Thread: Missing college student Anarae Shunk (20) found dead 10 days after she went missing

Missing college student Anarae Shunk (20) found dead 10 days after she went missing

A body found in a ditch south of Minneapolis was identified Tuesday as a University of Minnesota student who was last seen with her ex-boyfriend 10 days ago, the same night he allegedly shot another man outside a bar, police said.

The Hennepin County medical examiner's office confirmed the body found Monday was that of 20-year-old Anarae Schunk, according to Rosemount police.

Schunk was last seen on Sept. 22 with her ex-boyfriend at a bar in Burnsville, about 20 miles south of Minneapolis. The ex-boyfriend, Anthony Lee Nelson, is charged with fatally shooting a man outside the bar that night.

Schunk went to Nina's Grill with Nelson, who has a long criminal record, and his current girlfriend, Ashley Conrade. Schunk reconnected with her old boyfriend in hopes of recovering a $5,000 loan he had never repaid, according to her family and friends.

Her brother, Tyson Schunk, said police requested dental records late Monday night so a medical examiner could determine if the body found near Lonsdale was his sister. The body was found about 20 miles from where his sister was last seen, he said.

Police are investigating Schunk's death and are seeking tips from the public, Rosemount Police Chief Eric Werner said in a news release. His office said Werner would not comment beyond the news release. The Dakota County Attorney's Office, which would be responsible for filing any charges, said it had not received the case from police yet. The Hennepin County medical examiner's office also has not yet issued a news release saying what caused Schunk's death.

Burnsville police said this weekend that they had received information that led them to believe Schunk had been killed, but would not be more specific. Tyson Schunk, told local media Sunday that police had found his sister's white U of M jacket covered with blood and 18 to 20 holes that may indicate she was stabbed. The family said police told them they found it in the St. Paul apartment of her ex-boyfriend's wife and that they found a knife connected with the case on the building's roof. Police have not publicly confirmed those details.

Nelson, 31, is charged with fatally shooting a man during a fight in the bar's parking lot. Witnesses told police Nelson was upset with the man, Palagor Jobi, for talking to Conrade and that they exchanged words before Jobi punched him. Nelson then shot Jobi eight times, according to the complaint.

Conrade told investigators that Schunk went with them back to her Rosemount townhouse, police said. However, neither Nelson nor Conrade has been charged in Schunk's disappearance.

Conrade is charged with aiding an offender after police say she harbored Nelson before he was arrested last week in Jobi's death.
    http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/bo...t-found?stay=1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Here's the Help Find Facebook page. Some pictures and information

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindAnarae

A very long and detailed article
    http://www.startribune.com/local/south/226015771.html

The daily mail (they always have tons of pictures)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...M-student.html

And a picture of the two charged
    [IMG][/IMG]

Anarae Shunk

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Ex-convict and his girlfriend charged with murdering college student nine months after her naked body bearing 22 knife wounds was found dumped in a corn field
    Shavelle Chavez-Nelson, 32, and Ashley Conrade, 24, both charged with second-degree intentional murder
    Anarae Schunk, 20, was found dead in a ditch next to a cornfield in rural Minnesota last September a week after she went missing
    Nelson, Schnuk's ex-boyfriend, also faces murder charges in the shooting death of Palagos Jobi the same night she was stabbed
    Police say they found UMN student's bloody clothing, suspects' DNA evidence and 8-inch knife used as murder weapon
    Autopsy showed Anarae likely died within 20 seconds of having her jugular vein and carotid artery slashed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz361NFSXzk
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Such a pretty lady. RIP

Just hours before Schnuk was stabbed to death, the 32-year-old man allegedly shot dead Palagor Jobi at a Burnsville bar.
    On Friday, Nelson and Conrade appeared in a Hastings courtroom. The 32-year-old was brought before a judge from prison, where he is serving a nine-year sentence for an unrelated burglary.
    A public works crew came upon Anarae Schnuk's body September 30, 2013, while mowing ditches near an 80-acre field in Londsdale.

The first victim-Palagor
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-29-2014 at 02:06 AM.

This is just a small snip from a very long article about this case.
    http://www.shakopeenews.com/news/upd...082baf45c.html

This was one of the most extensive investigations ever to occur in Dakota County’s history, which has led today to the filing of murder charges in connection with this violent crime," Dakota County Attorney James Backstrom said in a press release. "Anarae Schunk was a lovely, intelligent and kindhearted young woman who will always be remembered and deeply missed by many. Our deepest sympathy is extended to Anarae’s family and friends.”
    A Dakota County Grand Jury previously indicted Nelson on Oct. 24, 2013, on charges of first-degree murder with premeditation and second-degree murder in relation to the shooting death of Savage resident Palagor Obang Jobi outside of a Burnsville bar on Sept. 22, 2013.

Schunk, who had previously been in a romantic relationship with Nelson, got into a vehicle with Nelson and Conrade as they fled the scene of Jobi's murder. They allegedly drove to Conrade's home in Rosemount, where authorities believe Schunk was then murdered.
    Conrade, Nelson's alleged girlfriend, was also charged in the Jobi case with aiding an offender, a felony, for allegedly harboring Nelson and assisting his attempt to evade arrest.

According to the charges in the Jobi case, Nelson shot Jobi, 23, eight times outside of Nina’s Grill in Burnsville in the early hours of Sept. 22, 2013 following an argument. Witnesses at the bar that night allegedly identified Nelson as the shooter.
    Nelson, also known as Shavelle Oscar Chavez-Nelson, was arrested in Rosemount on Sept. 24 for the death of Jobi. The day before, Schunk’s family filed a missing person’s report.
    Officials say Schunk was last seen in the vehicle was Nelson and Conrade, and she was missing for more than a week before her body was found in a grassy ditch in rural Rice County on Sept. 30, 2013.
    Nelson has prior convictions in Minnesota for first-degree aggravated robbery, theft, fleeing police and fifth-degree sale of a controlled substance.
    Conrade made her first appearance in court today and bail was set in the amount of $2 million without conditions and $750,000 with conditions. Conrade’s next court appearance for the Schunk case is scheduled for July 11, while she also has a contested omnibus hearing for the Jobi case set for Aug. 1.
    Nelson also made his first appearance in court today and no bail was set as he is currently in prison on an unrelated conviction until September 16, 2019. Nelson’s next court appearance for the Schunk case is scheduled for July 11, and he also has a jury trial for the Jobi case set for Oct. 27.

WHY did this girl get in the vehicle with her ex and his new gf??? Especially after seeing him kill someone. Not to mention, he owes her a lot of money. Didn't it occur to her that seeing him be capable of killing someone just because they had an argument, that he may kill her also to avoid paying her the large chunk of money he owed her? I don't know, if I saw my ex or anyone for that matter, shot and kill someone and try to leave, I would go in the opposite direction as fast as I could. Maybe he threatened her to go with them?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    WHY did this girl get in the vehicle with her ex and his new gf??? Especially after seeing him kill someone. Not to mention, he owes her a lot of money. Didn't it occur to her that seeing him be capable of killing someone just because they had an argument, that he may kill her also to avoid paying her the large chunk of money he owed her? I don't know, if I saw my ex or anyone for that matter, shot and kill someone and try to leave, I would go in the opposite direction as fast as I could. Maybe he threatened her to go with them?
    Because girls are dumb. Sorry ladies, but some just aren't the most cerebral. They think with their hearts and not their heads. This motherfucker has L O S E R written all over him, and it's sad that Anarae had to suffer at his hands. If she didn't know who he was, didn't know he was capable of this type of behavior then that says quite a bit. However, I have a strong suspicion she knew the type of person he was. Not saying she deserved what happened to her at all, but if you are stupid enough to trust someone you just saw murder another dude then you're asking for trouble. Even though it's probably true that she was a "good girl who got involved with the wrong type of people", common sense has to rear it's ugly head sometimes. For her, unfortunately, that came far too late...if it even came at all.

Do us a favor, moms who have daughters: teach your children to respect themselves first, long before they respect others. Teach them the difference between right and wrong, good and bad. Teach them that self respect will always work in their favor.
    Make sure they know that they can come to you to talk, that they can trust you, that they feel comfortable with you. Most of the girls we read about in stories like this one do not have good relationships with family and look for it in people who take advantage of their weaknesses. With hope, they'll "get it" before it's too late.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information