Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Maureen "Anu" Kelly - went on a spiritual quest into the woods while naked - 10 June 2013

.. I highly doubt this girl is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    This is a Headline Roundup at Irish Central News....

Irish American teen missing in Washington after embarking on naked 'spiritual quest' ? VIDEO

Search continues for Maureen Kelly in woods of Skamania County

By: IrishCentral Staff Writers,
    Published Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 8:06 AM Updated Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 1:00 PM

More on the story: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Iri...211174091.html
    The article is a copy of what has already been posted. Interesting that she's Irish and not Native American.

LOL It is because she has listed Ireland as her place of birth on her Facebook page maybe? She deffo doesn't look Irish.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    LOL It is because she has listed Ireland as her place of birth on her Facebook page maybe? She deffo doesn't look Irish.
    Haha mine says I'm a widow. But that's just because I got sick of all the MEET SINGLE GIRLS IN YOUR AREA ads. Funny thing is, eventually, I started getting the ads again. FB decided it was time for me to move on?

But yea, I guess that shit can bite you in the ass. We used to see people really taking the piss back on MySpace.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE SINCE MY SISTER'S A NIJA, THEY CAN'T KEEP SEARCHING IF THEY HAVE NO NEW LEADS..
    ?? What's NIJA?

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    ?? What's NIJA?
    Ninja spelled wrong? Just a guess.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Ninja spelled wrong? Just a guess.
    I think it might be (derogatory?) slang for her nationality... I am trying to find something on it. Then again I could be totally wrong and he thinks she is a ninja.... I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    I think it might be (derogatory?) slang for her nationality... I am trying to find something on it. Then again I could be totally wrong and he thinks she is a ninja.... I'll keep looking.
    It came from her brother. His page is weird. I know, you posted it. :) We have Irish and possibly Hawaiian for her. She goes by "Anu" too, I believe that is the mother of all mother goddesses.

I hope she surfaces and tells us all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    I hope she surfaces and tells us all about it.

I hope so too! Odds are not in her favor today, though. It's cloudy and raining off and on, at least where I am. It's not too cold but definitely not naked hiking weather. The forest is just so dense here and it's not uncommon for hikers to get lost. Some are found alive days later ..some are never seen again.

I still cant understand how anyone let her go off alone? Naked or not...I would never let any of my friends/family members go off into the woods alone.

The articles say her trail ended at a footpath or main road & the dogs haven't been able to pick it up again. How many girls go missing from footpaths & roads? I really hope she's been happily hanging out with nature since she stepped back off that footpath, but I also hope that as soon as they realised they couldn't pick up her trail again, they considered that maybe it was because there wasn't one.

As well as the search & rescue, I hope they had someone looking into vehicles seen at the time & campers who left suddenly. After you get over the initial WTF, regardless of her history & lifestyle, something about this feels really wrong. If she left early evening & it was reported by 1am, it gives the impression they were expecting her back pretty quickly. I don't think she was intending to go far at all, regardless of the way the first stories reported it. But for whatever reason they raised the alarm very quickly.

The people she was with are being referred to as acquaintances rather than friends now that real friends & family are being interviewed. At least one female friend has said she did discuss going on some sort of spiritual quest, but NOT naked, the friend said it's out of character & makes no sense because she's experienced enough to know how to prepare herself to be outdoor.

This stories really getting to me. More than most. She seems like a pretty amazing kid. I really hope she wanders back wondering what all the fuss is about, but shouldn't the dogs have had an excellent scent trail?

& Anu appears to be short for her middle name - Maureen Leianuheaokalikolehua Kelly
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-14-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    The articles say her trail ended at a footpath or main road & the dogs haven't been able to pick it up again. How many girls go missing from footpaths & roads? I really hope she's been happily hanging out with nature since she stepped back off that footpath, but I also hope that as soon as they realised they couldn't pick up her trail again, they considered that maybe it was because there wasn't one.

As well as the search & rescue, I hope they had someone looking into vehicles seen at the time & campers who left suddenly. After you get over the initial WTF, regardless of her history & lifestyle, something about this feels really wrong. If she left early evening & it was reported by 1am, it gives the impression they were expecting her back pretty quickly. I don't think she was intending to go far at all, regardless of the way the first stories reported it. But for whatever reason they raised the alarm very quickly.

The people she was with are being referred to as acquaintances rather than friends now that real friends & family are being interviewed. At least one female friend has said she did discuss going on some sort of spiritual quest, but NOT naked, the friend said it's out of character & makes no sense because she's experienced enough to know how to prepare herself to be outdoor.

This stories really getting to me. More than most. She seems like a pretty amazing kid. I really hope she wanders back wondering what all the fuss is about, but shouldn't the dogs have had an excellent scent trail?

I feel like there's something strange about this story. The sheriff's decision to suspend the search until the end of the week and "The sheriff says deputies will continue to check the area in the next several days and then the operation will be re-evaluated." This seems like an unusually lackluster response to a missing hiker from what i've seen in this area in the past. So far, I have found no local media updates or call for volunteers so the search can be resumed this weekend.

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/...fed2868968db07

Her brother's latest FaceBook post is strange too: https://www.facebook.com/michael.kelly.3511041

"It's times like these when you find out who REALLY cares"

and his response to comments:

"Michael Kelly thanks guys..but I know things;)"

The weather is mostly clear and sunny today so hopefully they will continue to look for her.

TessD: do you live nearby???

We are just north of Vancouver, WA.

TessD: do you live nearby???

We are just north of Vancouver, WA.
    Oh wow! You are a lot closer than I am. I'm about 90 miles south in Oregon but I have hiked in that area. I can't imagine being lost in that forest. Have you heard any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by trepid View Post

How I giggle every time I hear the word fanny pack. It's literally the worst.
    Are you in Aus? I don't think most of the U.S understand the HUGE difference in slang that makes us smirk (or cringe) when we hear it.

ETA wow I'm making some DUMB posts in this thread. Just saw the "Oz" under your name trepid so I'm going to go ahead & assume we're talking about the same thing.
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.

& now for something useful from me (unless someone else already posted it) -

http://kiroradio.com/listen/9957460

This is an interview with a friend that puts the quotes in some of the articles into context. It also has an interview with a female reporter who discusses comments made under fb? pix that make it likely that wearing clothes was not something she enjoyed. Apparently there's TV news interviews with 2 of the people she was with floating around the net as well.

Crap. Now I double post. Serves me right for suggesting the post was useful.
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-15-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Are you in Aus? I don't think most of the U.S understand the HUGE difference in slang that makes us smirk (or cringe) when we hear it.
    There was a CSI episode called "Fanny Smackin'." Some of my Brit friends thought that was hilarious; others thought it was offensive and should be changed. They had to explain it to me, but I get it now.

Anu's friend, Yazmen Woods' twitter https://twitter.com/yazmenrochelle They're setting out to look for her.

Just because she's a "seriously spiritual" Wiccan, or whatever natural religion she's practicing, doesn't mean she or her 19 year old friends know what they're doing. Yazmen is on the link posted by blighted star above http://kiroradio.com/listen/9957460

[QUOTE=oh right;3444785]Anu's friend, Yazmen Woods' twitter https://twitter.com/yazmenrochelle They're setting out to look for her.

Just because she's a "seriously spiritual" Wiccan, or whatever natural religion she's practicing, doesn't mean she or her 19 year old friends know what they're doing.

No. It doesn't. I expect when they arrive they'll realise, like the official searchers that they just don't know where to start. I think the best thing, & only safe thing they should do, is set up a base camp for their friend to return to if she's found seeing as it sounds as though Anu's camp was dismantled & taken away.

ETA it's ok, they're not taking off on their own, when the official searchers quit, family & friends kept going. Some of them have been slogging away up there searching all week. Apparently they've tried to get this across to media but for whatever reason it's not being reported.

Remarks from officials make it sound as though the search was called off because they believe she doesn't want to be found - hence reassessing on the weekend, they're giving her time to finish her quest. No-one who knows her is happy with this decision so one group is actively searching while the other is holding rallies & pushing for the official search to resume so that the group searching gets some much needed help.

[video]http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/4094391/friends_resume_search_for_naked_missing_woman[/video
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-15-2013 at 02:36 AM.

i'm glad to see they have resumed the search. Hopefully they will find her!

Searchers resume effort to located Vancouver woman in Gifford Pinchot National Forest

Print By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
    on June 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM, updated June 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM

About 50 search and rescue volunteers will set out this morning to look for a 19-year-old Vancouver woman who was last seen Sunday walking away from a Gifford Pinchot National Forest campsite wearing only a fanny pack.

Maureen Kelly was supposed to come back that night, but didn't. Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox said teams of searchers are organizing and plan to head out shortly "to see if we can locate her and bring her home."

Weather earlier in the week hindered search efforts, but today's sunny and warm conditions offer a good opportunity for searching, Cox said.

"It should be a good day for locating her," he said.

Kelly told a friend that she was going on some sort of spiritual journey when she set off from the Canyon Creek Campground about 5 p.m. Sunday.

The area, about 60 miles from Portland, is heavily wooded.

-- The Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._river_default

Official search appears to have been called of again. It really sounds like officials are under the impression she doesn't want to be found. I hope they're right. I really hope she's moving around in there like officials assume she is -

Latest article, from http://m.columbian.com/news/2013/jun...ncouver-hiker/

Story by Marissa Harshman Saturday, June 15, 2013

Amboy, WA ? AMBOY ? A daylong search in the dense woods of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest on Saturday failed to turn up any trace of a 19-year-old Vancouver woman who left her campground on Sunday, June 9, and never returned.

The search for Maureen Kelly was called off about 6 p.m. Saturday after about 75 volunteers from 17 search and rescue teams combed a four square mile search area in rugged terrain near Canyon Creek. Communications were coordinated by the Communications Unit from Yacolt Fire District 13.

?We have utilized very professional search and rescue personnel during these operations,? said Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox. ?They are very well trained and we rely heavily on their expertise to search very difficult terrains in various weather conditions. For us to not be able to locate Ms. Kelly is very frustrating to everyone involved,? Cox said.

One searcher received an ankle injury, and one of the search K-9?s split one of its paws.

?We are very fortunate that we did not receive any more injuries today, based upon the terrain we asked our search personnel to work in,? Cox said. The area was rough and steep with some areas covered in thick underbrush and wet moss, he said.

Maureen Kelly was last seen about 5 p.m. on June 9 when she left the Canyon Creek Campground on a ?spiritual quest.? She left on foot and naked, wearing only a fanny pack containing a compass and a knife.

A friend reported Kelly missing just after midnight Monday. Search crews looked for the woman Monday and Tuesday before authorities suspended the search at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

At about 8 a.m. Saturday, the search resumed with teams from Oregon and Washington state.

?We?re assuming she?s up there and moving around,? Cox said in the early hours of the search.

The efforts included ground searches, including some K-9 teams, and vehicle patrols along forest roads, Cox said.

Police determined Kelly crossed Canyon Creek and headed north toward a forest service road. They don?t know where she went from there, Cox said.

Since Kelly had few things with her when she left the campground, she?s not likely to leave behind many clues, Cox said. And since she was barefoot, her footprints aren?t as heavy as they would be with shoes, he said.

?It?s gonna be an issue of looking for a needle in a haystack,? Cox said.

Even though the official ground search was halted earlier this week, Cox said people have continued to look for Kelly.

Deputies will routinely continue to patrol the area and detectives will continue to investigate any tips or leads that may develop, Cox said.

?As credible information is obtained in the coming weeks, it will be evaluated and options discussed at that point,? he said. The public is encouraged to call the Skamania County Sheriff?s Office if they have any information related to Kelly?s whereabouts. The phone number is 509-427-9490.

In addition, Cox said Kelly?s friends and family members have been looking for the woman and have created a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/FindAnuKelly.

& from http://touch.koin.com/r1873/216e9681

Search fails, Maureen Kelly family ?heartbroken? By: Amy Frazier Published: June 15, 2013, 10:37 pm PDT

SKAMANIA COUNTY, Ore. (KOIN) ? After another day of looking in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest for a naked 19-year-old missing for nearly a week, the Skamania County Sheriff?s Office announced they are suspending the search.

This is the search area in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest where teams looked for Maureen Kelly, June 15, 2013 (KOIN 6 News)

Story continues below

Maureen Kelly was last seen around 5 p.m. Sunday at Canyon Creek wearing nothing but a fanny pack. Her friends said she was on a ?spiritual quest? when she went into the forest.

About 75 search volunteers from 17 different

One of the 75 searchers who looked for Maureen Kelly in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, June 15, 2013 (KOIN 6 News)

search-and-rescure groups took part in the day-long search that covered about four square miles.

There was no trace of the young woman from Vancouver.

?We have utilized very professional search and rescue personnel during these operations,? Undersheriff Dave Cox said. ?For us to not be able to locate Ms. Kelly is very frustrating to everyone involved.?

Maureen Kelly?s cousin, Uilani Kaupu, June 15, 2013 (KOIN 6 News)

Kelly?s cousin, Uilani Kaupu, told KOIN 6 News the events are heartbreaking.

?There?s a lot of things that have been running through our mind ever since we found out, and there?s just no leads to anything,? she said.

A search dog tracked Kelly?s scent across a

Search dogs were used to track Maureen Kelly in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. They did not find the missing woman, June 15, 2013 (KOIN 6 News)

creek, but that scent ended at a nearby road.

?You know, someone may have picked her up,? Cox said. ?I mean you could run with this and write a novel off it being from the law enforcement side of things. We think of all the scenarios.?

They have no reason to suspect foul play. But it?s a possibility she was injured.

Kelly?s family said they will keep looking for her.

?It?s just heartbreaking to have to keep searching and you know nothing.?
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-16-2013 at 02:06 AM.

ETA wow I'm making some DUMB posts in this thread. Just saw the "Oz" under your name trepid so I'm going to go ahead & assume we're talking about the same thing.
    Haha. Yes to both these things. I'm on the West coast and I mostly lurk on here (unless I've been drinking).

Maybe at this stage authorities should least rule out the poster channelling Ed Gein on this gun & hunting site last week -

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=602609

Posted - 06/11/2013 : 11:32:16 PM

She's at my house. W.D.

Thread Information