Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cherish Lily Perrywinkle- 8 year old murdered by registered sex offender

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    Not fun???
    This woman is whack

At a Thursday hearing Assistant Public Defender Fred Gazaleh argued he wanted jurors to know that Perrywinkle has said she’s clairvoyant and always thought her daughter would be dead by the time she was 8. Perrywinkle volunteered that information during a deposition taken in the case.
    http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...d-she-foresaw#

I can't believe she let this strange man also take her daughter to the dressing room!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ok yea...whackkkkkO.

I am thinking she was more interested in a wagon full of free stuff and less worried about her kid.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    Ok yea...whackkkkkO.

I am thinking she was more interested in a wagon full of free stuff and less worried about her kid.
    In a way, I do feel for her, as she stated her kids desperately needed clothes. And when someone offers up free clothes and food, and your kids really need it, I can see how that would be hard to pass up. But I don't get her allowing to be alone for even a second with a strange man. NOT okay.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Man, I just now read all the updates about this. What a wild situation. This guy certainly preyed on the right people. Mom is insane, dad is what? A deadbeat? Those other kids are way better off in foster care.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I understand her NEEDING things for her children... As I need things for my own. But I would NEVER allow my group to get into a STRANGERS Van, to head over to the local wallyworld for free panties and "high heels". I'm sorry if she's ..."slow", but COME ON MAMA!!

Indiana toddler found :(

Please help me post this... Story has been killing me. I either haven't figured out how to post, or if this site just won't allow a "noob" to post...and it won't allow me to search for this story, so sorry if this is a dupe...
    The Indiana 1-year-old girl found dead in a rural area was raped and smothered to death with a cloth by a family friend, prosecutors said Monday.

Police said Kyle Parker, 22, showed them where they could find the body of Shaylyn Ammerman, and an autopsy later revealed that, in her last moments, little Shaylyn suffered sexual violence, The Indianapolis Star reported.

The forensic pathologist who led the autopsy called it the ?worst case of sexual trauma? she has seen in her career, and a judge denied Parker bail Monday. Parker appeared on a video feed from Owen County jail and said that he understood the charges against him when asked.

When Shaylyn Ammerman's grandmother put her to sleep in her crib Tuesday night, the 1-year-old was wearing pajamas printed with owls. She had a purple pacifier and a Winnie the Pooh blanket.But then, prosecutors allege, she was removed from her crib inside their Spencer home by 22-year-old Kyle Parker, a man described as a friend of a friend to Shaylyn's uncle.

Parker then drove toward Gosport with Shaylyn in the car, alive.
    And then, in the final moments of Shaylyn's short life, prosecutors allege, Parker pulled over and brutally raped the girl, before smothering her with a cloth in his vehicle.
    More than 30 hours later, Shaylyn's body would be found next to a tree in an isolated, rural patch of land where the White River and Indian Creek meet, just outside of Gosport. She was suffocated, an autopsy showed, and badly bruised.

It was the "worst case of sexual trauma" forensic pathologist Donna Stewart had seen in her career. Stewart, who conducted the autopsy in Louisville, Ky., specializes in pediatric autopsies with sexual battery and molestation.
    Shaylyn had "numerous very apparent injuries sustained in a sexual assault," the autopsy found, according to an affidavit filed Monday.

INDIANAPOLIS STAR
    Could suspect in Shaylyn's homicide face the death penalty?

The affidavit charges Parker with rape, murder, child molestation, kidnapping, aggravated battery and a slew of other charges.
    Such horrific cases of child abuse are fairly rare, said Sandy Runkle, director of Prevent Child Abuse Indiana. Cases of neglect are more common, Runkle said.

She advised parents to always be aware of the people who are around their children, particularly young children who cannot talk.
    "When things happen, it's usually not a stranger," Runkle said. "Over 90 percent of the time, it's someone a child knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    In a way, I do feel for her, as she stated her kids desperately needed clothes. And when someone offers up free clothes and food, and your kids really need it, I can see how that would be hard to pass up. But I don't get her allowing to be alone for even a second with a strange man. NOT okay.
    Some could say it also sounds like mom may be wack enough to sell/pimp out her kid.

I don't know about Goodwills in other states, but here they will give parent's clothing vouchers for a certain dollar amount for clothes. Especially if you have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriosityKilledMe View Post
    Please help me post this... Story has been killing me. I either haven't figured out how to post, or if this site just won't allow a "noob" to post...and it won't allow me to search for this story, so sorry if this is a dupe...
    The Indiana 1-year-old girl found dead in a rural area was raped and smothered to death with a cloth by a family friend, prosecutors said Monday.

Police said Kyle Parker, 22, showed them where they could find the body of Shaylyn Ammerman, and an autopsy later revealed that, in her last moments, little Shaylyn suffered sexual violence, The Indianapolis Star reported.

The forensic pathologist who led the autopsy called it the ?worst case of sexual trauma? she has seen in her career, and a judge denied Parker bail Monday. Parker appeared on a video feed from Owen County jail and said that he understood the charges against him when asked.

When Shaylyn Ammerman's grandmother put her to sleep in her crib Tuesday night, the 1-year-old was wearing pajamas printed with owls. She had a purple pacifier and a Winnie the Pooh blanket.But then, prosecutors allege, she was removed from her crib inside their Spencer home by 22-year-old Kyle Parker, a man described as a friend of a friend to Shaylyn's uncle.

Parker then drove toward Gosport with Shaylyn in the car, alive.
    And then, in the final moments of Shaylyn's short life, prosecutors allege, Parker pulled over and brutally raped the girl, before smothering her with a cloth in his vehicle.
    More than 30 hours later, Shaylyn's body would be found next to a tree in an isolated, rural patch of land where the White River and Indian Creek meet, just outside of Gosport. She was suffocated, an autopsy showed, and badly bruised.

It was the "worst case of sexual trauma" forensic pathologist Donna Stewart had seen in her career. Stewart, who conducted the autopsy in Louisville, Ky., specializes in pediatric autopsies with sexual battery and molestation.
    Shaylyn had "numerous very apparent injuries sustained in a sexual assault," the autopsy found, according to an affidavit filed Monday.

INDIANAPOLIS STAR
    Could suspect in Shaylyn's homicide face the death penalty?

The affidavit charges Parker with rape, murder, child molestation, kidnapping, aggravated battery and a slew of other charges.
    Such horrific cases of child abuse are fairly rare, said Sandy Runkle, director of Prevent Child Abuse Indiana. Cases of neglect are more common, Runkle said.

She advised parents to always be aware of the people who are around their children, particularly young children who cannot talk.
    "When things happen, it's usually not a stranger," Runkle said. "Over 90 percent of the time, it's someone a child knows."
    I think you posted this in the wrong thread though.

Thanks animosity... Was phone posting with little sleep. Can a mod move this over?

Quote Originally Posted by CuriosityKilledMe View Post
    Thanks animosity... Was phone posting with little sleep. Can a mod move this over?
    There's a thread for Shayln here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...68#post3680968
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

There's nothing new on the criminal case at the moment, because it was kinda in limbo during the legal wrangling about the constitutionality of Florida's death penalty process, but the Florida Supreme Court recently ruled that capital cases can now move forward, so hopefully they'll get on with it.

Cherish's sisters are now with family in Australia:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/sisters...e-in-australia

Sisters of murdered 8-year-old find new home in Australia

Mother angry after younger sisters of Cherish Perrywinkle adopted by aunt

(Feb. 23, 2017) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The younger sisters of an 8-year-old Jacksonville girl who was abducted, raped and murdered in June 2013 have been adopted by an aunt who lives in Australia.

Rayne Perrywinkle, the girls' mother, said the adoption by her sister was finalized in November, but she didn't learn about it until another sister told her last week.

The custody proceeding for the girls was sealed by a judge.

The girls, Destiny, 9, and Nevaeh, 7, moved at the beginning of January.

The girls' former guardian ad litem, Patricia Parker, said Perrywinkle had the chance to get her daughters back but didn't meet the criteria, which is why the state had no choice but to put them up for adoption.

State law mandates that permanency for children is the goal, and most of the time parents are given 12 months to complete a case plan, which is a faster timeline than other states. Local officials say permanent placement for a child is more important than giving a parent more than the allotted time to meet the requirements to regain custody.

But Perrywinkle said after her 8-year-old daughter, Cherish, was murdered, she was unable to keep a stable job and was often turned down because of who she was because people blamed her for what happened to Cherish. On top of that, she was grieving the loss of her child and was in a dark place, she said.

Police said Donald Smith, a convicted sex offender, met Perrywinkle at a dollar store then took her and her daughters to a Northside Walmart. They said he went to the front of the store with Cherish under the pretense of buying the girl a hamburger, but walked out the front door instead and drove away with the girl in his van.

Cherish's body was found in the woods hours later near Highlands Baptist Church. She had been raped and strangled.

Smith's trial has been repeatedly delayed over issues with Florida's death penalty law.

As Perrywinkle waits for justice for her daughter, she said she is furious and hurt that her other girls were sent to live in Australia.

"I am their mother. I would die for them. I don't care what anyone else says," Perrywinkle said. "I would go without for my children. And there is so much not being said right now."

Parker said once a birth parent's rights are terminated, the system typically seeks family members to adopt children, which worked out in this case.

"Going to Australia, starting a new life with family, that is the best thing for them," Parker said.

Perrywinkle said she hasn't spoken to her sister in years and believes the only reason her sister and her brother-in-law got married was to take the children away from her.

Parker said the couple had been together for years and got married to make sure everyone knew they were serious about providing a stable situation for the girls, even though Florida statue doesn?t require couples to be married to adopt.

"If you can't take care of your children would you rather your children be in foster care or with family?" Parker asked.

Perrywinkle said she wasn't given a fair opportunity to prove her ability to take care of the girls. She said the last time she saw them was during visitation last March. She said she told them she would continue fighting to get them back and feels she was shut out of the process when she lost her parental rights.

"I wish they would just feel for one day what they've done to me," Perrywinkle said. "It's not all about myself. Cherish is the biggest victim in this. She is the biggest victim. But because I'm her mother, I?m the adult, I do the interviews and go to court hearings. But Destiny and Nevaeh Perrywinkle are victims in this too."

Parker said the family is trying to get the girls Australian citizenship so they can attend school. A GoFundMe page has been created to help raise the $25,000 needed for the citizenship process to continue.

GoFundMe for the girls' citizenship costs: https://www.gofundme.com/sq9sb64
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Poor girls. I hope they get some time to actually be kids now.

Just put this sick animal down already.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/articl...s/77-510568838

Donald Smith calls young girls his 'target area,' alludes to Walmart abduction, say prosecutors

(Jan. 22, 2018) While Donald Smith sat in jail, charged with the rape, kidnapping, and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle in June 2013, prosecutors secretly recorded him in his cell.

The existence of the audio recordings is not new; prosecutors revealed that they had 72 hours of audio as part of the discovery process.

But Monday was the first time prosecutors revealed the specific -- and damning -- clips they want to play at trial.

Prosecutor Mark Caliel told Judge Mallory Cooper they have narrowed the 72 hours to less than four minutes of conversation and four individual clips.

He says the first clip introduces the two inmates "looking out of their cell, and they are commenting on young juvenile girls."

The second clip includes comments by Smith in that same context, saying, "That's my target area -- that's what I go after."

The third clip specifically references Walmart. The Lem Turner Walmart is the last location Cherish Perrywinkle was seen alive, and the spot where surveillance footage appears to show her leaving with Donald Smith. Her body was found the following morning in a creek of Broward Road.

Caliel told the judge, "Mr. Smith is talking with this other inmate, while they are engaged in this conversation about these young girls that they are looking at and says, quote, 'I'd like to run into her at Walmart,' ... so that's an admission relating back to this particular case."

Prosecutors said that in the fourth clip the inmates discuss the physical attributes of the victim. Caliel said it features "the other inmate asking whether or not the victim in this case had a butt."

Caliel says Smith responded, "She had a lot of butt for a white girl."

Judge Cooper now must decide whether the recorded clips have evidentiary value or, as Smith's attorney argued, are unnecessarily inflammatory and prejudicial. Attorney Julie Schlax noted the prosecution has plenty of evidence in the case -- which includes DNA evidence surveillance footage, and eyewitness accounts -- and that the recordings would simply add an outrage factor to the case.

Cooper said today she will decide before trial, but did not give a firm deadline.

Smith is due back in court Wednesday for several more hours of pretrial hearings.

I understand how he got out of jail because you can't hold an inmate last their end of sentence in jail - whether it was enough jail time is a different issue.

But how did he get out of civil commitment without engaging in therapy? It is a requirement to move through a CC/SVP program. No one who fails to participate in therapy gets out, period.

Unless I misunderstood and he wasn't civilly commuted after his other offenses... but as I'm reading it, he was.

Ugh. This is disgusting. I'm glad her sisters are getting a new life.

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jury selection began Monday in the trial of a Florida man accused of abducting, raping and killing an 8-year-old girl in 2013. The defense lost multiple requests to move the trial and to suppress graphic photos of the girl's injuries.

Donald James Smith, 61, is scheduled to stand trial Monday on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual battery. Smith is accused of killing Cherish Perrywinkle after luring her family to Wal-Mart in June 2013 with promises to buy food and clothing. Cherish's mother called 911 after she began to suspect Smith had left with the girl.

The defense failed in multiple attempts to get the trial moved, arguing last week that it will be impossible for Smith to get a fair trial in Duval County, according to reports by CBS affiliate WJAX.

The defense also argued that jurors should not be allowed to see autopsy photos detailing the 8 year-old's injuries and evidence of sexual assault, but the court is allowing them into evidence. The jury panel will be selected from a pool of 300 candidates.

In a Florida Times-Union report, Medical Examiner Valerie Rao said in pretrial testimony that Cherish suffered "extremely shocking" injuries.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trial-o...year-old-girl/

How can they try to argue that the ry shouldn't see the photos? Isn't that standard opperations?

That poor poor girl.

The medical examiner said the child's female anatomy was 'totally distorted' from the trauma of the rape, as First Coast News reporter Anne Schindler live-tweeted.

She estimated that it took the eight-year-old 3-5 minutes to die. As she was being strangled, her right eye began bleeding.
    Rao also revealed that Cherish had attempted to fight back and managed to inflict an injury on Smith's penis after he allegedly attempted to force oral sex on her.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz574hoXiiJ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Also on Tuesday, State Attorney Melissa Nelson played for the jury secret recordings that were done in jail, and on which she said Smith could be heard bragging about his crime.

'She had a lot for a white girl,' the defendant could be heard telling another inmate on the tape, apparently referring to eight-year-old Cherish's buttocks.

After the prosecution rested its case, the defense said it will not be calling any witnesses and also rested.
    Closing arguments will be presented on Wednesday, after which the case will go to the jury for deliberations.

I watched the footage of the medical examiner's testimony. It was hard to watch, and hear. I'm not surprised Dr Rao broke down ☹

Here's hoping!!

Man who allegedly brutally killed Cherish Perrywinkle could get death penalty.

A JURY took just 14 minutes to decide that a man dubbed the ?Walmart Monster?, should face execution after he brutally killed an eight-year-old girl who he lured to her barbaric death.

Harrowing images of the battered body of the girl who was raped and brutally killed left the entire jury traumatised and in tears.

Cherish Perrywinkle was abducted from a Florida Walmart before being sexually assaulted and strangled until her eyes bled by a man who convinced her he was just a ?good Samaritan?, reports
    The Sun.

Donald Smith, 61, has appeared in court charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and rape of the eight-year-old girl in June 2013. He denies the charges.

He now faces the death penalty after the jury delievered a unanimous verdict against him in a Jacksonville courtroom.

At his trial, the court was shown video of the moment Smith led the child away from her family while out shopping.

The court was also shown graphic images of the state of the child?s body, leading jury members to gasp in horror and break down in tears.

The images were so disturbing that the medical examiner giving evidence about the injuries sustained looked so traumatised that she needed a break in proceedings.

Jacksonville chief medical examiner Dr Valerie Rao stopped her testimony as images of the child were displayed in the Florida courtroom, saying: ?She had so much trauma, the anatomy was totally distorted by the injury she suffered.

?She died after she sustained tremendous force on her neck such that she could not breathe.?

Dr Rao, visibly shaken, then asked the court for a five-minute break.

Sources from the courtroom claim the man accused of the child?s horrific murder ?turned his back when autopsy pictures were shown."

Smith had been released from prison just 21 days before he allegedly abducted and murdered the little girl and had been on the sex offenders register since 1993.

Devastating footage was released during the trial last year showing the moment the young girl was approached while out with her mother and sisters.

He is seen luring the child away from her mother, reportedly offering to take her to McDonald?s.

The CCTV footage documents the last time the child was seen alive.

Post-mortem reports found severe injuries and contusions all over her body, and concluded that the eight-year-old had been strangled with a piece of clothing after being tortured and raped.

Smith was arrested 10 hours after the child was abducted after his vehicle was spotted by a police officer.

The little girl?s half-naked body was found outside a church the following day.

http://www.news.com.au/world/man-who...76f5781f205521

This piece is going to get what he wants. He's afraid of being in general pop because he doesn't want to get raped and murdered. Uh... No one does, mutha fucka, get it? Sheesh, this whole thing is fucked.

Goddammit. They better not commute his sentence

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think he should get a new trial if he agrees to be in general population and all the prison guards turn a blind eye for 72 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Considering the jury took only 14 minutes to recommend death, the graphic autopsy photos probably were a factor. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information