Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty in action - issues updates and the ongoing debate

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    This, and how obviously biased, classist, and racist the system is. Not to mention gleefully executing the Of Mice and Men Lennys of the world who honestly don't know what they're doing wrong.
    Oh, so you're playing the race card?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time separating the emotion from it. When I'm able to, I see what a completely flawed system it is. But then I see cases like that fucker Richerdson, and I'm just like "eh, off him, I could give two shits", so I can't in good conscious say that I DON'T support it when I will look at the news and breath a sigh of relief when this monster is no longer breathing the same air as me.

I don't really care what happens to the obviously guilty people but I don't think the justice system should be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time separating the emotion from it. When I'm able to, I see what a completely flawed system it is. But then I see cases like that fucker Richerdson, and I'm just like "eh, off him, I could give two shits", so I can't in good conscious say that I DON'T support it when I will look at the news and breath a sigh of relief when this monster is no longer breathing the same air as me.
    Do you know anything about this?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...21/usa.austria

Arnold Schwarzenegger's home country of Austria (basically Germany lite) thinks that him putting someone to death is something they cannot abide by. WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICANS?!?!

And without crime details immediately available, I do feel a little sad when I hear someone has been put to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Do you know anything about this?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...21/usa.austria

Arnold Schwarzenegger's home country of Austria (basically Germany lite) thinks that him putting someone to death is something they cannot abide by. WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICANS?!?!

And without crime details immediately available, I do feel a little sad when I hear someone has been put to death.
    Me too haha until I spent a day reading the death row cases and how half the people confessed and were like BUT THIS IS EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT MINE I'M AN ASSSSSHOLE.

Me too haha until I spent a day reading the death row cases and how half the people confessed and were like BUT THIS IS EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT MINE I'M AN ASSSSSHOLE.
    that last one you posted about was pretty ridiculous.

Oklahoma prison officials put a halt to the execution of an inmate after botching the delivery of a new three-drug lethal injection cocktail, officials said.

Prison spokesman Jerry Massie told The Associated Press Tuesday that he didn't know if death-inmate Clayton Lockett survived the ordeal.

Robert Patton, the director of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, halted Lockett's execution about 20 minutes after the first drug was administered.

Patton said there was a vein failure.

"This is exactly what he feared," said Deanna Parker, Lockett?s aunt.

Parker said she spoke with Lockett?s mom, LaDonna Hollins, who was told her son had died.

Parker said Lockett had made his peace with the idea that he was going to be executed but feared the secrecy around the drugs being used meant his end might be painful.

"That is why he was fighting. He wasn't just fighting for him, he was fighting for the men after him, too," she said.

She faulted Gov. Mary Fallin for pushing ahead with the execution amid clashing legal opinions about whether the state should proceed without revealing the source of its drugs.

"I would like to say to her, 'She is not God.'"

Lockett, 38, was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Nieman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in 1999.

Charles Warner, 46, was also scheduled to die in the rare double-execution. His execution was postponed on Tuesday.

Warner was found guilty of raping and killing his roommate's 11-month-old child in 1997.

The two inmates had challenged the secrecy behind the state's lethal injection protocol.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...jection-n93156
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Well holy fuck. What a clusterfuck.

There is irony in the relative saying the Governor nwas playing God, in referencing the execution of her nephew - who took someone else's life, and was playing God.
    Part of why this fascinates and repulses me...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Well holy fuck. What a clusterfuck.

There is irony in the relative saying the Governor nwas playing God, in referencing the execution of her nephew - who took someone else's life, and was playing God.
    Part of why this fascinates and repulses me...
    Yeah. I'm dead set against the dp and yet... i don't feel sorry for this twat.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This popped up on my USA Today notifications. Yeah, on one hand I can understand following certain protocol and can see how this incident would be a bad thing. On the other, when I think about what that poor girl went through by his hands? I feel like he got off easy and that karma's a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. I'm dead set against the dp and yet... i don't feel sorry for this twat.
    Word up. Holy shit, I can't believe she said that with no sense of irony whatsoever. Maybe she was kidding?

"Taking a life like this? It's just not right. Who do you think you are!?!"

Maybe she winked after she said it?

Word up. Holy shit, I can't believe she said that with no sense of irony whatsoever. Maybe she was kidding?

There has to be some sarcastic title for this...like how "resting bitchface" is a thing?
    Imbecile irony, maybe...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

Poor guy. He was all sedated and shit, but his vein blew so the other 2 drugs couldn't stop respiration and heart rhythm. Thank goodness Karma stepped in and shouted, "Dont worry. I got this!"

Yeah. poor little baby fucker. Man, I mean, what did he ever do except fuck a baby to death?

The director of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections says an inmate whose execution was halted because the delivery of a new drug combination failed has died of a heart attack.

Clayton Lockett died Tuesday after all three drugs were administered.

Director Robert Patton halted Lockett's execution about 20 minutes after the first drug was administered. He says there was a vein failure.

Lockett was writhing on the gurney and shaking uncontrollably.

Charles Warner's execution, also scheduled Tuesday evening, was stayed for 14 days.

TIMELINE

6:23 p.m. - The injection process begins. Lockett has heavy, slow blinks, laid still

6:29 p.m. - Consistently closed his eyes

6:30 p.m. - First check of consciousness; still conscious

6:33 p.m. - Announced Lockett was officially unconscious

6:34 p.m. - Lockett started to move his mouth

6:36 p.m. - Lockett began convulsing and mumbling

6:37 p.m. - Lockett sat up and said "something's wrong."

6:39 p.m. - Prison officials lowered the blinds

7:06 p.m. - Lockett dies of massive heart attack

Then, there was a knock on the door. DOC Director Robert Patton took a phone call in the hallway. When he returned, he said they'd had a "vein failure." "The chemicals did not enter into the offender," and under Patton's authority, he announced a stay for the execution of Charles Warner.

Warner was set to die at 8 p.m. His execution is stayed for 14 days.

Family of Lockett's victim Stephanie Neiman issue statement

Clayton Lockett and Charles Warner were both scheduled to die after a state Supreme Court ruled that the men were not entitled to know the source of the lethal injection drugs.

Jerry Massie, public information officer for the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, told reporters that the drug cocktail used in Lockett's and Warner's executions had never been tried before by the State of Oklahoma. As such, it was unclear how long the execution might take.

Massie said that over the last 19 lethal injections, the average time for the inmate to be pronounced dead is six to 12 minutes. He said the timing of the execution is counted once the drug cocktail is administered.

How the state of Oklahoma carries out an execution

Lockett was sentenced to death for shooting a 19-year-old Perry woman and watching his friends bury her alive.

Warner is on death row for the rape and murder of his roommate's 11-month-old daughter.

Meanwhile, the two men placed their final meal orders. Dinner was served between noon and 1 p.m.

Warner asked for and received:

20 boneless hot wings from KFC

Large potato wedge

Two fruit cocktail cups

Cole slaw

20 ounce Coca Cola

Lockett asked for, but did not receive:

Chateaubriand steak, medium rare with A-1 steak sauce

Fried shrimp entree with cocktail sauce

Large baked potato with butter, sour cream, chopped scallions, bacon bits, salt and pepper

Six pieces of garlic butter toast

Whole Kentucky Bourbon pie

One liter of Coca Cola Classic

Bag of ice

Lockett's order was more than the $15.00 limit. He was offered a steak from Western Sizzlin, but he refused the offer.

There are some still fighting against the men's executions. An Oklahoma anti-death penalty group is planning a protest and vigil.

The Oklahoma Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty plans to host a sit-in at Gov. Mary Fallin's office followed by a vigil at the governor's mansion.
    http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/...charles-warner

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Poor guy. He was all sedated and shit, but his vein blew so the other 2 drugs couldn't stop respiration and heart rhythm. Thank goodness Karma stepped in and shouted, "Dont worry. I got this!"
    Right? So barbaric....unlike the serene death he gave his victim by blowing off her head with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Right? So barbaric....unlike the serene death he gave his victim by blowing off her head with a shotgun.
    Exactly! I'm sure his family will be suing the great state of Oklahoma for being extra mean to the poor murderous bastard.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah. poor little baby fucker. Man, I mean, what did he ever do except fuck a baby to death?
    Baby fucker didn't die. It was the "shoot the 19 year old girl and watch her get buried alive guy" that died. Baby fucker was supposed to follow but got a free pass because the other dude's veins were no good. Baby fucker is sadly alive and well.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Republican Gov. Mary Fallin ordered a 14-day stay of execution for an inmate who was scheduled to die two hours after Lockett, Charles Warner.
    She also ordered the state's Department of Corrections to conduct a 'full review of Oklahoma's execution procedures to determine what happened and why during this evening's execution.'

'After weeks of Oklahoma refusing to disclose basic information about the drugs for tonight's lethal injection procedures, tonight Clayton Lockett was tortured to death,' said Madeline Cohen, an attorney for Warner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz30MdZ0RIv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

MIDAZOLAM (sedative): Warning labels that accompany packages of midazolam say intravenous use of the drug has been associated with respiratory suppression or respiratory arrest. Monitoring is required in case there is a need to intervene with life-saving medical treatment. Overdoses can result in a slow heart rate, as well.

VECURONIUM BROMIDE (paralytic): The package labeling warns that a way to give artificial respiration and oxygen therapy should be available while patients are given vercuronium, which is often used to relax muscles for intubation or during surgery. Respiration 'insufficiency' is listed as a possible adverse reaction.

POTASSIUM CHLORIDE (stops heart): The labels include strong warnings that potassium chloride must be given at a slow, controlled rate when administered for the treatment of a potassium deficiency. At higher doses, such as that used in executions, the drug stops the heart. For higher doses that aren't lethal, medical literature says to discontinue the infusion immediately and use injections of dextrose and insulin at certain rates, absorb excess potassium and engage in dialysis. Respiratory paralysis is also possible. Medical literature at the National Institutes of Health says potassium intoxication can cause cardiac arrest and that EKG abnormalities can illustrate trouble.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fuck this dude. He got exactly what he deserved and so did his fucking family. Oh, I'm soooo sorry they had to watch in horror as their relative died! NOT!! After what he did?? There was no mercy there, so why the fuck should Karma show him any? Fuck you Lockett. What you did was unnecessary, unforgivable and shows the truly inhuman piece of shit that you were. You should have been dead years ago. If it were up to me you'd have been put through a tree shredder while fully conscious. Fuck all that "let's sedate him" bullshit. Not after what you did.

There. I feel better.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I read lockett was also guilty of raping the woman he killed. In my eyes it just further shows the monster he is.

I don't feel bad for this dude. At all. He buried his victim alive. He should have at least gotten the gas chamber. Then he would know how it feels to suffocate to death like his victim.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, this guy is probably the least sympathetic representative for the anti death penalty movement ever.

I think I mixed the two criminals up - I can't find where I thought I read about rape being included in his crimes.

Thread Information