me and tried to eliminate that possibility which ended up saving me. Which I am now grateful for.
    Ok I don't know how I feel about this yet. She was a very caring person who loved her family, did she have a history of depression? I mean if she had a child recently I could see her killing herself because of PPD, but I don't know if I'm buying that she killed herself over failed relationship. If she's an animal lover and rescuer I couldn't see her abandoning them like that.

I also don't think what she posted/tweeted was that ominous or weird.
    If you are already feeling suicidal, it doesn't take much to push you over the edge and act on your feelings.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I agree w/ everything UN said & the makeup shit..pfft going on big shopping sprees for new shit (makeup) & then getting home to find it didn't satisfy you/fill the void is a classic thing with depression as well

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I agree w/ everything UN said & the makeup shit..pfft going on big shopping sprees for new shit (makeup) & then getting home to find it didn't satisfy you/fill the void is a classic thing with depression as well
    Exactly. And people normally seem happy right before they end it because they know that their pain will be ending. And I did it on Christmas day....a day that family is together and you get to exchange gifts...normally a happy time for people. My point is that just because people seem happy or do things that seem like they are happy doesn't mean they really are. I believe that she killed herself and I believe that it could be over a relationship. Sometimes things get to be too much even if it doesn't seem like a big deal to other people.

Yeah I see what everyone is saying. It was probably a suicide. It's almost like I'd rather think a ghost murdered someone then to believe they actually took their own life. Even though I know that doesn't happen

Yeah I see what everyone is saying. It was probably a suicide. It's almost like I'd rather think a ghost murdered someone then to believe they actually took their own life. Even though I know that doesn't happen
    I feel you. Suicide is definitely a sad, sad thing.

Exactly. And people normally seem happy right before they end it because they know that their pain will be ending.
    Yes, this ^^ Good point. There were pics of her and her BF all over the internet in the past few weeks, taking trips, on the beach etc. etc, looking happy and in love...she could have already made her decision. Who knows. But hanging seems like an awful way to go and how desperate would you have to be to actually go through with it?

And knowing her BF would find her, sorry but that just seems cruel. She could have left a note and gone off to the woods and hung herself from a tree FFS. Call 911 when you're ready so they'll find you. Imagine what it must have been like for him to find her hanging there, in their house, with her face all purple. That's a sight he'll never be able to forget as long as he lives. And how will he be able to live in that house now? Fuck her.

God, people who have decided their lives aren't worth living should definitely have the foresight to think of things like calling 911 and making arrangements so someone they know doesn't find them. What a bunch of dicks.

Crickets, I disagree with you. When someone is ready to end their life, they are tired of thinking about other people and what will make things easier for them. It gets exhausting thinking "Oh man, I better stay alive because my mom/grandma/dog/kids/dad/friends/whoever will be so upset without me". Fuck that. When it gets to be too much, all you can think about is what will make it better.

Is it really hard to comprehend this? Why the fuck should anyone who is emotionally hurting to the point of not wanting to be alive (and if you've never been there, it hurts more than I can even begin to describe) have to think about anyone else? When does a person get to just think about themselves for once?

Thread Information