Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Share your most embarrassing moments/stories here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I love how he told the dramatic story and then went on with the ceremony.
    He was so graphic! It was surreal - a moment straight from a Tim Burton movie. As we followed him up the steps of the gazebo, the Bride looked at me and whispered, "Did that just happen?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Aliens. Only explanation.
    Right? I mean, everyone knows it's impossible to herd cats; but an alien could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    well now I have questions. 1. what went all killer on the herd of kitties? 2. they say that animals start to resemble their owners and vice versa, so did they both start out that way or did one of them morph over time?

I had questions too, primarily about why he told the story in the first place. It was a bizarre story to tell in the minutes leading up to a wedding ceremony. It was the main topic of conversation at the dinner following the ceremony. They all blamed me and DIL for laughing at the cat.

I dunno, maybe Mikey orchestrated the whole massacre thing. Maybe he was charismatic and they all followed him into death - the Jim Johnson and Jonestown of the feline world. Maybe he's an alien in a cat body and the preacher is under his control. But it was all very strange.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    well now I have questions. 1. what went all killer on the herd of kitties? 2. they say that animals start to resemble their owners and vice versa, so did they both start out that way or did one of them morph over time?
    Coyotes. Ive heard them get a hold of a cat and it was the most terrible thing Ive ever heard.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Coyotes. Ive heard them get a hold of a cat and it was the most terrible thing Ive ever heard.
    That's the first thing I thought of, because he said there was growling and hollering and howling. But FOURTEEN cats??? You know how cats are when they're frightened, they hide, they climb trees. I don't know how any wild animal could round up and kill fourteen cats that weren't in an enclosure. By the time a coyote killed one cat, the other 13 would have fled. Personally, I think the preacher was telling a tall tale, but it was a pretty gross and inappropriate story considering the setting.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Did anyone investigate or confirm the preacher's story about the cat massacre, and how did it impact the atmosphere during the wedding ceremony?

Have there been any discussions or actions taken to address the preacher's graphic and unsettling story, and what are people saying about it in the aftermath of the wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Inconea View Post
    Did anyone investigate or confirm the preacher's story about the cat massacre, and how did it impact the atmosphere during the wedding ceremony?

Have there been any discussions or actions taken to address the preacher's graphic and unsettling story, and what are people saying about it in the aftermath of the wedding?
    Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm sooo disappointed. I was all excited when I saw this thread was bumped. I'm like "FINALLY! Someone besides me bumps this thread with their super embarrassing antics!" And then I was so let down.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm sooo disappointed. I was all excited when I saw this thread was bumped. I'm like "FINALLY! Someone besides me bumps this thread with their super embarrassing antics!" And then I was so let down.
    I think it's funny a bot has a AOL and Yahoo messenger link

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Hey dont spam up my thread

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    We have coyotes roaming my neighborhood at night. I love seeing them they dont bother humans.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    We have coyotes roaming my neighborhood at night. I love seeing them they dont bother humans.
    I bumped into a coyote on the Capitol Mall in DC one dark, lonely night about 15 years ago. I was already on high alert because the mall was eerily empty, it was late, there was no moon, and I wasn't carrying protection. I felt like I had a huge target on my forehead. From a distance I thought it was a hungry stray dog sniffing along near some bushes and I was prepared to rescue him; but as I approached and he saw me, we both froze and stared at one another for what felt like a very long time. Finally, he backed into the bushes and I went along my way, but it was a surreal encounter, it felt like neither of us were where we belonged. When I told my colleagues about it, they told me it couldn't possibly be a coyote, but Google claimed coyotes had been seen in the city for years, victims of habitat encroachment. Quite a strange encounter for WashDC city, but really cool on hindsight, and much safer than the two-legged coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I bumped into a coyote on the Capitol Mall in DC one dark, lonely night about 15 years ago. I was already on high alert because the mall was eerily empty, it was late, there was no moon, and I wasn't carrying protection. I felt like I had a huge target on my forehead. From a distance I thought it was a hungry stray dog sniffing along near some bushes and I was prepared to rescue him; but as I approached and he saw me, we both froze and stared at one another for what felt like a very long time. Finally, he backed into the bushes and I went along my way, but it was a surreal encounter, it felt like neither of us were where we belonged. When I told my colleagues about it, they told me it couldn't possibly be a coyote, but Google claimed coyotes had been seen in the city for years, victims of habitat encroachment. Quite a strange encounter for WashDC city, but really cool on hindsight, and much safer than the two-legged coyotes.
    I have the Ring app, and so many people post videos of coyotes romaing the streets. Mostly at night, but there have been a few during the day. It's trippy!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Wow, I had no idea there were coyotes in D.C.

Neither did I, and this was at least 15 years ago! Probably a few more of them wandering the Mall at night.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Coyote? YES!! AAAAANNNNDDD, it literally scared the shit out of me, too.

So I ride my bike here in Texas, like, a lot. And I don't live in the country, it's suburbs all the way here. As I was riding one afternoon about 5 years ago, I look up and see a coyote running alongside me in the grass about 5 feet away. Little guy, but he was pretty quick to be keeping up. He peeled off to get further into the field and I just looked back like "wtf, dude, you almost made me shit myself."

Oh, and prior to living here in Texas, I hade zero fucking idea that roadrunners were a real thing. None.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Oh, and prior to living here in Texas, I hade zero fucking idea that roadrunners were a real thing. None.
    All of the time I've spent in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico and I've never spotted the elusive roadrunner but not for lack of trying. I think their natural camo makes them hard to spot. Saw what might have been a dead one on the interstate, but I've never seen one in nature. It's on my list and I'll continue to look, but he's gotta be running and beeping or I still won't believe they exist.

Last edited by KimTisha; 03-25-2024 at 02:16 PM.

Thread Information