Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amy Stiner and Melissa Moyer died after they drove into the Atlantic Ocean

I fail to see the word stupid anywhere in those quotes. You can read into my implied statements however you like.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

No, no, stop trying to start a fight. You were clearly implying these women were stupid and you would have known better/acted smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    No, no, stop trying to start a fight. You were clearly implying these women were stupid and you would have known better/acted smarter.
    She started it!!

I did imply that I didn't get it and that yes, I would have fought like a mother fucker to get out of the car by breaking a window somehow. I would rather risk my arm, foot, leg whatever. But I also know that I have no clue what went down in that car. It's possible they tried with everything they had. Never once called them stupid, and I am not known for pussy footing around.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

i hate the world where people can say - 'i didn't say they were stupid' and actually argue that their implications don't matter because the phrasing is different - 'i said they should have tried to get out of the car and save their own lives.'

i mean, that's just me... a million people like to argue semantics on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I saw a show once about the scientific reasoning behind peoples choices/behavior in a life threatening situation. They used the example of a fire in a large building(one floor) where everyone had adequate time to get out, yet, some people lived and some died. Apparently every time something happens, your brain searches it's past experiences and then determines how to react toward the situation based on past events. If a situation is completely new to you, your brain doesn't know what to do if none of your past experiences relate to the current circumstances it will try to find some other solution while your body "freezes" up. After questioning the survivors they found out they had either had training about what to do in emergency situations or had been in an emergency situations before.
    Sorry if this is confusing, I just wanted to say the way people react to danger has nothing to do with intelligence.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i hate the world where people can say - 'i didn't say they were stupid' and actually argue that their implications don't matter because the phrasing is different - 'i said they should have tried to get out of the car and save their own lives.'

i mean, that's just me... a million people like to argue semantics on this board.
    Welcome to MyDeathspace! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I saw a show once about the scientific reasoning behind peoples choices/behavior in a life threatening situation. They used the example of a fire in a large building(one floor) where everyone had adequate time to get out, yet, some people lived and some died. Apparently every time something happens, your brain searches it's past experiences and then determines how to react toward the situation based on past events. If a situation is completely new to you, your brain doesn't know what to do if none of your past experiences relate to the current circumstances it will try to find some other solution while your body "freezes" up. After questioning the survivors they found out they had either had training about what to do in emergency situations or had been in an emergency situations before.
    Sorry if this is confusing, I just wanted to say the way people react to danger has nothing to do with intelligence.
    Like the scene in Four Brothers where he takes the clear bag over the guys head & a belt around his neck. he says if you use a black bag, they know to rip the bag to get air but if you use a clear bag, they go for the belt instead. Idk if this theory is true since I seen it in a movie but I can see the point.

You can see a picture of the road leading to the boat ramp here: http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/07/main...during_ra.html

Maybe it's time to put up a flashing, warning sign that can be seen in the fog or dark ..like "Caution ..Boat Ramp/Ocean ahead"

I can't imagine how terrified those women were to find themselves suddenly in water, car siinking and unable to escape! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

You're new here, right?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yep, everyone reacts differently in scary situations. Sometimes when someone will panic, they don't think like they normally would've. Like when I first read this story, my thought was "Why the heck would they grab the cell phone, dial, etc." My first thought would be "Foot to window, hard as I can." Easy for me to think that while I'm sitting safely behind my keyboard. No one truly knows exactly how they will react until actually in the situation. For all we know, while one called on the phone the other was trying to break windows. I've always told myself, if I'm in a scary situation, to always panic later, LOL. And if I'm ever in a situation that is as bad as these 2 ladies were, I can only hope that's what I would do.

It's nothing compared to this, but the scariest thing I think that has happened, was when my twin sister, out of nowhere, had a seizure. She had never had one before, I have never seen someone have one, and I was freaked out and so scared. Luckily my mom was there, as we both just happened to be visiting my sister at my sister's house. First thing, my mom panics and starts screaming. She's holding her screaming over and over "My baby's dying! Oh my god my baby's dying!" (We were 25 at the time, but any mother I'm sure would say something like that). Granted, when my sister was turning blue, she tried to open her mouth to give her CPR, but her jaw was clamped shut. She was trying so hard she cut my sister around her mouth with her nails. Ugh, just remembering the whole thing scares me. Anyways, when she first started seizing, my first thought was "get help now, freak out later." I immediately dialed 9-11, gave them the address & explained what was happening, and listened to the operator's instructions on what to do to help my sister. I'll never forget when she asked who was yelling, and when I said out mom, she told me to have her leave the room because she couldn't hear me over her screaming. I was like, um, she's on the other side of the house (when dialing 9-11 I told my mom to leave so I could hear). Ambulance came, and I concentrated on driving safely to the hospital (my mom didn't need another daughter hurt), making sure I went the right way so I could get there as soon as possible. Called my dad on the way, let him know what was going on and where we were. It wasn't until I was at the hospital for 5 minutes and stepped outside to smoke a cigarette, that it all set in. My knees went wobbly and I was feeling light headed and almost passed out. I just hope if I'm ever in a worse situation, I can react in the same calm way at first.

Oops, didn't mean to post so much! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

You cannot kick the glass out if a submerged car. Glass is hard enough to break in a car. If you don't have one if those tools for emergencies, have a spare spark plug. The end of a spark plug will break it. But still you have to let the water fill the car before you can even break the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    You cannot kick the glass out if a submerged car. Glass is hard enough to break in a car. If you don't have one if those tools for emergencies, have a spare spark plug. The end of a spark plug will break it. But still you have to let the water fill the car before you can even break the glass.
    If you can, wait calmly for the car to mostly fill with water, then you can open the door. Get plenty of air before the car fills up, unbuckle your seat belt, get a good grip on which way is up (harder than it sounds) and wait. Once the car is 50% or more full of water start trying to open the door...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I wonder, if by reading what to do here, my brain will go back to it and I'll do the right thing?

My first thought when I read this story was Final Destination. They got rescued only to die a short time later due to another unfortunate event.

Thread Information