Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Molly Young (21) was found shot to death in ex-boyfriend's apartment

Molly Young (21) was found shot to death in ex-boyfriend's apartment

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...s_undetermined

911 Call

This website has pretty much all news article so far and other stuff:
    http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.co...ke-deeper.html

Monica Zukas has done 2 (i think) broadcasts so far on this. After the last one she started receiving death threats apparently.
    https://soundcloud.com/monilzuke/out...er-molly-young

Justice for Molly FB page (official support page):
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/180686205383827/

Angels for Molly FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angel...07262446012678

Minton's FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/mcmadball?fref=ts

**totally forgot about this being premium right now. i'll put the news article back in here when it's not.
    Last edited by portia; 07-31-2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: deleted article quote

He said he woke up and found the body. He called 911 at 9:02 am. He was scheduled to work at 7am. If he called into work before his shift at 7am, that means he found the body before 7am, but didnt call until 9:02.
    The time of death was determined to be between 4:30 - 5:40 am. Something smells....

This case has truly tugged at my heart.

And you are right, shomrig, something smells BAD!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

i don't believe he called in to work. i may be mistaken. he was supposedly super drunk at 3am and texted her that he needed her help. i will try to find the article that noted the time of death.

In the 911 call. First he says she overdosed and bled out her nose....at the end...he says....My girlfriend committed suicide........which is is? And why didnt he want an ambulance...only a CAR?

there is speculation that with him being a CPD telecommunicator he knew that media would not respond for a suicide/OD.

Quote Originally Posted by shomrig View Post
    In the 911 call. First he says she overdosed and bled out her nose....at the end...he says....My girlfriend committed suicide........which is is? And why didnt he want an ambulance...only a CAR?
    this is what I was wondering as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

still looking for the article with time of death noted, but came across this one.

http://www.carbondaletimes.com/062713young

ISP: Police let dispatcher wash hands at death scene
    Submitted by Carbondale Times on Thu, 06/27/2013 - 16:46

Geoffrey Ritter
    Carbondale Times

CARBONDALE — Newly obtained reports say Carbondale Police “allowed” one of their own employees to change his clothes and wash his hands after his ex-girlfriend was found in his apartment with a fatal bullet wound to her head — a notion that was disputed when first reported last year.

In Illinois State Police records obtained by the Times, investigators detail their probe into the death of 21-year-old Molly Young, who was found the morning of March 24, 2012, in the bedroom of Richie Minton, then and now a dispatcher at the Carbondale Police Department.

In a document from September 2012 recording a conversation with an ISP agent working the case, the agency’s Division of Forensic Services lists clothing items from Young and Minton to be submitted for analysis, including a pair of Minton’s pajama pants found in his bathroom.

“Carbondale PD allowed suspect to change and wash his hands prior to being taken to police station for questioning,” the document says, explaining where the article of clothing was found.

The Times first reported on the hands-washing issue in April 2012, citing an interview with an ISP investigator. Two days later, the Southern Illinoisan published a story in which the same investigator contradicted that account, saying the notion that Carbondale Police had provided Minton with an opportunity to wash his hands was “absolutely not the case.”

Carbondale Police were the first law enforcement personnel on the scene shortly after 9 a.m. that morning following the 911 call placed by Minton and his roommate reporting Young's death as a suicide — first as an overdose, then as a gunshot wound in a second call placed minutes later to the Carbondale Police Department. Officers found an “obviously deceased” Young in the bedroom and Minton, wearing only pajama pants, seated in the living room.

“I told Minton that we would need to get everyone out of the apartment and we would go to CPD,” a Carbondale sergeant says in separate reports obtained from the Carbondale Police Department. “Minton asked if he could get dressed. Minton located a pair of shorts on the kitchen floor and went into the bathroom to change his clothes.”

State Police officials began investigating the death as a homicide later that morning after “the dispatcher suspiciously lawyered up,” according to an incident synopsis written that morning by an ISP sergeant.

While at the station, Minton asked a Carbondale sergeant if he could use the restroom, and the sergeant referred the question to ISP investigators, who arrived at the police department mid-morning. “During the time I spent with Minton to that point, he did not use the restroom or wash his hands,” wrote the Carbondale sergeant, who arrived at the police station about 10 a.m.

At 1:10 p.m. that afternoon, Minton’s attorney, Terry Green, advised ISP personnel that Minton was willing to submit to a test for gunshot residue on his hands. A crime scene investigator “then asked the suspect if he had washed his hands since the incident occurred and he stated that he had.”

No gunshot residue was found on the hands of either Minton or Young. According to an ISP forensic scientist cited in one of the reports, “If the victim shot the gun, there should have been residue on her hands.”

At a January inquest into Young’s death, State Police officials presented many of the details included in their reports, as well as excerpts from Young’s journals and text messages indicating she was highly suicidal and, in fact, suggesting she planned to shoot herself in the head. The coroner’s jury ultimately ruled the nature of her death undetermined due to a lack of evidence.

Minton, who witnesses told police drank heavily that evening, contacted Young early that morning seeking her help. She came to his apartment sometime after 3 a.m., where she helped him change his clothes and get into bed, according to police reports. Reports further say Minton told investigators he woke in the morning to find Young’s body next to his bed, his .45-caliber pistol nearby, but had not heard the shot that killed her. Investigators were unable to verify any fingerprints on the weapon.

Oh man, it seriously sound like he got away with murder.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

IMO, that 911 call is a hot mess of the buddy system once Minton recognized a voice (co-worker)....
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    IMO, that 911 call is a hot mess of the buddy system once Minton recognized a voice (co-worker)....
    exactly. i didn't know he was a dispatcher at first, and thought the audio was edited to make it shorter and cut out if Amber introduced herself as "Amber" because he knew her name. She then seemed like "yeah, sure, they are on their way" in a bored voice.

So he was a dispatcher and was supposed to be at work at 7 am in the morning, and decided to drink heavily the night/early morning before??? That's a little scary to me...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So he was a dispatcher and was supposed to be at work at 7 am in the morning, and decided to drink heavily the night/early morning before??? That's a little scary to me...
    Um, welcome to Earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I've done worse. (i'm able to laugh at myself for how stupid i was)

I have this snippet saved in notepad. I seriously can not find an article officially stating the time of death, though. i think i have a case of the dumbs today.

"The Coroner estimated the time of death at between 4:20 A.M. and 5:30 A.M. on March 24,2012. According to the States Attorney Richie Minton's roommate Wesley Romack called 911 at approximately 8:58 A.M. We are appealing to anyone who might have seen suspicious activity in this parking lot between 3:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. to call State Police at 618-542-2171 and talk to Aaron Cooper. If anyone knows someone that lives in these apartments behind Carbondale Clinic at 500 Westridge Drive please tell them about the time frame because to our knowledge it has never been released to the media. — at Apartment 2A Westhill Circle 500 Westridge drive."
    And someone put him on The Dirty:
    http://thedirty.com/2012/04/make-richie-minton-famous/

I guess one of my questions would be - how do you not hear a gun shot, in your bedroom, right next to your bed? i don't drink, so maybe i'm missing the whole aspect of being shitfaced...
    Last edited by portia; 07-31-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: questions....

You guys are brave. I'm a HUGE baby when I'm hungover. No workie!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Heres an article stating the time of death

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/na...9bb2963f4.html

Nature of Young?s death ?undetermined?

Young Molly
    February 01, 2013 7:00 am ? BY D.W. NORRIS, THE SOUTHERN(13) Comments
    MURPHYSBORO ? The shooting death of Molly Marie Young will go down as undetermined in nature.

A Jackson County Coroner?s jury said it did not have enough evidence after a three-hour inquest Thursday to rule the 21-year-old?s death as an accident, a homicide or a suicide.

Young died from a single gunshot wound March 24 in Carbondale apartment bedroom of her sometime boyfriend, Carbondale police dispatcher Richie Minton.

The inquest at Jackson County Courthouse was the first time results of the Illinois State Police investigation and forensic pathology results were made public.

Illinois State Police Special Agent Aaron Cooper read transcripts of text messages from Young?s cellphone that showed the 21-year-old Marion native was suicidal in the hours before her death between 4:45 and 5:45 a.m.

A text message from Young?s cellphone at 4:41 a.m. stated she would ?shoot myself in the head.? More than a dozen entries filled with suicidal threats were found in Young?s personal journals, Cooper said.

Police also found an undated suicide note to her family that was never delivered, the investigator said.

Other evidence may have led jurors to question suicide.

No fingerprints were found on the gun, a .45-caliber pistol owned by Minton, according to investigators. Gunshot residue evidence was inconclusive. The right-handed Young was shot above the ear on the left side of her head.

Cooper said Young?s wound was consistent with suicide, but a drop of blood was found on a comforter on Minton?s bed, away from her body.

Police found blood spatter on Minton?s bedroom closet door and carpet. Young?s body was found on the floor several feet away.

State Trooper Daniel Glover, a crime scene investigator, said there were no signs of a struggle, but he ?could tell that the body had been moved.? Minton reportedly told police he moved the body to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and only then saw the gunshot wound.

Minton, who did not attend the hearing, was out drinking in the hours before Young?s death. Cooper said the gunshot would have been loud, but if Minton was ?passed out? he ?could have slept through it.?

Minton also changed out of a pair of pajama bottoms with blood spatter, Carbondale police told troopers. He was exiting his bathroom when city police arrived about 9 a.m. to answer a 911 call.

Carbondale police Chief Jody O?Guinn said ISP was asked to investigate to erase any public doubt about any potential conflict of interest.

Cooper said he ?was never allowed to speak? to Minton, who had a lawyer by the time Cooper arrived at Carbondale?s police station to interview Minton.

Charles Lamont, Young?s uncle and a family?s spokesman, said the family would push for further investigation.

?We?re not done by any means,? said Lamont, a retired Mount Vernon police captain.

Coroner?s inquest findings have no bearing on criminal or civil trials. No criminal charges have been filed.

Jackson County State?s Attorney Mike Carr said he could not comment about whether he would send the matter to a grand jury.

dw.norris@thesouthern.com/618-351-5074

On Twitter: @DW_Norris_SI

http://www.carbondaletimes.com/071013young

Scratches raised questions in Young death
    Submitted by Carbondale Times on Thu, 07/11/2013 - 17:57

Geoffrey Ritter
    Carbondale Times

CARBONDALE ? A strange injury observed on Molly Young?s ex-boyfriend the morning of her death caught the attention of police, and his explanation for the fresh scratches drew disbelief from at least one investigator.

Police responded the morning of March 24, 2012, to the Carbondale apartment of Richie Minton following a pair of calls ? one to 911 reporting an apparent overdose, the second just minutes later to the Carbondale Police Department reporting a gunshot wound ? to find Young, 21, dead on Minton?s bedroom floor from a bullet wound to the head.

Minton, then and now a dispatcher for the Carbondale Police Department, told investigators that morning that he woke to find his ex-girlfriend?s body next to his bed and immediately had his roommate call 911, according to police reports. He reportedly discovered the true nature of Young?s death just moments later.

?Mr. Minton stated that he had attempted to do CPR on Ms. Young,? an Illinois State Police special agent said at January inquest proceedings. ?During the course of that, he discovered the gunshot wound. Before he discovered the gunshot wound, he had his roommate call 911, and then during the course of attempting to I guess treat or resuscitate Ms. Young, Mr. Minton then discovered the gunshot wound.?

Carbondale Police took Minton and his roommate to the police station for questioning, and State Police investigators arrived later in the morning.

Early that afternoon, Minton?s attorney advised ISP personnel that Minton was ready to submit to a test for gunshot residue on his hands. After the test was administered, Minton agreed to allow investigators to collect his clothing, and two Carbondale sergeants and an ISP investigator accompanied Minton to the locker room, according to police reports.

There, they observed ?two scratches that were about 6 inches long on Minton?s right side,? according to a report written by one of the sergeants. ?The scratches appeared to be new, and ran horizontal a few inches below his right armpit. [One investigator] asked Minton what happened. Minton walked to a mirror and looked at the scratches. Minton began speaking in a low voice ? He seemed to have not been aware that the scratches existed until they were pointed out.?

According to a separate ISP report, Minton told the men he must have gotten the scratches while giving Young CPR ? a response that provoked incredulity from an ISP master sergeant in a September 2012 communication with a fellow investigator.

?I did see in an interview that [Minton?s] response was that it must have happened when he was giving her CPR. (I can?t believe that one.)? the master sergeant wrote. ?Per the Lab report, can we also get the lab a copy of the boyfriend?s DNA to compare it to the DNA found under her fingernails??

The subsequent analysis found a mixture of three male DNA profiles under Young?s right-hand fingernail clippings and a mixture of two profiles under those of her left hand. In both instances, ?the predominant Y-STR haplotype ? matches the Y-STR haplotype of Richard Minton.? State Police reports do not discuss any further physical evidence related to the scratches.

Many details of Young?s death have remained uncertain in the more than 15 months that have passed since it occurred, and State?s Attorney Michael Carr said late last month that he could not comment on any aspects of the case now. The Times previously has reached out to Minton, who said he was unable to comment.

In January, State Police officials presented many of the details included in reports recently obtained by the Times, as well as excerpts from Young?s journals indicating she was suicidal in the year preceding her death. Also, a text message sent from her phone to Minton?s roommate shortly before 5 a.m. the morning of her death indicated she planned to shoot herself in the head.

The coroner?s jury ultimately ruled the nature of her death undetermined due to a lack of evidence. Lab analysis failed to find gunshot residue on the hands of either Minton or Young. A document in the State Police case file says Carbondale Police allowed Minton to wash his hands and change his clothes prior to taking him to the police station for questioning.

Minton, who witnesses told police drank heavily that evening, contacted Young early that morning seeking her help. She came to his apartment sometime after 3 a.m., where she helped him change his clothes and get into bed, according to police reports. Minton told investigators he did not heard the shot that killed her, and investigators were unable to verify any fingerprints on the weapon.

They mentioned that a text sent from her phone to the boyfriend's roommate shortly before 5 am indicated she wanted to shoot herself in the head. The boyfriend obviously could've sent that. it's just weird to me that she would send that text to her boyfriend's roommate, unless they were really close friends. I would think her last text or communication, if she were suicidal, would be to her family. Just my opinion though. And also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most women who kill themselves, don't usually choose to shoot themselves in the head. Usually it's something that's not so graphic and gory. I'm not saying no woman has ever shot themselves in the head, but it seems like men seem to use that method a lot more than women. And the fact that she is right-handed, and she was shot on the left side of her head, says a lot to me that she didn't kill herself. I'm betting it was the boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

They mentioned that a text sent from her phone to the boyfriend's roommate shortly before 5 am indicated she wanted to shoot herself in the head. The boyfriend obviously could've sent that. it's just weird to me that she would send that text to her boyfriend's roommate, unless they were really close friends. I would think her last text or communication, if she were suicidal, would be to her family. Just my opinion though. And also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most women who kill themselves, don't usually choose to shoot themselves in the head. Usually it's something that's not so graphic and gory. I'm not saying no woman has ever shot themselves in the head, but it seems like men seem to use that method a lot more than women. And the fact that she is right-handed, and she was shot on the left side of her head, says a lot to me that she didn't kill herself. I'm betting it was the boyfriend.
    You're correct. Women prefer pills/gas.

This is like, ten thousand red flags to me as well.

i've been questioning the text for awhile. if it were me, i don't think i would send a text message about shooting myself in the head to my ex-boyfriend's room mate (who isn't even home from work yet) while i was standing over my drunk ex who is sleeping it off in his bed. if i were really that upset, i'd probably shove a foot up my ex's ass to wake him up and just vocalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    i've been questioning the text for awhile. if it were me, i don't think i would send a text message about shooting myself in the head to my ex-boyfriend's room mate (who isn't even home from work yet) while i was standing over my drunk ex who is sleeping it off in his bed. if i were really that upset, i'd probably shove a foot up my ex's ass to wake him up and just vocalize it.

Yeah, EVERYTHING about this is all kinds of messed up. I really hope they dig into this more.

i agree that text is strange. Unless they are the best of friends, why pick the roommate?

It's not like it was a cry for help, and shs wanted the roommate to know. Shooting yourself is not a cry for help. If you shoot yourself, you mean buisness!

Here's some video following the coroners inquest.

Thread Information