Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Maureen "Anu" Kelly - went on a spiritual quest into the woods while naked - 10 June 2013

It's hard not to get aggravated when people do shit that put others at risk and put a task on resources that could be used on something like finding a little kid or someone who has been kidnapped (which could be a possibility here). I just don't wish anything bad on the girl for being stupid.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    It's hard not to get aggravated when people do shit that put others at risk and put a task on resources that could be used on something like finding a little kid or someone who has been kidnapped (which could be a possibility here). I just don't wish anything bad on the girl for being stupid.
    We can agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

You are right. On the most part I usually agree with most everything you post. :-) U are a wise one on most subjects.

Why is everyone believing the "friend's" story? Were there only the two of them at the campsite? Alright, bare feet footprints, but it's a wacky story.

Apparently she has a FB - can anyone find it?

Search suspended for missing naked woman in the woods
    YACOLT, WA (KPTV) -
    The search for a 19-year-old woman wearing nothing but a fanny pack in the woods of Washington state will be suspended until the end of the week.

Maureen Kelly, 19, set out on a "spiritual quest" and walked away from a campsite at Canyon Creek Campground.

Skamania County deputies said search operations would be stopped at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Maureen Kelly, from Vancouver, set out on a "spiritual quest" and walked away from a campsite at Canyon Creek Campground on Sunday around 5 p.m. A friend reported her missing in the early morning hours Monday, said Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox.

There is no set timeline for resuming the search mission.

"Twelve 4x4 Search teams searched the area again today and we were unable to locate Ms. Kelly," said Sheriff Dave Brown. "They found nothing that is related to this search and rescue mission. We will have deputies continue to check the area for the next couple of days and at that time we will reevaluate our options if Ms. Kelly does not return from her spiritual quest".

Kelly was only wearing a fanny pack, which had a small knife and a compass inside, and perhaps some other items. She was otherwise naked and, though it has been mild, not prepared for the elements.

While Kelly's brother described her as comfortable and capable with the outdoors, he said she's not as prepared as he would have liked.

He's concerned with the way she left and that she didn't tell anyone about when she planned to return.

Other campers also expressed concern. The Canyon Creek area is steep and mountainous with heavy timber and brush.

"It's super cold at night and without clothes. I really don't see how it's possible," said camper Liz Newland.

"There are bears out here, mountain lions, there's any number of things that could get you out here. Landslides are prominent out here," said another camper, Jessica Herman.

Cox said temperatures were mild from Sunday to Monday, and ground search teams looked for Kelly until it got too dark.

The campground from which she disappeared is located in Gifford Pinchot National Forest and it's about 60 miles northeast of Portland.

Search crews said Kelly crossed a creek and climbed up to Forest Road 54, on the other side of the canyon from the campground.

"Where she entered the creek is amazingly steep. It's called Canyon Creek Campground for a reason," said Sharon Ward, with Pacific Crest Search Dogs. "It's very, very steep. So how she got down there barefoot is a wonder. And how she came up out of the bottom is a wonder."

Ward said Kelly's track stopped on the paved road, so search crews spent much of the day trying to find where she may have left the pavement and entered the woods.

It is unknown whether she may be on a road or trail in the area or if she is moving cross country.

Skamania County had requested additional resources from the Washington and Oregon departments of emergency management.

http://www.kptv.com/story/22548141/s...ton-campground

Searching party's facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacif...s/180910964426
    They have a link to a 2 minute video. There are many Maureen Kellys on FB

I dunno. When people go on adventures in places where it takes tons of effort to find you, I become less sympathetic.
    Especially spiritual adventures. Naked. With only a "fanny pack".

She'll be fine.
    Last edited by trepid; 06-12-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Forgot how to quote. Drunk.

This looks to be her criminal record:

Kelley, Maureen L., aka Kelly, Anu L., aka Kelly, Maureen Leianuheaokalikol, 19, 1303 N.W. 49th St., $200, 30 days, theft-3. (Judge Swanger, Dec. 11, 2012)
    http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/d...al-statistics/

Here's her Facebook under Anu Kelly: https://www.facebook.com/anu.kelly.3?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

So it is a dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    So it is a dude?

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I knew it.

Is that any better, Ron? Now I see that she does look native American. I hope she knows what she's doing.

mmm. On perusal of her FB, I'm amending my shroom/acid trip allegation. She seems the type to legitimately go on naked wood adventures seeking self, regardless of any hallucinogenic drug ingestion.

Hopefully she will just wonder out the other end of the woods soon . . .

Her brother's page
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.kelly.3511041

And most recent post:
    "I LOVE MY SISTER MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPLAIN AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYONES WISHES AND PRAYERS BUT TO THE RUDE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW MY SISTER LIKE WE DO, SHE'S BEEN SOBER FOR OVER A YEAR! AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS OF ANY SORT. BUT ULTIMATELY, IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP US KEEP THE SEARCH UP, LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE SINCE MY SISTER'S A NIJA, THEY CAN'T KEEP SEARCHING IF THEY HAVE NO NEW LEADS..SO THANK YOU EVERYONE..ANYTHING HELPS!"
    Last edited by Rockabillychick; 06-12-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added post

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    You mean "her" former page.

Hmmm, I woulda said Hawaiian or Samoan or Pacific Islander based on the middle name in the court records above: Leianuheaokalikol

Oh well. Native American is very likely - we have a lot of tribes here.

Her mother's page.
    https://www.facebook.com/mapuana.kelly1

Hawaiian

.. She went willingly and with complete intent to walk naked and alone in the forest for a spiritual journey?? Anyone even remotely half crazy would jump on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    .. She went willingly and with complete intent to walk naked and alone in the forest for a spiritual journey?? Anyone even remotely half crazy would jump on that.
    It seems to be a popular sport with the locals. Quite a few people on Facebook last night were saying that they've done it.

Some were even saying that the search was an invasion of her privacy.
    Last edited by I doubt it; 06-12-2013 at 12:02 PM.

What are these people smoking??

All I know, is if I went into the Los Angeles National Forest butt naked, you would never find me again because one of the following would happen; Eaten by some type of animal, exposure, rape and killed. I mean, coming out alive would be the shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    This is exactly the case with the college student I just found on youtube. Mushrooms. She copped quite a bit of shit but at least she's ok.
    I hope this girl is too. She won't think so, but she's just a kid. She's going to be pretty messed up when it all wears off - whether it was drugs or just a sudden need to search for enlightenment. Being lost like that would be terrifying fully-clothed & prepared. It's comical in theory, but the reality's pretty fucking awful.
    yep definetly schrooms

Maybe Peyote?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

dimedropper
    they took the campsite down? WTF? when she gets back there, if she does it would be nice if they left some clothes there for her.

Thread Information