Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Premila Lal (18) was shot after jumping out of closet to surprise friends

Premila Lal (18) was shot after jumping out of closet to surprise friends

A YOUNG woman was shot dead after jumping out of a closet where she was hiding to surprise a friend.

Premila Lal, 18, was killed when the startled friend, Nerrek Daniel Galley, 21, reportedly shot her in a Longmont, Colorado home.

After the prank went awry, Galley and two of Lal's male relatives, one of them believed to be her 15-year-old brother, carried the victim to a car and took her to hospital, a neighbour told the Longmont Times-Call.

The neighbour, who was not identified by the paper, said that prior to that her husband "heard yelling and screaming" coming from the property.

Galley, who has been co-operating with police, was arrested on suspicion of child abuse and reckless endangerment, according to an arrest report released to the media.

The paper said Galley was also suspected of permitting a juvenile to have a firearm. The charge stems from Galley allegedly allowing Lal's 15-year-old brother to have a handgun in his possession without the permission of the boy's parents, a felony under Colorado law.

According to CBS Denver, Lal was a high school track star. Her heartbroken father Praveen Lal said he felt no anger towards Galley.

?We lost a daughter, so we don?t want anybody else to lose their son, you know, especially when it was accident,? Mr Lal told

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/pr...#ixzz2eME88quC

I'm phone posting - can anyone find facebooks?
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-08-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I'm calling bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

fighting before the shot? not due to a surprise scare. at least i hope not. i do that to people all the fucking time.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Nerrek Galley

Premila Lal

A YOUNG woman was shot dead after jumping out of a closet where she was hiding to surprise a friend. Premila Lal, 18, was killed when the startled friend, Nerrek Daniel Galley, 21, reportedly shot her in a Longmont, Colorado home. After the prank went awry, Galley and two of Lal's male relatives, one of them believed to be her 15-year-old brother, carried the victim to a car and took her to hospital, a neighbour told the Longmont Times-Call. But she died shortly afterwards.

http://mobile.news.com.au/world-news...-1226714841782

That is one good thing about living down here. If you're given to spontaneous scare-attacks - & let's face it, we all have our moments, the worst you'll cop in Australia is probably a punch in the face (unless you're silly enough to do it to a cop or a biker)

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    That is one good thing about living down here. If you're given to spontaneous scare-attacks - & let's face it, we all have our moments, the worst you'll cop in Australia is probably a punch in the face (unless you're silly enough to do it to a cop or a biker)
    All Americans are not this gun crazy!

I'm still calling shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

I'm calling bullshit.
    Why would he be armed walking around his house anyway? And who let her into the house or did she break in?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

High school track star shot and killed after jumping out of closet in prank gone horribly wrong: father

The 18-year-old girl and her cousin apparently snuck into her house about 8 p.m. Friday to scare her brother and friend. But when Nerrek Daniel Galley, 21, heard a noise he shot and then identified the teen later, police say.

Comments (185)

BY NINA GOLGOWSKI / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2013, 10:08 AM

An 18-year-old high school track star was tragically shot and killed after jumping out of a closet to scare a friend, her family says.

The father of Premila Lal of Longmont, Colo., says the girl was returning home with her 12-year-old cousin around 8 p.m. Friday when she decided to play a prank that went horribly wrong.

Inside the house were Premila's 15-year-old brother and her friend, 21-year-old Nerrek Daniel Galley, a man who depicts himself as an avid gun enthusiast on his Facebook profile.

Police say they are still determining whether to charge Nerrek Galley — seen in a Facebook photo — in the teen’s death.

"They somehow entered the house and my son and Nerrek didn't know it was them," her father, Pravenn, told KDVR. "After she was shot, then Nerrek realized it was Premila."

Neighbors who witnessed the four frantically exiting the home called police, who say a handgun was recovered at the scene.

Neighbors say they saw the group rush out of the house Friday night on the way to the hospital, where Premila Lal was pronounced dead.

"I heard a girl screaming from inside the house. So, I looked out and I saw them coming out," neighbor Elaine Haddox told KDVR. "There were three guys and a girl. And they were all running out of the house, screaming, 'Hurry, hurry. We`ve got to go.'"

Premila Lal’s father, Pravenn, says Nerrek Daniel Galley didn’t realize the teen was the ‘intruder’ until she had already been shot.

Minutes later, the four of them would arrive at Longmont United Hospital where Lal was pronounced dead around 9 p.m., according to local authorities.

Longmont police described Lal's death as "unintended and extremely tragic" on Saturday.

Reports of Premila being shot after hiding in a closet is also said to be "consistent with our investigation," Satur said.

Galley has been charged with child abuse, reckless endangerment and permitting a juvenile to have a firearm. Police say they are still determining whether to charge Galley in the teen's death.

Lal's anguished parents are now mourning while describing her as a popular student and athlete who was successful both on the track and in the classroom.

"She graduated with 3.87 GPA with changing three schools. So she was a go-getter. We're going to miss her," said her father.

ngolgowski@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1449117
    There's a track vid of Premila at this site.

Maybe the girls sneak in, the guys think they're alone but hear noises, think there's a burglar & get a gun. The guys are freaked out & creeping through the house with the gun, she leaps out & he fires because he was ready to fire at the "burglar"? It's tragically possible. I have an uncle who was relaxed & chatting on his verandah one day when he scared the absolute shit out of my Dad (pre-Australian gun laws) because he suddenly & very unexpectedly fired at a MOUSE with a .44 - some people get more nervous than others around their pet fears.

ETA - he missed. & it was just sheer luck that my brother & I, & my 3 cousins were playing on the other side oif the yard because the first words out of his mouth were "FUCKing JEEZus!! Did ya see that fucken' mouse! I fucken hate those cunts! ...oh shit ... where's the kids? 1, 2, ...3, 4 ...5! Yep all there. Lucky. Fucken forgot they were here.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-08-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Maybe the girls sneak in, the guys think they're alone but hear noises, think there's a burglar & get a gun. The guys are freaked out & creeping through the house with the gun, she leaps out & he fires because he was ready to fire at the "burglar"? It's tragically possible. I have an uncle who was relaxed & chatting on his verandah one day when he scared the absolute shit out of my Dad (pre-Australian gun laws) because he suddenly & very unexpectedly fired at a MOUSE with a .44 - some people get more nervous than others around their pet fears.
    Ok this makes sense. If I heard some shuffling around in a closet in another room I would 1.) call the police and 2.) yell out and give the person a chance to identify themselves. I wouldn't want to accidentally shoot one of my animals.

The part that's confusing is the yelling and arguing heard by the neighbors before the gun shot sound.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Galley, who has been co-operating with police, was arrested on suspicion of child abuse and reckless endangerment, according to an arrest report released to the media.

The paper said Galley was also suspected of permitting a juvenile to have a firearm. The charge stems from Galley allegedly allowing Lal's 15-year-old brother to have a handgun in his possession without the permission of the boy's parents, a felony under Colorado law.

According to CBS Denver, Lal was a high school track star. Her heartbroken father Praveen Lal said he felt no anger towards Galley.

?We lost a daughter, so we don?t want anybody else to lose their son, you know, especially when it was accident,? Mr Lal told

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/pr...#ixzz2eME88quC
    I'm confused. So, are they saying that the gun belonged to the shooter but he was letting the little brother keep it in his room or something? She was in the brother's closet? Or that Galley shot her with another gun that he had on his person, not the one he let the kid keep?

If that's the case, I'd be feeling some anger toward Galley. Dude let your 15-year-old son have a gun without asking you first? Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why would he be armed walking around his house anyway? And who let her into the house or did she break in?
    He's a ginger. I think it's in the Ginger Bible that "One must be armed at all times because thou is too pussy to fight with one's bare hands."
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    He's a ginger. I think it's in the Ginger Bible that "One must be armed at all times because thou is too pussy to fight with one's bare hands."

This happened in a town close to my hometown about 18 years ago in Louisiana. What was bad about it was the teenager that jumped out surprised her dad and he was the one who shot and killed her. It was really sad. I think the little girl was 14 or 15.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I laughed. Sorry. Its still sad.

RIP Premila. Looks like you got the biggest surprise in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    This happened in a town close to my hometown about 18 years ago in Louisiana. What was bad about it was the teenager that jumped out surprised her dad and he was the one who shot and killed her. It was really sad. I think the little girl was 14 or 15.
    Was he in witness protection or something WHAT IS HE SO AFRAID OF!?!?
    That's fucking insane. Who's her dad, this guy? Fucking paranoid asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I laughed. Sorry. Its still sad.

RIP Premila. Looks like you got the biggest surprise in the end.
    I did too.

Makes me think of the scene in Burn After Reading when George Clooney shoots Brad Pitt.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

n the public relations battle over the proliferation of guns in this country, Second Amendment supporters share stories about weaponry that prevented crime, while firearms-control advocates counter with examples of tragic shootings that often take place by accident. Falling into the latter category is a terrible incident that took place Friday night. Premila Lal, eighteen, decided to play a prank on her brother and a friend, Nerrek Galley -- but Galley mistook her for an intruder and shot her dead. Photos, video and the heartrending details below.

As noted by the New York Daily News, Premila was an excellent student and track-team member at Niwot High School. She was a recent Niwot High grad, the Longmont Times-Call points out.

Additionally, Premila was a friend of Nerrek Galley, as illustrated by this photo obtained by 9News:

As for Galley, 21, he was a gun enthusiast. His Facebook page sports only four photos, two of which feature him with a rifle (see above posts). His interest had deadly consequences on Friday evening.

Galley and Premila's brother, Pranil (to whom Galley had reportedly trained in shooting, with the Lal family's permission), thought they heard an intruder break into a home on the 2500 block of Cambridge Drive in Longmont. The family had recently moved to a new place, but they had not yet given up the Cambridge home; the boys were playing video games in the basement.

The house where the shooting took place.

Little did they know that Premila and her twelve-year-old cousin, who had ostensibly left to attend a Niwot High football game, headed back to the Cambridge house with the goal of surprising Galley and Pranil.

Premila Lal's cousin in the closet where the two of them hid.

Premila and her cousin hid in a closet in order to give the two boys a start. But little did they know that Galley and Pranil thought they'd heard an intruder and were searching the residence for a possible burglar.

This confluence of events soon proved fatal. When Premila jumped out of the closet, Galley fired the gun. She died at a nearby hospital shortly thereafter.

Praveen Lal, Premila's father, told the Times-Call that he spoke briefly with a horror-struck Galley at the hospital. According to him, Nerrek said he never wants to use a gun ever again.

Galley was subsequently arrested on suspicion of providing a firearm to a juvenile (he's said to have given a gun to Pranil, who's fifteen), as well as child abuse and reckless endangerment -- alleged offenses tangential to the shooting, rather than directly related to it. He's due to make his first appearance in Boulder County court this morning.

In the meantime, our sincere condolences to Premila's friends, loved ones and the entire Lal family.
    Now that's a normal post-shooting reaction - no mention of "God's will", no visits lined up to the manufacturer of the firearm involved. It was a helluva way to learn a lesson though. It sux for everyone involved, no-one moreso than Premila & shit - her poor little cousin must have been right there next to her in the cupboard - 12 yrs old with that as the image in your head at bedtime every night.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.

I'm calling bullshit.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Too bad she was only swift when it came to running track.
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/09/us...-daughter.html

I found an article about the case in Louisiana. It's really sad.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

This is exactly what I would do to anyone who threw me a surprise party.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Why were there sounds of arguing coming from the home before the shot was heard? I want to know!

It probably wasn't arguing. I think my kids are arguing all the time when they're not - especially when they're gaming (which is what the boys were doing when the girls snuck in). It could also have been the boys freaking out saying "who's there" etc & arguing with each other about what to do about the "intruder". Loud voices can easily sound like arguing, but they can be a lot of other things too.

ETA - now is the time for any resident "I blame video games!!" posters to pop into this thread - don't be shy now ...
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Just updating. I don' often feel bad for shooters in these cases but I do in this one

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-lo...oting-longmont

BOULDER -- A 21-year-old Longmont man suspected of accidentally fatally shooting a friend who tried to scare him during a prank on Sept. 6 was not charged with the shooting.

Instead, Boulder prosecutors filed one felony count of providing or permitting a juvenile to possess a handgun, misdemeanor reckless endangerment and misdemeanor child abuse against Nerrek Galley. He is due to return to court Nov. 7 for a status hearing

According to police, Premila Lal and her 12-year-old cousin sneaked into a family home on the 2500 block of Cambridge Drive to scare Galley and Lal's 15-year-old brother. Galley and the teen were in the home to secure it after the Lal family moved into another family home in Niwot.

Nerrek Galley ( Courtesy of Longmont Police Depa )

When Galley and Lal's brother heard noises in the home, police reported, Galley armed himself and provided a gun to Lal's brother while they searched. Lal's father, Praveen Lal, told the Times-Call that Galley fired when Premila Lal jumped out of a closet to scare him. Galley, Lal's brother and cousin took her to Longmont United Hospital, where she died about an hour after she arrived.

Police reported that Galley was cooperative with investigators and that the shooting appeared to be accidental. Galley was a licensed gun owner, and Praveen Lal said his family knew that Galley was armed.

Thread Information