Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Molly Young (21) was found shot to death in ex-boyfriend's apartment

Why kill her if the 'problem' was out of the way?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

What a fucked up dude he is. Probably controlled her too.

This article won't load now, i'm assuming because the server is overloaded...so i'm copying Monica Zukas' snippet from the article for now.

http://carbondaletimes.com/081513you...veTMc.facebook

Monica Felts Zukas
    Holy Mother of God!
    Geoff Ritter has dropped another bomb in the Molly Young case!

......"based upon angle of victim's wound, supect was either standing over victim when she was shot or standing on the bed. S/S thinks the most likely possibility is that suspect was standing on the bed."
    and i may be mistaken, but i think the officer stating this in his initial report from that night, also testified at the coroner's inquest....only he never mentioned this at all.

Mike Carr should be relieved of his position, immediately. IMO.
    Last edited by portia; 08-15-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Im confused. Are they investigating? or did they completely rule it suicide?

initially it was ruled a suicide. then they called a coroner's inquest, in which the jury heard very slanted testimony relating to molly being suicidal. the jury ruled that it could not determine whether it was suicide or homicide, resting on undetermined. her death certificate was changed to reflect that. Mike Carr stated last week (or this week?) that the case was "closed" in error and it was still open. they would be open to any new evidence that came up if it was relevant, but that at this time all evidence pointed to suicide.

he's a bag of dicks. how convenient of him to ignore this part of the initial report.

It's back up.

http://carbondaletimes.com/081513you...veTMc.facebook
    Questions about Molly Young growing
    Submitted by Carbondale Times on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 10:54

Geoffrey Ritter
    Carbondale Times

CARBONDALE — The county’s top prosecutor says there isn’t enough evidence to prove whether Molly Young’s death last year in a Carbondale Police Department dispatcher’s apartment was suicide or homicide, although he says the Illinois State Police “erroneously” stated that the case had been closed and that his office never authorized such a statement.

At the same time, Jackson County State’s Attorney Michael Carr challenged widespread assertions that the dispatcher, Richie Minton, had been “allowed” by CPD officials to wash his hands at the scene of Young’s death before going to the police department for questioning — a notion that surfaces in documents related to the investigation, although Carr says there is no evidence that points to ill intent.

At a press conference Monday afternoon at the Illinois State Police headquarters in Du Quoin, Carr said his review of the case found that no law enforcement agencies had mishandled the investigation into 21-year-old Young’s death, but he was left without enough evidence to prove a murder had occurred. He also said that “compelling, though not conclusive evidence” that Young may have taken her own life made trying a case difficult.

“After a review of the evidence it was jointly determined that although questions remain, there was insufficient, admissible evidence to establish that Miss Young’s death was the result of homicide,” Carr said. “There is compelling, though not conclusive, evidence that her death was self-inflicted. It was also determined that there was no forensic or physical evidence to preclude the possibility of a self-inflicted death or to conclusively support the possibility of a homicidal death.”

Earlier this summer, the Illinois State Police responded to multiple requests under the Freedom of Information Act by saying that the Young case had been closed and that Carr’s office had declined to pursue charges. On July 31, Carr issued a statement to the Times saying that he would consider any further evidence brought to his attention. At Monday’s press conference, Carr reiterated that notion, saying he never reviewed the ISP statement saying the case was closed and that “it is not accurate.”

The case has drawn an increasingly national profile in the past week, and Carr’s comments Monday came just two days after Young’s father, Larry Young, appeared on “Good Morning America” to allege that police had “botched” the investigation into what he says was a murder. The growing Facebook group Justice for Molly also has become increasingly vocal in recent weeks, and the story has been featured heavily this week on Headline News programs.

Minton, a dispatcher for the Carbondale Police Department at the time of the incident, told first responders that morning that he slept through the gunshot. Minton and his roommate first reported Young’s death several hours after the fact in a 911 call initially identifying the death as the result of an overdose.

Investigators were unable to identify any fingerprints on the .45-caliber pistol belonging to Minton that fired the shot, and they found no signs of gunshot residue on the hands of Minton or Young. ISP records say that Carbondale Police, the first responders to the scene, allowed Minton to change his clothes and wash his hands before going to the police department for questioning. Police that morning also found a pair of scratches on Minton’s back, which he said he must have sustained while administering CPR to Young.

In January, a coroner’s jury heard evidence from ISP, as well as a detailed account of Young’s journals and an undated suicide letter. Investigators also discussed a series of text messages sent from Young’s phone detailing attempts to overdose on pills. The jury ultimately ruled the nature of her death undetermined due to a lack of evidence. Carr said he and his prosecutors found the content of those journals impossible to ignore.

“Even though I cannot conclusively determine the manner and means of Miss Young’s death exclusively by this type of evidence, as a prosecutor, I can and have weighed the likely impact that such evidence would have on my ability to successfully prosecute, or for that matter to even charge, a homicide at this point,” Carr said Monday. “I want to emphasize that I am not finding from this evidence that this death was a suicide or that it was not. I just cannot ignore reasonable possibilities or the presumption of innocence.”

Questioned by the Times about reports that police personnel had allowed Minton special latitudes when they responded to his apartment, Carr said he found no evidence that police had “allowed or intentionally allowed” anything of the sort.

“My understanding of the reports is that that was not allowed by the police officers but that he did (wash his hands),” Carr said.

He also defended his decision not to defer the case to a special prosecutor, saying he was elected to handle cases in Jackson County.

“I feel like I have the ability, maybe better than anybody that you know, to handle cases like this, and why should I walk away from a case … that I want to have resolution about when I have the experience to be able to handle that case,” Carr said.

During this week's press conference, State’s Attorney Michael Carr said there was no evidence that police intentionally allowed Richie Minton to wash his hands when they arrived at his apartment March 24, 2012. He says the following document in Illinois State Police records “is not a report of what happened but notes based upon a phone conversation [an ISP forensic scientist] had with a detective who has told me that he did not mean to convey this interpretation when he was talking to the forensic scientist. [The detective] used the phrase ‘allowed’ in the context that it happened before the ISP got there."

Last edited by portia; 08-15-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: scanned documents

Yeah. He is a big bag of dicks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I read the whole thread but am too lazy to reread) but didn't it say somewhere that he had moved the body to perform CPR? But in the new scanned docs, it said the gun was found partially underneath her left side? If both are true, it sounds like a pretty obvious staged scene. I highly doubt he would have moved her body then put the gun back under her...

Quote Originally Posted by ~*LaDyLaZaRuS*~ View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I read the whole thread but am too lazy to reread) but didn't it say somewhere that he had moved the body to perform CPR? But in the new scanned docs, it said the gun was found partially underneath her left side? If both are true, it sounds like a pretty obvious staged scene. I highly doubt he would have moved her body then put the gun back under her...
    I seem to remember reading he moved her, too. To check if she was still breathing and initiate CPR, but soon realized she was dead. He may have even said something to the effect in the 911 recording.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

he did move the body. that was a point that Mike Carr seemed he needed to reiterate at the press conference when someone asked about there being no residue and richie washing his hands. Carr kept saying something like, "well, we know he touched the body. he admitted to moving it. the only reason we would worry about him washing his hands is if we wanted to know if he touched the body."

and i'm over here all, ... i would want to know if there was residue on his damn hands.

omg no shit! What a fucked up semi investigation. Or can you even call it an investigation yet?

Quote Originally Posted by alaina02 View Post
    omg no shit! What a fucked up semi investigation. Or can you even call it an investigation yet?
    i wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This case is fucked up to the point that I doubt they will ever be able to prosecute. I firmly believe Minton did it...and he will walk free. Her poor family.

I would think the most common suicide gunshot isn't the top of the head... in fact, I'd say that was probably the least common place. So awkward.

That should have been the biggest red flag there.

This girl Chloe (along with her mom) is supporting Richie (people also think this is the "friend" of Molly's named "Martha" that called in to Dr. Drew last night):

I deleted most comments on this because of length.
    https://www.facebook.com/ChloeGraceB...51557934071471
    Chloe Grace Benedict
    9 hours ago ?

Last night I was able to read Molly Young's coroner inquest in it's entirety, these are the conclusions I have come to with excerpts from the inquest;

Molly Young committed suicide using Richie's gun, she also left a suicide note in her bedroom floor, a long with texts saying she was going to do so and unless other evidence comes forward, this is how I will continue to believe.

"Text to Molly from _____"You okay now? Sorry I took so long. I didn't
    check my messages."
    2:29 a.m., Young text to ______:
    "It's okay. And not really but oh well."
    2:35 a.m., ______ text to Young: "I
    can understand why you are depressed, but this
    isn't worth a suicide attempt. It's going to get
    better. I pinky promise."
    At 2:54 a.m. there's an outgoing call
    from Richie to Young.
    At approximately 3:00 a.m. Wanda
    Milligan, who is Ms. Young's grandmother, advised
    she woke up to what she thought was the sound of
    Molly leaving. She didn't actually see Ms. Young
    leave the residence. She just heard a noise and
    assumed it was her leaving. Ms. Milligan did not
    -- said she didn't know where Molly was going
    either. She said that Molly had been sick the
    night before with vomiting and had not been to
    the doctor recently. Milligan advised Young had
    thyroid surgery approximately one year prior and
    had been depressed since then. Milligan advised
    that her husband, Young's grandfather, had
    committed suicide approximately 5 years prior
    after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

At 3:01 a.m. an outgoing call from
    Richie to Benedict.
    At 3:03 a.m. an outgoing call from
    Richie to Molly.
    At 3:28 a.m., a Richie text to Young:
    "H-E-space-P," which I'm assume he's attempting
    to send a message "help."
    At 3:47 a.m., there's a missed call
    from Young to Richie.
    At 3:48 a.m., a missed call from
    Young to Richie.
    At 3:49 a.m., a missed call from
    Young to Richie.
    At 3:54 a.m. there's a Young text to
    ________: "I'm over here now taking care of Richie
    because he called me saying "Help, Molly" over
    and over."
    3:56 a.m., Young text to _____:
    "He's so drunk he can't walk."
    4:40 a.m., Young text to ____ --
    this is actually 1 text message that I was sent
    in 2 I'm guessing just because of the length of
    the message, so I will read the whole thing
    together. It started at 4:40 a.m. and the second
    message is at 4:41 a.m.

Young text to ______: "He was
    texting Chloe saying he needed her and asking her
    to sleep with him. I think I'm going to shoot
    myself in the head. I'm really, really sorry if
    you come home to that."

Q. Did you determine the ownership of
    the gun that was found in the apartment?

A. That was Mr. Minton's gun.

Q. During the processing of that scene
    and investigating the fingerprints, were there
    any unusual patterns or anything discovered upon
    looking at that that shed any light on the gun and who had contacted it?

A. I sent the gun -- I took the gun to
    the state police crime lab in Carbondale, and
    they were unable to find any fingerprints on the
    gun, rounds that were in the magazine, or
    magazine, and that's -- I was also told by the
    forensic analyst -- forensic scientist at the lab
    that that is not unusual due to the surfaces that
    are involved with the guns, that it is -- it is
    uncommon for them to find fingerprints at all
    just because it's a hard surface to get
    fingerprints from.

Q. I would like your professional
    opinion on how reliable the testing is when you
    are looking for gunshot residue.

A. Well, I spoke with the forensic
    scientist at the Chicago state police lab, her
    name is Mary Wong, and she stated that based on
    the gunshot residue that was collected, the
    gunshot residue kits that were collected, that it
    was -- she is not -- she was not able to
    determine and there's no testing available to
    determine -- if there's a specific concentration
    of gunshot residue found in a specific location,
    there's no way to determine a pattern of the
    gunshot residue.
    Like Trooper Glover was speaking
    earlier about the blood spatter, with blood
    spatter you can detect a pattern typically, but
    with gunshot residue, there is no pattern with
    it. And that was from her.
    And also Captain Rice had spoken to
    her previously also, and she stated that based on
    the results she got from the gunshot residue
    testing, she was not able to definitively say who
    fired the gun."

The inquest then goes on tell of several journal entries where it seems that Molly almost fantasizes of having a gun, shooting herself, etc. If anyone would like to read through any of this, feel free to ask and I will gladly share it with you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Breyton Ridgley
    I would please. Also, she messaged me saying she was suicidal as well, as im sure you know.

Rebecca Kearney Benedict
    It is very compelling information. It is a must read for anyone who believes it's a cover-up.

Kyd Shreve
    This is intense. I have no idea what happened exactly but wow!

Rebecca Kearney Benedict
    You should mention that these excerpts are from the testimony of the ISP Special Agent who was assigned as the Case Agent to this investigation.

Michael Pace
    Murder conspiracy and corrupt law enforcement is a lot more interesting to read about.

Sara McCarty
    Thank you for sharing this!

Chloe Grace Benedict
    Feel free to share or quote or whatever to get some truthful truths out. I wish I could share the entire thing but 109 pages is a lot.

Nikole Justice
    Glad there some (few, unfortunately) that will shed light on the alternative side of the story. I claim no side, due to the fact that I was not present or a part of the incident, but I'm sick of all the slander I see everywhere from people that literally have no clue who Molly was or who Richie is.

Willie Boyd
    I honestly think it's bullshit to see all the justice for Molly propaganda everywhere.
    idiots will see that and completely ignore evidence. Then spout that same ignorance.

Willie Boyd
    I mean, I get it. But I still think it's totally unfair to Richie and his defense. I don't see any justice for Richie signs anywhere.

Rebecca Kearney Benedict
    It seems Molly may have been a very unhappy person and it seems some are determined to see that Richie ends up that way, as well. To me, it is unreasonable to attempt to ruin the life of another human being because of one's own guilt of indifference toward the distressed.

Stephanie Anne Hill-Schoolcraft
    Why would she kill her self? I never had time to read up on her.

Chloe Grace Benedict
    Stephanie I can send you the whole inquest if you'd like... she was very depressed. Very, very, very depressed.

Chloe Grace Benedict
    It's quite sad, some of it made me cry last night.. it sad that someone could feel so much pain.

Most people live it everyday. sometimes people can't handle life.

Was there a reason why she was so depressed?

Chloe Grace Benedict
    I'm sure there were many reasons. I cannot say for sure, I was not in her head.

Sara McCarty
    There aren't any Justice for Richie signs because 19k people will show up to your house with pitchforks ready to burn your house down

Chloe Grace Benedict
    I would in a heart beat put 20 signs in my tiny yard at my apartment.

Sara McCarty
    I totally agree. I'm just saying that they are a terrifying group of CSI watchers.

Chloe Grace Benedict
    I know what you're saying... and it's true. I guess we all just need to start being vocal about this and start standing together.

Rebecca Kearney Benedict
    Sharing is good. Knowledge is power! Having the information to help people come to an informed opinion is a necessity, now. This has become a huge monster and it's devouring Richie. Come on people...Molly's sadness did not begin with Richie.
    and i'm really not sure why she would support someone who, just 2 years ago, had this opinion of her:

http://stitchmylips.xanga.com/
    Then came Chloe, if you can count her. We officially dated for 2 days, both of which she spent in Texas. We dated without a title for a long time. She had a problem where she would sleep with me, and every other male around. On one night she slept with both me and one of my best friends Travis Newton. I've been told that before that she slept with the 2 of us that day, at seperate times obviously, she slept with her ex boyfriend matt. So on the day of the first time I had sex with close, I was number 2 in a 3 man fuckfest going on in her vagina. Somehow we stayed together. It was a reoccuring theme. She'd say we should be friends, then sleep with me and laugh at how bad we were at it. I liked Chloe alot, she was attractive, and by that I mean she looked good naked. I fell hard for her and she lead me on and on. She always tried to have some possessive power over me, and if I would let her, still would. We broke up when Chloe's best friend told me to date a different one of her friends, Taylor. Chloe and I now don't talk. My life is much easier now. She never really gave anything back in the friendship outside of sex. I realize that now. She was also a compulsive liar.

I was number 2 in a 3 man fuckfest going on in her vagina.

Monica Zukas' Reality Check radio show was on last night talking about this again. Still waiting for them to upload it, but from what i've gathered, a couple new things had come up.

1. The roommate Wes Romack had a FB chat conversation with Monica where she asked him if it was possible that Richie shot Molly. He responded with something along the lines of, "it's a possibility, but don't quote me on that."

2. Molly's mom stated in a FB post that Carr's biggest mistake was handing over all the reports to Larry. Apparently, within those reports was an email from Flip Minton (Richie's dad) to the ISP "instructing" them to look for certain things. Like telling them to make sure and find her journal because he knew she was very depressed.

unfuckingbelievable.

i'll post the radio show as soon as they get it uploaded. apparently it was a super good episode.

According to family and friends of molly's, she really loved rainbows. this was taken this afternoon at one of the billboard unveiling/signing in Buckner, IL.

Video at link.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Jus...220075851.html
    Justice for Molly Movement Pushes Forward

By Hilary LeHew
    Story Created: Aug 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Aug 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM CDT

FRANKLIN CO. -- A group searching for answers in the death of a Carbondale woman is speaking out in a big way.

Molly Young, 21, was found dead at her boyfriend's apartment last year with a gunshot wound to the head.

On Saturday, a growing organization called Justice for Molly held a protest, even put up billboards, in hopes of sharing her story.

The Jackson County state's attorney says there's not enough evidence to support charges against Young's ex-boyfriend and Carbondale dispatcher, Richie Minton. He also says suicide is a possibility.

But Justice for Molly supporters are pushing forward, hoping to turn something positive out of the tragedy.

Complete strangers are joining family and friends of Molly in the search for answers.

"It's really touched my heart," exclaims her dad Larry Young.

He says the state's attorney's decision not to prosecute the case is not good enough for him and the Justice for Molly following.

"We're going to continue to fight this. I will never give up," insists Larry. "I can guarantee you that I will never give up, and I'm doing this because I have to, not because I want to."

Dozens of supporters made their way to the Benton Square Saturday afternoon to stand behind Larry.

Charlie Lamont has been there since the day Molly's life was taken, "The increase in attention to what's going on, the support it's been getting has been absolutely phenomenal. It's been very, very important to the family," Lamont says. "It helps keep us going."

Lamont explains how the Justice For Molly movement is about more than just finding answers.

"We hope all the truth comes out, so that justice can be obtained in this case for Molly. But secondly, what happened to Molly can happen to other young ladies," says Lamont.

Larry also wants to see changes in how officer-involved domestic violence cases are handled and, hopefully, prevented.

"When they do have problems they can go to them and get psychological help," says Larry as he described the need for counseling in police departments. "They need to have a policy in place of how to handle a fellow officer domestic violence issue."

Meanwhile, the green t-shirts, bumper stickers, and billboard signs like the one along Highway 14 in Buckner will continue to pop up, to make sure the voice of a woman whose life was cut too short is heard.

"A father has to do this for their daughter, there's no other choice. You have to do it. You couldn't live with yourself if you didn't fight it," explains Larry.

Supporters have also started the Molly Young Memorial Foundation. Larry says the money raised through the not-for-profit organization will be used to hire their own investigator. It may also be used to set up a scholarship fund down the road.
    Also, KFVS12 Heartland News will air an I-Team Investigative report on August 22 that will be, "the BOMBSHELL of the century!" to quote Monica Zukas.

Can anyone tell me if it's normal to publicly host a coroner's inquest on the county website? I just find it odd that i've never seen another inquest file publicly hosted online out of Jackson County. Yet Molly's horribly slanted inquest is up for anyone to download.

And I know it's available via FOIA, but usually when I'm wanting something like this I have to put in a request, possibly pay a fee and sign my name before they give it to me.

It might be their way of going "we done fucked up!".

The family might also have requested it? Maybe said they'd post it if it wasn't up there. Whole case is weird.

I know the family didn't want it posted, cause there's all kinds of drama on the justice for Molly FB page.

Im thinking the county posted it so people would read it and change their opinion to suicide.

When i read through it starting somewhere around page 53 i don't agree with the timeline they have for phone calls/text messages. also richie stated he woke up and called 911. That call was placed at 9:02am. the inquest shows calls placed to Richie from a coworker around 8:15-ish? Minutes later there were several calls placed from Richie back to that coworker that were unanswered. So...did he wake up then or closer to 9? Obviously he was up way before the 911 call was placed.......

Posting from my phone sucks, sorry if this doesn't make sense.

I'm not usually one for conspiracies and cover ups but this stinks to high heaven. Expect him to blame a one armed man within the month.

another person pointed out that throughout the inquest, they personified Richie, by referring to him by his first name. But only referred to Molly as Ms. Young or just plainly, Young.

one thing i'd like clarified, and is somewhat debated amongst the JFM supporters is the gun. it had no prints belonging to Richie or Molly. in the inquest, the police testified that because of the material it is made out of, it is usually impossible to leave prints on the smooth metal.

is there anyone here with an opinion on that? because my first thought is, BS...i've seen too many episodes of Matlock.

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Minutes later there were several calls placed from Richie back to that coworker that were unanswered. So...did he wake up then or closer to 9? Obviously he was up way before the 911 call was placed.......
    I need to correct myself here. There are typos throughout the inquest like this:
    8:19 a.m., missed call from to Richie from Pellegrini.
    and i got confused, i should not try to post info from my phone on my 2am lunch break. so apparently, he never did answer his phone. but it is interesting that he was supposed to be at work at 7am, Amber Pellegrini tried to reach him repeatedly by calling and texting that he was late.
    8:33 a.m., text to Richie from Pellegrini: "Dude, where are you? You are really, really late. Answer your phone."

Thread Information