Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2448

Thread: THAT'S RACIST! Part 2: discussing racial tension in the US/abroad

Yeah. As someone mentioned, these same people are cool with unarmed Black men, women AND CHILDREN copping summary execution just for "failure to comply", but armed adults screaming racial slurs, who storm in & threaten to murder children at a birthday party ffs, they're being treated " too harshly".

I will be fair & acknowledge that some changed their tune when they found out how inaccurate the titles are.

So a big fuck you to all the media outlets who deliberately provoked the oh so familiar "PC gone mad" response.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah. As someone mentioned, these same people are cool with unarmed Black men, women AND CHILDREN copping summary execution just for "failure to comply", but armed adults screaming racial slurs, who storm in & threaten to murder children at a birthday party ffs, they're being treated " too harshly".

I will be fair & acknowledge that some changed their tune when they found out how inaccurate the titles are.

So a big fuck you to all the media outlets who deliberately provoked the oh so familiar "PC gone mad" response.
    Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    http://abc7.com/news/duo-gets-prison...party/1776837/

Is it common practice to still say "alleged" if they've been found guilty & sentenced? Or is this just another minimisation attempt from this particular news agency?
    It's bad journalism, since they're convicted it's no longer alleged.

Still trying to play down the awful things white people do.

They threatened people with guns at a fucking kid's birthday party, fuck them forever.

Anna Hayes, a high school senior from Lake Village, attended prom last week with her friend Phillip Freeman, who happens to be black
    She posted the pictures on Facebook where her father, whom she does not live with, saw them
    He then sent her a string of racist, abusive texts telling her not to contact him ever again
    Anna said she knew he was racist but was still sad that he reacted so horribly

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz4gIKywyuJ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Bet her dad voted for Obama like a typical racist Democrat. They started the KKK yanno.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Whenever I see awkward or controversial FB or text conversations, I can't help but immediately assume they're fake. They're so easy to photoshop.

And this conversation seemed really off balance. I have a hard time believing Mr. Dad just discovered who his daughters prom date was after the fact via fb pictures.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Whenever I see awkward or controversial FB or text conversations, I can't help but immediately assume they're fake. They're so easy to photoshop.

And this conversation seemed really off balance. I have a hard time believing Mr. Dad just discovered who his daughters prom date was after the fact via fb pictures.
    I'm the same way. I did read the article anyway though, and it says that the parents are divorced, and the daughter and her father already had a strained relationship, so that would explain why he only found out after the fact. Considering it probably wouldn't take much from the information given as to who she is (which seems real) to figure out who her dad is, I feel like there is a good chance this one is actually legit.

My guess is she knew this would be his reaction. It's never a mystery when someone is this openly racist.

two white women, Kali Wilgus and Liz 'LC' Connelly, who opened a taco truck in Portland after taking a trip to Mexico, have been forced to close it amid accusations of cultural appropriation. For the first few months, the weekend pop-up shop, Kooks Burritos was a smash hit. It gained so much popularity, a local weekly newspaper decided to profile the entrepreneurial duo. But the trouble started after they gave a series of quotes to a local newspaper, leading to the accusations against them. The duo was flooded with negative feedback on social media (bottom insets) and from other outlets, and eventually they closed the store and all its online accounts.

Explaining their trip, Connelly told the newspaper: 'I picked the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever, and they showed me a little of what they did.
    'In Puerto Nuevo, you can eat $5 lobster on the beach, which they give you with this bucket of tortillas. They are handmade flour tortillas that are stretchy and a little buttery, and best of all, unlimited.
    'They wouldn't tell us too much about technique, but we were peeking into the windows of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look. We learned quickly it isn't quite that easy.'
    Those comments were latched onto by a food blog in the Portland Mercury, which accused Wilgus and Connelly of 'preying' on the women they met in Mexico.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4i59sYTUz
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ummmmm.....
    Am I missing something here? I'm not seeing racism. I'm seeing admiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Well, that's Portland. White people steal business from immigrants in LA all the time with their taco trucks because they can afford better access to nicer things. It is kind of fucked up but at the same time I don't think making food from different cultures is necessary really what cultural appropriation refers to. These women should have advertised it with their own twist on recipes instead of pretending to be selling authentic Mexican food from white people on vacation but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ummmmm.....
    Oh their actual schtick was super condescending and irritating, like 'look what these poor little shack people taught us while we were on our rich white people vacation!' But I still don't think it was worth shuttering their business, just go to a different taco truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ummmmm.....
    'They wouldn't tell us too much about technique, but we were peeking into the windows of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look. We learned quickly it isn't quite that easy.'

I'm seeing theft. I'm seeing copyright infringment (not literally).

They basically stole something from these people and gave them nothing in return. Not cool. I think the reason people are saying it's racist is because of the long history of the elite taking advantage of those who can't defend themselves.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/09/...appropriation/
    "The difference between cultural appropriation and cultural adoption is respect for the origin source and culture. It's the difference between Pat Boone and Elvis Presley."

Oh their actual schtick was super condescending and irritating, like 'look what these poor little shack people taught us while we were on our rich white people vacation!' But I still don't think it was worth shuttering their business, just go to a different taco truck.
    I hear you, but the way they giggled over peeking into windows to get info they weren't privy to in the first place is just gross.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    If they make eating tacos cultural misappropriation I'm screwed.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    If they make eating tacos cultural misappropriation I'm screwed.

I just did this, so there's still hope for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

I'm seeing theft. I'm seeing copyright infringment (not literally).

They basically stole something from these people and gave them nothing in return. Not cool. I think the reason people are saying it's racist is because of the long history of the elite taking advantage of those who can't defend themselves.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/09/...appropriation/
    "The difference between cultural appropriation and cultural adoption is respect for the origin source and culture. It's the difference between Pat Boone and Elvis Presley."

I hear you, but the way they giggled over peeking into windows to get info they weren't privy to in the first place is just gross.
    Yes, they are definitely in the wrong for acknowledging that the recipes were not being willingly shared with them. And that has nothing to do with culture necessarily, it would be like stealing a recipe from anyone for your own profit, not cool.

They are dumb.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Okay, I'm understanding a bit better. I was thinking that their "peeking in windows" thing was just a schtick. Honestly, I didn't expect privileged kids to actually DO THAT in real life

I thought of it more as they were trying to make it look authentic, but in reality just doing it their way and if that's the case, every mofo battling the SJW angle on this one that's eaten Taco Bell is a complete hypocrite.

Yeah.... If they actually did all the crap they claim they did and are talking about the people the way they are in earnest, then they're seriously idiotic.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yes, they are definitely in the wrong for acknowledging that the recipes were not being willingly shared with them. And that has nothing to do with culture necessarily, it would be like stealing a recipe from anyone for your own profit, not cool.

They are dumb.
    That was my issue, not the food itself - here every second person owns some sort of restaurant churning out Italian/thai etc regardless of background.

Would be a different story if instead of 'peering through windows', they were accepted into the kitchens and given actual direction.

PS, It's National Sorry Day here today and.. no one gives a fuck. Probably because it's still only been 20 years since parliament acknowledged wrongdoing.

This year?s National Sorry Day marks the twentieth anniversary of the ?Bringing them Home? report being tabled in parliament, a report that highlighted the historical mistreatment of Aboriginal people. As an important date in our national calendar, it is a day of bringing communities together to express regret, and to acknowledge the ongoing need to work together to build a truly reconciled nation.

The Stolen Generation represent an estimated 100,000 children who were forcibly removed from their Aboriginal families between 1910 and 1970.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourn...adcast/8557542
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-for-sorry-day
    http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/...nal-sorry-day/

I saw your friend pete's apology and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't know it was a thing that you do on a day.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    PS, It's National Sorry Day here today and.. no one gives a fuck. Probably because it's still only been 20 years since parliament acknowledged wrongdoing.

This year?s National Sorry Day marks the twentieth anniversary of the ?Bringing them Home? report being tabled in parliament, a report that highlighted the historical mistreatment of Aboriginal people. As an important date in our national calendar, it is a day of bringing communities together to express regret, and to acknowledge the ongoing need to work together to build a truly reconciled nation.

The Stolen Generation represent an estimated 100,000 children who were forcibly removed from their Aboriginal families between 1910 and 1970.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourn...adcast/8557542
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-for-sorry-day
    http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/...nal-sorry-day/
    1970?!?!??!?!?

Just for the sake of properly showing how recently this was, Shemar Moore, Matt Damon, Tupac Shakur, Tina Fey, and Selena were all born in 1970.

Holy fucking shit, that's INSANE!!!!

It needs to be renamed "Sorry (not sorry) Day".

Most article comments will be rants from people who find it offensive & tell you they shouldn't have to feel sorry for something they had no part in - "it happened over 200 yrs ago, get over it" is the most common reaction. They say the only problem Australia has is lazy, whinging (insert slur word)s who want to wallow in the past for sympathy instead of just "getting jobs & joining the rest of us in the modern civilised world".

Meanwhile they simultaneously ignore the fact that their own generation is currently removing more Aboriginal kids than the original Stolen Generation - something that began immediately after the Sorry speech was given & continues to escalate today, a decade later.

The Sorry Day resentment is even worse when you consider that over 95% of Australians (me included until I started doing family history research) have NO FUCKING IDEA that Australia had genuine, chained by the neck Black slavery until well into the 20th century. & that one of the biggest influences on current Aboriginal policies, (mining magnate Twiggy Forrest) is the great nephew of Sir John Forrest, former premier of Western Australia who was vocal in parliament & the media during the 1900s in his opposition to attempts by American emancipationists & the British Anti-Slavery Society to intervene on behalf of Aboriginal people.

They referred to Western Australia as "The slave state of the Commonwealth". Australian media openly used the term "slavery" to describe the forced working conditions of Aboriginal people right up until the 1950s, but from the 60s onwards history was rewritten & now even well-educated Australians genuinely believe slavery never occurred here (with the exception of the few who know about the abduction of South Sea Islanders who were brought to Queensland & forced to work the canefields).

Australians always call me a liar when I explain the this to them, but the truth is still there in the newspapers of the day

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/re...l%2C%20slavery

Some photographic evidence for anyone who doesn't like to click links

1935, Neckchained men used in place of horses - this wasn't a rare occurrence. Horses cost $$, slaves could be hunted & captured for free. Police were paid a bounty per head.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I saw your friend pete's apology and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't know it was a thing that you do on a day.
    Word, Pete rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    1970?!?!??!?!?

Just for the sake of properly showing how recently this was, Shemar Moore, Matt Damon, Tupac Shakur, Tina Fey, and Selena were all born in 1970.

Holy fucking shit, that's INSANE!!!!
    I KNOW, RIGHT? We also STILL don't have a treaty.. like everyone else ever seems to have. WTF.

Footage has emerged showing two white police officers struggling to explain why they pulled over Florida's only black state attorney. Video posted online by the Orlando Police Department shows two officers approaching the car of State Attorney Aramis Ayala after they pulled her over on June 19 about 8:15pm. One officer was seen standing at the passenger side window, as the other cop – whose bodyc amera was recording – approaching the other side. When he reached the window, Ayala is seen in the clip grabbing her license from her wallet and handing it to the cop. She then informed the cop she was the state attorney, which led to the officer attempting to explain why she had been stopped. 'Thank you, your tag didn't come back, never seen that before, but we're good now. We ran the tag, I've never seen it before with a Florida tag, it didn't come back to anything, so that's the reason for the stop.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-attorney.html

Can we list fucked up dog whistles that you've noticed?

1. Entitled
    2. Thugs
    3. Victims (this one seems new, I saw it a lot in the comments to the article above)
    4. Community organizers
    Last edited by animosity; 07-12-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information