Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2448

Thread: THAT'S RACIST! Part 2: discussing racial tension in the US/abroad

Yeah, Kareem really nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I agree with him. They should've been pissed long ago. Like when that one dude sued him for discrimination.
    oh do you mean when he was found guilty in the largest discrimination lawsuit by tenants? ever?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2542741

LOS ANGELES -- The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday sued Los Angeles Clippers owner and real estate mogul Donald Sterling for housing discrimination, claiming he refused to rent apartments to blacks and families with children.

Federal prosecutors contend that Sterling, his wife, Rochelle, and their family trust refused to rent to many prospective tenants, treated them poorly and misrepresented the availability of apartments to them in the city's Koreatown section.

The defendants also are accused of refusing to rent to black prospective tenants in Beverly Hills as well as families with children looking to rent apartments that the defendants owned or managed in Los Angeles County.

"Here in Los Angeles, where housing is already at a premium, it is imperative that no one be denied housing simply because of their skin color, ethnic background or because they have children," said U.S. Attorney Debra Wong Yang.

A message left with attorney Michael Kennick, who has represented Sterling in previous lawsuits, was not immediately returned Monday.

Claiming violations of the federal Fair Housing Act, the lawsuit seeks an end to "discriminating on account of race, national origin and familial status," plus unspecified monetary damages and penalties. The lawsuit also names as defendants the Sterling Family Trust and the Korean Land Company, which owns multifamily rental properties throughout the county.

In November, a federal judge ordered Sterling to pay nearly $5 million in fees to plaintiffs' attorneys in a lawsuit accusing him of discriminating against black and Hispanic tenants.

The case -- filed by attorneys including the nonprofit Housing Rights Center for 19 plaintiffs -- resolved with a financial settlement that the judge described as "one of the largest ever obtained in this type of case," though the terms were not disclosed.

The 2003 lawsuit alleged that Sterling tried to drive out tenants, particularly blacks and Hispanics, at apartments he owned in Koreatown.
    "That guy" being the department of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Despite claiming she had nothing to do with the leaking of the tapes, she posted messages on Instagram three weeks before scandal erupted, bragging about 'Skeletons in Closet' and 'It's all coming out!'
    This chica is 100% cray. She made the following statement Tues. night while out & about with her 'entourage'-
    "One day, I will become President of the United States of America, and I will change the legislation and laws."

"Modern day history. Civil rights movement."

She's gonna make history, y'all!

note the visor(s)- she has a collection in different colors to match her outfits.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-01-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Eh, she's just a trashy gold digger. She tried to blackmail the guy and he was like bitch the Justice Department already sued me for being a racist, do you think I give a fuck?

Is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    [video=youtube_share;Kppx4bzfAaE]http://youtu.be/Kppx4bzfAaE[/video

Is this for real?
    OMG - he had me until "Jesus christ is mah nigga" Holy crap ballz that's...wow.

Also - turn the other cheek.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oh do you mean when he was found guilty in the largest discrimination lawsuit by tenants? ever?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2542741

"That guy" being the department of Justice.
    No Elgin Baylor. I know the difference between a person and the government.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz30Vh5Dzz0

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    No Elgin Baylor. I know the difference between a person and the government.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz30Vh5Dzz0
    I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, I was pointing out that it's one thing when one dude says you're a racist prick than when the federal government sues you for being a racist prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    OMG - he had me until "Jesus christ is mah nigga" Holy crap ballz that's...wow.

Also - turn the other cheek.
    Yeah, that part got me as well. Wow!!! "He's an honest, peace lovin' nigga like me."
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Here's a good reaction to the Rappin' For Jesus video. This had me cracking up even more than the actual video, because this guy's reactions are awesome:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCUqnbuym8
    Last edited by Nomad; 05-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Here's a good reaction to the Rappin' For Jesus video. This had me cracking up even more than the actual video, because this guy's reactions are awesome:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCUqnbuym8
    yeah, i'm not sure why you put that video in the racist thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    yeah, i'm not sure why you put that video in the racist thread.
    I didn't. Just responding to it being posted here. I don't think it's racist at all.

oh. mjoy did. derp. yeah, that guy was funny. he couldn't believe what he was seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

i posted it in here because it seemed like the most appropriate thread. I heard a radio show talking about it and its actually over a year old but I had never seen it before. Turns out its probably fake anyway.
    It seemed racist to me if it was legit, and stupid, amongst other things.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-0...emarks/5428758

Television presenter Jeremy Clarkson says he has received a final warning from Britain's publicly funded broadcaster, the BBC, over using racist language while filming Top Gear, one of the world's most popular television shows.

Clarkson, 54, was called before BBC bosses this week after The Mirror newspaper reported he was heard using the word "nigger" as he recited an old version of the rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe to choose between cars in filming two years ago.

The newspaper did not say how it got hold of the footage, which was not aired, but the revelation led to calls for Clarkson to resign or be sacked from the BBC, which is funded by a licence fee paid by all UK households who own a television.

The presenter, known for his humorous but blunt style, apologised in a video on Thursday, saying he tried to avoid the racist expression by mumbling over that part of the rhyme in two takes and replacing it with "teacher" in a third.

But in a regular column in The Sun newspaper on Saturday, Clarkson admitted he was on his final warning from the BBC after the latest controversy to hit the outspoken but highly profitable presenter.

"I've been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive, remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked," wrote Clarkson, insisting he had not used the "extremely distasteful" word.

"It's funny. I've always thought I'd be sacked for something I said.

"Not for something that actually, I didn't say

People might be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't already made it impossible to do so -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-0...emarks/5428758

The furore comes just days after Top Gear producers apologised for a "light-hearted" joke by Clarkson during filming in Myanmar and Thailand, in which he referred to a "slope" on a bridge as an Asian man crossed a makeshift structure built by the presenters.

The show prompted complaints of racism and producer Andy Wilman apologised, saying they were unaware it was a racially offensive term for Asians and regretted any offense caused.

The BBC has regularly downplayed controversies over Clarkson's comments through the 26-year history of Top Gear, one of its best-selling shows which has aired in 214 countries, helping make Clarkson, a journalist by background, into a global celebrity.

Top Gear was named by Guinness World Records as the world's most widely watched factual TV program last year and its popularity has led to spin-offs including video games and a magazine.

But Clarkson's strong views have pitched him against politicians, national governments, environmental groups, car companies and communities across Britain over the years.

Facebook has an "I Hate Jeremy Clarkson" page.

A BBC statement said the corporation had spoken to Clarkson and made "absolutely clear" the standards expected.

"We have left him in no doubt about how seriously we view this," the statement read.

A BBC spokesman said the corporation had nothing to add beyond this statement.

The BBC declined to say how much Clarkson makes or how much Top Gear earns

https://m.facebook.com/pages/I-Hate-...578335603?_rdr

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...on-gaffes.html

Top Ten Clarkson Gaffes as of 2012

1. January 2012- Indians

Viewers complained to the BBC after the outspoken presenter made a series of controversial remarks about the country's clothing, trains, food and history.

At one point, Clarkson appeared to make light of the lack of sanitation for poor residents by driving around slums in a Jaguar fitted with a toilet.

2. February 2011 – Mexicans

The BBC was forced to apologise to the Mexican ambassador over comments Clarkson and fellow Top Gear presenters Richard Hammond and James May made about his fellow countrymen. Hammond joked that Mexican cars reflected national characteristics, saying they were “a lazy, feckless, flatulent oaf with a moustache, leaning against a fence asleep”. Clarkson waded in suggesting they would not receive any comeback over the remarks because “at the Mexican embassy, the ambassador is going to be sitting there with a remote control like this [snores]. They won’t complain, it’s fine.” The Mexican government promptly complained and demanded an apology.

Ofcom received 157 complaints about the comments on the BBC2 show, which viewers complained were derogatory, cruel, xenophobic, discriminatory and racist.

3. August 2010 - Special needs

Just a week after the BBC had extinguished the flames from another Clarkson gaffe, the presenter provoked the ire of disability charities with a remark about people with “special needs”. Comparing two Ferraris, the 51-year-old described the older one as a “simpleton” that should be called the “430 Speciale needs” instead of the 430 Speciale. The remark prompted a backlash from the National Autistic Society.

4. July 2010 – Burkas and lingerie

Clarkson came under fire following a discussion on Top Gear about dangerous driving conditions. He and fellow presenters agreed that scantilly-clad women were the biggest distractions on the roads, before Clarkson chipped in: “Honestly, the burka doesn’t work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings.”

5. November 2008 - Lorry drivers

Clarkson found himself in hot water again when he made a joke about lorry drivers being murderers. Referring to Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe during a segment on driving lorries, Clarkson described the experience as: “Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day.” Despite numerous complaints to the BBC and Ofcom, and a call from an MP for him to lose his job, Clarkson gave only a mock apology on the following week’s show.

6. April 2007 - The Perodua Kelisa

Clarkson began a war of words with Malaysia when he described a car made in the country as the worst in the world. After attacking the Perodua Kelisa with a sledgehammer and blowing it up, Clarkson likened its name to that of a disease and implied that it was built by “jungle people who wear leaves as shoes”.

7. December 2005 - Germans

The journalist courted controversy after he gave a Nazi salute during a segment about German company BMW during an episode of Top Gear and suggested that one of its cars would have a sat-nav that “only goes to Poland”.

8. February 2009 - Gordon Brown

Clarkson hit headlines again when he dismissed then Prime Minister Gordon Brown as a “one-eyed Scottish idiot” during a press conference in Australia. Though the majority of complaints seemed to be levelled at the “Scottish idiot” part of the insult, Clarkson’s subsequent apology only referred to his comments on Mr Brown’s appearance.

9. October 2009 - Black Muslim lesbians

Clarkson infuriated readers of Top Gear magazine when he accusing television producers of being fixated with having “black Muslim lesbians” on programmes to balance out the number of white heterosexual males. His comments followed on from the Strictly Come Dancing row over Anton Du Beke branding his partner Laila Rouass a “Paki”.

10. July 2008 – Drink driving

The presenter was censured by the BBC’s governing body for glamorising drink-driving after he was filmed sipping on a gin and tonic behind the wheel of a pickup truck during a special episode of Top Gear in which he and May tried to drive to the Magnetic North Pole.

Guess who grew up watching Benny Hill & Tommy Cooper.

He's as funny as they were. (the leaf shoes were amusing but I don't think they're're limited to Malaysia - & I'm allowed to laugh at that one because mg own Grandad used dried cowpats tied on with brown string )
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-04-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Not sure what to make of this. Yes, there is racism all around but I can't imagine anyone being this brazen in the middle of fucking Brooklyn.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=766529320045926

Whoops! Hit reply instead of preview.

Anyhoo, the girl that posted this is an actress. And urged everyone to "follow" her for updates. One commenter on the video had this to say:

Kayla Preusse - Zaida Pugh I have a question. Was the white man staged to play this role? Or was this jus something that you provoked to do your video! I am a big follower and supporter of you and love your videos that you do but this one I feel some sort of way about. I myself am a white women. I was raised to NEVER discriminate because of the color of our skin. I feel that this video makes white people all around look bad as yes some still think that way but most of us don't feel that way at all and know that we are all equal. Yes white people just like black, Asian, Hispanic, you name em, we are all ignorant. I date men outside my race and all too often I am judge by not "my people" but people of the race I am dating, "black" is that considered racist? I think the problem lies within the older generation, our aunts, uncles, grandma, grandpa and for some of us great grandparents. Us younger generation are wise enough to figure it out! We are the ones who have to education and correct those who think negatively upon separation if different races. This world is a beautiful place because of the diversity. If god didn't want it that way he wouldn't have created it that way.
    I believe in bringing things to the forefront because we need to talk about the horrible, wrongful shit that goes on. But to make shit up? If this is fake, like the "they wouldn't tip me cuz I'm gay" chick, it doesn't help the cause at all.

Ron - I know you deal with shit on the regular, but have you ever seen anything so blatant?
    Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 05-05-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Not sure what to make of this. Yes, there is racism all around but I can't imagine anyone being this brazen in the middle of fucking Brooklyn.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=766529320045926

Whoops! Hit reply instead of preview.

Anyhoo, the girl that posted this is an actress. And urged everyone to "follow" her for updates. One commenter on the video had this to say:

I believe in bringing things to the forefront because we need to talk about the horrible, wrongful shit that goes on. But to make shit up? If this is fake, like the "they wouldn't tip me cuz I'm gay" chick, it doesn't help the cause at all.

Ron - I know you deal with shit on the regular, but have you ever seen anything so blatant?

I hope it's a set-up, if it was anywhere but the U.S though, I wouldn't even question it. The only reason I do question it is you guys have programs that like orchestrating social experiments, so there's a chance it might be fake - but if you go back through the thread you'll see similar/worse vids of shit that also happened on public transport that were confirmed 100% shamefully real when the idiots involved ended up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I hope it's a set-up, if it was anywhere but the U.S though, I wouldn't even question it. The only reason I do question it is you guys have programs that like orchestrating social experiments, so there's a chance it might be fake - but if you go back through the thread you'll see similar/worse vids of shit that also happened on public transport that were confirmed 100% shamefully real when the idiots involved ended up in court.
    True. The guy mentioned Sterling. Maybe he was pissed about what happened? Who knows.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

A "Saturday Night Live" actress is under attack by the senior editor of Ebony.com -- who claims a bit she performed on the show where she joked about being a "Number 1 slave draft pick" is an "embarrassment."

The woman in the crosshairs is Leslie Jones -- who performed the bit during the Weekend Update of SNL ... and essentially said in slave days, she would have been the most popular woman on the plantation for forced slave breeding.

"See, I?m single right now, but back in the slave days, I would have never been single. I?m six feet tall and I?m strong, Colin. Strong! I mean, look at me, I?m a mandingo ... I?m just saying that back in the slave days, my love life would have been way better. Massah would have hooked me up with the best brotha on the plantation ? I would be the No. 1 slave draft pick."

But after the sketch, the backlash began -- with Ebony.com senior editor Jamilah Lemieux tweeting, "This Leslie Jones person is an embarrassment @msmarypryor. I'm so appalled right now."

Jones fired back on Sunday -- writing, "If anybody should be offended is white folks cause it?s what they did.?

"Y?all so busy trying to be self righteous you miss what the joke really is. Very sad I have to defend myself to black people. Now I?m betting if Chris Rock or Dave [Chappelle] did that joke or jay z or Kanye put in a rap they would be called brilliant. Cause they all do this type of material. Just cause it came from a strong black woman who ain?t afraid to be real y?all mad."

"So here is my announcement black folks, you won?t stop me and Im gonna go even harder and deeper now. Cause it?s a shame that we kill each other instead of support each other. This exactly why black people are where we are now cause we too f***** sensitive and instead of make lemonade out of lemons we just suck the sour juice from the lemons. Wake up."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/05/saturd...#ixzz30qxrQpxH
    I personally think the joke was fucking hilarious, and I'm SSOO tired of COMEDIANS being made to feel bad for cracking jokes and expected to apologize for everything that comes out of their mouths during their bits. So fuckin silly.

Edited to add: video at link

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Here's the thing. It was a black woman being a comedian. Not someone trying to be offensive because they believe they are superior. There's a difference. If this is considered racist, then every Jewish comedian that made a joke about the Jews is racist.

If people don't like it, there's a solution. Don't watch SNL. Just because you don't find the humor in it doesn't mean others feel the same as you. So stop forcing the rest of the world to not enjoy a sense of humor just because you personally don't find it funny. Don't watch it. Simple.

And don't label something racist that isn't even racist. That's the real crime here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Here's the thing. It was a black woman being a comedian. Not someone trying to be offensive because they believe they are superior. There's a difference. If this is considered racist, then every Jewish comedian that made a joke about the Jews is racist.

If people don't like it, there's a solution. Don't watch SNL. Just because you don't find the humor in it doesn't mean others feel the same as you. So stop forcing the rest of the world to not enjoy a sense of humor just because you personally don't find it funny. Don't watch it. Simple.

And don't label something racist that isn't even racist. That's the real crime here.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I personally think the joke was fucking hilarious, and I'm SSOO tired of COMEDIANS being made to feel bad for cracking jokes and expected to apologize for everything that comes out of their mouths during their bits. So fuckin silly.

Edited to add: video at link
    She had me, until I read her statement/reply and it utterly butchered the English language. I know I'm not always up to par (esp. when phone posting) but I'm also not making a public statement defending myself and essentially challenging a slew of folks, and/or trying to gain respect for something I've done and/or plan to do (continue to do.) Sooooo, yeah. There's that.

ETA: This doesn't change the fact that bitches need to get over themselves and stop making such a ruckus. Deb & Boston both articulated the points I'd have made and/or support this comedian for.
    Last edited by Miller22; 05-05-2014 at 12:22 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Where do you find this stuff, Ron? Your posts make me sad

The human race sucks. I guess that's why I prefer to work with animals. They're more Humane than Humans.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information