Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosa Ayala-Goana (52) died after falling from the Texas Giant roller coaster

Rosa Ayala-Goana (52) died after falling from the Texas Giant roller coaster

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...r-coaster?lite
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas...00929?fref=ts#

A woman died Friday at Six Flags Over Texas near Dallas while riding the world's steepest wooden roller coaster, the park confirmed Friday night.

The identity of the woman and the circumstances of her death weren't immediately reported. The Texas Giant, a 14-story-high, 4,900-feet-long roller coaster that is among the premiere attractions at the park in Arlington, Texas, was closed, the park said in a statement.

The park said in its statement that the woman died "on" the ride, but park visitors told NBC 5 of Dallas that they saw her fall from the roller coaster shortly after 6:30 p.m. (7:30 p.m. ET). They said workers on the ride directed paramedics to her location. People waiting in line for the roller coaster said park employees asked them to get out of line after the accident.

Arlington police didn't immediately respond to a request for more information.

The Texas Giant opened in 1990 and underwent a $10 million renovation two years ago, adding a steel track to the wooden roller coaster and making the ride higher and faster. It's the steepest wooden roller coaster in the world, the park says on its website, and has a record bank of 95 degrees.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 07-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

That is fucking crazy! We were there on the 4th and they kept closing it over and over and over again. The line would move, then stop for a long while and you would see the carts going but empty. Then you would see maybe two with people in them, then again about 4 test runs without anyone on them. We went back the next day and the same thing happened. One of the rides in the park was shut down the whole day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...exas_Giant.jpg

Please someone post the pic...

My feeling is that the woman didn't lower her lap bar as far as it could go, and fell out after passing out, perhaps? So sad. And now my son has an irrational fear of roller coasters and we're going to Busch Gardens in a few days.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Carmen Brown of Arlington, who says she was next in line to ride the Texas Giant behind the woman who fell to her death this evening. She told Tanya she witnessed the woman being strapped into the ride. She was sitting next to her son.

The woman, said Brown, “basically tumbled over and you just see her son [go], ‘Ahhh.’ They didn’t secure her right. One of the employees from the park — one of the ladies — she asked her to click her more than once, and they were like, ‘As long you heard it click, you’re OK.’ Everybody else is like, ‘Click, click, click.’ Hers only clicked once. Hers was the only one that went down once, and she didn’t feel safe, but they let her still get on the ride. …

“That could have been me.”

Brown said the woman’s young son was in a seat in front of his mother.

“We heard her screaming,” Brown said. “We were like, ‘Did she just fall?’”'
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...exas_Giant.jpg

Please someone post the pic...

My feeling is that the woman didn't lower her lap bar as far as it could go, and fell out after passing out, perhaps? So sad. And now my son has an irrational fear of roller coasters and we're going to Busch Gardens in a few days.

they check them before they start it up, but its such a fast "check". The one ride there that i felt they really checked everything out thoroughly was the Batman ride.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    made me want to get back on it again It was my favorite ride there.

eta - also, that video makes it look really slow. it was super fast riding it than how it looks.
    Last edited by beli; 07-19-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I worked at 2 theme parks in my teens and early twenties. I made it a point to always bring the lap bar/shoulder harness down as far as I could go with it. Someone should have caught it if it only clicked once. Especially on a ride like that. I personally think it should have a shoulder harness, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of lap bar only coasters.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

The incident occurred shortly after 6:30 Friday evening. Witnesses, like the one below, say the restraints came undone, and the woman simply vanished off the towering ride. Others say people on the ground directed rescue workers to her location.

Literally just witnessed someone fly off of the Texas giant two seats in front of me. joshua paul fleak (@joshfleak)*July 19, 2013:

@joshfleak what the heck! How?? ? God'sLittlePrincess (@Vall_denise)

@Vall_denise*restraint came undone, coaster turned and she was gone joshua paul fleak (@joshfleak)*July 20, 2013
    Last edited by *crickets*; 07-19-2013 at 07:42 PM.

I personally think it should have a shoulder harness, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of lap bar only coasters.
    hell yeah. You get pulled up a few times. Like lifted up. They should have the shoulder harness for sure.

Man, I feel bad for her family. Just going there to have a great, family time and this happens.

I worked at 2 theme parks in my teens and early twenties. I made it a point to always bring the lap bar/shoulder harness down as far as I could go with it. Someone should have caught it if it only clicked once. Especially on a ride like that. I personally think it should have a shoulder harness, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of lap bar only coasters.
    I think you are right.regardinv inadequate lap bar. Watching that video, it looked like the g forces were pulling the one guy right out of his seat.
    A little slack with that bar and it is easy to see that happening. Tragic.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

I am a big chicken so I do not do big drops- except on water rides

Man, now I have the hibby jibbies. My oldest rode this one and a large one in San Antonio (rattler). He's skinny and a tiny little thing. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.....

I was fine with it because I rode it the night before and there were kids his age riding it, so when he and my husband wanted to ride it the next day, i said it was okay. aye.

With witnesses hearing her ask for her lapbar to be tightened, I wonder if they can be sued because she was basically ignored.
    Last edited by beli; 07-19-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Oh, they'll be sued. No doubt about that.

that roller coaster looks awesome!! its unfortunate that this woman fell out - god knows if i didnt feel safe i would get the hell off. I witnessed a heavy woman on the batman ride at six flags great adventures over here in jersey, that had THREE attendants PUSH the shoulder harness on her so that it would click into the crotch piece. (imagine like a car seat). the attendants walked away and the harness unclicked and the woman panicked and got off the ride.
    It was embarrassing for the woman, because people on line were snickering at her but the best thing she did was get off the ride.

the texas giant is a lot like El toro, but it the tunnel and the curves of Texas Giant has El Toro beat.

for POV skip to 1:10
    you can see kingda ka in the background.

Jersey does have the highest roller coaster in the world, i believe, 457 ft high - the view from the top is amazing.
    if someone falls off of that, theyre super fucked.

omg! i love roller coasters! my parents are taking me to knots soon. now i'm scared. i'm going to watch final destination to prepare!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

My kids go to Cedar Point all the time. They do that summer pass thing.

7 people got hurt there yesterday on "shoot the Rapids"

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...t?sf15198741=1

The Dallas Morning News interviewed an Arlington woman who said she was next in line to ride the Texas Giant and watched as employees fastened the woman into her seat.

“One of the employees from the park — one of the ladies — [the victim] asked her to click her more than once, and they were like, ‘As long you heard it click, You’re OK,’ Carmen Brown said. “Everybody else is like, ‘Click, click, click.’ Hers only clicked once. Hers was the only one that went down once, and she didn’t feel safe, but they let her still get on the ride. That could have been me.”

Brown said the woman’s young son was in a seat in front of his mother.

“We heard her screaming,” Brown said. The woman “basically tumbled over and you just see her son [say], ‘Ahhh!’ They didn’t secure her right.”

John and Darlene Putman of Rockwall said they were in line to ride the Texas Giant as the car in which the woman had been riding returned. The Putmans said they could see an agitated man and woman in their 20s get out.

“They were screaming, ‘My mom! My mom! Let us out, we need to go get her!’” John Putman said.

Ride operators talked to the couple, and one operator got on a phone. Then they put on helmets and headed for an area under the coaster, the Putmans said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07...#storylink=cpy

fuck man, most of those operators are teens - i couldnt imagine that theyre mentally ready or trained to go under a rollercoaster and retrieve or witness a dead body that has fallen from a coaster.

yikes. i think, one of the first articles on mds that i joined in on was about a kid in atl that climbed fences and was decapitated by the dangling feet of people riding the coaster, while retrieving a hat. (IRONY)

I had a dream when I was a kid that I flew out of a rollercoaster as it was going down a steep hill. Ever since I have been completely terrified of them. There's only like, 3 at Cedar Point that I can ride without complete panic taking over.

That poor woman. My legs are shaking just thinking about it.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    I witnessed a heavy woman on the batman ride at six flags great adventures over here in jersey, that had THREE attendants PUSH the shoulder harness on her so that it would click into the crotch piece. (imagine like a car seat). the attendants walked away and the harness unclicked and the woman panicked and got off the ride.
    It was embarrassing for the woman, because people on line were snickering at her but the best thing she did was get off the ride.

THIS! A few carts before we got on, there was this heavy man wanting to ride, and it took two guys about 6 times to get it to click. I would have gotten off.

That is what is making me wonder about what happened. Either she was teeny teeny tiny and obviously got worried if it only clicked once, or was extremely large and should not have been on if it only clicked once. Either way, tragic.

Also, I guess I need to look this up, but the Titan had the Texas Giant beat as far as a steep drop. That was super scary but at the same time awesome as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Oh, they'll be sued. No doubt about that.
    Especially because the woman was overheard saying she didnt feel secure enough. Her death seems like a nightmare come true. I cannot even imagine how scared she was. Her son is going to need a lot of therapy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    omg! i love roller coasters! my parents are taking me to knots soon. now i'm scared. i'm going to watch final destination to prepare!
    I remembered a woman falling out of a ride at Knotts Berry Farms way back, I did not realize it was a log flume ride though.

This wikipedia article has a listing of all of the incidents at Cedar Fairs Parks - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inciden...dar_Fair_parks

And along the same lines- incidents at Six Flags parks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inciden...ix_Flags_parks

Thread Information