Thread: Aaron Gould (23) - 16 June 2013

Aaron Gould (23) - 16 June 2013

WEST RUTLAND - Aaron Emery Gould, 23, of West Rutland, was called to God's loving arms Sunday, June 16, 2013.

He was born in Rutland July 8, 1989, the son of Michael L. Gould and Margaret M. Martucio.

Aaron was a graduate of West Rutland High School, class of 2007.

He was employed at Video World and had plans to attend barber school.

Surviving are his father, Michael Gould and Joanne Heath of Rutland; his mother, Margaret Martucio and James Manley of West Rutland; his sister, Kristi M. Gould of West Rutland; two brothers, Michael J. Gould and his wife Ashley of West Rutland and Sid N. Martucio of West Rutland; his paternal grandmother, Glendean Gould of West Rutland; and his niece, Arianna Alexander.

Visiting hours will be held Thursday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Mullin-Clifford Funeral Home in West Rutland.

Funeral services will be held Thursday at 12:00 p.m. at St. Bridget Church in West Rutland. Burial will follow in Pine Hill Cemetery in Brandon.

Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society, Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
    Published in Rutland Herald on June 18, 2013
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rut...184&fhid=19665
    https://www.facebook.com/aaron.gould.104

Sorry just saw now the text didnt copy- here is the text from the article.

Police: Robberies were plan to raise bail

By Brent Curtis
    STAFF WRITER

Haley E. Walker told police she knew that a plan to rob convenience stores to bail a friend out of jail was a bad idea but she went ahead with it anyway, according to court records.

“Of course I didn’t want to attempt to rob a store. It was stupid and reckless and careless but I let people talk me into it,” Walker told Rutland police after her arrest Wednesday night. “I went up to the store and was really nervous and almost backed down but then I thought about everybody calling me a (expletive) and saying that I don’t love Kayla.”

The 17-year-old allegedly told police it was her devotion to a friend that led her to enter the Jai Indian Restaurant and convenience store at the corner of West Street and Crampton Avenue brandishing a pellet gun molded to look like a .44-caliber magnum revolver, according to court records.

But police said the plan to raise $1,500 by robbing three West Street convenience stores back-to-back-to-back backfired on Walker and her alleged accomplice, 21-year-old Aaron E. Gould of West Rutland, who was arrested later Wednesday night for allegedly trying to rob the Sunoco station on Route 4A in West Rutland.

The pair appeared in Rutland criminal court Thursday where Walker pleaded innocent to a felony count of attempted assault and robbery with a weapon and Gould pleaded innocent to felony charges of attempted assault and robbery and aiding in the commission of a felony.

Bail was set at $15,000 for Walker and at $30,000 for Gould, who was also ordered held without bail for allegedly violating his probation on a prior heroin possession conviction.

Walker was arrested first on Wednesday after clerks in the store told police they wrestled the pellet gun away from her and held her until police arrived. The clerks told police that Walker entered the store wielding the gun and demanding money from the register at about 8:20 p.m.

Not long after, the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department received a call from the Sunoco station where the clerk told police a man entered the store and said “Don’t make me pull my gun” before demanding all the $20 bills in the register.

The clerk told police he refused to open the register and ordered the man, who he recognized as a regular customer, to leave the store. The clerk told police the man who threatened him — who he later identified as Gould — was at the store earlier Wednesday evening demanding that the clerk leave the store to help him at the gas pump.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Jeffrey Stephenson said police later found Gould driving Walker’s Jeep Cherokee on Evelyn Street in Rutland. Gould allegedly told police that Walker had committed both robbery attempts. Later, he told police that he had entered the Sunoco and asked the clerk for a $20 bill but he denied any attempt to rob the store.

http://www.vermonttoday.com/apps/pbc...WS01/704229867

Thread Information