Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1132

Thread: Kendrick Johnson (17) Dies after getting trapped in gym mats

http://www.wsfa.com/2018/11/15/third...ults-released/

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - WALB has obtained autopsy results of the third autopsy done on Kendrick ?K.J." Johnson.
    In what appears to be an addendum to the second autopsy report, done in June of 2013, it was determined Johnson?s cause of death was non-accidental blunt force trauma to his right neck and right thorax, which is the body cavity between the neck and abdomen.
    The third autopsy also contradicts the findings of the first autopsy, which determined the cause of death as positional asphyxia.
    Although there were additional findings in the autopsy done by Forensic Dimensions, that revealed blunt force trauma was found to Johnson?s right chest, it?s one affidavit that makes it?s way to the forefront.
    According to that affidavit provided by Johnson?s parents, on February 9th of 2018, a witness gave their testimony stating that an acquaintance confessed that another person killed Johnson.

An exert from the document, where all names have been removed to protect identities, states "The person struck Kendrick Johnson in the neck with a 45lb. weight or dumbbell.
    It went on to say that an agent in someway,?facilitated the editing of the high school?s surveillance video by corrupting or deleting some one hour and twenty-five minutes of the original recording.?
    K.J.?s mother, Jackie Johnson says these documents, the autopsy, affidavits among other findings have been passed on to the Lowndes County Sheriff?s Office, and is hoping to get the case re-opened.

I wish they'd had better people advising them. This case is such a fucking shitfest now that even if they do come up with legit evidence the vast majority of people aren't going to take it seriously

I just want these people to get some peace. Whatever the truth is, I hope that they find it. I have always thought things were a tad hinky. Some things didn't completely add up for this death to be an accident. I guess I just thought the answer given, that it was accidental, was more like one of those common core math problems.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I knew the findings were going to be interesting; but i didnt know that the same guy was going to do it.
    Why not hire a different pathologist?

Was it the same guy as the second one? What's the fucking point of that?

It sounds like the autopsy version of "AHEM, I SAID ..."

Or are you making a joke about the similarity? It's just after 6.30am here, I only just made my coffee & I'm not capable of thinking or reading yet

Edit : & yes, you're right. I should've shutup until I was

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Was it the same guy as the second one? What's the fucking point of that?

It sounds like the autopsy version of "AHEM, I SAID ..."
    I hope we are misunderstanding. If not, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Was he looking for something else? Did he lose his watch or wedding ring in there the first time and had to go back? That totally makes no sense whatsoever. Couldn't he have checked his notes and pics from last time without digging this poor kid up again?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

The parents had him dug up so they are the ones to blame; they presumably retained this guy because he told them what they wanted to hear the first time.

Sounds like all he did was post an addendum to his first autopsy basically.

Yeah, if it's the same guy it seems pretty redundant. A third opinion might've helped but bringing the same guy out again was only ever going to provoke massive eye rolls after everything else that's happened.

If you're not following @autopsy.pathology on IG, you should be. First thing I saw when I opened my feed and I knew exactly who it was before reading.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    God this thread is still going...
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Back to this thread after listening to the Podcast Crime Junkies. I can't believe this family is still fighting for justice.

I am on the side of "this was no accident" although that side is seemingly the unpopular one.

I had to work at this gymnasium last night during a basketball game. It was kind of eerie knowing a kid died in the same location I was standing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I had to work at this gymnasium last night during a basketball game. It was kind of eerie knowing a kid died in the same location I was standing in.
    He died in the old gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    He died in the old gym.
    Oh. I didn't realize that. I have been to the old gym, but that was a year or so ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/n...c54d9350d.html

this case will not end; this lawsuit will end up getting thrown out too.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/n...c54d9350d.html

this case will not end; this lawsuit will end up getting thrown out too.
    The fact that they were ordered to pay defendants $300,000 for legal fees would send a clear message to most people to stop filing lawsuits but not these two apparently.

If he was rolled up they would've known it from the lack of tugging on the skin and clothing. Same as they know if somebody hung themselves or if they were hung by somebody else. "I dated a "coroner"

https://www.walb.com/2020/07/01/cour...-johnson-case/

and dismissed yet again.

just give it another year, this will likely be re-filed.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/09/u...ion/index.html

Investigation into death of Georgia teen found in a rolled-up gym mat 8 years ago will be reopened
    By Victor Blackwell and Devon M. Sayers, CNN
    Updated 8:27 PM EST, Tue March 09, 2021

(CNN)An investigation into the death of Kendrick Johnson, the Georgia teenager found dead in a rolled-up gym mat eight years ago, has been reopened, according to Lowndes County Sheriff Ashley Paulk.

The body of Johnson, 17, was found upside-down in the mat in Lowndes County High School in January 2013. Local investigators ruled his death was an accident.

Johnson's parents have said they think their son was killed.

"It's been eight long years," Johnson's mother, Jacquelyn Johnson, told CNN on Tuesday. "I'm feeling hopeful."

The initial investigation concluded that Johnson accidentally slipped into the center of the mat while reaching for a shoe and got stuck. An autopsy conducted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation determined that the cause of Johnson's death was accidental positional asphyxia.

But an autopsy conducted by a pathologist hired by Johnson's family determined that the cause of death was "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt-force trauma" to the neck.

Paulk, who at the time of Johnson's death was a retired former sheriff, said Tuesday he was "not sure when this situation happened" that it was an accident.

"If there's questions -- and they're legitimate -- I need to know the answers myself. The only way I'm going to know is to look at the evidence myself," Paulk said.

After a two-and-a-half year federal probe, "investigators determined that there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone or some group of people willfully violated Kendrick Johnson's civil rights or committed any other prosecutable federal crime," the Department of Justice said in a statement in 2016.

Paulk came out of retirement in 2017 and in April 2019, he requested that information collected during the federal investigation be released to his department.

"It is vitally important that we have access to any information on the case of K.J. Johnson that any federal agency has not previously released," Paulk wrote in a letter to the US Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia.

Federal investigators declined the request in July 2019.

Paulk credited a November 2020 visit by the Johnsons with federal investigators for the eventual grant of the request.

"We're not asking for any favors. We're not asking for anybody to lie for us. We just want the truth to come out," Johnson's father, Kenneth Johnson, told CNN.

Paulk said his office received 17 boxes of written and electronic evidence from the federal investigation.

"The investigation included, among other things, interviewing nearly 100 people; reviewing tens of thousands of emails and text messages; reviewing surveillance videos from Lowndes High School; and analyzing other available information regarding the events of January 10-11, 2013," Justice Department officials said in their 2016 statement.

Paulk said some of the original investigators will be used along with some new investigators for the reopened case. The first interview was conducted Monday, according to Paulk.

The investigation could take up to six months.

"My plan is to see if there are any discrepancies between the reports," said Paulk, who is leading the investigation.

He added he has no predisposition regarding the case.

"I'm hoping that he does the right thing," Kenneth Johnson said of Paulk. "I just hope that the truth comes out."

Lowndes County High School is in Valdosta, about 15 miles from the border with Florida. The county has an estimated population of 117,000, according to the US Census Bureau.

Feds know there isnt anything in the files so they released it to embarrass the family yet again.

Oh no not this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Oh no not this thread!
    It's baaaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'd still like to know how the shoe that he was supposedly reaching for wasn't completely drenched in body fluids - since in the police scenario it was on the floor beneath his head the entire time he was suspended upside-down in the mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It's baaaaack!
    Ahhh crap! Doesn't this attract all the crazies?
    Without reading it all back, wasn't this just a tragic accident, that he got stuck in the matt trying to get his shoes out?

Thread Information