Thread: Jacob Carver (15) was found dead in NH Police Chief's Home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jacob Carver (15) was found dead in NH Police Chief's Home

15-year-old dies at NH police chief's home
    Posted: 03/13/13 at 7:05 am Tags:Jacob Carver New Hampshire

DANVILLE, N.H. (AP) -- Authorities say a 15-year-old boy has died at the home the police chief in Danville, N.H.

Jacob Carver was a student at Timberlane Regional High School.

State police they received a 911 call to the home Monday night. They later said they were investigating an "untimely death" at the house.

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office confirmed there was a shooting at the home, but police have declined to comment on how Carver died.

State Police Lt. Christopher Vetter tells the Eagle-Tribune Police Chief Wade Parsons is not under investigation.

Jacob was a member of the Timberlane football team and the freshman wrestling team
    I searched this but nothing came up - apologies if it is posted somewhere already

DANVILLE, N.H. (WHDH) -- New Hampshire state police are investigating a death inside the home of the Danville police chief.

Police rushed to Police Chief Wade Parsons’ home after someone called 911 shortly after 7 p.m. Monday. When troopers arrived they found one person dead. Officials are not saying how that person died.

Police are not saying how Parsons and the victim know each other.

The investigation continues. New Hampshire state police are calling this an “untimely death.”

At this point the attorney general’s office is not investigating. State police are awaiting autopsy results before they release a cause of death.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...-chief-s-home/

Danville chief charged for not securing gun used in teen suicide

By Doug Ireland
    Staff writer

DANVILLE, N.H. ? The father of a teenager who fatally shot himself with police Chief Wade Parsons? gun called the longtime chief ?irresponsible? yesterday.

Geoffrey Carver, the father of 15-year-old Jacob Carver, spoke from the door of his Diamond Drive home yesterday.

?He?s just very irresponsible,? Carver said. ?I don?t feel like talking right now.?

Less than an hour earlier, Rockingham County Attorney James Reams announced Parsons was being charged for failing to secure his loaded service weapon before leaving his Caramel Drive home March 11 to run errands. The teen was in Parsons? home at the time.

Jacob, who is also the son of Parsons? girlfriend, Debbie Carver, was found dead in Parsons? home that evening. He was a freshman at Timberlane Regional High School who wrestled and played football.

Reams said his office decided to charge Parsons because of the severity of the shooting and to send a message to gun owners they need to take precautions.

?I hope it?s a reminder that if you have a dangerous weapon, you must secure it,? Reams said.

Parsons, 54, will be prosecuted in 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow on a charge of negligent storage of firearms ? a violation punishable by a $1,000 fine ? because a child under 16 was able to gain access to the weapon, Reams said. A court date has not been scheduled, he said.

For weeks, state police said although the death was not accidental, they would not confirm it was a suicide. Reams confirmed yesterday the teen shot and killed himself.

The Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun was left on top of a closet safe, where Parsons regularly stores the weapon, Reams said. There were no other weapons in the house, he said.

As state police completed their investigation, Lt. Christopher Vetter said it would be up to Reams?s office to determine if charges would be filed.

Since the boy?s death, members of the public ? through phone calls and letters ? have called for details of the police investigation to be made public.

They included a letter from the Timberlane community that was sent to Parsons and media organizations, was signed ?Timberlane Regional High School Parents and Friends of Jacob Carver.? The letter also asked Parsons to provide gun safety classes at local schools.

Reams said his office hasn?t received any pressure from the public to charge the affable chief, whom he said he?s known for years.

?I don?t think there?s anyone who feels worse than Wade Parsons,? he said.

Reams said he has not talked to Parsons, who was told of the charge earlier this week.

Reams said he met with the boy?s family, but wouldn?t comment on their discussion. He did say no one knows why the popular teen decided to take his own life.

?Nobody seems to have any explanation,? Reams said. ?Everyone is baffled by it.?

Parsons was out of work for at least two weeks before returning to duty in late March.

?I can?t say anything because it?s still under investigation,? he said.

Parsons was at the Danville station briefly yesterday morning, but left and could not be reached for comment. Reporters waited in the parking lot, hoping to speak to him.

A woman peeked out the window, then turned off the light when a reporter knocked on the door of Parsons? home yesterday.

Reams said it would be up to Danville officials and the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council to determine if Parsons remains chief, an elected position he?s held since 1995. He is currently serving a three-year term.

None one from the council could be reached for comment.

Danville Selectmen?s Chairman Shawn O?Neil said the board will continue to back Parsons. There have been no requests for him to step down, he said.

?I have confidence in Wade and I?ll support him,? O?Neil said. ?I?ll support him at the polls, too.?

O?Neil said Parsons has done a good job as chief.

?It?s not going to bring Jacob back,? O?Neill said of prosecuting Parsons.
    http://www.newburyportnews.com/local.../?state=taberU

https://www.facebook.com/RipJacobCar...ation=timeline
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Thread Information