Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alexis Murphy's (17) body found over 7 years after she went missing; suspect was already convicted in her murder

Both the prosecution and the defense rested their cases on May 7 in the trial of Randy Allen Taylor, 48, charged with the murder and abduction of Alexis Taylor, who was last seen on August 3. After closing arguments, during which both sides agreed on only one thing--that Taylor was a liar--the case went to the jury at the end of the day.

"Randy Taylor is not charged with lying to the police or smoking marijuana or driving on a suspended license," said Taylor's lawyer, Michael Hallahan. "Taylor lied to investigators repeatedly. You can suspect he's guilty of something, but that's not beyond reasonable doubt."

Taylor is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree murder during the commission of an abduction, and abduction with intent to defile.

The day began with prosecution witness Wayne Ray Buraker, a self-described habitual offender who was in Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail in August, soon after Taylor arrived there. Dressed in inmate black-and-white stripes, Buraker said he was in a cell beside Taylor on August 16 and 17--less than a week after Taylor's arrest. He asked his new cell neighbor about Murphy and claimed the defendant replied, "The first time I saw her, I wanted to f*ck her my way."
    By the time closing arguments began at nearly 4pm, the historic Nelson County Circuit Court was packed with Murphy's family, friends, and law enforcement, many of whom had been released as witnesses.

"When it comes down to it, only two people know what happened in that camper Saturday, August 3, between 7:17 and 7:30," said Commonwealth's Attorney Martin. "One of them is here--the defendant Randy Taylor. The other has been silenced."

He referred to the testimony of family and friends who said the Nelson County High senior and volleyball co-captain had just gotten a raise at her job at Kid to Kid, was happy with her life and looking at going to college.

"All of that changed when she walked across the parking lot of the Liberty gas station and that man held the door for her," said Martin, who wasted no words accusing Taylor of lying to investigators. "He thought he could fast talk his way out of it," said Martin. "Then he tried the oldest trick in the book--blame it on someone else. He drags in poor Dameon Bradley."

Martin admitted he didn't know why Murphy went to Taylor's camper and said it could have been drugs, which he called "abduction by deception." The prosecutor described Taylor as a hunter looking for prey. "She was seized and detained by him as soon as she got on that property, like a deer hunter," said Martin.

FBI experts testified that the last activity on Murphy's phone came at 7:17pm, and it was found smashed August 13 near Taylor's camper.

Martin reminded the jury it was not necessary to produce Murphy's body for a homicide conviction, and repeatedly used the word "child" to describe Murphy. "He wants you to reward him for disposing of the body," said Martin.
    In his hour-long closing argument, defense attorney Hallahan stressed, "There's no proof or evidence of her death," and insisted police got the wrong man. "There's no evidence tying Alexis Murphy to [Taylor's] Suburban or his four-wheel drive," said Hallahan. "That's beyond reasonable doubt. That's not guilty."

Hallahan posited some alternative theories about what happened to Murphy. "What if someone paid him $10,000 to kidnap and sell her overseas?" he asked. (ETA: )

He pointed out Taylor bore no injuries indicating a violent struggle at the time of his arrest, and suggested there could have been no abduction because Murphy followed Taylor to his home.

"You're going to find there's not enough beyond a reasonable doubt," said Hallahan. "You may not like him, but that's not enough to convict him."

In his rebuttal, Commonwealth's Attorney Martin grabbed the stack of evidence envelopes containing Murphy's hair, torn fingernail, diamond stud, broken cell phone, and Taylor's t-shirt with Murphy's blood.

"This stuff doesn't lie," said Martin, who produced a chart titled, "Randy Taylor's Lies," and another called, "Why Randy Taylor Is Guilty."

In a dramatic finale, Martin silently opened one of the evidence bags, put on gloves, and held up Taylor's T-shirt and Murphy's hair extension. "No abduction? No murder?" said the prosecutor, citing the adage "evil triumphs when people do nothing."

"Don't let evil triumph," he concluded.
    UPDATE:
    after 6 hours of deliberations the jury found him GUILTY on all charges! then they deliberated for 45 minutes on his sentence and recommended the max- life in prison. This jury ROCKS!
    Bye-bye Randy..
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-08-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    UPDATE:
    after 6 hours of deliberations the jury found him GUILTY on all charges! then they deliberated for 45 minutes on his sentence and recommended the max- life in prison. This jury ROCKS!
    Bye-bye Randy..
    GOOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    A jury has found Randy Taylor guilty of killing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

MORE FROM WDBJ7.COM
    Breakdown of the Randy Taylor trial

Lead investigator, family talk about guilty verdict in Taylor

What?: Taylor was convicted on murder and abduction charges in teh disappearance of Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

Where?: Nelson County Courthouse in Lovingston

Prosecutor: Anthony Martin, Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney

Defense Attorney: Michael Hallahan

Judge: Michael Gamble

Key Dates
    Aug. 3, 2013: Murphy was last seen at a gas station in Lovingston.

Aug. 6, 2013: Murphy's car was found in a movie theater parking lot in Albemarle County, just outside of Charlottesville.

Aug. 11, 2013: Taylor was arrested in connection to the disappearance of Murphy. He was charged with abduction.

Aug. 12, 2013: A bloody shirt with Murphy's DNA on it was found in Taylor's camper.

Dec. 11: Gag order issued for all parties involved in the investigation.

Jan. 6: Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney announces that a special grand jury has indicted Taylor on murder charges.

May 9: Taylor was convicted of first-degree murder and abduction.

July 23: Taylor's sentencing hearing. He's facing two life sentences.

Taylor was found guilty on all counts. He faces a minimum of 20 years for first-degree murder and abduction. Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin and the jury recommended life sentences on each charge for Taylor. He will formally be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. on July 23.

Taylor's attorney, Michael Hallahan, said that he will file motions to set aside the verdict at the sentencing. A pending grand larceny case against Taylor will be handled at the July 23 sentencing.

Taylor was not present to hear his punishment. He told Hallahan that he didn't want to be there, so the judge never brought him back into the courtroom.

After the decision was read, Martin gave a statement to reporters and asked the public to keep the Murphy family in their thoughts.

"A dangerous man was put behind bars for two life terms for abducting and murdering Alexis Murphy," Martin said.

Murphy's aunt, Trina Murphy, said hearing the guilty verdict was like "winning the lottery."

Read more: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/rand...trial/25873120
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...l?device=phone

Taylor Talks About Murder Trial in Exclusive Interview

(May 12, 2014) Convicted killer Randy Taylor spoke out for the first time since his arrest last summer in connection with the disappearance and death of Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

Last week, a jury convicted him on those charges.

In an exclusive interview with Newsplex reporter Chris Stover, Taylor says he turned down a plea deal midway through the trial. The deal, he said, would've capped his sentence at 20 years.

"It's overwhelming because, like I said, turning down the deal, I figured I would get the truth out here," Taylor said. "If I would've done this as a guilty person, I would take the deal and be out in 16 years of a 20 year deal. But I had all my faith believing that I'd be exonerated of all these charges."

Commonwealth's attorney Anthony Martin has not yet confirmed whether a plea deal was offered.

From the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, where Taylor stays as he awaits his sentencing, he maintains his innocence.

"There's just too many things that haven't been told for me to be convicted of murder of Alexis Murphy," he said. "I did not murder Alexis Murphy. I did not abduct Alexis Murphy."

Over the course of the trial, prosecutors played audio tapes in which Taylor got caught up in his own lies.

"I was frightened at first because I thought she was just a runaway person," he said. "This was not local law enforcement. This was FBI. I did get a little upset about it at first that I made the statements. I wanted to correct the statement right after it happened."

One of the lies was about inviting the 17-year-old high school senior over to his camper on Route 29, just about a mile north of the Liberty gas station where Alexis was last seen. After denying having her in his camper many times, he finally admitted to investigators she had been there after they presented him with DNA evidence.

Surveillance video from the Liberty gas station also shows Taylor speaking with Alexis on the night she disappeared.

"I smoked marijuana before, and she had asked me about smoking marijuana before," he said. "That's all we were mainly talking about."

Since his arrest, Taylor has claimed a third person was also involved. He said a man, later identified by investigators as Dameon Bradley, joined Alexis at his camper.

Prosecutors said there was no evidence to suggest a third person was ever in Taylor's camper. Bradley testified as a witness for the prosecution, saying he's never met Taylor.

"I'm quite surprised because that's not what happened," Taylor said of Bradley's testimony. "He knows what happened. He knows he was there."

Last Thursday, after the verdict came down, Alexis' family made the following statement:

"It's like winning the lottery. Not that I've ever won the lottery, but it was pretty amazing," said Trina Murphy, Alexis' great aunt. "Just felt like justice has been served and wherever Alexis is, she can be at peace now."

Taylor, though, says he's still waiting for justice.

"Justice has not been done. There's two families hurting here now. Her family and my family," he said. "There's still no justice. There's still no closure. Until Alexis is found and returned to her family, and I'm free of these charges, there's no closure here."

Taylor says the entire ordeal since his arrest last August has taken an emotional toll. He's only briefly spoken to his teenage son since the conviction, and he said he hasn't gotten the chance to explain himself.

"I'm a good person. I'm not the person that they want people to believe I am," Taylor said. "I've hard life, but being a liar doesn't make me being a killer. Sure, I lied. But I didn't hurt nobody. And I can't believe that I'm going to spend the rest of my life behind bars."

The jury recommended two life sentences for Taylor, but a judge will make the final decision this summer.

Taylor said he plans to appeal the verdict, ideally seeking a re-trial in a different locality.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I'm so glad this creep was convicted. Asshole!!

Godspeed, Alexis

Here is the 'lovely bones' quote, from an interview the parents did on the Today Show 3 days after Morgan's skeleton was discovered. Her mother said "I have reviewed images of my daughter from her prenatal ultrasounds to looking at her empty eye sockets of her cranium. Yes, I have seen lovely bones. Lovely girl."

She had insisted on seeing the remains to get closure or something. 'Lovely Bones' is a book that was written about another murdered child.
    I looked-up The lovely Bones after reading this a few days ago and I found it on demand. Wow, what a fabulous movie. I also cried throught, tears were streaming down my face and could not stop it. Beautiful movie. Need to read the book.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

If at first you don't suceed, try, try again!

In other words, if "the black guy did it" doesn't work the first time, just find another black guy!

FFS. Barf.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...l?device=phone

Randy Taylor's Lawyer: Test DNA for Potential Jesse Matthew Connection to Alexis Murphy

(Oct. 2, 2014) The defense attorney for Randy Allen Taylor is asking the court to test DNA from the Alexis Murphy case to see if there are any connections to Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the man suspected in the abduction of Hannah Elizabeth Graham.

In May, Taylor was convicted in the murder of Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

Taylor has maintained his innocence, and testified Alexis was with another man the night she disappeared. Now, Taylor's defense attorney is suggesting that other man could be Matthew.

Michael Hallahan, the lawyer for Taylor, has written a letter to Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin, asking for additional DNA testing to be conducted in the Alexis Murphy case to see if there are possible links to Jesse Matthew.

Hallahan also asked that investigators re-examine Murphy and Matthew's social media accounts to see if the two ever communicated.
    Matthew has been charged with the abduction of missing University of Virginia 2nd-year student Hannah Graham, and has been forensically linked to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington in 2009.

Taylor's attorney says in light of multiple investigations into Matthew it makes sense to see if he has any connection to Murphy's case.

Commonwealth's Attorney Martin responded with a statement that listed all of the evidence used to convict Taylor. This list includes a bloody t-shirt found in his camper with Murphy's DNA, eyelashes and ripped out extensions, her smashed cellphone found on his property and video of the two speaking at liberty gas station the night she disappeared.

Even with the clear evidence and a conviction, Martin says he will speak with investigators this week about doing additional testing to bring closure to the speculation.

Below is the full press release from Nelson Co. Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin:

The Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney's Office, the Nelson County Sheriff?s Office, FBI and Virginia State Police again maintain that there is no credible evidence linking Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. for the abduction and murder of Alexis Murphy in which Randy Taylor was convicted.

Randy Taylor was the last known person to have had contact with Alexis Murphy on August 3, 2013 shortly before she went missing. All of the physical evidence at trial showing a violent struggle was located inside Randy Taylor's camper. This physical evidence consisted of a diamond stud, a fingernail fragment, a long black hair that showed signs of being forcibly removed, all of which had Alexis Murphy's DNA and were found on the floor of Randy Taylor's camper and the hair was found on Randy Taylor's pillow.

Alexis Murphy's shattered cellphone was found in the brush outside Randy Taylor's camper. The blue T-shirt that Randy Taylor was seen wearing at the Liberty gas station on August 3rd when he was seen talking with Alexis Murphy, was found under Randy Taylor's sofa inside his camper. That shirt contained Alexis Murphy's blood and had hair extensions and false eyelashes that had Alexis Murphy?s DNA and Randy Taylor's DNA balled up inside the shirt.

Randy Taylor was then seen at Applebee's Restaurant around 10:00 p.m. August 4th approximately 15 minutes after Alexis Murphy's vehicle was seen pulling in the Carmike parking lot within walking distance of Applebee's. Taylor then got a cab ride back to Nelson County, and refused to give authorities the name of the person who drove him down to Charlottesville that evening. The cab driver's name was John Sapp who testified at trial.

Randy Taylor denied ever going to Liberty gas station on August 3rd and denied ever seeing Alexis Murphy. Only after authorities found forensic evidence, putting Alexis Murphy inside his camper, did Randy Taylor admit that Alexis Murphy was in his camper but was with a third person. According to Randy Taylor, the "black guy with cornrows" and Alexis Murphy left in separate vehicles and everything was fine.

Within days after Randy Taylor's arrest for abduction of Alexis Murphy, Randy Taylor and Mr. Hallahan, his attorney, were 100% certain that the black male that Alexis Murphy left with was Dameon Bradley, a thin light-skinned black male, who drove a maroon Chevy caprice. Mr. Hallahan provided law enforcement with a photo of Dameon Bradley who looks absolutely nothing like Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. Dameon Bradley testified at Taylor's trial that he did know Alexis Murphy and they were only friends and he worked at the McDonalds at the Liberty gas station which is a place that Randy Taylor frequented on a daily basis.

At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. ever come up by Randy Taylor or Mr. Hallahan until Mathew's arrest in Hannah Graham several days ago.

Nelson County authorities have not received any information from investigators in the Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. case that links him in any way to the abduction and murder of Alexis Murphy. Some of the same investigators who worked the Alexis Murphy case are working with authorities in the Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington cases.

However, in order to dispel any further speculation, I will be meeting in the coming days with investigators in the Murphy case to address the concerns outlined in Mr. Hallahan's recent letter.

Even though the evidence on Randy Taylor and Randy Taylor alone in the Alexis Murphy case is clear, the Commonwealth will make sure that scientific testing is done in order to bring closure to the speculation.

Reaction from Alexis' family:

http://wtkr.com/2014/10/03/alexis-mu...-guys-in-jail/

Alexis Murphy's aunt says focus is on Hannah Graham, not guys in jail

(Oct. 3, 2014) Nelson County, Va. ? Alexis Murphy's aunt said parts of a letter sent by Randy Taylor's attorney asking investigators to check for a potential link between Hannah Graham abduction suspect Jesse Matthew Jr. and the missing Nelson County teen offended her and her family. That's according to a report from WTVR.

Taylor was convicted earlier this year of kidnapping and killing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. Her body has not been found.

Taylor's attorney, Michael Hallahan, asked Nelson County Commonwealth?s Attorney Andrew Martin to order additional DNA testing to see if Matthew, the man accused of abducting missing UVa. student Hannah Graham, has any link to Murphy?s case.

"There's no reason for us to think that anyone else was involved," Trina Murphy said.

Since Matthew?s arrest, he has been forensically linked to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington. Harrington was the Virginia Tech student who vanished in 2009. Her remains were found 101 days after she was last seen at a Metallica concert, at the University of Virginia, on Oct. 17, 2009.

Martin maintains that there is no credible evidence linking Matthew to Murphy?s abduction. Regardless, he said he will order scientific testing to rule out any speculation, WTVR reports.

"I don't think that the DNA testing will come back to show that Jesse Matthew's DNA was in the car," Trina Murphy said.

She said that parts of the letter written from Hallahan to Martin were offensive. In it, Hallahan wrote that Alexis? friends testified she liked older men.

"When you're 17 years old, older men to you are 18, 19, 21, not 32," said Murphy.

The letter also stated that Randy Taylor never gave the location of Alexis' body.

"That's a below the belt hit," said Trina Murphy. "It really is, it's very difficult for us as a family to know that Alexis is most likely not with us anymore; but not have closure, not have her body, not being able to go to a place where we've laid her to rest."

Trina said the focus now needs to remain on the search for Hannah.

"We need to find her and we need to bring her home," Murphy said. She said that both Taylor and Matthew are behind bars, but the search is on for Graham.

She added that said she will continue to have hope for Hannah, and pray for her family.

this guy is a stupid piece of shit. eyelashes and hair extensions balled up into his t-shirt covered in her blood under a couch in his home that he got too fucked up on drugs to remember to dispose of but it was the black guy who did it? fuck outta here.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://wtvr.com/2015/01/23/no-alexis...jesse-matthew/

Jesse Matthews, the man in custody for the Hannah Graham murder, was tested to see if he might be involved in Alexis' case. He was cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I really REALLYYY hope you're right. I'm nervous..
    Me too, I hope they nail him !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Me too, I hope they nail him !!
    No need to worry. They gave him two life sentences :)

Hey everyone! Haven't been here in a while ... hope everyone is doing well.

They found Alexis' remains. Finally! Not a lot of details yet:

https://www.cbs19news.com/story/4336...a-murphy-found

Thread Information