Thread: Octavia Watkins (12) died after Kisha Young (38) made her ride on top of a car to stop the upholstery getting wet

Octavia Watkins (12) died after Kisha Young (38) made her ride on top of a car to stop the upholstery getting wet

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gir...264757371.html

A 12-year-old girl has died days after she was thrown from the top of a car, where police say an intoxicated mom had her and other kids ride because they were wet from swimming.

The girl, Octavia Watkins, died at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night when she was removed from life support, Crowley police said. She had suffered severe head injuries in the fall last week and had been hospitalized since.

Police said Kisha Young, 39, let six children ride on the hood and trunk of her Chevrolet Malibu on June 17 because their clothes were wet. The group, including another adult, had been swimming at the Creekside Community Pool.

Police said Young was arrested and charged with intoxication assault, a third degree felony, injury to a child and DWI with a child. She posted $110,000 bond and was released from jail Friday.

Crowley police said they are working with the Tarrant County District Attorney?s Office to determine future charges on the case.

Watkins' mother, who was an adult passenger in the car, could also be charged.

"The adults involved are responsible for the children, and whatever happens to them while they are in their care," said Crowley Police Officer CC Meadows.

Neighbors who witnessed the accident were sad to learn Watkins died.

Ellen Prince said Young did not even know the children had fallen from the back of her car until she reached the end of the street.

"We know better than to have kids riding on our car. I can?t imagine a mother, if she was a mother, letting her kids out of the car and driving like that," Prince said.

Albert Garcia said he rushed to help Watkins when he saw her on the pavement.

"She was totally unconscious the whole time, so that was my main concern," he said. "I know the mom didn?t do this on purpose. She was trying to have fun. But she needed to think this through a little bit more."

Marissa Gonzalez with Texas Child Protective Services said the surviving children are in the care of relatives and not their mothers. A CPS investigation is also underway about future custody of the children.

Funeral arrangements for the girl have not yet been revealed.

I found a Kisha Young from texas on fb - not sure if it's same cat?

Aw, that sucks.

Godspeed, Octavia

Beautiful name and I'm sure she was a beautiful child.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

She was a beautiful kid. This is one of those stories that just leave you speechless.

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1226973825409

Kisha Young was charged over Octavia’s death with intoxication assault — a third degree felony. She also faces charges of injury to a child and DWI with a child. She was released from jail on a $110,000 bond.

Crowley Police said they were working with the District Attorney before deciding if further charges would be laid.

Desmond Watkins said he had not told his other children, an 11-year-old daughter and son, eight, that the criminal charges may be laid against their mother.

“It’s already hard enough with their sister just passing,” he said.

“And then we don’t know about their mum.

“When they called me, I rushed to the hospital ... I was furious ... drinking and all that.”

Texas’ Child Protective Services is investigating both women.

The surviving children were all taken away from their mothers and placed in the custody of relatives.

“The adults involved are responsible for the children, and whatever happens to them while they are in their care,” said Crowley police officer CC Meadows.

“Well of course we don’t know what they were thinking.

“However, they weren’t thinking safety.”

Octavia’s funeral will be held today.

Obituary -

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw...&pid=171532514

Octavia M. Watkins, our precious little angel God blessed us with for only 12 years, returned back to Him Wednesday, June 25, 2014. Celebration of life: Her life will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the chapel of Gregory W. Spencer Funeral Directors, with the Rev. Mary Schultz officiating. Octavia will be laid to rest in the garden at Cedar Hill Memorial Park. Friends may visit as she lies asleep 1 to 9:30 p.m. Monday, with the family present 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., at the funeral home. Survivors: Left with unfading memories, parents, Desmond Watkins and Yasmin Watkins; brother, Desmond Watkins Jr.; sister, Gabriella Watkins; grandparents, Johnny and Marletta Watkins, Amelia Saldivar; great-grandparents, Arthur Lee Conley, Lorraine Young; and a host of other relatives, classmates and friends.

Published in Star-Telegram on June 29, 2014

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures of Octavia, Blighted. Her brother.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Umm, she certainly looks more "mature" in that navy tank top, especially compared to that pic with her brother. She was beautiful either way, though. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Beautiful girl.

Thread Information