Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1435

Thread: Hannah Anderson (16)- kidnapped and recovered alive. Younger brother Ethan; Mother. Tina Anderson, killed.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Lifetime has a movie coming out on this story, but I think it's on the more questionable stuff some people had.

Hannah has called the movie a lie
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-abductor.html
    Well. It's Lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

It's on tomorrow night at 8 EDT

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Well. It's Lifetime.
    Yeah, it's not like it's known for journalistic integrity or anything.

I've never understood why a channel for women has so many domestic violence and rape movies on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Lifetime has a movie coming out on this story, but I think it's on the more questionable stuff some people had.

Hannah has called the movie a lie
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-abductor.html
    Well, given how much they leave out or change with major cases, yeah - I can believe it's wrong.

Sometimes I like Lifetime.

Those comments on the article were disgusting. I still cannot believe people think this girl killed her family and ran off with a perve. People are dumb.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like it's known for journalistic integrity or anything.

I've never understood why a channel for women has so many domestic violence and rape movies on it.
    First - back off my shitty lifetime movies. They're awesome (ly bad.)

But honestly, my guess is these subjects are not considered taboo on a women's network. TheRe are also a lot of viewers who can relate, so they'll watch. They'll cheer on the Victim/main characters.

Not to mention, women fucking love true crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Sometimes I like Lifetime.

Those comments on the article were disgusting. I still cannot believe people think this girl killed her family and ran off with a perve. People are dumb.
    Didn't people point out as proof of her being involved the fact she was dressing "provocatively" and was laughing and stuff with friends at some car wash or some shit?

Didn't people point out as proof of her being involved the fact she was dressing "provocatively" and was laughing and stuff with friends at some car wash or some shit?
    Crickets. She wore shorts and smiled=murdererrererererereeererer

Yeah some members here even did that shit.

I do not understand why or how people could hate this girl.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Crickets. She wore shorts and smiled=murdererrererererereeererer
    Ah, that's right! I couldn't remember if I had read any of that stuff here or on another site. What ever happened to that lunatic, anyway?

Ah, that's right! I couldn't remember if I had read any of that stuff here or on another site. What ever happened to that lunatic, anyway?
    She probably saw a group of teenage girls in short shorts taking selfies with their boyfriends and had a heart attack and died.

She probably saw a group of teenage girls in short shorts taking selfies with their boyfriends and had a heart attack and died.
    We can only hope

Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I meant to post updates we missed the other day, more details at the crime scene (evidence of cuffs & restraints being used on Hannah) & footage taken by the FBI before the rescue. She's going to be doing Criminology when she starts college.

I'll try & find it again. No idea how I didn't post it

ETA don't forget the Starbucks & "gang signs" at the funeral & flaunting her body at the carwash fundraisers.

(flaunting of body = short shorts just to be clear)
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-22-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I meant to post updates we missed the other day, more details at the crime scene (evidence of cuffs & restraints being used on Hannah) & footage taken by the FBI before the rescue. She's going to be doing Criminology when she starts college.

I'll try & find it again. No idea how I didn't post it

ETA don't forget the Starbucks & "gang signs" at the funeral & flaunting her body at the carwash fundraisers.

(flaunting of body = short shorts just to be clear)
    lol Gang signs!? Seriously?

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/02...er-111637.html

LOS ANGELES (ABC News) -- It was a murder, kidnapping and manhunt that riveted the nation in the summer of 2013, and now ABC News has obtained never-before-seen FBI surveillance video and photos of the rescue of 16-year-old Hannah Anderson.

The video and exclusive new interviews with the FBI agents who commanded the search and rescue sheds new light on Hannah's captivity, and the week-long manhunt for her kidnapper that stretched from the Mexican border to northern Idaho.

The story began with the discovery of a grisly crime scene in Boulevard, California, on a hot Sunday in August. The home of Anderson family-friend James DiMaggio burned to the ground in a spectacular fire, and in the ashes, two bodies were discovered -- Hannah's mother, Christina Anderson, and her 8-year brother Ethan. Police say Christina had been bound, gagged and beaten to death. Both bodies were burned beyond recognition. Investigators found evidence in the rubble that led them to believe DiMaggio had killed the two, then set the home on fire to try to cover up the crimes.

Immediately, police and family members feared for Hannah's safety. She had not been seen since cheerleading practice on Saturday, and she was supposed to get a ride home from that practice from DiMaggio. Authorities issued an Amber Alert, and border agents reported seeing DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson in a Blue Nissan, driving through a checkpoint at the California-Mexico border.

Victim or Participant?

The FBI began to interview anyone close to Hannah or James DiMaggio. Some of Hannah's friends reported that the 40-year-old DiMaggio had told Hannah he had a "crush" on her, and that "creeped" Hannah out.

But there were text messages between Hannah and DiMaggio. Authorities say the text messages appeared to be innocent and were to arrange for a pickup after cheerleading practice. There were social media questions about the communications, but the FBI said it found disturbing evidence pointing to an abduction by DiMaggio.

"We were finding signs of handcuff boxes and restraints and things at the residence that were indications that she was probably taken against her will,"
    FBI Deputy Director Britt Johnson told ABC's Pierre Thomas.

And Johnson said the Bureau felt it was a race against time to find the teenager.

"We were very concerned that something had clicked to cause him to take this terrible course of action. And at this point, I think he's fully in. There's no turning back for him."

Emails Shed Light on DiMaggio's Motives

Looking for a motive for the murders and kidnapping, investigators cracked open DiMaggio's computer, and found emails to Hannah that indicated DiMaggio feared Hannah was growing up, and growing away from the man she had always called Uncle Jim.

"Somewhere in his mind, I think he thought that he and Hannah would have a relationship and she would somehow fall in love with him," Johnson said. "I think the ability for him to get her away and take her somewhere -- he somehow thought he could change the situation."

In the days after the kidnapping, citizen sightings of DiMaggio's blue Nissan flooded in to law enforcement agencies, placing the two everywhere from Mexico to Oregon. The FBI learned that DiMaggio had purchased a blue tent and some other camping gear before he kidnapped Hannah. But as the week slipped past, none of those leads panned out, and concern for Hannah's safety heightened. Johnson said that investigators could only hope that DiMaggio's attachment to the girl would keep her safe.

"We were waiting on that first lead," Johnson said, "That big break to point us in the right direction."

That break finally came when a group of horseback riders in the "River of No Return" wilderness area in Idaho came across a man and a teenage girl who did not look like they belonged there. The riders told the county sheriff the young girl was blond, and was wearing pajama pants and battered sneakers. The older man was carrying a grey house cat. The FBI knew that DiMaggio had kept a grey cat as a pet.

"It was more than a good lead," Johnson said. "We started directing resources towards that area."

The problem for law enforcement was that The Frank Church-River of No Return wilderness area is part of the largest road-less tract of land left in the lower 48 states. It is 2.5 million acres of heavily forested mountains, deep ravines, raging rivers and arduous terrain. In other words, it was the perfect place for a kidnapper to hide.

Hundreds of law enforcement officers flooded into a newly-established command center in Cascade, Idaho, and soon, some basic police work paid off. A search of the area turned up DiMaggio's blue Nissan, covered in brush, near the trailhead ridden by those horseback riders. Anyone hiking that trail was stopped and questioned. Johnson said that the last person who came off the trail on Friday, August 9, said they saw a man and a teenage girl setting up camp high up in the mountains at Morehead Lake.

A Blue Tent and a Grey Cat

The U.S. Marshals Service had a small plane at the command center, and early on Saturday, August 10, they got airborne to see if they could spot DiMaggio and Hannah near Morehead Lake. At first, they didn't see anyone, and were about to turn off, but U.S. Marshal Steve Jurman says they decided to make another pass.

"We circled a few more times and focused in on that area. And then we were able to see that it was a blue tent," he said.

And then, he says two people came into focus.

"We were actually able to verify that it was a male and a female with blond hair and a small animal. So, at that point we knew we had something extremely valuable," said Jurman.

Once the discovery was made, an FBI plane with more sophisticated surveillance gear got airborne and confirmed it was DiMaggio, Hannah, and a grey cat.

"They relayed that yes, in fact, there was a cat at the campsite and they were tracking the cat, and that was just an extra bit of confirmation," the FBI's James Yacone told Pierre Thomas.

Yacone heads up the Bureau's Critical Incident Response Group, and he launched two hostage rescue teams to try to reach Hannah.

"By 2 p.m., they were boarding a Blackhawk helicopter flown by Customs and Border Patrol, and inserting about three miles away," Yacone said.

The rescue teams were dropped on a ridge line with an elevation of about 6,500 feet above sea level, and Yacone said it took them nearly three hours to hike the three miles to the lake location.

"There's nothing out there," Yacone said. "Radio communications were very, very difficult."

The aerial surveillance "eye in the sky" was also serving as a radio relay transformer, helping to maintain communications and guide the team on the ground.

"Stealth was the key," Yacone said.

While the rescue team was moving into place, the aerial surveillance saw something remarkable. It was Hannah waving her arms at the sky, as if signaling the plane. She was waving what looked like a white handkerchief, trying to draw attention while DiMaggio was off collecting firewood. On the ground, the FBI hostage rescue team was concealed nearby, waiting for the right moment to strike.

"One of the requirements to move in on the arrest was a distance and a separation between Hannah and DiMaggio," Yacone pointed out.

But time and light was becoming a factor as well. It was just after 5 p.m., and it was beginning to get dark. Once DiMaggio moved back into the woods to get more fuel for the campfire, the agents moved in. According to Hannah and the FBI, DiMaggio fired at least one shot. The hostage rescue team opened fire, hitting DiMaggio with five shots and killing him.

"After the shooting occurred, obviously the primary focus was to get to Hannah," Yacone said. "She was obviously confused about what had just occurred....She's crying. She was absolutely relieved once she realized this is the FBI and we were here to help her."

At FBI headquarters in Washington, Assistant Director Britt Johnson was listening to the radio traffic as the hostage rescue team moved in.

"We heard, 'shots fired' and we heard 'one down hard' and 'Jackpot.' When we heard 'Jackpot'...we knew Hannah was okay."

At the campsite, another helicopter was brought in to whisk Hannah off to the hospital. Doctors and a team of FBI experts were waiting for her. She didn't know that her mother and little brother had been killed, and it fell to the FBI team to tell her. The next day, agents brought the grey cat to her, but she refused it. It had been DiMaggio's, and was eventually returned to his family.

James DiMaggio's family has indicated it may file suit to discover the details of his death at the hands of the FBI. An investigation of the shooting by Idaho authorities and the FBI ruled the shooting justified.

Reached for comment, Anderson family spokesperson Stacy Hess said in a statement, "In the 18 months since Hannah was returned to her family, she and her dad, Brett Anderson, have been focused on healing from the harrowing events of August 2013. Hannah is a senior in high school who has achieved a 3.8 GPA, and a place on the Honor Roll for all of her junior year and all of her senior year to date. She is exploring colleges now where she plans to study forensics and criminology with a goal of becoming a detective with a Special Victims Unit. The entire Anderson family is eternally grateful to all of the individuals who helped rescue Hannah, and especially to the good men and women of the FBI who have clearly influenced her career aspirations."

The FBI really need to come out & make a very clear unequivocal statement for this kid. I was just thinking what a relief it must be for her that all the vicious gossips moved onto savaging new victims.

FUCK Lifetime. What absolute fucking cunts. Every single moron who was bitching about her is going to take their cheap shitty script as gospel & they'll start a whole new campaign against her - they were lobbying LE to charge her ffs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2122684

The plane kept circling. When DiMaggio turned his back to Hannah to tend to a fire, the teenager started waving frantically. That?s when the team moved in to save her.

DiMaggio killed Hannah's mom, Christina Anderson, and her 8-year-old brother, Ethan, before the kidnapping, police said.

Video showed agents run into the camp site, grab Hannah?s hand and lead her to safety. Meanwhile, DiMaggio began shooting at police, who returned fire
    . The 40-year-old kidnapper died in the shootout.

When the FBI team raided the camp after the rescue, they found several guns, loads of ammunition, handcuffs and rope.

The FBI really need to come out & make a very clear unequivocal statement for this kid. I was just thinking what a relief it must be for her that all the vicious gossips moved onto savaging new victims.

FUCK Lifetime. What absolute fucking cunts. Every single moron who was bitching about her is going to take their cheap shitty script as gospel & they'll start a whole new campaign against her - they were lobbying LE to charge her ffs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2122684
    People are shitty. Just because asshole teenage daughters have helped their older boyfriend kill their parents before doesn't mean all teenage girls do that. Their logic of "Well, 1% of teenage girls in the last 30 years have done something like this, so we now have to side-eye the other 99% of teenage girls" Doesn't make much sense. And Lifetime is more "Television setting women back decades" rather than "Television for women"

lol Gang signs!? Seriously?
    Yes.

Gang signs. A sure sign of her delinquency & guilt.

Just in case any crazy lurkers find their way here from a Lifetime forum

My kids have pix like that - we live here.

No. Gangs.

Yes.

Gang signs. A sure sign of her delinquency & guilt.

Just in case any crazy lurkers find their way here from a Lifetime forum

My kids have pix like that - we live here.

No. Gangs.
    Jesus. People are absolute idiots.

OK, I've decided we should go a little easier on those with hardcore short shorts issues.

I've come to realise it could be the result of childhood trauma

OK, I've decided we should go a little easier on those with hardcore short shorts issues.

I've come to realise it could be the result of childhood trauma

Ho-ly shit

People don't always grieve nice and pretty according to the standard of grieving. That doesn't make them necessarily guilty either. If this girl was involved it would have been all over the networks a looong time ago. They gotz nuthin'.

I would suspect a whole lot of guilt and self blaming on her part due to the fact that she survived and her mom and little brother didn't. It seems like she is trying to carry on like it really didn't happen. You can't fault her for that. She's a teenager.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    People don't always grieve nice and pretty according to the standard of grieving. That doesn't make them necessarily guilty either. If this girl was involved it would have been all over the networks a looong time ago. They gotz nuthin'.

I would suspect a whole lot of guilt and self blaming on her part due to the fact that she survived and her mom and little brother didn't. It seems like she is trying to carry on like it really didn't happen. You can't fault her for that. She's a teenager.

Well, not quite like it didn't happen. She's aiming to work in Special Victims after studying criminology, so she's either deliberately or unconsciously putting herself in a position where she's going to relive that trauma over & over & over & over - which isn't an unusual behaviour under the circumnstances, it's just a damn shame the Lifetime crowd don't recognise that behaviour for what it is.

A lot of times when something tragic happens in a family, they try to get through and carry on without addressing the 1,000 gorilla in the room. It's there, everyone gives it a quick nod, and that's it.

Putting myself in this kids shoes for a second. How horrible would I feel knowing that some perv killed my little brother and mom so they could get to me? It's a wonder that this girl doesn't have some severe drug problems going on. That's a pain that seem unfathomable. I think she is dealing the best way she can. If she takes that pain and channels it into something beneficial then good for her.

Some of you with legal knowledge, isn't Lifetime opening themselves up for some type of liable and slander claims by Hannah and her family by airing this take on what happened?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information