Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannah Anderson (16)- kidnapped and recovered alive. Younger brother Ethan; Mother. Tina Anderson, killed.

I want to smack parents that let their girls, at any age under 18, walk around in shorts like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I want to smack parents that let their girls, at any age under 18, walk around in shorts like that.
    The shorts are pretty much the norm nowadays.. I don't have daughters, but boys. I try to be strict with things, but it is tough when every single parent out there allows them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pywackett View Post
    The shorts are pretty much the norm nowadays.. I don't have daughters, but boys. I try to be strict with things, but it is tough when every single parent out there allows them to do it.
    I hear you, and my daughter might hate me forever for making her wear shorts that are not underwear size. Tough shit for her. There isn't any way in hell I would allow it. And if I caught her changing into that shit? No joke she would forever be grounded.

Also, since everyone had their phone hijaked, does that mean every single person with a cellphone has a responsibility to be on the lookout? It just seems weird.

I heard about this case this morning. This text alert is a new thing that they are trying out for amber alerts. You have no choice in the matter. If you live in that state, it sends the message out to every phone. The news station out of Cleveland said they plan on doing that for all states with amber alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I heard about this case this morning. This text alert is a new thing that they are trying out for amber alerts. You have no choice in the matter. If you live in that state, it sends the message out to every phone. The news station out of Cleveland said they plan on doing that for all states with amber alerts.
    I turned it off, thankfully. I don't want nor can I have that kind of thing going off when I am in a meeting with my boss, sleeping or anything else that requires no cellphone sound. Imagine the movie theater that happens in.

Honestly, I think the road signs are quite enough. It's not like people don't watch tv, listen to the radio..

You can opt out,so I was wrong. This article also says that if your phone is out of another state and you happen to be in CA when an alert is issued, your phone will go off.

Here's the information

http://www.inquisitr.com/891034/ambe...th-new-system/

Yeah that chick in that gif scares the shit out of me. She looks like she is going to kill someone.

No child of mine is leaving the house in those damn shorts. No fucking way. I wish Hannah would have told someone this perve told her he was interested on her. Though I don't know it would have made a difference.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Meh, I could not give three fucks what my mom thought of my clothing at 16. You'll be shocked how little control you'll have, especially if your kid is growing up in a city.

Meh, I could not give three fucks what my mom thought of my clothing at 16. You'll be shocked how little control you'll have, especially if your kid is growing up in a city.
    This is where I would become mommy dearest on her ass and literally do room checks. I have already said previously I won't even let my kids have a smartphone and will monitor theshit out of a computer. Seriously, my kids are going to hate me.

This is where I would become mommy dearest on her ass and literally do room checks. I have already said previously I won't even let my kids have a smartphone and will monitor theshit out of a computer. Seriously, my kids are going to hate me.
    I wouldn't want to be your kids. You have to step into the times you live in. If you raise a good kid who has a healthy sense of self respect, they'll make the right calls. But micromanaging a 16 year old will never lead to anything positive for either of you.

It is too bad he burnt his hosue down. I would be curious to see if he took his camping gear with him..

I wouldn't want to be your kids. You have to step into the times you live in. If you raise a good kid who has a healthy sense of self respect, they'll make the right calls. But micromanaging a 16 year old will never lead to anything positive for either of you.
    Yeah, it is a fine line for sure. Give them too much freedom and they may go wayward. Too little and you are creating a future rebel. For me, if they do well in school and are kind and have a big heart, I let them slide with the little things..

Too obvious but this was the Perp's cover photo from a year ago. I wonder where this is at? I also wonder how meticulously cops go through facebook pages in these cases. I imagine very much so. He has a lost a few FB friends the last few days. I don't think I would defriend a person in this particular case. At least not right away. But I wonder if the friends are contacted by the police to find out more about the dude. I am wondering a lot this afternoon apparently..

Too obvious but this was the Perp's cover photo from a year ago. I wonder where this is at? I also wonder how meticulously cops go through facebook pages in these cases. I imagine very much so. He has a lost a few FB friends the last few days. I don't think I would defriend a person in this particular case. At least not right away. But I wonder if the friends are contacted by the police to find out more about the dude. I am wondering a lot this afternoon apparently..

Uggh, didn't work. What is the trick for inserting facebook images here? They don't end in .jpg or .gif..

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

Yeah, it is a fine line for sure. Give them too much freedom and they may go wayward. Too little and you are creating a future rebel. For me, if they do well in school and are kind and have a big heart, I let them slide with the little things..

So true. I pick and choose battles with my 16 yr old daughter. As much as it kills me, sometimes you just have to trust them. The clothing battle is something I've been fighting with mine since she turned 12. They love to push the boundaries. BUT they need boundaries. It's such a hard thing.

More people bitching about that Amber Alert (from TMZ)

If you live in California, we all did the same thing last night -- we wondered, 'Who the hell sent me this Amber Alert on my cell phone ... and how can I turn it off?"

It happened at 10:54 pm -- cell phones across the state started buzzing, sending people (especially sleeping people) scrambling to find out which app was responsible for the late night push notification.

Turns out, there's an Amber Alert setting in the "notification" section of your iPhone -- that most people didn't know about until last night ... when everyone from Shaquille O'Neal to Mike Epps to our camera guys got the message.

Of course, the message was sent with good intentions -- to help authorities hunt down a suspect who allegedly abducted two children in San Diego and is possibly trying to sneak them into Texas -- but still, we couldn't shut it off fast enough.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/4/#ixzz2bO3BZ5iX
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Uggh, didn't work. What is the trick for inserting facebook images here? They don't end in .jpg or .gif..

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

Pye?? You needed to put IMG tags on either side of the link. [IMG] and the [/.IMG] (without the dot or space) :)
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    More people bitching about that Amber Alert (from TMZ)

If you live in California, we all did the same thing last night -- we wondered, 'Who the hell sent me this Amber Alert on my cell phone ... and how can I turn it off?"

It happened at 10:54 pm -- cell phones across the state started buzzing, sending people (especially sleeping people) scrambling to find out which app was responsible for the late night push notification.

Turns out, there's an Amber Alert setting in the "notification" section of your iPhone -- that most people didn't know about until last night ... when everyone from Shaquille O'Neal to Mike Epps to our camera guys got the message.

Of course, the message was sent with good intentions -- to help authorities hunt down a suspect who allegedly abducted two children in San Diego and is possibly trying to sneak them into Texas -- but still, we couldn't shut it off fast enough.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/4/#ixzz2bO3BZ5iX
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com
    I mean, unless every single person in CA (and I am wondering when they will extend it to other surrounding participating states, since he could have gotten far enough) is awake and outside on the hunt for this dude at almost 11pm, 10am and 3pm on a workday and again late at night.. it's seems a bit much. With all of that, he hasn't been found or seen. I shudder to think of all the blue Nissan Versa's traveling around getting called on simply because it's the same car.

Smart idea, bad execution. That's all I can really say.

I mean, unless every single person in CA (and I am wondering when they will extend it to other surrounding participating states, since he could have gotten far enough) is awake and outside on the hunt for this dude at almost 11pm, 10am and 3pm on a workday and again late at night.. it's seems a bit much. With all of that, he hasn't been found or seen. I shudder to think of all the blue Nissan Versa's traveling around getting called on simply because it's the same car.

I dunno. It really isn' that big of a deal. Can you imagine if you are a parent of a missing kid and it is 11pm. You ask the cops why they are not sending out the Amber Alert and they answer "We are going to wait until 8am so that we don't bother people or wake them up". Not sure if that would go over too well. Yeah, the chances are small to nil, but you got to extend all resources in a literal life and death situation.

I agree with this. The coverage of people being annoyed by Amber Alerts is way more predominant than any relevant information about this case.

I dunno. It really isn' that big of a deal. Can you imagine if you are a parent of a missing kid and it is 11pm. You ask the cops why they are not sending out the Amber Alert and they answer "We are going to wait until 8am so that we don't bother people or wake them up". Not sure if that would go over too well. Yeah, the chances are small to nil, but you got to extend all resources in a literal life and death situation.
    Oops, I meant "expend" all resources. Not extend. The grammar smites have made me paranoid. :) and thanks Nestle for the image tip.!

Oops, I meant "expend" all resources. Not extend. The grammar smites have made me paranoid. :) and thanks Nestle for the image tip.!
    But the thing is, you're waking up thousands, potentially a million people, who are not only not going to get out of bed and start combing the streets, they're going to stop caring about this case because it's having ramifications on their own life.

However, you can turn off the alert on your smart phone.

I agree with this. The coverage of people being annoyed by Amber Alerts is way more predominant than any relevant information about this case.
    You would have to be a hermit living under a rock to not know about this. The repeated same info text to me 3-5 times daily is not needed. I have the last 4 texts to reference from if I think I see the car..

I hate to say this, but the longer this continues, the more likely something bad happened. Keep the freeway signs, keep it in the news and radio news. Sending 10 text messages is overkill. Never mind the fact that I would LOVE to see this happen for a black girl.

You would have to be a hermit living under a rock to not know about this. The repeated same info text to me 3-5 times daily is not needed. I have the last 4 texts to reference from if I think I see the car..

I hate to say this, but the longer this continues, the more likely something bad happened. Keep the freeway signs, keep it in the news and radio news. Sending 10 text messages is overkill. Never mind the fact that I would LOVE to see this happen for a black girl.
    What's sad/ironic to me is that the next morning after the initial text, the national news was like MASS AMBER ALERT TEXT ANNOYS THOUSANDS ACROSS SOUTHLAND and there was hardly any information about the actual case. You had to go to the San Diego news to read about it.

Thread Information