http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/08...irl-92614.html

(Updated Aug. 13, 2013) CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - A man has been arrested and faces abduction charges in central Virginia, reportedly in connection with the continued disappearance of a 17-year-old girl.

Authorities say Randolph Taylor, 48, was arrested Sunday while authorities continue to search for Alexis Murphy.

During a Monday press conference, federal authorities say they are still searching for Murphy.

"We will keep looking for her as long as it takes to find her," says Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin.

Jeff Mazanec, special agent in charge of the FBI's Richmond Division, said authorities continue to follow leads in the case to "find Alexis very soon."

Mazanec also addressed speculation that the case may be connected to other similar disappearances or abductions in the region, saying officials are "certainly looking at all possibilities."

Murphy's mother, who spoke at the press conference, pleaded for information about her daughter.

"If anyone knows anything, please let us know," said Murphy's mother Laura Ann Murphy.

Murphy was last seen Aug. 3 by her family. Her car was found in the parking lot of a multiplex in Charlottesville three days later.

Laura Ann Murphy is trying to keep it together as she waits for word about her daughter's disappearance and likely abduction.

"Someone calls me, I'm like, 'I hope it's her.' I look at my phone hoping it's her," Murphy says. "Even the day she went missing, I kept calling her cell phone."

On Monday, the FBI and local authorities searched the home where Taylor lives. They are also looking for anyone who has seen his late model GMC suburban with Virginia tags.

Around the small town of Lovingston, there are pink ribbons to remember Alexis and posters with details of her disappearance.

Alexis' aunt Angela Turner drives around town with her niece's missing poster in her window, hoping Taylor's arrest will lead to her niece.

"I just want her home," Turner says. "I just want everybody to be together."

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Alexis:

The suspect: