Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty in action - issues updates and the ongoing debate

You're thinking of Clayton Lockett, who raped and killed a 19 year old girl. He is the one who had the yucky execution. Charles Warner is the gross piece of shit who fucked and killed a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    You're thinking of Clayton Lockett, who raped and killed a 19 year old girl. He is the one who had the yucky execution. Charles Warner is the gross piece of shit who fucked and killed a baby.
    Gay, so lockett did rape his victim. When I first read about this the conviction/crime list included rape but future articles about just Lockett omitted it for some reason so I thought I was mixing him up with Warner.

Thanks.

When I first read the news about this in an article with reference to a 'Botched Execution' my first 2 thoughts were:

1) It killed him didn't it, so not truly botched
    2) Shame that the next man (baby rapist) did not die the same painful way.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    People are seriously WAY too excited that someone died a horrible death. We had lynching postcards not too long ago, guys.
    http://withoutsanctuary.org

All this celebrating is gross. Should we make them public? Would you like the beef or the chicken while you watch someone suffer and die? Oh, and can you remind me again how you're better and different from the killer since you don't take pleasure in suffering? Take your time.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 05-01-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I've always thought that a public execution would be the most successful reality show of all time.

I thought this article was interesting. The below quote is clipped from part way into the article, here is the link to the full article: http://gawker.com/a-brief-history-of...ica-1569812432

It is a matter of historical record that executions are quite often botched. Lockett's may seem particularly grotesque at the moment, but today's horror simply obscures the fact that we've been here before. Lethal injection, in fact, was brought in to make the process feel more palatable to supporters of the death penalty, more clinical and under control. Hangings occasionally resulted in either decapitation or slow strangulation. Criminals put in the electric chair had an inconvenient way of smoking, or outright catching on fire. Gas chambers sometimes resulted in cases like that of Jimmy Lee Gray, who died in 1983 while audibly moaning and banging his head against a pole in the chamber.

The turn to drugs hoped to make things less obviously gruesome. It has never, not completely, worked out that way. Raymond Landry, executed in 1988, also spent more than 40 minutes on the gurney groaning before he died; the catheter had popped out. John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer, saw his execution halted when the drugs unexpectedly solidified in the tubes delivering them.

Convulsions, moaning, coughing, gasping: these are words commonly used to describe the last moments of these killers. It's a hard business to kill healthy human beings, in the end, no matter how well you scrub the room, and how expertly the catheter is inserted. And there is an important symbolism in the way that when these things go wrong, as they did with Lockett, the authorities close the blinds and try to hide the actual suffering from view.

Granted, actual suffering doesn't tend to move those who support the death penalty, who see ironic justice rather than straightforward congruence in the fact that the state killed Clayton Lockett in bumbling stages, the way he'd killed Stephanie Nieman. Unfortunately for death penalty proponents, the Constitution holds otherwise, with its prohibition of "cruel and unusual punishment."
    I found the part about lethal injection not actually being painless interesting. Also the point that this whole situation is basically because of anti-death penalty groups.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I don't care that he had a painful death. Sorrynotsorry. What makes him deserving of a humane death? For real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    I don't care that he had a painful death. Sorrynotsorry. What makes him deserving of a humane death? For real.
    Civil rights???

No offense but I see all of these conservative assholes always complaining about how our current administration is taking our rights away and blah fucking blah but when it comes to the black guy losing his civil rights they forget we have them. The fuck is up with that???

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    People are seriously WAY too excited that someone died a horrible death. We had lynching postcards not too long ago, guys.

All this celebrating is gross. Should we make them public? Would you like the beef or the chicken while you watch someone suffer and die? Oh, and can you remind me again how you're better and different from the killer since you don't take pleasure in suffering? Take your time.
    Ron, that man was lynched because he was black. Obviously people shouldn't be executed because they are a certain race. Nice try, but your argument is invalid.

I don't either. He buried a woman alive. I cannot imagine how terrified she was before she died.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

I have to agree with Angiebla on this one, Ron. These people did nothing wrong with the exception of being born black. IMO some of those asshat whiteys in the photo are the ones who should be hanging from the tree - as should anyone who believes that they are somehow superior based only on the color of their skin. Anyone who approves of hanging another human based solely on their skin color.
    Worse yet, they sell postcards? I wish a plague could come along and refresh the gene pool, eliminating those far too stupid to be considered human.

We'cum to the 'Murica!! We got us a Whitey's Bill o' Rites, and dem jigs just need to git thereselves back to Africa. (I say in my best redneck asshole voice.)
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Well we already know how you feel, Kevinsvault.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Civil rights???

No offense but I see all of these conservative assholes always complaining about how our current administration is taking our rights away and blah fucking blah but when it comes to the black guy losing his civil rights they forget we have them. The fuck is up with that???
    Whether they'll admit it or not, he's a Dem, oh, and did anyone tell the party of R that he's black too?? Holy shit!!! Git yer guns and lock 'em up boys!! Nobama's comin' for 'em!! It's not a coincidence that Republican and retarded are both "R" words.

I don't forget he has civil rights, but you know what? He voided those civil rights the day he committed a heinous crime. It doesn't matter that the victim was white, she could have been an Aborignal transgendered female and I would still want to drag that motherfucker to death behind my vehicle. For miles..and miles....and miles. He made a choice to shoot that girl, and another to allow her to be buried alive. He is exactly the kind of person whose civil rights should be voided. We're not talking about someone stealing Bubblicious from 7-11. We're talking about an animal who shot a girl because she wouldn't give him the keys to her truck. And we're talking about a subhuman piece of shit who watched as she was buried. Alive. And left to die. Fuck him.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I totally see what you mean and I feel similarly but that's just not the way it works unfortunately.

& there is the small matter of the statistics that are emerging the longer these guys work on death row cases

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

You can guarantee that at least some of the executions that people have partied over might never have taken place if these guys had been around sooner or had more resources once they were.

We'll probably never know. They can't keep up with the unsound convictions of inmates nearing their execution dates, so they can't afford to waste resources on the already executed innocent.

I admit, there are cases that make me think fuck em, they deserve it, but in the back of my mind I always remember that for defendants with no $$, unless an investigative journalist or someone like the Innocence Project takes an interest, we might only be seeing the evidence authorities want us to see.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-0...report/5425282

The botched Oklahoma execution of Clayton Lockett was largely due to a collapsed vein during the lethal injection, and the needle was inserted in the groin instead of the arm after prison officials used a stun gun to restrain him, a prisons report says.

Lockett, 38, died of an apparent heart attack after the lethal injection protocol failed.

Department of Corrections director Robert Patton said in the report the state's execution protocols needed to be revised and called for an indefinite stay of executions until the new procedures were in place and staff were trained.

Ahead of the Tuesday execution, Lockett, a convicted murderer, had refused to be restrained, the report said, and after being given a warning "an electronic shock device was administered," causing an injury to his arm.

The state has come under a barrage of criticism for the botched execution that many saw as a violation of constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment.

The White House said the process fell short of humane standards.

Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Nieman in 1999 and then helping to bury her alive in a shallow grave, where she died.

Witnesses to the execution said Lockett clenched his jaw and fists a few minutes after the drugs were injected and appeared to be in pain.

Prison officials covered the windows to the death chamber soon after, as it became apparent there was a problem.

The doctor overseeing the execution reported that Lockett's vein had collapsed during the injection and the drugs had either absorbed into the tissue, or leaked out, or both, Mr Patton said.

Mr Patton asked if enough drugs had been administered to cause death, and the doctor answered "no".

Mr Patton then asked if another vein was available and if enough drugs remained to finish the execution. The doctor responded "no" to both questions.

Once the problem became apparent, Mr Patton halted the execution.

Lockett died 43 minutes after the execution started, and an autopsy was underway.

"I intend to explore best practices from other states and ensure the Oklahoma protocol adopts proven standards," Mr Patton said in his report.

Groin used after no viable veins found

Mr Patton said in the report that medical officials examined Lockett's arms, legs, feet and neck for veins, but no viable entry point was located.

After that, a lethal injection insertion point was used in Lockett's groin area.

Madeline Cohen, a lawyer who fought to halt the execution of another Oklahoma death row inmate, says the report is damning.

"As the Oklahoma Department of Corrections dribbles out piecemeal information about Clayton Lockett's botched execution, they have revealed that Mr Lockett was killed using an invasive and painful method -an IV line in his groin," she said.

Convicted murderer and rapist Charles Warner had also been scheduled for execution on Tuesday night, but was granted a 14-day stay after the botched execution of Lockett.

The executions of Lockett and Warner, convicted in separate crimes, had been put on hold for several weeks because of a legal fight over the state's new lethal injection cocktail, with lawyers arguing Oklahoma was withholding crucial information about the drugs to be used.

Attorneys for death row inmates have argued that the drugs used in Oklahoma and other states could cause an unnecessarily painful death, in violation of the US Constitution.

Oklahoma governor Mary Fallin has vowed to continue carrying out death penalties despite Lockett's botched execution.

Does the White House have any say in state procedures, or are they just throwing their opinion out there like the rest of the world?
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-02-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Soooo basically all this was his own fault for fighting them off? Is that correct? Since he was stun gunned they couldn't use his arm, so they injected into his groin?

Witnesses to the execution said Lockett clenched his jaw and fists a few minutes after the drugs were injected and appeared to be in pain.

No it sounds like they didn't know what the hell they were doing LMAO! The doctor said they didn't administer enough drugs to kill him and they didn't have any more. Dafuq?

There is a video at the link.

Those who knew the victim of a convicted killer who died in a botched execution this week have spoken out to say he deserved the painful death - in which he took 47 minutes to die after periods of writhing in pain.
    They expressed their lack of remorse as a disturbing video emerged of Clayton Lockett confessing, and calmly described shooting a teenage girl and watching his partners in crime bury her alive.
    Lockett was sentenced to death for the killing of 19-year-old Stephanie Nieman 15 years ago in Oklahoma.
    His execution was carried out with three previously untested drugs, and saw Lockett die of a heart attack 47 minutes after the execution began.
    The vein in which doctors were trying to administer the drug had exploded, meaning the lethal dose was slowly absorbed through his body tissue instead of going directly into the blood stream.
    ‘What that guy got he deserved,’ Marilee Macias a friend of Nieman's, told KFOR.
    ‘I have no sympathy at all,’ Tiajuana Hammock added. ‘None whatsoever.’
    Their words came after police released Lockett's confession video in which he calmy described his victim's final moments.
    'I could hear her breathing and crying and everything,' Lockett says in the video made public by KFOR while casually smoking a cigarette.
    The footage was shot only two days after a break-in led to the shocking murder.
    'I had the shotgun in my hand and I popped [the homeowner] in the head with the barrel, and he looked and seen the shotgun and calmed down and he said don’t kill me, don’t kill my son,' Lockett continued.

Neiman happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time – she stopped at the home to drop off a friend in the middle of the robbery.
    All witnesses agreed to secrecy except Neiman, Lockett had a solution.
    ‘Let’s take them out in the country and leave them,' Lockett recalled saying. They said, ‘No. We can’t do that. We’ll still get caught.
    'I said, ‘The only thing we can do is take them to the country, and kill them... I couldn’t convince her not to tell.'
    Lockett shot Neiman twice with a sawed-off shotgun and watched two other men bury her alive, he confessed.
    His menacing wasn't done there, he even wrote a letter from jail threatening one of the witnesses saying 'cause I'm an assassin - point blank!'
    Residents of Perry acknowledge that he did suffer – but not nearly as much as Neiman.
    ‘Stephanie was beat up, she was shot, she was thrown in a grave when she was still alive,’ Macias added.
    ‘His little 30 minutes of lying there in anguish, if he was even feeling any anguish for 30 minutes does not compare at all to anything Stephanie went through or her family.’

The suffering may have only been half an hour, but it must have felt like an eternity to Lockett.
    Guards had to shoot him earlier in the day with a Taser gun after he refused to submit to an x-ray mandated by law for all death row inmates.
    He then refused to eat or speak with his attorneys before being brought to the death chamber.
    Things went from bad to worse when prison staff determined the only groin suitable for the death drip IV was in his groin – which was covered by a sheet to prevent the viewing public from seeing it, according to reports.
    BOTCHED EXECUTION TIMELINE
    6.23pm - The injection process begins as authorities cover Lockett's groin with a towel and inject the first of three untested chemicals into a vein after they were unable to find a suitable site elsewhere
    6.29pm - Consistently closed his eyes
    6.30pm - First check of consciousness; still conscious
    6.33pm - Announced Lockett was officially unconscious
    6.34pm - Lockett started to move his mouth
    6.36pm - Lockett began convulsing and mumbling
    6.37pm - Lockett sat up and said 'something's wrong'
    6.39pm - Prison officials lowered the blinds
    7.06pm - Lockett dies of massive heart attack

The four-time felon soon began writhing, clenching and gnashing his teeth while trying to life his head up after the point he was expected to have been rendered unconscious by midazolam, the first of three drugs administered.
    He soon died of a heart attack, but only after 30 agonizing minutes.
    Despite the execution not playing out as humanely as expected, Lockett would not find sympathy in the small town 65 miles north of Oklahoma City.
    ‘Who cares if he feels pain,’ stylist April Sewel told KFOR. ‘You know honestly, he’s getting away a lot easier than how his victim did, how Stephanie did.’
    Hammock agreed.
    ‘I want them to sit back and think,’ she said. ‘If that were your child, would you have sympathy?’
    Neiman’s family released the following statement.
    ‘God blessed us with our precious daughter, Stephanie for 19 years. Stephanie loved children. She worked in Vacation Bible School and always helped with our Church nativity scenes.
    ‘She was the joy of our life. We are thankful this day has finally arrived and justice will finally be served.’
    Justice has been served in the eyes of many, but not to federal government officials in Washington, D.C.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz30erKHxVg
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The convicted killer may well have "deserved" the most hideous death that could be devised for him. But. The rest of us are supposed to be better than him. If we torture him to death, or pay our public servants to do so are we not as evil as he is?

I understand the anger of the survivors of the victim, and I'd be OK with giving them 10 minutes alone with him, but these science project executions, or even the cleanest most painless executions? No. NOT IN MY NAME.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This guy really is impossible to sympathize with.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    No it sounds like they didn't know what the hell they were doing LMAO! The doctor said they didn't administer enough drugs to kill him and they didn't have any more. Dafuq?
    A tazer won't cause veins to be harder to locate/use. He also e refused to eat or drink, this also can impact veins ( I have shit veins and have been told to drink lots of water pre-blood draw.)
    Last edited by Miller22; 05-03-2014 at 10:51 AM.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The convicted killer may well have "deserved" the most hideous death that could be devised for him. But. The rest of us are supposed to be better than him. If we torture him to death, or pay our public servants to do so are we not as evil as he is?

I understand the anger of the survivors of the victim, and I'd be OK with giving them 10 minutes alone with him, but these science project executions, or even the cleanest most painless executions? No. NOT IN MY NAME.
    I have no sympathy for this dude. I don't see that as putting me on the same level as him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I have no sympathy for this dude. I don't see that as putting me on the same level as him.
    Not feeling sorry and getting off on someone's suffering are two different things.

He's the worst poster boy ever, that's for sure, but it was pure chance he was the one who copped this. It could just as easily have been someone with an unsound conviction who ran out of time to fight because they weren't high profile like Damien Echols.

Ronald Ryan, was the last man executed in Australia. He shouldn't have been. The outrage at the state government (Victoria) who refused to commute his sentence to life is probably the reason our death penalty was abolished in all 6 states & every territory by the late 1960's.

As far as public support goes, they're lucky they did this to someone so unsympathetic, but if they keep experimenting with their mix,eventually they will torture an innocent person to death. Unless they're going to claim their staff are all cold, sadistic state-sanctioned killers, even the department hierarchy should be invested in making sure that can never happen, because I'd expect a normal employee to have a pretty extreme reaction to discovering they played an active role in torturing and killing someone who turned to not be guilty after all.

Not feeling sorry and getting off on someone's suffering are two different things.
    Exactly. I'm sure that everyone who ever killed someone tells themselves all sorts of things to make the killing OK. But the fact is no matter what I tell myself, killing someone is never OK (to me) and joyfully celebrating the death is sickening... again (to me) Others feel differently. I get that. You all are wrong and may well burn in hell.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information