Thread: Michael Kingsbury (7) found dead in a car

Michael Kingsbury (7) found dead in a car

WASHINGTON -
    D.C. police say a 7-year-old boy with autism has been found dead in a car near the family's home.

Michael Kingsbury disappeared Sunday morning near his home in Northeast D.C.

Police say he was found inside a locked car behind a short fence on private property just two apartment buildings down from where he lived.

D.C. police and dozens of recruits went going door-to-door in the Trinidad neighborhood where Kingsbury was last seen around 9 a.m. Sunday.

Michael's mother, Katrina Kingsbury, thanked the community Monday night for coming out to help with the search.

Many who helped look for the little boy just can't imagine how they missed him.

"We were there four times," said Gaston McVea, who was one of the dozens of people who helped search for Kingsbury after he disappeared. "That was our central location and somehow we missed this."

A death investigation is now underway.

"One of the things that we need to figure out is, first of all, when exactly did the child get into the car," said D.C. Police Assistant Chief Peter Newsham. "It's too early to determine whether or not somebody missed something or not. Obviously, we'll look into all of that."

Meanwhile, many in the Trinidad community said they are angry by what they believe was a late response and lack of resources dedicated to searching for the missing boy. Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie said he understands the concerns.

"Folks in the community were concerned, [they] have every right to be concerned," he said. "But obviously, I'm more concerned about Miss Kingsbury and the family, specifically, how they're going to get through this trying time."

Michael Kingsbury was last seen wearing just a diaper and possibly a red t-shirt. His 5-year-old sister told their mother he was skipping down an alley behind their home on West Virginia Avenue.

"My daughter came in and said my son was out back playing around the yard and I go out back to tell him to come in the house and he was nowhere to be in sight," said Katrina Kingsbury. "And I haven't seen my son since Saturday night and I'm just going crazy. I just want somebody to bring my son home. He's been loved and I just miss him so much and I just want him to come home."

Her neighbors said it is all they can think about.

"It's upsetting," said Anita Powell. "Since I heard it yesterday, I've just been praying for the family and the little boy."

Powell said she is concerned because of some of the people who live in and visit this neighborhood.

"With all the prostitution and stuff in this area, something long should have been done about it," she said. "And I just really hope that [someone] hasn't come and picked up this little child and taken him away."

Katrina Kingsbury said she and her young children just moved to the neighborhood in April.

"He's at the high spectrum now because he can read," said Michael's mother. "He has a photographic memory. He can talk. He can talk to me. Carry a full conversation with me. He can spell. He knows his name. He knows how to write his first name."

RIP Michael

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2278028...#ixzz2YWLmO2Bq
    Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook
    Last edited by luvit; 08-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    a 7 year old who is still in diapers is not on the high end of the autism spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I haven't even heard about this until reading this thread. :undecided;

Snipped

Police said during the press conference that the car was checked out several times, by at least 3 police officers.
    Michael's mother told police she looked at the very same car her son was later found.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/26...n-By-DC-Police

are they sure he was in there the entire time and wasn't noticed, or maybe someone left him in there at a later time/day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    are they sure he was in there the entire time and wasn't noticed, or maybe someone left him in there at a later time/day?
    I'm going with someone left him in there at a later time/day, but you never know.

Neighbors say there were two cars parked in the lot for months.
    On Monday night, someone saw Michael in one of them. They had to smash the window to get him out.
    http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/26...n-By-DC-Police

If Michael got into the car by himself he locked the door after getting in
    Last edited by luvit; 07-10-2013 at 12:54 PM.

that would be the only thing that would make sense. but they keep saying it over and over again, so maybe they did make a mistake. i don't know, but its very strange. Hopefully whoever did this or if he wondered into the car by himself is found/determine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Maye he had crawled under some blanket tho in the backseat or on the floor board. No one would have thought about it i suppose.

The family and friends of a 7-year-old boy who was found dead the day after wandering from his home was remembered during a funeral Friday.

Michael Kingsbury, who had autism, disappeared from his family's home July 7.

Thirty-six hours after he disappeared, the boy's body was discovered on the rear seat floor of a car parked on a neighbor's property about 40 yards from the Kingsbury family's home on West Virginia Avenue.

Temperatures had been in the mid-80's for days. Experts say it likely exceeded 120 degrees inside the car.

The car, a Nissan Altima, was not being used, had no license plates, and a broken door lock.

Those who gathered for the funeral say the question still haunts them: How did Michael escape the notice of the many searchers who looked in that car?

By official accounts, at least six searchers -- both civilians and police officers -- had looked in, but not opened, that car, beginning shortly after Michael disappeared.

The medical examiner found no signs of trauma, and couldn't give an approximate time of death, police said, but there was obvious decomposition to the body. Authorities continue to investigate the cause and manner of Michael's death.

On Friday, inside the Bethesda Baptist Church in Northeast D.C., Michael was remembered by those who knew him best, many of them donning ribbons with a puzzle-piece print for autism awareness.

His mother, Katrina, struggled through tears to read a poem. "Do not let your tears fall, because I cannot wipe them all," she read as she cried.

"The blessing for us is to have known Michael Kingsbury," said Michael's uncle, Paul L. Travers, Jr. "...Michael was in this world, but wasn't of this world. Michael didn't see the things we saw. He didn't react to things the way we reacted. He accepted them off of faith and love. He smiled."

A representative from the office of D.C. Councilmember David Grosso also spoke during the service.

"This is a very sad day for the District of Columbia and its citizens," said James Banks, director of special projects for Grosso.
    "We've lost a life, and not only have we lost a life, we lost a young life, a life that had potential, a life that showed the future, and a life that could have made our city better."

Grosso sent a letter with Banks to Michael's mother that read in part, "May we all cherish his memory and hold onto the wonderful times that you had with him: his smiles, his hugs, and the joy that he gave you."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...216133671.html
    Last edited by luvit; 08-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Sorry for the bump, there doesn't seem to be any investigation into how they missed him yet, but he's such a gorgeous kid he deserves to have his pic with his story. My eldest was incorrectly diagnosed with autism when he was 3 because he didn't speak & he was 7 before they admitted they got it wrong. So this little guy gets to me more than most I guess.

Family and friends gathered Friday to remember seven-year-old Michael Kingsbury. The boy with severe autism was found dead in an abandoned car after he disappeared from his home earlier this month.

Funeral services took place at Bethesda Baptist Church in Northeast D.C.

Michael's mother read the poem "Don't Cry for Me" through tears.

As a family and community bid their final goodbyes to Michael, whose recent disappearance and death gripped a neighborhood and the city, there was little peace.

Marvin Kingsbury, a cousin, said they buried Michael without a sense of closure. Michael was reported missing by his mother on Sunday. An all-out search ensued. Thirty hours later, he was found inside an inoperable car just forty feet from his home.

Previously, the department said officers checked the car and didn't see anything. It wasn't until a veteran detective took a hard look at the car again that Michael was found.

Sources tell ABC 7 that Michael found was face down with his hands under his face on the back floor of the car and was difficult to see. A source also said though, that the owner of the car said when the car was parked there, the driver's door couldn't be locked so it was open.

Multiple sources said when officers found Michael, all of the doors were locked."

I wonder if other kids could've slammed the door on him for a "joke" then got called home & just forgot because they thought he could get out?
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-11-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Thread Information