Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Young on trial for stepbrother's death

I agree the cousin is an awful witness, but I was referring to Jahara...the girl who went to Alabama with Goucker and Josh Young

You don't think Gouker told her what she could and could not say?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Oh Absolutely!!!!!....nobody is telling the truth...except maybe the lady that was "abducted" while they were in Alabama...I can't imagine how frightened she must have been
    Goucker is the puppet master here and for whatever reason, they all obey his commands....how about the cousin Cassie...Goucker is her cousin, she was in love with him and they had a sexual relationship, but she wouldnt leave her "common law husband" for him.....how much dysfunction is going on in the town they all call hom

Quote Originally Posted by royals02 View Post
    Oh Absolutely!!!!!....nobody is telling the truth...except maybe the lady that was "abducted" while they were in Alabama...I can't imagine how frightened she must have been
    Goucker is the puppet master here and for whatever reason, they all obey his commands....how about the cousin Cassie...Goucker is her cousin, she was in love with him and they had a sexual relationship, but she wouldnt leave her "common law husband" for him.....how much dysfunction is going on in the town they all call hom
    Yeah before that came up I knew there was something going on between those two. If the kid did do or was involved then yes he needs to pay for the crime. I just hope that he can get some much needed help. This kid didn't have a chance from the minute he took his first breath. I am really conflicted on this case.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Yeah before that came up I knew there was something going on between those two. If the kid did do or was involved then yes he needs to pay for the crime. I just hope that he can get some much needed help. This kid didn't have a chance from the minute he took his first breath. I am really conflicted on this case.
    But so far it seems we just get reinforced that the father is a terrible guy that most of these women covered for or were frightened of and that Josh went along or was quiet. I do not see anything that really points to Josh the younger having committed the crime. I do not know how you point the finger or get the whole thing straightened out when there were so many lies and different stories going on.

The only thing that really makes me doubt the tale with the baseball bat is that the ME testified that the bruising or marks were made with an object resembling a pipe. A bat and a pipe aren't going to leave the same markings.

So we can agree that the son would probably do anything or say anything for his dad.
    So here's the great what if...
    What if, when Big Josh realized his gig was up, got together and made a plan with his son, Little Josh. And what if they decide, since dad is going to jail anyway, to end this in a way no one would ever forget. What if the new plan is for Little Josh to get out and kill Amanda? It's not his real mother and he said the best place is with his dad.
    That would be a twist in this already twisty tale.
    Don't forget, the me said it was a pipe that the boy was killed with and everyone, including Cassie says he/they showed up with a Louiseville Slugger...

I didn't buy Cassie's story about little Josh coming into her house with a bag of bloody clothes and a bloody bat. Why would he walk through her house with evidence of the crime when there are other people in the house...makes more sense that he would have left those things outside the house or hidden somewhere.
    BTW did you see Cassie's "common law husband" was sworn in late yesterday afternoon to begin his testimony this morning....he had on a t-shirt and oversized shorts....certainly not courtroom appropriate....but who am I kidding, seems that none of these people have a sense of what appropriate means.
    If little Josh is found guilty (which at this point I don't see any evidence of that) or if he is found innocent, he has absolutely no chance of having any kind of productive life. Actually, he probably hasn't had a chance at life since the day he was born.

I didn't buy Cassie's story about little Josh coming into her house with a bag of bloody clothes and a bloody bat. Why would he walk through her house with evidence of the crime when there are other people in the house...makes more sense that he would have left those things outside the house or hidden somewhere.
    BTW did you see Cassie's "common law husband" was sworn in late yesterday afternoon to begin his testimony this morning....he had on a t-shirt and oversized shorts....certainly not courtroom appropriate....but who am I kidding, seems that none of these people have a sense of what appropriate means.
    If little Josh is found guilty (which at this point I don't see any evidence of that) or if he is found innocent, he has absolutely no chance of having any kind of productive life. Actually, he probably hasn't had a chance at life since the day he was born.
    His foster family was on one of the hln shows last night and he said they are more than happy to have Josh back in their home. They said that they realize there is going to be a lot of therapy and work to do with him. I can't help hoping that he gets a chance, I do not believe he helped his father kill Trey. He was about to cry yesterday listening to the woman who said they held her hostage in Alabama.

I thought it was pretty sad today to listen to Josh on the video saying that he loves his dad and that he belongs with him....and earlier testimony today when someone said that Goucker referred to Josh as the devil's seed....pretty awful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    His foster family was on one of the hln shows last night and he said they are more than happy to have Josh back in their home. They said that they realize there is going to be a lot of therapy and work to do with him. I can't help hoping that he gets a chance, I do not believe he helped his father kill Trey. He was about to cry yesterday listening to the woman who said they held her hostage in Alabama.

Kids that have been severely abused by a parent always have love for that parent and seek their approval. If this kid is guilty of anything here I think that he just said some things to cover for his father. I think the defense has created reasonable doubt. IMO the kid didn't commit the murder he just got manipulated by his father like everyone else in that train wreck of a family. I really hope his foster family gets the chance to make a difference in this poor kids life.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 08-06-2013 at 02:48 PM.

I didn't know that Josh has a younger sister that the foster family also took in and has since been adopted by them. I don't think there is any way she could be Goucker's kid too since he was in prison for quite awhile...

I am glad the people on websleuths are not his jury, they have decided he is evil incarnate from just the few posts I read. Of course the majority there thought Zimmerman was within his rights too. I definitely picked the right forum.

ooooopppssss....I have to confess to you that I think the Zimmerman jury got it right too...I do not think there was enough evidence and too many conflicting stories to convict him...sorry for the off topic
    Now you have me curious though and I'm gonna have to go take a look at what they're saying over there

Well...defense didn't really put on a case, but really maybe they didn't have to. Here's how I see it...prosecution's case consisted of witnesses who were NOT credible (at least in my opinion) and then there is the shoddy police work of not collecting evidence that perhaps they should have and not searching the trash to locate "bat" and bloody clothing..I do not see any way that the jury can convict JY

This is a tough one. I do believe, though, that young Josh lured Trey to the scene and big Josh did the actual beating. I just don't think little Josh has the strength necessary for the force used. Those were some pretty hard smashes, probably made with a pipe.

I would like to see the foster family make a difference in his life, but I'm just not sure he's all that salvageable. This has had to have had an effect on him that a lot of therapy is needed. Like years of it. Intense therapy.

I'm just glad I'm not on that jury. And for me that's unusual.

First, let me say that I respect you opinion, but what evidence was submitted that made you believe that Josh lured Trey to the scene?

Tough case ..... I tend to agree with gypsy. Initially I thought young Josh may have been innocent. However while the parties all have a credibility problem, several did testify that Josh did do it. Who do you believe? What does the jailhouse snitch have to gain? He is getting jumped in prison for being a rat.

Senior Josh had no bloody clothes when out at the store at 1 am.

The charge is complicity to murder not the actual murder. i do believe at the least he was complicit in this horrible crime.
    I believe that he would do anything to gain his father's approval. Sad sad case. The poor soul in this case is the murder victim

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Tough case ..... I tend to agree with gypsy. Initially I thought young Josh may have been innocent. However while the parties all have a credibility problem, several did testify that Josh did do it. Who do you believe? What does the jailhouse snitch have to gain? He is getting jumped in prison for being a rat.

Senior Josh had no bloody clothes when out at the store at 1 am.

The charge is complicity to murder not the actual murder. i do believe at the least he was complicit in this horrible crime.
    I believe that he would do anything to gain his father's approval. Sad sad case. The poor soul in this case is the murder victim

What do I think?...I think Goucker killed him and acted alone. I think it happened early, due to undigested food in Trey's stomach and Goucker changed his shirt AFTER the murder. I think he used Josh to help him try to cover up the crime and yes I do think Josh helped to get rid of the evidence. Cassie did not get out of bed to help until Goucker made her get up...she would take the risk for Goucker, not for Josh.
    None of the witnesses were credible, they all had a story based on what Goucker told them to say....master manipulator. As for the jail snitches..they just repeated what Goucker said and he is no dope, he knew they would chirp like canaries.
    From what I have seen, there had never been any problems between Josh and Trey. But how coincidental that a few months after Goucker (a violent criminal) gets out of jail and the murder happens. He and Amanda had just had a fight (evidenced by the bruising on her neck that she called hickies) and he was pissed...what better way to get back at her, plus there is also the story he tells about being pissed about her having the abortion.
    I can honestly see Josh agreeing to take the blame for his dad, since his dad told him, "you're a minor and will only have to do a couple of years at most". Like you said, Josh would do anything to gain his father's approval.
    It also makes me sad to think that even if Josh if found not guilty and is released, he has nowhere to go "home". I know the foster family wants him back, but I can't imagine that he would be immediately released to them..paperwork and all to be done
    This case makes me very sad.

One of the talking heads on hln said yesterday that the only credible party was Trey' s little sister.
    I agree that this is a very sad case and I don not envy the jury's job.
    Are they now sequestered until they reach a verdict?

Yes they are sequestered...the judge told them to pack a back when they were coming back in to court today....so if need be, they will be deliberating through the weekend

What do I think?...I think Goucker killed him and acted alone. I think it happened early, due to undigested food in Trey's stomach and Goucker changed his shirt AFTER the murder. I think he used Josh to help him try to cover up the crime and yes I do think Josh helped to get rid of the evidence. Cassie did not get out of bed to help until Goucker made her get up...she would take the risk for Goucker, not for Josh.
    None of the witnesses were credible, they all had a story based on what Goucker told them to say....master manipulator. As for the jail snitches..they just repeated what Goucker said and he is no dope, he knew they would chirp like canaries.
    From what I have seen, there had never been any problems between Josh and Trey. But how coincidental that a few months after Goucker (a violent criminal) gets out of jail and the murder happens. He and Amanda had just had a fight (evidenced by the bruising on her neck that she called hickies) and he was pissed...what better way to get back at her, plus there is also the story he tells about being pissed about her having the abortion.
    I can honestly see Josh agreeing to take the blame for his dad, since his dad told him, "you're a minor and will only have to do a couple of years at most". Like you said, Josh would do anything to gain his father's approval.
    It also makes me sad to think that even if Josh if found not guilty and is released, he has nowhere to go "home". I know the foster family wants him back, but I can't imagine that he would be immediately released to them..paperwork and all to be done
    This case makes me very sad.
    I gotta agree here. I think the only thing this kid is guilty of is accessory after the fact. If you think about the things going on in this poor kids head. He had lost his mom from an od, he is snatched out of a stable foster home and just getting to know his Dad. He probably thought that he had no one left but his dad. A really low life scum of the earth but in his mind he probably thought that was better than being alone. This kid deserves some damn happiness and security in his life. I think once he is out from under his father's influence he has a real chance.

F#?k!#€ double post!

Apparently a verdict has been reached in this trial.

Thread Information