Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Johnson (17) Dies after getting trapped in gym mats

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    If you read the thread it might help put that confusion at bay.
    Ouch. yes ma'am. I admit I was skimming through.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
    Ouch. yes ma'am. I admit I was skimming through.
    Haha I'm not being a dick. It's seriously talked about in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Haha I'm not being a dick. It's seriously talked about in this thread.
    That's why I lol'd. I also was not being a dick. FTR.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Has anybody heard anything about the 2nd autopsy being released? I thought this kid's parents lawyer was going to make a statement to the press a while ago?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/03/ju...?iref=obinsite

Kendrick Johnson, the teenager whose body was found rolled in a wrestling mat in a south Georgia high school in January died from blows to the neck and elsewhere, not from accidental suffocation, a newly released, independent autopsy report says.

The report, obtained exclusively by CNN, directly contradicts the finding of an autopsy conducted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation that determined Johnson's death was the result of "positional asphyxia." The Lowndes County Sheriff's Office determined it was accidental.

The new report blames "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma."

Johnson, 17, was found January 11 in a rolled wrestling mat in a Lowndes County High School gym in Valdosta.
    What happened to Kendrick Johnson?
    Coroner tells CNN to 'destroy' interview

Inconsistencies in the initial official reports on the condition of Johnson's body led the family and community to question the ruling on the cause of death.

The family's attorney, Chevene King, has sent the independent autopsy report to the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division, The Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. attorney for Georgia's Middle District and the Lowndes County coroner for review.

The coroner has the power to call an inquest, a process that resembles a grand jury proceeding. After reviewing evidence and testimony, a jury would decide the cause of death, although the findings alone would have no civil or criminal consequences.

"Coroner's inquests are not something you do every day. I cannot tell you the last time a coroner's inquest was done in this office," Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson told CNN.

"I want to do the right thing by the people and the county and all concerned, I'm just not sure we have enough information," he said. "I'm not about to refute anybody's findings because I'm not a doctor."

On May 1, a judge granted the Johnsons' request to exhume their son's body for the purposes of a conducting an independent autopsy at their expense.

That autopsy, conducted June 15, found blunt force trauma to the right neck and soft tissues "consistent with inflicted injury."

That supports the narrative of the initial patient care report, written January 11, the day Johnson's body was discovered, citing "bruising noted to the right side jaw."

However, the January 25 report by the Valdosta-Lowndes County Regional Crime Laboratory cited "no signs of blunt force trauma on Johnson's face or body."

The May 5 autopsy completed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified "no significant injuries"

A spokesperson for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told CNN it stands by its report after reviewing the findings of the independent autopsy.

U.S. Attorney Michael Moore said his office has been "working on this for some time. I'm sure at the appropriate time I'll speak with his pathologist."

Moore is reviewing the case but has not launched a formal investigation.

"There are some members of the community that question the result. I want to make sure members of the community and the family and everyone involved has confidence in my work and my decision," Moore told CNN.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Had to dig him up, huh? What a bunch of fuckery

ETA: Sorry to bump this...lol that's what I get after a few glasses of wine...
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Hi
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 10-04-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Drunk posting is a no no
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Classic-you know the article was literally posted like 2 posts ago right?

Lord. I blame the wine.

I think it's safe to say this death is going to remain an accident. I haven't heard anything different.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    Classic-you know the article was literally posted like 2 posts ago right?
    With paragraph breaks.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    With paragraph breaks.
    Yeah yeah

Interesting. Video with crime scene and body images at source. They seriously fucked up that investigation.

Valdosta, Georgia (CNN) -- For the local sheriff's department, the death of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson is a closed book: A tragedy, but an accident. State medical examiners concluded that Johnson suffocated in January after getting stuck in a rolled-up gym mat while reaching for a sneaker. That's a finding his family has never accepted, and one challenged by the findings of a second autopsy they commissioned.

Now, death scene imagery obtained exclusively by CNN has led a former FBI agent to question how the three-sport athlete died."I don't believe this was an accident. I think this young man met with foul play," said Harold Copus, now an Atlanta private investigator. And Johnson's father, Kenneth Johnson, said he believes authorities aren't leveling with his family."They know something happened in that gym, and they don't want it to come out," he said.

A 15-minute video and nearly 700 photos taken by sheriff's investigators in Lowndes County documented the horrific scene. Johnson's body, clad in jeans and and layered orange and white T-shirts, was found wedged into a rolled-up wrestling mat in January. His face was bloated with pooled blood, some of which had poured out of his body, soaking his dreadlocks and spilling onto the floor.

There were more streaks of blood on a nearby wall -- but it wasn't Johnson's, according to investigators. Meanwhile, Copus said there appeared to be no blood on a sneaker that the teen supposedly was attempting to reach, located inches beneath him.

A pair of orange-and-black gym shoes found a few yards from the body had a substance that looked like blood on them, but investigators told CNN the stains weren't blood -- and so the shoes weren't collected as potential evidence. The same went for a hooded sweatshirt found a few feet away from the teen. Copus said he can't explain how investigators handled items found around the gym.

"If you're running a crime scene, then you're going to say 'That's potential evidence. Obviously, we're going to check this out and find out who does it belong to,' " he said.
    Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine refused to discuss the case with CNN, saying, "Our case is closed." But in June, an independent pathologist who conducted a second autopsy for the Johnson family found the teen suffered a blow to the right side of his neck that was "consistent with inflicted injury."

In May, sheriff's Lt. Stryde Jones told CNN that investigators tested the bloodstains on the nearby wall, "and it was not the blood of Kendrick Johnson." Investigators haven't determined whose blood it was, "but it doesn't appear to be involved in our crime in any way," he said.

"In the opinion of our crime scene personnel, after looking at it closely, the blood appeared as if it'd been there for an extended period of time. It didn't appear to be very fresh," Jones said.

But Copus said it's difficult to believe that old bloodstains weren't cleaned up.

"There is no way that they would allow whoever was supposed to clean this gym to leave that blood on that wall," he said.
    In September, the Justice Department said it wouldn't open a civil rights investigation into Johnson's death. But federal prosecutors in south Georgia are reviewing the imagery to determine whether a separate investigation is necessary, the U.S. attorney's office in Macon told CNN.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/08/us/geo...tml?hpt=hp_c2#
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

They did make a good point in the news story, if he had climbed in for his shoes then why are they down by his feet in the gym mats? Shouldn't they be by his head? And how did the blood get around the shoes? There were someone elses shoes and hoodie there, they still do not know who those belonged to and they did not collect them. Also, the streaks of the blood down the wall.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    They did make a good point in the news story, if he had climbed in for his shoes then why are they down by his feet in the gym mats? Shouldn't they be by his head? And how did the blood get around the shoes? There were someone elses shoes and hoodie there, they still do not know who those belonged to and they did not collect them. Also, the streaks of the blood down the wall.
    Shit still sounds fishy to me.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    There is two pairs of shoes ... his gym shoes and his good shoes. The shoes by his feet in the photos are the shoes he was wearing and allegedly kicked off while struggling in the mat. The black/white shoes they show in the CNN video are his gym shoes.

The black/orange shoes in the vid are just some random shoes that had what looks like red paint on them (and was found to not be blood). Not sure why they even mentioned the random shoes, because it sounds they're meaningless. The parent's don't recognize them, and apparently it was common for kids to keep their gym stuff in the mat area.

I'll have to watch the CNN video again when I get the time (and when my kids isn't making so much damn noise), but it looks like the blood on the wall is behind the area where the mats were stacked, so its certainly possible that it was old and had been there a while. Gross.

I have more to add but have to go deal with my crazy kid for now ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Oh look, it gets worse.

Valdosta, Georgia (CNN) -- The death of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson was awful enough for his parents. Then came the doubts about investigators' conclusion that it was an accident.But the discovery that their son's body and skull had been stuffed with newspaper before burial added a horrific new dimension to their anguish and further fueled their skepticism of the official findings.

"We have been let down again," his father, Kenneth Johnson, told CNN. "When we buried Kendrick, we thought we were burying Kendrick, not half of Kendrick." Kendrick Johnson was found dead in a gym at Lowndes County High School in January. State medical examiners concluded that the three-sport athlete suffocated after getting stuck in a rolled-up gym mat while reaching for a sneaker. His parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, never have bought that explanation. They won a court order to have their son's body exhumed and a second autopsy performed in June.

During an autopsy, internal organs are removed and examined before being returned for burial. But when Dr. Bill Anderson, the private pathologist who conducted the second autopsy, opened up the teen's remains, the brain, heart, lungs, liver and other viscera were missing. Every organ from the pelvis to the skull was gone.

"I'm not sure at this point who did not return the organs to the body," Anderson said. "But I know when we got the body, the organs were not there."

Two entities had custody of Kendrick Johnson's body after his death -- the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which conducted the first autopsy in January; and the Harrington Funeral Home in Valdosta, which handled the teen's embalming and burial. GBI spokeswoman Sherry Lang told CNN that after the autopsy, "the organs were placed in Johnson's body, the body was closed, then the body was released to the funeral home." That's normal practice, Lang said.

The funeral home would not comment to CNN. But in a letter to the Johnsons' attorney, funeral home owner Antonio Harrington said his firm never received the teen's organs. Harrington wrote that the organs "were destroyed through natural process" due to the position of Kendrick Johnson's body when he died, and "discarded by the prosecutor before the body was sent back to Valdosta."

Stuffing a body with old newsprint and department-store circulars -- "like he was a garbage can," as Jacquelyn Johnson put it -- isn't exactly standard practice in forensic pathology or the mortician's trade. Vernie Fountain, the founder of a Missouri embalming school, called it "not consistent with the standards of care" in the industry. And Dr. Gregory Schmunk, the president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, told CNN, "I have never heard of this practice."

Organs are typically placed in plastic bag, which is then put back into the body cavity after an autopsy, Schmunk told CNN in an e-mail. While individual organs may be kept back for further testing, he wrote, "This would not amount to all of the organs in any circumstance that I can imagine."

Funeral homes are licensed by the Georgia Secretary of State's office, which has opened an investigation into how Johnson's body was treated, said Jared Thomas, a spokesman for the agency. Anderson, who was hired by the Johnson family for a second autopsy, found Kendrick Johnson had sustained a blow to the right side of his neck that was "consistent with inflicted injury." Challenging the state autopsy's finding of positional asphyxiation, he concluded the teen died as the result of "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma."
    And death scene imagery obtained exclusively by CNN has led a former FBI agent to question how Johnson died: "I think this young man met with foul play," said Harold Copus, now an Atlanta private investigator.

Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine refused to discuss the matter with CNN, calling Johnson's death a closed case. The U.S. Justice Department announced in September that it wouldn't open a civil rights investigation into the case. But federal prosecutors in south Georgia have met with the family's representatives and are weighing whether to open their own probe, said Michael Moore, the U.S. attorney whose district includes Valdosta.

"This is about getting to the facts and the truth, and we want the Johnson family and the community of Valdosta to have confidence in the process," Moore said. "I am cognizant of time, and we continue to move the process along." Moore urged anyone with information about Johnson's death to contact his office. Johnson's parents have come to believe their son's death was no accident, and the macabre discovery about their son's body has only deepened that belief.

"It's unbearable, just about," Jacquelyn Johnson said. "The only thing that wakes you up in the morning is to just keep pushing."
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

geez, man. what the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I can't imagine this family's pain. They buried their son and then had to endure having his body exhumed and discovered that his organs were gone and newspaper stuffed inside. How disgusting. I am at a loss for words. I watched the coverage on CNN. Heartbreaking. No way was his death an accident.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    There is two pairs of shoes ... his gym shoes and his good shoes. The shoes by his feet in the photos are the shoes he was wearing and allegedly kicked off while struggling in the mat. The black/white shoes they show in the CNN video are his gym shoes.

The black/orange shoes in the vid are just some random shoes that had what looks like red paint on them (and was found to not be blood). Not sure why they even mentioned the random shoes, because it sounds they're meaningless. The parent's don't recognize them, and apparently it was common for kids to keep their gym stuff in the mat area.

I'll have to watch the CNN video again when I get the time (and when my kids isn't making so much damn noise), but it looks like the blood on the wall is behind the area where the mats were stacked, so its certainly possible that it was old and had been there a while. Gross.

I have more to add but have to go deal with my crazy kid for now ...
    I think their point with the non-blood-covered shoe was that it should have been collected as evidence. Investigators said it wasn't blood, but they didn't do further testing on it or treat it as evidence etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    geez, man. what the fuck?
    Seriously, his poor parents. I honestly don't know how they do it. Nobody deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Seriously, his poor parents. I honestly don't know how they do it. Nobody deserves that.
    I don't know how they do it, either. If one of my babies were to die, their death would be enough to bury me. But all of this?? I would probably be found hanging from a tree. No LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Missing organs? Body stuffed with newspapers? Are you KIDDING me? Holy crap, WTF is going on?!?!
    Last edited by *crickets*; 10-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

The only time I ever returned organs to a body after autopsy was with an Orthodox Jew. All other people's organs were placed in a metal pan and put on a shelf with an identifying number. From that moment they were no longer known as the person, but as "the man in a pan." The reason for this is in case there was any abnormal pathology found on the micro slides we could go back to the pan and get more samples of the organ(s). Once the pathology report was finalized the man in a pan was dumped into a biohazard container and sent to the incinerator along with all the surgical specimens that came through the door; bowels, moles, gall bladders, boobs, limbs, eyeballs.

The brain took a few weeks longer. It would float in a bucket so it could ferment in formalin. Specimens are much easier to cut when they have fermented in formalin.

It was not uncommon to place paper towels in the head cavity or body cavity after autopsy to help soak up some of the left over fluids. When it came to babies we stuffed the head cavity with paper towels so it wouldn't cave in while we stitched it back up.

There is nothing uncommon or shocking about anything I've read or seen on TV about this case. Do I think some things were not handled properly? Yes. Do I think there is a cover up? No.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    The only time I ever returned organs to a body after autopsy was with an Orthodox Jew. All other people's organs were placed in a metal pan and put on a shelf with an identifying number. From that moment they were no longer known as the person, but as "the man in a pan." The reason for this is in case there was any abnormal pathology found on the micro slides we could go back to the pan and get more samples of the organ(s). Once the pathology report was finalized the man in a pan was dumped into a biohazard container and sent to the incinerator along with all the surgical specimens that came through the door; bowels, moles, gall bladders, boobs, limbs, eyeballs.

The brain took a few weeks longer. It would float in a bucket so it could ferment in formalin. Specimens are much easier to cut when they have fermented in formalin.

It was not uncommon to place paper towels in the head cavity or body cavity after autopsy to help soak up some of the left over fluids. When it came to babies we stuffed the head cavity with paper towels so it wouldn't cave in while we stitched it back up.

There is nothing uncommon or shocking about anything I've read or seen on TV about this case. Do I think some things were not handled properly? Yes. Do I think there is a cover up? No.
    I still can't get over the newspapers, though. I never gave any thought to what bodies were stuffed with, just as I'm sure his family didn't until it came to this point where they've been through hell already (regardless of how he died). It sounds ridiculous, but paper towels seem less innocuous than like...Macy's ads. Unless they were those paper towels that have cutesy bunny and flower prints or whatever.

Please tell me you guys didn't use springtime pattern paper towels

Here are some of the photos and some more details. Some of the photos are graphic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-murdered.html

Thread Information