Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Geraldine Anita Largay's (66) remains were found two years after she went missing while hiking the Appalachian Trail

A very long article, with lots of details about what happened and how. Lots of details from her diary.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/...m0K/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    A very long article, with lots of details about what happened and how. Lots of details from her diary.

Oh god. That is so terrible. That poor woman. To be so close to a road and not know it. Her husband seems so sweet with his support of her hiking

EVEN IN HER FINAL DAYS, Gerry Largay worried about what might hurt or inconvenience her family. At her campsite, she had chopped up her credit card and buried the pieces so that no one could exploit it. She kept her driver’s license so that it would be easy to identify her. She neatly stacked her pots and pans and sealed the journal she’d been keeping in a waterproof bag, along with the instructions, George please read. XOXO. She folded her glasses and placed them into a storage pocket on her tent. Then she tucked herself into her sleeping bag for the last time.

Oh wow. That made me sad.

I can't believe how close she was to a main trail.
    n her journal, Gerry wrote that she wanted her family to know she was sorry — that no hike was more important than them. She wrote each of them a long letter, putting into words her gratitude for all they had shared and offering thoughts about how they could move forward.

“They are more than love letters,” George explains. “They are life letters.”

My deepest love to you, Gerry wrote in one of the last of them. And to all my friends. I pray to see you all in heaven.

This whole case breaks my heart.

The part where she basically apologizes, and says that no hike was ever more important than her family members, was heart wrenching. You know that she felt guilty about the whole thing at the end. How sad. She was only doing something she loved, with the support of her family, but she felt the burden of choosing to go on the ill-fated AT hike at the end.

This whole case breaks my heart.

The part where she basically apologizes, and says that no hike was ever more important than her family members, was heart wrenching. You know that she felt guilty about the whole thing at the end. How sad. She was only doing something she loved, with the support of her family, but she felt the burden of choosing to go on the ill-fated AT hike at the end.
    It is incredibly sad. She seemed like a good person, which makes it more sad.

I can't bring myself to read her last entries. Knowing that she was going to die alone, in the woods, and she was never going to see her family again is just too much. I just can't go there mentally.

I was at least hoping she had her dog to comfort her, when was he/she found?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It is incredibly sad. She seemed like a good person, which makes it more sad.

I can't bring myself to read her last entries. Knowing that she was going to die alone, in the woods, and she was never going to see her family again is just too much. I just can't go there mentally.

I was at least hoping she had her dog to comfort her, when was he/she found?
    I don't think she had a dog. She was hiking alone at this part of her journey on the AT.

I don't think she had a dog. She was hiking alone at this part of her journey on the AT.
    Ok just kidding. I think I confused this case with another one. I apologize.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I still think about this case from time to time. It breaks my heart.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-huma...=pocket-newtab

Why Humans Totally Freak Out When They Get Lost

I still think about this case from time to time. It breaks my heart.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-huma...=pocket-newtab

Why Humans Totally Freak Out When They Get Lost
    I remember watching the episode of North Woods Law where they were searching for her.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information