Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Molly Young (21) was found shot to death in ex-boyfriend's apartment

from the Justice for Molly FB page, picking up a little steam...

Shana Colleen
    My dad was interviewed for Good Morning America today and it will air tomorrow morning at 7 am on ABC! Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support! So wonderful to see that there are so many people who care about justice for my beautiful sister.

i have driven from west frankfort to the carbondale/murphysboro area a few times, and it can easily take 40 minutes. so if the CPD responded and arrived in "minutes" after the 911 call was made how does Mom, Dad and Lawyer get there before CPD arrives unless they were called prior to Wes' 911 call?

Larry Young
    The State Police told us that Richie Minton was scheduled to work as a Carbondale police dispatcher at 7:00 A.M. on March 24,2012 and that he didn't show up or call in late for work. One of our many unanswered questions is: Did the Carbondale Police department try to contact him or send out an officer to his apartment to check on him? The State Police also told us that they arrived minutes after the 911 call went in at 8:58 A.M. and Richie Minton's father, mother, and a lawyer were already there from West Frankfort which is 30 miles away. Another one of our many unanswered questions is: Did Richie call his father, mother, or lawyer before Wesley Romack (his roommate) called 911? None of the family was even notified that Molly had been shot for close to 3 hours after the father, mother, and lawyer had already driven from West Frankfort to the Carbondale Police Station.
    Like ? ? Follow Post ? April 29, 2012 at 11:43pm
    i know i'm posting a lot here and hope i'm not irritating anyone with info they might feel isn't really important, but i know Richie and this case bothers the hell out of me.

Looks like he's leaving town

From his Facebook:

Richie Minton
    Yesterday near Carbondale, IL via mobile
    For those who I haven't told I gave notice to my work. I'm done in 2 weeks to move out of small town Illinois and into a real city. Hello childhood dream.
    Last edited by M Joy; 08-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Looks like he's leaving town

From his Facebook:

Richie Minton
    Yesterday near Carbondale, IL via mobile
    For those who I haven't told I gave notice to my work. I'm done in 2 weeks to move out of small town Illinois and into a real city. Hello childhood dream.
    Wow it's really not fair that he is free to do whatever he pleases. Molly will never have that luxury. I hope karma takes this dude out.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i find it interesting that his "childhood dream" just happened to manifest on the heels of Carr announcing there would be no charges filed.

Found this on a site for victims of domestic violence in law enforcement families -

There are statements from her Dad there too but they might be copied from a support page

http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.co...ke-deeper.html

Her Dad has posted in the comments section as well if you scroll to the bottom. There's a few disturbing posts from people who say they know him & his DUI mugshot & arrest details from 2012.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-08-2013 at 04:35 AM.

I wish someone would have gotten a screen shot of his "drops of lead" one before he cleaned up his FB wall.

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Disclosure News article from today, i can't paste it here. Kind of interesting read w/pictures of Richie's "support group" - Just Us For Richie. Which apparently is his mom, dad and sister.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/...wing-steadily/
    I was just about to post this. Disclosure is Southern Illinois' "underground" newspaper. They are dedicated to exposing corruption and cover-ups, of which there are many here, unfortunately. Jack and Ang are a thorn in the side of many local LE and government agencies. :) I've seen some posts about this case on their FB page, but hadn't really looked into it yet.

Here is a list of articles on the Disclosure website related to Molly Young. You may not be able to see them all, as some are only for subscribers. I was going to find one to post but there are lots of them.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/...+young&x=0&y=0

i have driven from west frankfort to the carbondale/murphysboro area a few times, and it can easily take 40 minutes. so if the CPD responded and arrived in "minutes" after the 911 call was made how does Mom, Dad and Lawyer get there before CPD arrives unless they were called prior to Wes' 911 call?

Cool- are you from So. IL? I live on the Southeastern side. Not as familiar with the Carbondale area, as I went to the other SIU in Edwardsville.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Cool- are you from So. IL? I live on the Southeastern side. Not as familiar with the Carbondale area, as I went to the other SIU in Edwardsville.
    I am. I am a little further north, closer to St. Louis. My husband grew up around carbondale/murphysboro/marion, so that's where we spend a majority of our time.

Also, Richie's facebook is gone now.
    Last edited by portia; 08-08-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: der.

The Good Morning America interview did not air this morning like they said. Larry just updated:

Larry Young
    I have just been informed that the segment with Good Morning America will air tomorrow, Friday August 9, between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM. This is tentative and could change if any late breaking news might happen. Please feel free to share this post.

i find it interesting that his "childhood dream" just happened to manifest on the heels of Carr announcing there would be no charges filed.
    I thought the same thing. This story really bothers me too.

I was just about to post this. Disclosure is Southern Illinois' "underground" newspaper. They are dedicated to exposing corruption and cover-ups, of which there are many here, unfortunately. Jack and Ang are a thorn in the side of many local LE and government agencies. :) I've seen some posts about this case on their FB page, but hadn't really looked into it yet.

Here is a list of articles on the Disclosure website related to Molly Young. You may not be able to see them all, as some are only for subscribers. I was going to find one to post but there are lots of them.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/...+young&x=0&y=0
    This podcast of theirs following the inquest is pretty informative. They give up a lot of stuff that was said/happened during the inquest that the rest of the news never talked about.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/...or-audio-only/

This podcast of theirs following the inquest is pretty informative. They give up a lot of stuff that was said/happened during the inquest that the rest of the news never talked about.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/...or-audio-only/
    That's kind of their thing. They report the news that mainstream media won't publish.

That's kind of their thing. They report the news that mainstream media won't publish.
    right. i was surprised about the receipt for the abortion pill they found, and how they apparently tried to make a deal out of it at the inquest.

still no Good Morning America segment. Apparently GMA is doing a little research and trying to touch base with other people in this case.

They have a couple petitions going now.

To Governor Pat Quinn
    http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/dem...-investigation

Whitehouse.gov Petition
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...le-il/7BWZ03FF

and the new JusticeForMolly.org site is up now
    http://justiceformolly.org/

Hmmm.....I wonder if they are getting heat from LE. Since when has a media outlet ever waited for more details. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

i missed the GMA segment yesterday, and haven't looked for a video of it yet. but here's the news story.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-beli...ning%2Bamerica
    Father Believes Police Botched Investigation Into Daughter's Death, Wants Case Reopened
    Dad Says He Has Documents Showing Evidence was Ignored by Investigators

By GIO BENITEZ and SABINA GHEBREMEDHIN
    Today, 10:50 AM EDT

An Illinois father is on a mission to prove his daughter's death was not a suicide as a coroner initially ruled. He contends the original police investigation was botched.

"Everything seems to have been investigated to see if she committed suicide, and she didn't, it's obvious," Larry Young told ABC News.

Molly Young, 22, was found with a gunshot wound to the head in her ex-boyfriend Richie Minton's apartment on March 24, 2012. A friend of Minton's called 911 and handed the phone to Minton, who was an emergency dispatcher in Carbondale, Ill., at the time. Minton reported that

he woke up and Young was covered in blood in his apartment.

"It's my ex-girlfriend ... My girlfriend just committed suicide," Minton told dispatchers. "Can you send an ambu? can you send a car over?"

Minton told dispatchers he thought Young had overdosed because he said there was blood near her nose.

When police arrived at Minton's apartment they found Young dead with a gunshot wound to the head. Minton and his roommate were questioned by authorities at the scene and released. When Minton arrived at the police station he actually invoked his rights and asked for an attorney.

The coroner later ruled the death a suicide. In January, a coroner's jury reviewed Young's cause of death and changing it to "undetermined."

Larry Young wants the entire case re-opened and says that there is a bevy of evidence that his daughter did not kill herself.

"In my opinion the evidence is there," he told ABC News. "I would hope that they go after that evidence."

Young says he now has police documents recently obtained through a freedom of information request, which he says suggest investigators either missed or ignored key evidence.

When asked by ABC News, police would not comment on those documents obtained by Young or discuss the investigation. Minton also declined to comment.

The state attorney Michael C. Carr tells ABC News the case is not closed, but that so far it "has not resulted in sufficent evidence to support a criminal prosecution."

The decision has left Young seeking answers.

"It disgusts me that a young woman could lose her life like that and no one seems to care," he said.

i missed the GMA segment yesterday, and haven't looked for a video of it yet. but here's the news story.

Father Believes Police Botched Investigation Into Daughter's Death, Wants Case Reopened

An Illinois father is on a mission to prove his daughter's death was not a suicide as a coroner initially ruled. He contends the original police investigation was botched.

"Everything seems to have been investigated to see if she committed suicide, and she didn't, it's obvious," Larry Young told ABC News.

Molly Young, 22, was found with a gunshot wound to the head in her ex-boyfriend Richie Minton's apartment on March 24, 2012. A friend of Minton's called 911 and handed the phone to Minton, who was an emergency dispatcher in Carbondale, Ill., at the time. Minton reported that

"It's my ex-girlfriend ... My girlfriend just committed suicide," Minton told dispatchers. "Can you send an ambu… can you send a car over?"

Minton told dispatchers he thought Young had overdosed because he said there was blood near her nose.

When police arrived at Minton's apartment they found Young dead with a gunshot wound to the head. Minton and his roommate were questioned by authorities at the scene and released. When Minton arrived at the police station he actually invoked his rights and asked for an attorney.

The coroner later ruled the death a suicide. In January, a coroner's jury reviewed Young's cause of death and changing it to "undetermined."

Larry Young wants the entire case re-opened and says that there is a bevy of evidence that his daughter did not kill herself.

"In my opinion the evidence is there," he told ABC News. "I would hope that they go after that evidence."

Young says he now has police documents recently obtained through a freedom of information request, which he says suggest investigators either missed or ignored key evidence.

When asked by ABC News, police would not comment on those documents obtained by Young or discuss the investigation. Minton also declined to comment.

The state attorney Michael C. Carr tells ABC News the case is not closed, but that so far it "has not resulted in sufficent evidence to support a criminal prosecution."

"It disgusts me that a young woman could lose her life like that and no one seems to care," he said.

"It's my ex-girlfriend ... My girlfriend just committed suicide," Minton told dispatchers. "Can you send an ambu… can you send a car over?"

holy shit! i've never seen a quintuple post before!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    holy shit! i've never seen a quintuple post before!
    happens when the site is jacking off
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Wow...sorry! I hit reply and it was taking forever so i just let it sit and left for the afternoon. Oops!

Thread Information