Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Father hides and abuses daughter for 24 years

Father hides and abuses daughter for 24 years

A 73-year-old Austrian is under arrest on suspicion of hiding his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathering seven children with her, police say.

The existence of the woman, believed missing since 1984 and now 42, emerged after a teenage child fell ill and had to be taken to hospital.

Both the woman and teenage girl are receiving medical treatment and the other children are in care.

A police investigation in Amstetten, Lower Austria Province, is continuing.

The suspect, named only as Josef F, was arrested on suspicion of incest and keeping his daughter in captivity. He has not responded to the charges against him, police say.

One of the children the man allegedly fathered died in infancy, police believe.

Three children, including the 19-year-old, were allegedly kept in the cellar with their mother while the other three reportedly grew up with their grandparents.

DNA tests will be taken to establish whether Josef F was indeed their father.

Placed in care

The alleged crimes came to light after the teenager, named as Kerstin F, was dropped off at the Amstetten hospital last weekend.

Police are searching the house

Finding Kerstin seriously ill, doctors appealed for her mother, who at that time was assumed to be missing, to come forward to provide more details about her medical history.

Josef F allegedly then released the mother and two other children from the cellar, telling his wife Rosemarie that she had chosen to return home, police say.

It was not immediately clear how police were alerted.

The mother, named as Elisabeth F, has been receiving medical and psychological treatment since being discovered.

She appeared "greatly disturbed" psychologically during questioning and agreed to talk only after authorities assured her that she would no longer have to have contact with her father, and that her children would be taken care of, police added.

The six children are three boys and three girls aged between five and 20.

Police spokesman Franz Polzer told reporters they had been taken to a safe location.

"They are all in psychological care in a secure institution in a clinic here in this area," he said.

"They are being cared for individually - those between 12 and 16 years of age who grew up with their grandparents, and two boys who, when they came out yesterday with their mother, saw the daylight for the first time in their lives."

The three children who grew up with their grandparents were left at birth outside the house, the first accompanied by a note from Elisabeth in which she said she could not care for the baby herself.

All three were taken in by Josef and his wife as foster or adopted children, police said.

'Dead baby burnt'

The police issued a statement giving details of the alleged abuses Elisabeth recounted to them.

She said she had been sexually abused by her father since the age of 11.

Josef allegedly lured her into the cellar of their house in Amstetten on 28 August 1984, drugging and handcuffing her before locking her up.

It was assumed she had disappeared voluntarily when her parents received a letter from her asking them not to search for her.

"Abused continuously during the 24-year-long imprisonment", Elisabeth bore six children while a seventh, one of a set of twins, died soon after birth.

The dead baby was allegedly taken out of the cellar and burnt by Josef.

Elisabeth said Josef had provided her and three of her children, who were locked up along with her, with clothing and food.

His wife Rosemarie had allegedly not been aware of what was going on.

The discovery of another Austrian woman, who was held captive in a cellar by an abductor for more than eight years, gripped the country in 2006.

Natascha Kampusch finally escaped from her kidnapper, 44-year-old Wolfgang Priklopil, who killed himself shortly afterwards.

Ms Kampusch was abducted at the age of 10 in 1998 and held in a small, windowless cellar beneath Priklopil's garage in the commuter town of Strasshof, 25km (15 miles) outside Vienna.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7369851.stm

How could his wife have not known??

Re: Father hides and abuses daughter for 24 years

What a sick man! those poor children. That poor woman. And your right how could the wife not know there were 4 people living in the basement?

How on earth could a woman not know that there was a family living in her cellar? 
    And how could a mother not search for her daughter?
    I hope those kids, and their mother are okay. 
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831360#msg831360 date=1209322501]
    How on earth could a woman not know that there was a family living in her cellar? 
    [/quote]

Never left the kitchen?
    <br />[quote author=alexinmn link=topic=13390.msg849588#msg849588 date=1210536806]<br />I happen to like BD and SS very much. I think they would make a good couple :lol:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=SarcasticallySuicidal link=topic=13948.msg831364#msg831364 date=1209322642]
    Never left the kitchen?

[/quote]
    :lol:
    But you store things in a cellar. And if my husband told me not to go somewhere, that'd be the first place on my list of places to go.&nbsp; That's assuming he told her not to go near the cellar.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831370#msg831370 date=1209322767]
    And if my husband told me not to go somewhere, that'd be the first place on my list of places to go.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

You remind me of every woman I have ever dated.

<br />[quote author=alexinmn link=topic=13390.msg849588#msg849588 date=1210536806]<br />I happen to like BD and SS very much. I think they would make a good couple :lol:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=SarcasticallySuicidal link=topic=13948.msg831372#msg831372 date=1209322832]
    You remind me of every woman I have ever dated.

[/quote]

Or just every woman that ever existed?&nbsp;
    I learn from the movies.&nbsp; Someone tells you not to go somewhere.&nbsp; First place you go.
    You do it to.&nbsp; Admit it.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831370#msg831370 date=1209322767]
    :lol:
    But you store things in a cellar. And if my husband told me not to go somewhere, that'd be the first place on my list of places to go.&nbsp; That's assuming he told her not to go near the cellar.
    [/quote]

Dude I seriously doubt this old man was ONLY abusive to his daughter.&nbsp; he's obviously a sadistic psychopath.&nbsp; My guess is the whole family was scared of him.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831374#msg831374 date=1209322964]
    Or just every woman that ever existed?&nbsp;
    I learn from the movies.&nbsp; Someone tells you not to go somewhere.&nbsp; First place you go.
    You do it to.&nbsp; Admit it.
    [/quote]

That is the difference between men and women. And I don't mean the jealous douche bag guys because they aren't men.

Women : Want to prove someone wrong. Don't trust anyone and furthermore know that everyone is out to get them.
    Men : Too lazy to really care what is going on. We learned long ago we really have no say in anything so why spin our wheels more than we have to.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=13948.msg831378#msg831378 date=1209323088]
    Dude I seriously doubt this old man was ONLY abusive to his daughter.&nbsp; he's obviously a sadistic psychopath.&nbsp; My guess is the whole family was scared of him.
    [/quote]

I didn't think of that. But seriously, if that were the case, I'd be even more determined to find my daughter.&nbsp; The minute he left the house, I would search for some indication of where she had gone.&nbsp;
    [quote author=SarcasticallySuicidal link=topic=13948.msg831382#msg831382 date=1209323192]
    That is the difference between men and women. And I don't mean the jealous douche bag guys because they aren't men.

Women : Want to prove someone wrong. Don't trust anyone and furthermore know that everyone is out to get them.
    Men : Too lazy to really care what is going on. We learned long ago we really have no say in anything so why spin our wheels more than we have to.
    [/quote]
    You're wrong.
    It's not a matter of proving someone wrong.&nbsp; It's a matter of curiosity.&nbsp; Someone says don't do go to the cellar, there's a bear down there, I'm not going down there.&nbsp; Someone says don't go in the cellar because I said so, I want to know why.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831385#msg831385 date=1209323284]
    You're wrong.
    [/quote]

I am never wrong.

And you are not allowed to take off my pants, but I can't tell you why or what is inside.

Women in abusive relationships are crippled by the fear. &nbsp;That's why you read about them shooting their husbands in their sleep instead of just leaving...they know the man will find them, and punish them. &nbsp;I'm sure this was NOT a guy you wanted to fuck with. &nbsp;He's obviously a pretty evil, fucked up individual. &nbsp;i would guess she knew what was going on and lived in terror that he would throw her down there, too.

Or on the other hand, they could both be incredibly sick individuals. &nbsp;It's happened before. A couple like that with sadistic urges finds each other.

[quote author=SarcasticallySuicidal link=topic=13948.msg831387#msg831387 date=1209323441]
    I am never wrong.

And you are not allowed to take off my pants, but I can't tell you why or what is inside.
    [/quote]
    &nbsp; I'm not falling for that one. [size=1pt]again[/size]
    [quote author=bowieluva link=topic=13948.msg831389#msg831389 date=1209323496]
    Women in abusive relationships are crippled by the fear.&nbsp; That's why you read about them shooting their husbands in their sleep instead of just leaving...they know the man will find them, and punish them.&nbsp; I'm sure this was NOT a guy you wanted to fuck with.&nbsp; He's obviously a pretty evil, fucked up individual.&nbsp; i would guess she knew what was going on and lived in terror that he would throw her down there, too.

Or on the other hand, they could both be incredibly sick individuals.&nbsp; It's happened before. A couple like that with sadistic urges finds each other.
    [/quote]
    Very good points.&nbsp; So all I can say is that I hope the mother/daughter gets help with the mental issues that will no doubt have risen from years of abuse and having your father's children, and that the children have no mental or physical defects because of this.

Now seems the oldest three had normal lives going to school etc, it has shown the two daugthers on the news and they look pretty normal. But the youngest two have always been in the basement, never going out or being taught.

The oldest children and the wife say they knew nothing of the others being down there.... strange.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13948.msg831488#msg831488 date=1209329033]
    Now seems the oldest three had normal lives going to school etc, it has shown the two daugthers on the news and they look pretty normal. But the youngest two have always been in the basement, never going out or being taught.

The oldest children and the wife say they knew nothing of the others being down there.... strange.

[/quote]

Maybe he had some dope like bookshelf that he moved a book and a secret wall flipped around taking him to his secret hide out.

Kind of like a superhero but not super and a total piece of shit.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13948.msg831488#msg831488 date=1209329033]

[/quote]

I just find that incredibly hard to believe. Also, how did he determine which kids to raise and which to leave with her?&nbsp;

Cellar 'Where Man Held Daughter' Found
    Updated:21:29, Sunday April 27, 2008

Police in Austria have entered a cellar where a man allegedly held his daughter captive for 24 years, during which time he may have fathered seven children by her.

House where woman was foundThe basement area consists of a very narrow hallway and several rooms, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs, on Austrian TV.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1314185,00.html

Authorities accessed the area after the father told them how to unlock a hidden door using a code only he had known.

Detectives say Elisabeth Fritzl had been missing since August 29, 1984.

Now aged 42, the woman was found after a tip-off to police. Her 73-year-old father Josef Fritzl has been arrested and is being held in custody.

The case came to light after one of the children was taken to hospital in the town of Amstetten.

The youngster, 19-year-old Kerstin, was said by police to be &quot;gravely ill&quot;.

Advertisement

Elisabeth told police her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11 and he locked her up in a room in the cellar on August 28, 1984.

During the 24 years that followed, she said she had six children by him.

The seventh child was a twin who died shortly after birth. Josef Fritzl removed the body and burned it.

The two oldest children, aged 18 and 19, and the youngest aged 5, had been locked up with their mother since birth and had never seen sunlight or received any education, police said.

Josef's wife Rosemarie had been unaware of what happened to her daughter and it was assumed she had disappeared voluntarily when her parents received a letter from her saying they should not search for her.

An investigator at the sceneThree of Elisabeth's younger children were each left on her parents' doorstep, the first accompanied by a letter saying she could not look after the baby herself.

All were taken in by Josef and his wife as foster or adopted children and went to school as normal.

Police said Elisabeth only agreed to talk after the authorities promised she would not have to have see her father again and the children would be taken care of.

The mother and children are now being treated in hospital by a team of psychologists.

DNA tests are being carried out to determine whether Fritzl is the father.

The case follows that of Natascha Kampusch, the girl who was held in the basement of a house on the outskirts of Vienna for more than eight years.

She was snatched on her way to school by technician Wolfgang Priklopil, who threw himself in front of a train after she escaped.

In another case that rocked Austria, three young girls were locked up for seven years by their mentally ill mother near the city of Linz.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13948.msg831498#msg831498 date=1209329478]
    Cellar 'Where Man Held Daughter' Found
    Updated:21:29, Sunday April 27, 2008

Police in Austria have entered a cellar where a man allegedly held his daughter captive for 24 years, during which time he may have fathered seven children by her.

House where woman was foundThe basement area consists of a very narrow hallway and several rooms, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs, on Austrian TV.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1314185,00.html

Authorities accessed the area after the father told them how to unlock a hidden door using a code only he had known.

Detectives say Elisabeth Fritzl had been missing since August 29, 1984.

Now aged 42, the woman was found after a tip-off to police. Her 73-year-old father Josef Fritzl has been arrested and is being held in custody.

The case came to light after one of the children was taken to hospital in the town of Amstetten.

The youngster, 19-year-old Kerstin, was said by police to be &quot;gravely ill&quot;.

Advertisement

Elisabeth told police her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11 and he locked her up in a room in the cellar on August 28, 1984.

During the 24 years that followed, she said she had six children by him.

The seventh child was a twin who died shortly after birth. Josef Fritzl removed the body and burned it.

The two oldest children, aged 18 and 19, and the youngest aged 5, had been locked up with their mother since birth and had never seen sunlight or received any education, police said.

Josef's wife Rosemarie had been unaware of what happened to her daughter and it was assumed she had disappeared voluntarily when her parents received a letter from her saying they should not search for her.

An investigator at the sceneThree of Elisabeth's younger children were each left on her parents' doorstep, the first accompanied by a letter saying she could not look after the baby herself.

All were taken in by Josef and his wife as foster or adopted children and went to school as normal.

Police said Elisabeth only agreed to talk after the authorities promised she would not have to have see her father again and the children would be taken care of.

The mother and children are now being treated in hospital by a team of psychologists.

DNA tests are being carried out to determine whether Fritzl is the father.

The case follows that of Natascha Kampusch, the girl who was held in the basement of a house on the outskirts of Vienna for more than eight years.

She was snatched on her way to school by technician Wolfgang Priklopil, who threw himself in front of a train after she escaped.

In another case that rocked Austria, three young girls were locked up for seven years by their mentally ill mother near the city of Linz.

[/quote]

SS was right,&nbsp; it was a hidden door.&nbsp; :-o

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831397#msg831397 date=1209323667]
    Very good points.&nbsp; So all I can say is that I hope the mother/daughter gets help with the mental issues that will no doubt have risen from years of abuse and having your father's children, and that the children have no mental or physical defects because of this.
    [/quote]

sad thing is the daughter and her kids that were kept down there will probably never be normal, socially active, mentally and emotionally stable beings ever. &nbsp;Honestly...I'm sure the ones that didn't live in the basement have probably been through shit too and are probably gonna have there share of problems..

it's so sad to see humans be brought into this world just to be completely ruined like that.

...and I'm sure the wife and kids that said they knew nothing are either in denial, lying, or wrong in the head in some way or another. &nbsp;24 years in the basement? &nbsp;yea...you KNOW someone else knew about that.

According to police, Elisabeth Fritzl told investigators her father put her to sleep with an anaesthetic on August 28, 1984, handcuffing her in a locked basement. Officially, she was declared a missing person, with Interpol opening an investigation. A letter was sent to her parents asking that they stop searching for her and local authorities concluded she had been seized by a religious sect. She told police that she spent years imprisoned in an underground chamber beneath the family home near the eastern town of Amstetten.

More here- http://loveworldchristiannetwork.org/Newsroom/Content.php?st=MDgwNDI3MTk0NTA3LjJrOG4weTh4&amp;ca te=aW50

[quote author=tgyta link=topic=13948.msg831507#msg831507 date=1209329856]
    sad thing is the daughter and her kids that were kept down there will probably never be normal, socially active, mentally and emotionally stable beings ever.&nbsp; Honestly...I'm sure the ones that didn't live in the basement have probably been through shit too and are probably gonna have there share of problems..

it's so sad to see humans be brought into this world just to be completely ruined like that.

...and I'm sure the wife and kids that said they knew nothing are either in denial, lying, or wrong in the head in some way or another.&nbsp; 24 years in the basement?&nbsp; yea...you KNOW someone else knew about that.
    [/quote]

Especially since they're teenagers.&nbsp; I mean with kids, sometimes they can sweep it under the carpet a bit in their minds, and not suffer the trauma of that for the duration of their lives.&nbsp; But when you've never stepped foot outside a basement for 17 years, how do you join in the world?&nbsp; This is seriously some sick shit and I have no idea how this could go unnoticed for so long.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=13948.msg831503#msg831503 date=1209329633]
    SS was eight.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Shit....who told you.

[quote author=SarcasticallySuicidal link=topic=13948.msg831519#msg831519 date=1209330216]
    Shit....who told you.
    [/quote]

:lol: :oops:&nbsp; Going to fix now.&nbsp; Meant to say right.

Wow! Am i missing something here? How did she deliver six kids in the basement without incident? This is too weird.&nbsp;

[quote author=ScrantonBranch link=topic=13948.msg831534#msg831534 date=1209330485]
    Wow! Am i missing something here? How did she deliver six kids in the basement without incident? This is too weird.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Well there was an incident.&nbsp; She had 7, one died and was burned by it's dad/grandfather.&nbsp; :roll:

Thread Information