Thread: 6 members of Florida church die from COVID-19 within days of one another

6 members of Florida church die from COVID-19 within days of one another

https://nypost.com/2021/08/09/6-memb...f-one-another/

A Florida pastor is imploring his parishioners to get vaccinated ' after six members of the church recently died from COVID-19 within 10 days.

'Four of them were under the age of 35. All of them were healthy, and the only thing they had in common was they were not vaccinated,' Impact Church senior pastor George Davis told told WJXT-TV.

One of the victims was a woman who was recently married and had a young daughter, he added to WFLA-TV.

'It's definitely taken a toll on us,' Davis said of the deaths. 'Some of [the victims] have been extremely close to us. And to watch some of these people in the prime of their life.'

Hoping to prod unvaccinated parishioners to get their shots, the Arlington, Fla., church set up a vaccination clinic Sunday to encourage inoculations.

Davis said he has pushed parishioners to get the vaccine to counter misinformation ' but that many have resisted his calls.

'It's very frustrating knowing that these were avoidable deaths,' Davis told the Washington Post.

Impact Church Senior Pastor George Davis said that four of the victims were under the age of 35 and unvaccinated.
    George Davis said the deaths took a toll on his church.

'You also don't want the loved ones who are left behind to feel horrible and don't want to seem like I'm putting guilt onto them, but the reality is I know that these people would still be here had they gotten the shot.'

Davis told the outlet he believes the vaccine is a divine gift.

'The miracle is no less of a miracle if medical science has to kick in to finish it off,' he told the outlet.

'For me, that's a little bit of a turning point, because I've seen God do it with no medical help up until a point and then finish it off with medical help. And that's what I [see] in this virus, too.'

I admit that I was very hesitant to get the vaccine. I'm not a Trumper. I did like him on TV (Celebrity Apprentice) because he was so pompous that it made for a great comedy show. My problem was that I'm allergic to a lot of stuff. When I told a friend who has the same problem (she can't even get a flu shot), she suggested that I call a doctor that I really trust, who is also my allergy and asthma doctor. He told me to get it and that he would sign anything I needed to get pushed up to the top of the line because I didn't meet age requirements. Another friend who works at a hospital and has the same allergy problems got me on the list quickly.

Sure enough, I had an allergic reaction that made me very miserable but it didn't kill me. I proudly carry a vaccine card (laminated). Even though I'm vaccinated, I still try to be careful because I don't think this is over. I have a variety of masks so I always have one available. Those damn things are hard on my asthma, but not as hard as COVID would be!

Besides getting the shot, these people need to STAY THE FUCK away from each other. You have to wait 3 weeks between shots and then 2 weeks for them to start to work. They obviously were exposed to a deadly strain and need to self isolate. I wonder if it was the Delta?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information