Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: THAT'S RACIST! Part 2: discussing racial tension in the US/abroad

I agree that racism is racism. You can stick whatever race against another one, if you are being a racist dick it doesn't matter what you are. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I just think it kind of defines the lines of racism.. which defeats itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I think it does differentiate the power differential. How often can a white male say they are discriminated against for their race and it has negatively impacted their lives? In a white patriarchy, they are writing the tickets, so its almost ridiculous to try and compare the two.
    I think this is a point that gets lost on a lot of older generation white males. There is no comprehension that a racial bias could impact someone's life THAT majorly, because it is not possible for them to experience it.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I think it does differentiate the power differential. How often can a white male say they are discriminated against for their race and it has negatively impacted their lives? In a white patriarchy, they are writing the tickets, so its almost ridiculous to try and compare the two.
    I think this is a point that gets lost on a lot of older generation white males. There is no comprehension that a racial bias could impact someone's life THAT majorly, because it is not possible for them to experience it.
    Exactly that. Someone giving you a shitty look and calling you "whitey" doesn't constitute suffering from racism.

Someone clutching their purse when you walk by, does.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

You're talking about emotional perceptions of racism. It's making the word a lot bigger than it is. I think you're adding profiling, as well.

Look at the actions. Clutching a purse or locking a car door is not intended to insult anyone, and is not necessarily racially motivated. Calling someone "whitey" and giving a dirty look is an aggressive act directed at a white person.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    You're talking about emotional perceptions of racism. It's making the word a lot bigger than it is. I think you're adding profiling, as well.

Look at the actions. Clutching a purse or locking a car door is not intended to insult anyone, and is not necessarily racially motivated. Calling someone "whitey" and giving a dirty look is an aggressive act directed at a white person.
    I'm sure you're speaking from experience. When was the last time someone clutched their purse when you came near them?
    Last edited by Shins; 07-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Nah, young people do it too. Remember that story last weekend about the dude in the West Village restaurant yelling in some black couple's face about niggers, and the dude knocked him out. Someone in the comment section said "I bet now that he got arrested he's going to play the race card."

I don't even know what that means!

Curisoity here: which one of these do you think happens more frequently?
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 07-30-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Nah, young people do it too. Remember that story last weekend about the dude in the Village yelling in some couple's face about niggers, and the dude knocked him out. Someone in the comment section said "I bet now that he got arrested he's going to play the race card."

I don't even know what that means!

Curisoity here: which one of these do you think happen more frequently?
    They are kind of like tarot cards
    I think the general understanding of racism as a societal force has grown. That does not mean there are not ignoramuses everywhere ( AHEM) in every age group.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I have never, once in my life been called whitey. Maybe it's because I'm a race traitor, but this isn't the movies. Black, gang-banging, drug dealers aren't lurking on every corner threatening to steal your car, purse, and white woman. Fuck.

Serious question: Does any white person here get seriously offended when someone calls them "whitey", "honky", or "cracker"??

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Serious question: Does any white person here get seriously offended when someone calls them "whitey", "honky", or "cracker"??

I wouldn't, but it's because I understand the historical and sociological relevance of those terms. Fox News viewers? They don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    I have never, once in my life been called whitey. Maybe it's because I'm a race traitor, but this isn't the movies. Black, gang-banging, drug dealers aren't lurking on every corner threatening to steal your car, purse, and white woman. Fuck.

I have, but I've also been called a camel jockey (because some people mistake me for being Arabic.)

I laughed when I was called whitey. I was kinda miffed when I was called a camel jockey. You can tell it comes from a different place of resentment. The words feel different.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

I'd say scenario #2 gives no indication of belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits while scenario #1 clearly does.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

i get pissed when i get called a wetback. its funny when we (hispanics) do it to each other, but i would never play around with a friend of mine by calling them whitey or cracker. Do you do that in real life?? I mean, I would play around and say it here, but never in real life to a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

More of what the media wants you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I'd say scenario #2 gives no indication of belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits while scenario #1 clearly does.
    I'm saying #2 rarely fucking happens.

Whitey has all the power. Cracker comes from whip-cracker, which white people in this country were. Despite the fact that my people weren't, I get it and benefit from white privilege.

Whitey has all the power. Cracker comes from whip-cracker, which white people in this country were. Despite the fact that my people weren't, I get it and benefit from white privilege.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracka

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    More of what the media wants you to believe.

I'm saying #2 rarely fucking happens.
    Probably not. In my opinion, it's hypothetically not racist, though.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Last edited by Ron_NYC; 07-30-2013 at 04:53 PM.

I'd like to share a true story. In the late 1980s my co-worker with whom I shared I cubicle was a young black woman .

We were friends inside and outside work.
    My friend Romenia grew up in Beaufort SC where she was told by her relatives she was ugly because she was too black. She was not ugly .... She was extremely bright, articulate, literate and funny.

One day at work, our backs to each other as designed in the cube, she said "when are you going to pay me the $5 you borrowed?
    Mortified that she had to ask, I grabbed my wallet pulled out a five and gave it her and turned back to work.
    She started screaming and laughing. I'm like, what's wrong? She showed me the 5 dollar bill. Someone had drawn an arrow to Lincoln's face and wrote on the bill "He freed the niggers". I was dying, she was laughing her ass off.

What are the chances of that happening?? I was so embarrassed .... defacing money like that with such a vile sentiment.

I could hardly type that word here as only two words offend me ... the n word and the c..t word.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Bella, most of the black people I've worked with have had a sense of humor too, though nothing like that ever happened to me.

As far as Whitey goes, my dad's hair was so white, that was his nickname. It wasn't my example, it was already posted.

If I lock my door or clutch my purse, it's because I feel threatened, not because of color.

A$$holes come in all shapes sizes and colors.
    Last edited by I doubt it; 07-30-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

No...I get more offended when my character is attacked, and it's horseshit that some don't even get the decency of having that option related to their skin color.

My Dad about people "assholes are assholes". That side of my family? My great grandfather was in the KKK in Tennessee. My grandfather left home at 17 because he saw it was a load of fucking smelly donkey dicks.

I can't edit. *because of their skin color.

Problem is though, there are too many black apologists. At some point you gotta pull yourself up as a people and do something.

Look at the japs.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Thread Information