Thread: Ahlittia North, 6yrs - mother wakes to open door, missing child, Harvey, Jefferson Parish

Ahlittia North, 6yrs - mother wakes to open door, missing child, Harvey, Jefferson Parish

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...her_wakes.html

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office reported Saturday morning that detectives are investigating the case of a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her apartment in Harvey sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning.

The mother said she saw her child sleeping about 11 p.m. Friday, but when the mother awoke about 9 a.m. Saturday, she found that her front door was open, her child was missing and many of her daughter's personal belongings were gone, according to John Fortunato, spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

While the Jefferson Sheriff's Office originally reported the missing child's name as Ahitta Hill, Fortunato said Saturday afternoon that the girl's name actually is Ahlitta North. She went missing from a residence in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey. There were no signs of forced entry, Fortunato said.

Fortunato said that Ahitta was last seen wearing a gray tank top with pink pajama pants. She has black, shoulder-length, braided hair, he said.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this child or about her disappearance is asked to contact the JPSO Missing Persons Bureau at 504.364.5300 or Crimestoppers at 504.822.1111 or toll-free at 877.903.7867.

Tips also can be texted to Crimestoppers at C-R-I-M-E-S (274637); text TELLCS and then the crime information. Callers or texters do not have to give their names or testify.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/JPSO...215376901.html

HARVEY, La. -- For more than 12 hours Saturday investigators canvassed a Harvey neighborhood for 6-year-old Ahlitta North, who vanished from her parent's home in the middle of the night.

It's been nearly 24 hours seen she was last seen and still investigators haven't turned up a lead.

"This started at 9 a.m. this morning, so it concerns us greatly that we haven't even received one tip," said Colonel John Fortunato with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

Now, as every minute passes by, her family is fearing the worst.

"I just hope she is alive and that somebody sees her and brings her home," said Lakeitha Felo.

North's mother told police she put her daughter to bed at 11 the night before..

But when she woke up Saturday, the front door was open and North was gone.

Also missing was the 6-year-old's blanket, toothbrush and toothpaste.

Investigators say they are concerned because there was no sign of forced entry.

"We have gone door to door to every one of this apartment complexes," said Fortunato. "We've checked garbage cans, we have gone to the next street over conducting canvasses of people in and around that area."

Other police agencies have been called in to help in the search, including members of the FBI.

So far, investigators have focused their search in the thick, wooded area just across from the girl's home, as well as Max Drive just behind the apartment complex.

Family members are also doing what they can.. Passing out flyers to people around the neighborhood.

Police are looking to the family for clues. They say it's not like the young girl to wander off, so they are wondering if it is someone close to the family, that may have taken her.

Search for Ahlitta North

Someone close to the family? Ya think?? Toothbrush, toothpaste and her blanket?
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/Body...tml?hpt=ju_bn5

Poor baby-she has been found in a dumpster in the apartment complex. The following is from the linked article:

On Monday afternoon, JPSO released the identity of a person of interest in relation to North's disappearance. Matthew Flugence, 20, is the nephew of North's stepfather, according to the sheriff's office. His exact connection to the case was unclear.
    Flugence has an outstanding warrant against him for an alleged sexual battery of an 11-year-old. He lived on the same block of Destrehan Avenue as North, JPSO said.
    "Flugence remains a person of interest, and we have yet to locate him," according to JPSO Col. John Fortunato.

Monday evening, deputies identified 20-year-old Matthew Flugence as a person of interest in the missing girl case.

FOX 8 spoke Monday night with Ahlitta's mother, who tells us Flugence is actually her husband's nephew. Lisa North says Flugence has babysat her kids before, and she seemed surprised that Flugence was named a person of interest.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/228471...girl-continues

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I am guessing that the mom did not know that the nephew had a warrant out for alleged sexual battery of an 11 yo. Would she have let him babysit if she knew? Maybe the step-dad did not know either--of course, the nephew has not been named a suspect, just a person of interest bc of his warrant.

this is a photo of the ahlitta in the clothes she was wearing when she disappeared. They look like surveillance camera stills, but it doesn't say that it is.

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/Body...tml?hpt=ju_bn5

Poor baby-she has been found in a dumpster in the apartment complex. The following is from the linked article:

On Monday afternoon, JPSO released the identity of a person of interest in relation to North's disappearance. Matthew Flugence, 20, is the nephew of North's stepfather, according to the sheriff's office. His exact connection to the case was unclear.
    Flugence has an outstanding warrant against him for an alleged sexual battery of an 11-year-old. He lived on the same block of Destrehan Avenue as North, JPSO said.
    "Flugence remains a person of interest, and we have yet to locate him," according to JPSO Col. John Fortunato.

:( I'd really hoped this one was going to turn out ok when they said the toothbrush etc went missing too. Damn. Fuck. Grrr. This is an awful week of news (except for the boy on the bike rescuing the other, much luckier little girl, that story made me cry in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    :( I'd really hoped this one was going to turn out ok when they said the toothbrush etc went missing too. Damn. Fuck. Grrr. This is an awful week of news (except for the boy on the bike rescuing the other, much luckier little girl, that story made me cry in a good way)

I know what you mean, I was hoping it was custody related bc of the items you mentioned. :(

Maybe he came into her room and woke her up, tricked her into thinking she was having a sleepover, staying the night somewhere else, so she grabbed her blanket and toothbrush? Just a thought that popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    A Louisiana man was arrested Wednesday in the death of a 6-year-old girl whose body was found stuffed in a trash can with multiple stab wounds, police said.
    Matthew Flugence, 20, was questioned by detectives for hours before he was taken into custody, Fox8Live.com reported. He was apprehended without incident and was carrying a knife at the time of his arrest, police said.

Ahlittia North disappeared late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Her body was found just feet from the Harvey apartment where she lived with very aggressive stab wounds to the neck that likely were the cause of her death, authorities said. There were two more stab wounds to the abdomen and numerous bruises. Results were pending on whether she had been sexually assaulted.

Ahlittia's family discovered her missing, and the door to their apartment open, Saturday morning. Authorities combing the area of apartments, some abandoned, found a pool of blood in the back of one unit a few buildings away, near numerous spent bullet casings and one live round.

When DNA test results on the pool of blood became available Monday night, they showed that it was Ahlittia's. That sparked another search of the area, this time leading to the girls partially decomposed body in a trash bag in the previously searched trash can, authorities said.

Authorities said there was no sign of forced entry at the girls residence. The door was believed to have been locked from the inside when the family went to bed. He added that it wouldn't have been unusual for Ahlittia to have opened the door for someone outside.

We have heard from a number of witnesses: She was a very outgoing child, very friendly, Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand said. She was one that, if someone knocked on the door, rang the doorbell, she wanted to be the first to the door.
    Flugence faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of Ahlittia, and there is an outstanding warrant on a charge of sexual battery involving an 11-year old Harvey girl.

Investigation turned up a link between Flugence and the alleged sexual battery of an 11-year-old. There is no evidence that the girls mother and stepfather knew about that when they left the girl in Flugences care.
    Flugence's brother, Russell Flugence, was arrested earlier Tuesday and charged with obstruction of justice after Normand said he had information implicating his brother in the murder and did not come forward.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/17...#ixzz2ZcctEGq3

RIP Ahlittia

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_6-year-.html

Matthew Flugence claimed 6-year-old Ahlittia North seduced him before he killed her

(Sept. 18, 2013) Booked with one of Jefferson Parish's most heinous child slayings, Matthew Flugence allegedly confessed to a detective that 6-year-old Ahlittia North seduced him behind a row of Harvey apartment buildings, spreading out a blanket on the ground and enticing him into having intercourse.

"In his words, the little girl, she wanted to have sex with him," Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Detective Travis Eserman testified Wednesday during a preliminary examination.

The detective said Flugence told him he had sex with the girl on July 14, the day she was killed. "That's when he snapped," Eserman testified. Flugence stabbed her four times and watched her fall to the blanket writhing in pain, Eserman testified.

"He said he just watched her die," Eserman testified, adding that Flugence carried on with his day. "He goes to a family birthday party," the detective testified.

Two days later, following a wide search of Harvey's Woodmere subdivision, deputies found her body. She had been wrapped in a blanket and put inside a garbage bag, then dumped in a residential trash bin that was rolled out to the curb on Destrehan Avenue near where she lived.

The autopsy revealed that North had been stabbed twice in the lower abdomen and twice in the neck, Eserman testified.

After hearing the testimony, Magistrate Commissioner Patricia Joyce of the 24th Judicial District Court ruled that the Sheriff's Office has sufficient evidence to continue holding Flugence in jail on a charge of first-degree murder. She also denied a request by Flugence's attorneys for a bond for their client.

Flugence also is held on a charge of sexual battery, for allegedly touching a 10-year-old girl's genitals in April or May of 2012. Sheriff's Office Detective Ronald David Ray testified Wednesday that the girl, who is related to Flugence, disclosed the incident on July 14. Ahlittia also had family ties to Flugence: His uncle was her stepfather, authorities have said.

Jefferson Parish public defenders Paul Fleming Jr. and Cesar Vasquez, both qualified to defend suspects charged with capital offenses, sought the hearing last month, to determine whether the Sheriff's Office had probable cause to arrest Flugence.

The Jefferson Parish district attorney's office has not filed charges in the case. Assistant District Attorney Sunny Funk, who is screening the case, gave no indication of whether prosecutors would seek a first-degree murder indictment and death penalty.

It's unclear whether the defense attorneys will seek a mental evaluation for Flugence in an attempt to head off a capital prosecution. Under a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling, mentally retarded people are exempt from the death penalty under the Constitution's 8th Amendment ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Flugence gave four recorded statements, the last of which was his admission to stabbing Ahlittia, Eserman testified. In the statements, Flugence appeared to concede to an array of details. For instance, explaining why bullet casings were found near Ahlittia's blood, Flugence allegedly claimed he shot the girl, Eserman testified. However there's no evidence she was shot.

"In his first statement, he says he shot her," Eserman testified. "Then he goes into, 'I don't know how she was hurt. There was just blood.'"

Of the weapon he allegedly used to stab the child, "He described it as a sword at one point. And he advised it was a pocket knife," Eserman testified.

Flugence's brother, Russell Flugence, 21, was charged Tuesday with failing to report a felony. He pleaded not guilty during his arraignment hearing Wednesday, and Joyce ordered the public defenders office to appoint a lawyer to the case.

Eserman testified that Russell Flugence admitted on July 14, the day of the homicide, that his brother told him he killed Ahlittia. That led the Sheriff's Office to obtain an arrest warrant for Matthew Flugence, Eserman said.

Deputies arrested Matthew Flugence on July 16, after he was spotted walking on Victory Drive in Westwego. He was carrying a pocket knife that he allegedly said he used to kill Ahlittia.

Eserman said the Sheriff's Office Crime Lab was still processing the knife for evidence. The blanket in which Ahlittia's body was found also was still being processed for evidence, he said. The autopsy, meanwhile, revealed no evidence of sexual activity.

Questioned by Fleming, Eserman said the state Office of Child Services had investigated Ahlittia's family for allegations they sexually abused her. "Other family members were accused at one point," Eserman testified. He provided no details of those allegations but said those relatives were cleared of involvement in the homicide.

If prosecutors seek the death penalty, it would be the first first-degree murder indictment since November 2005, when Isaiah Doyle of Marrero was charged with killing a store clerk during an armed robbery. Doyle has since been convicted and sentenced to die. Currently, no one in Jefferson Parish is charged with a capital offense.

Prosecutors could also pursue a second-degree murder indictment, which carries a mandatory life sentence in prison upon conviction. A finding of a mental defect would have no effect on a second-degree murder case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

As if the article I posted the other day isn't sickening enough ...

This article from a couple of months ago about Ahlittia's short life is very disturbing. Even though no one was charged with abusing her, it sure sounds like someone was messing with this little girl for a while. It's an incredibly long story, so I only pasted about half of it, but I recommend clicking on the link to read the entire thing.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworlea...-itstragic-end

Girl's life troubled before its tragic end

(July 31, 2013) Even before she was reported missing earlier this month, Ahlittia North was a lost child.

During her short life, she was bounced around among relatives in the Baton Rouge area, lived in a rundown motel in a shady part of the capital, spent nearly a year with another relative in north Texas and was interviewed by police amid claims that her stepfather had been molesting her.

The discovery of her tiny body stuffed in a Harvey trash can, after she was brutally stabbed to death, marked a sad end for a girl who faced long odds from the start.

Much of her story is documented in a Baton Rouge police report filed on the sex-abuse allegations, which investigators determined to be inconclusive.

Ahlittia was born to Lisa North when North was 14.

Ahlittia's father, Mark Johnson, was never really involved in his daughter's life because he was jailed shortly after her birth. Ahlittia's grandmother, Rene Johnson, told police that Mark Johnson was arrested for "messing with a minor."

Albert Hill, the man Ahlittia would come to know as "Daddy," came into her life in 2007 when she was still a toddler. But almost from the start, the relationship between him and Lisa North was fraught with questionable behavior and criminal activity.

Attempts to contact Hill and Lisa North by phone and in person for this story were unsuccessful.

Hill was 41 and North was 15 when they met, according to an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office report.

But North told Hill that she was 20, according to the report, and the two began a sexual relationship. Within two months of meeting, they moved in together at Hill?s home in the 1800 block of Spanishtown Road.

Soon after, Hill learned North's real age, but the relationship continued. North's mother and grandmother eventually moved into the home and gave their blessing to the couple, according to the report.

In October 2009, North was arrested for stealing a credit card from Hill?s boss and maxing it out, according to a Baton Rouge Police Department report.

While investigating that crime, authorities learned of the sexual relationship between Hill and North, and they arrested Hill for carnal knowledge of a juvenile.

That case fizzled, though. North, who soon reached adult status in the eyes of the state, requested that Hill not be prosecuted, so charges were never filed, said East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III.

After North's arrest, Hill's boss said he would lose his job if he did not end the relationship.

So Hill moved North into a room at the Alamo Plaza Motel on Florida Street in Baton Rouge.

Then, at 2 years old, in late 2009 or early 2010, Ahlittia was sent to live with another relative, Brandalyn Thomas, in Donaldsonville as a way to get her out of the unsafe environment. That marked the beginning of a transient existence and several attempts for others to take custody of her.

Attempts to contact Thomas for this story were unsuccessful, but she told police that Ahlittia would return to Baton Rouge on the weekends to see her mother and Hill. Within four to six months, though, the girl began to cry on a regular basis.

Thomas, according to the police report, assumed it was because she missed her mother. She sent Ahlittia back to her mother's room at the motel full time, although not without reservations.

Thomas continued to call North to check on Ahlittia, but North would always tell her the girl was at her grandmother's home or with another relative.

Then, North stopped answering Thomas? calls, according to the police report. Rene Johnson eventually told Thomas that Ahlittia was in Arlington, Texas.

Ahlittia lived there with LaTasha Miskell, one of Hill's cousins, and her husband from April 2010 to December 2010. Hill would later tell police he had only met Miskell three times in his life.

Miskell became very attached to the girl. She told The New Orleans Advocate by email that she and her husband raised the girl as their own while she lived with them.

"She called me Mommy, my husband Daddy, and we had plans to adopt her," Miskell wrote.

Those plans, however, seemed to set in motion Ahlittia's return to Louisiana, into her mother's and Hill's care.

Miskell had told North that she wanted to enroll Ahlittia in school. To do so, Miskell told North, she would need full custody.

North told police that she refused that request, and granted only temporary custody.

Shortly after that, Miskell called North with some disturbing news: Ahlittia said her stepfather had sexually assaulted her.

North asked to speak to her daughter.

North asked Ahlittia if Hill had ever touched her inappropriately. "No," she responded.

In the background, North told police, she could hear Miskell talking to the girl.

"Didn't you tell me that Albert touched you?" Miskell asked, according to the police report.

"Yes," Ahlittia said.

Miskell reported the allegations to Arlington police, who notified BRPD about the situation in August 2011, at which point they began their investigation.

North told Baton Rouge police that Miskell was not able to have children of her own, and thus wanted to keep Ahlittia. She said Miskell was "coaching" the girl to say that Hill had touched her inappropriately.

After an initial exchange, Miskell has not returned subsequent phone calls or emails from The Advocate.

North told police that after the phone call from Miskell, she confronted Hill about the claims, which he denied.

A few months later, Thomas retrieved Ahlittia from Miskell.

Miskell told Thomas that Ahlittia had begun to have nightmares, and that she had been sexually abused by Hill.

Once home, Thomas asked Ahlittia about those claims. Yes, the girl said this time, Hill had touched her inappropriately, and he had her touch him as well.

Thomas told police that it was apparent through Ahlittia's statements that, at the very least, she had seen North and Hill having sex.

When Thomas told North about the conversation, North told her to "press charges," according to the police report. That did not happen.

Ahlittia lived with Thomas for the next month. During that time, Thomas said, the girl displayed odd behavior she had not exhibited last time she stayed with Thomas, including lowering her shorts while in bed with a young male relative and trying to get him to lower his pants.

When Thomas asked Ahlittia why she did that, the girl said she didn't know.

Read more: http://theadvocate.com/news/neworlea...-itstragic-end
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Poor little girl. I will never, never understand the people that hurt kids. I just don't get it. The world must've been such a cold & scary place for her, but she still managed a smile in every picture.

Would one of our wonderfully sweet and helpful mods please correct the spelling of her name in the title? It's missing the second "i" ... should be Ahlittia. (A terrible spelling of "Alicia," I'm guessing.) Also, she's not missing anymore.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...on_parish.html

In rare move, Jefferson Parish DA to seek death penalty for Ahlittia North murder defendant

(Nov. 14, 2013) Eight years after he last authorized a capital prosecution, Jefferson Parish District Attorney Paul Connick Jr. said Thursday his office will seek the death penalty for the Marrero man accused of fatally stabbing 6-year-old Ahlittia North. The disclosure came after a grand jury charged Matthew Flugence, 20, with first-degree murder of Ahlittia, who was stabbed in the neck and deposited in a garbage can along a Harvey street.

"In keeping with the office policy, I can't comment on the specific facts of the case except to say that we believe the circumstances involved warrant the death penalty," Connick said. "And we will be seeking it."

Until Thursday, a Jefferson grand jury hadn't handed up a first-degree murder indictment since November 2005, when Isaiah Doyle was charged with gunning down a Marrero store clerk despite her complying with his robbery demands. Doyle has been convicted and sentenced to die.

Capital cases are enormously expensive, in part because appeals stretch on for years. And death sentences are declining. Last year, 78 people were sentenced in the United States to execution, the second-fewest since the death penalty was reinstated in in 1976, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, which opposes capital punishment. Four states -- Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Arizona -- accounted for 75 percent of last year's death sentences.

Connick, who took office in 1997, initially oversaw numerous death penalty cases. By the time his first six-year term ended, 10 people were sentenced to death in Jefferson, helping make the parish one of the top three in the state to populate Death Row.

Of late, however, his office has brought fewer capital cases. Since 2004, Jefferson has prosecuted only three first-degree murder cases, and of them, only two ended in death sentences -- Doyle and Dustin "Shorty" Dressner, who was convicted of killing a Marrero resident during a home invasion.

Flugence is currently the only person in Jefferson charged with a capital offense, making his case a rarity at 24th Judicial District Court. His public defender, Paul Fleming Jr., who has been assigned to represent him with Cesar Vazquez, did not respond to a request for comment. Richie Tompson, Jefferson's chief public defender, would not discuss the financial impact that the capital case will have on his budget.

Ahlittia was abducted from her mother's apartment in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey in the early hours of July 13, setting in motion a frantic search by the Sheriff's Office. While canvassing the neighborhoods along the west side of the Harvey Canal, deputies found a pool of her blood behind an apartment building in the 2800 block of Destrehan.

Three days later, they found her decaying body wrapped in a plastic garbage bags and a blanket and stuffed in a garbage can that had been rolled to the curb. She died from the two deep cuts to her neck, authorities said.

Flugence's uncle is married to Ahlittia's mother. He had briefly lived with her family and babysat for the girl. He was arrested three days after her body was found.

After he was indicted Thursday, District Judge Conn Regan ordered Flugence held without bond in the parish jail. His arraignment is scheduled Monday.

The Sheriff's Office detective who led the investigation, Travis Eserman, testified during a probable cause hearing in September that Flugence reported encountering the 6-year-old girl on Destrehan Avenue. Flugence said she essentially seduced him. "In his words, the little girl, she wanted to have sex with him," Eserman testified.

Flugence told investigators they went behind an apartment building, where the girl spread out a blanket. After the act, Flugence supposedly snapped, stabbed the girl and watched her die, Eserman testified.

Peter Scharf, a criminologist affiliated with Tulane University, said sex offenders commonly blame their victims. "Part of the sex offender syndrome is believing the other people are the seductress, no matter how young they are," said Scharf, who is not involved in the Flugence case.

The grand jury also charged Flugence with aggravated rape of another girl, who alleged Flugence sexually violated her. He had been booked with the lesser charge of sexual battery, which involves inappropriate touching. Regan set Flugence's rape bond at $500,000.

He also was indicted on a charge of unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling. That's for allegedly breaking into his ex-girlfriend's home in Harvey on July 13, the day Ahlittia died. Regan set bond on the charge at $100,000.

His brother, Russell Flugence, 21, awaits trial on a charge of failing to report a felony. He is accused of withholding from detectives his knowledge of his brother's role in Ahlittia's death. In a recent court hearing, a detective testified that Russell Flugence admitted his brother told him of killing Ahlittia.

In a 2009 interview with The Times-Picayune, Connick said he was not shying away from the death penalty, but he said his office's view of capital punishment had evolved. Prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges "have to do the perfect case" in capital prosecutions, which receive a high level of scrutiny by higher courts.

"It has to be, in our opinion, the worst of the worst," Connick said then. "The facts of the case have to be heinous."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ds_not_gu.html

Matthew Flugence pleads not guilty to killing Ahlittia North, other charges

(Nov. 18, 2013) Standing quietly beside his attorneys in a Jefferson Parish courtroom Monday, Matthew Flugence, the diminutive Marrero man accused of killing 6-year-old Ahlittia North, pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge that could land him on Death Row if he's eventually convicted. It was Flugence's first court appearance since a grand jury indicted him last week on charges of fatally stabbing the girl after she disappeared from the Harvey apartment where she had lived.

"We enter a plea of not guilty, your honor," Paul Fleming Jr. told Judge Robert Pitre of the 24th Judicial District during the minutes-long arraignment.

Flugence, 20, also was indicted with aggravated rape involving a 10-year-old girl, who told authorities he abused her at some point between April 2012 and July. The Sheriff's Office initially booked Flugence with sexual battery in the incident, but the grand jury charged him with the more serious crime.

He also was indicted with unauthorized entry into an inhabited dwelling. Police say he broke into his ex-girlfriend's Chipwood Drive home in Harvey's Woodmere subdivision on the same day Ahilittia was killed, and used a kitchen knife to pin his identification card to her bedroom wall.

Several people in Pitre's courtroom, including a jailed inmate sitting near the defendant and some in the audience, stared at Flugence as the clerk read the bills of indictment. Flugence said nothing aloud during the brief hearing, and conferred only with his attorneys.

Any guesses what "liquid substance" Flugence threw in a fellow inmate's face?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ed_on_bat.html

Matthew Flugence booked on battery charge; accused of assaulting inmate at Gretna jail

(Nov. 21, 2013) Matthew Flugence, the Marrero man accused of stabbing 6-year-old Ahlittia North to death, was booked with battery after authorities say he charged a fellow inmate at the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna and threw an unidentified "liquid substance" in the inmate's face. The incident occurred Sunday night (Nov. 17) around 11:30 p.m. at the jail, located at 100 Dolhonde St., according to a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office arrest report.

Corrections officers conducting roll call ordered Flugence, 20, out of his cell for a security check. Flugence walked out holding a "white paper cup" in his hands. He told the officer, "No disrespect, sergeant," then ran over to a another cell and dashed the inmate inside with the liquid, the report said. The other inmate, a 33-year-old man from Westwego, was not otherwise injured.

The corrections officers ordered Flugence back to his cell and rearrested him, booking him with simple battery.

Court hearing in Ahlittia North murder case continued to July

Matthew Flugence, accused of abducting 6-year-old Ahlittia North from her Harvey home and killing her, must return to court July 27 for an update on his case. Judge Adrian Adams of the 24th Judicial District Court granted attorneys a continuance during a status hearing Monday (May 18).

Ahlittia's parents reported her missing early June 13, 2013, from their apartment in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue. After a three-day search, authorities found the girl's body inside a garbage bin just steps away from their apartment.

In addition to first-degree murder, Flugence is charged with aggravated rape. He has pleaded not guilty, saying the girl seduced him.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ttia_nort.html

Thanks for the update, luvit. This case sickens me. So much. Ugh.

I check for updates every couple of months, and there have been some delays as his lawyers wait for state funding for his death penalty defense.

I hope the upcoming hearing doesn't lead to more delays, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Fucking sick fuck. Done. This tops my day
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

OMG. My head has officially exploded.

Fuck him. Fuck him a million times over.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

The best part of this guy's case is his fucking plea. In what world...why...what shitty lawyer told him that was a good idea....byeeeee.

Damn. I thought from the moment this guy was arrested that this little girl was raped before she was murdered. I read Tup's articles when she posted them & somehow never noticed any of this.
    I hope they have more than just his statements because if the articles are accurate & they've mentioned the death penalty exemption for mentally retarded people because there are definite issues with this guy, then this is hitting just about every false confession alarm bell in existence.

Some of the details re the sexual assault charge against him that relates to another little girl & dates back to mid 2012 are a bit odd too. If the article's accurate this other little girl confided the assault to family members on July 14 - which is also the day of the murder, only no-one except her killer knew that at the time ( no-one knew where she was for 2 days after). I guess if it's an older kid she might've spoken up when Ahlittia went mising though.

From Tup's first article above.

It's unclear whether the defense attorneys will seek a mental evaluation for Flugence in an attempt to head off a capital prosecution. Under a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling, mentally retarded people are exempt from the death penalty under the Constitution's 8th Amendment ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Flugence gave four recorded statements, the last of which was his admission to stabbing Ahlittia, Eserman testified. In the statements, Flugence appeared to concede to an array of details. For instance, explaining why bullet casings were found near Ahlittia's blood, Flugence allegedly claimed he shot the girl, Eserman testified. However there's no evidence she was shot.

"In his first statement, he says he shot her," Eserman testified. "Then he goes into, 'I don't know how she was hurt. There was just blood.'"

Of the weapon he allegedly used to stab the child, "He described it as a sword at one point. And he advised it was a pocket knife," Eserman testified.
    <<snipped>>

Deputies arrested Matthew Flugence on July 16, after he was spotted walking on Victory Drive in Westwego. He was carrying a pocket knife that he allegedly said he used to kill Ahlittia.

Eserman said the Sheriff's Office Crime Lab was still processing the knife for evidence.

The blanket in which Ahlittia's body was found also was still being processed for evidence, he said.

The autopsy, meanwhile, revealed no evidence of sexual activity

I literally haven't slept for days though. Maybe this never stood out to me before for a reason.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-07-2015 at 05:08 PM.

What a sad little life :( Poor baby.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworlea...-north-in-2013

Matthew Flugence avoids death penalty in plea deal for 2013 murder of 6-year-old in Harvey

(March 24, 2016) Matthew Flugence, the first defendant in Jefferson Parish charged with capital murder since 2005, avoided a possible death sentence Thursday by accepting a plea deal that will send him to prison for the rest of his life for the brutal killing of 6-year-old Ahlittia North in 2013.

The girl's overnight disappearance from her bedroom in her mother's apartment in the Woodmere subdivision of Harvey kicked off a two-day search across the West Bank that ended July 15 with a gruesome discovery: her body, stuffed in a garbage can just six doors down from the Destrehan Avenue fourplex from which she had vanished.

She had been stabbed four times, twice in the abdomen and twice in the neck. Her body was wrapped in the blanket missing from her room.

Flugence, a 22-year-old neighbor who had been North's babysitter in the past, was identified as a suspect and arrested the next day in Westwego.

Investigators said he told them he found Ahlittia outside of the apartment early the morning of July 13 and killed her before going to a family birthday party.

The case drew further outrage that November, when a detective testified that Flugence told police that the child had initiated sex with him, although her autopsy showed no signs of sexual activity.

The gallery of the 24th Judicial District courtroom in Gretna was packed Thursday for his guilty plea and sentencing. Ahlittia?s family members and law enforcement officers who worked on the case were among those on hand.

Jefferson Parish District Attorney Paul Connick's office agreed to drop some lesser charges and to not pursue the death penalty in exchange for a guilty plea to first-degree murder.

Flugence delivered a series of "yes, sir" answers to questions from Judge Adrian Adams and made no sound as Ahlittia's mother, who tearfully described herself as "a shattered woman with a broken heart," called him "pure evil" during victim-impact testimony.

"It's hard to get what that monster -- that animal, the defendant -- did out of my mind," Lisa North said.

"My daughter Ahlittia is gone," she said. "Not just missing, she's gone forever."

North said she has never hated anyone until Flugence shattered her life by killing her daughter and making "unspeakable and unthinkable claims" about her.

"For the rest of my life, I will feel the guilt that I was not there when she needed me," North testified. "She died terrified and alone at the hands of an evil monster."

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorneys Doug Freese and Sunny Funk. Flugence was represented by Paul Fleming and Cesar Vazquez, of the parish Public Defenders Office.

Fleming said after the short hearing that the plea deal was in the best interest of his client and everyone involved. North's family left without comment.

Connick issued a statement saying the North family agreed to the plea arrangement and was thankful for it.

"This outcome gives peace to Ahlittia's family, who have been spared the painful experience of reliving the horrible events during the trial," Connick said. "Justice has been served."

The charges against Flugence that were dropped included one of aggravated rape of a victim under 13 years old, which was tied to allegations that he had sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl shortly before killing Ahlittia. The other charges were unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling and two counts of battery on a corrections officer and resisting arrest.

Flugence waived his appeal rights and will spend the rest of his life in jail with no possibility of parole, probation or suspended sentence.

In 2014, Russell Flugence admitted his brother told him he killed North but he didn?t report it to police. He pleaded guilty to failing to report a felony and was sentenced to one year in prison.

There are now no open death penalty cases in 24th Judicial District Court. When Flugence was indicted in November 2013, it was the first time anyone had been charged with capital murder since 2005, when Isaiah Doyle was indicted for the killing of a Marrero store clerk. He was convicted in 2011 and sentenced to die by lethal injection.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    That egg donor's sob story is pathetic, she was NEVER there for her daughter when she was needed, her desperate need for depraved men in her life sickens me. The entire family seem to be a bunch of sickos who covered one another's arses. That poor child never stood a chance. Where were Social Services throughout Ahlittia's short life? The warning signs couldn't have been clearer. R.I.P Ahlittia. :-(

Thread Information