Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea Sneiderman- The Dunwoody Daycare Murder of Rusty Sneiderman

This was exactly what I was thinking....I know it was you Fredo

Oops-forgot to quote..I was replying to Feetprints post.

This is a very good summation of the whole case to date- kind of long but it hits everything

Russell “Rusty” Sneiderman had a master’s in business administration from Harvard, had worked as a chief operating officer and a financial consultant, and had struck out on his own as an independent entrepreneur.

​On November 18, he was dropping his 2-year-old off at a Dunwoody, Georgia daycare center when he was confronted by a gunman in the parking lot. He was executed with multiple gunshot wounds in what some would later come to believe was a professional hit.

But it wasn’t. It would take detectives more than a month to find their man, but January 5, 2011 they arrested Hemy Zvi Neuman, an engineer and supervisor at General Electric. Police said a bearded man in a hoodie resembling Neuman fired four shots at the 36-year-old Sneiderman and sped away, blending in with rush hour traffic.

He just happens to be the boss of Sneiderman’s wife Andrea, who’s also an engineer. Both the killer and the victim apparently knew each other, though the nature of their relationship is unclear.

Sneiderman was a father active in medical charities. Neuman, a native of Israel, was equally successful, living in a neighborhood where the homes sell for $500,000. He’d graduated with honors from Georgia Tech before going to work at General Electric 11 years ago.

Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman worked in the same division at General Electric, where they oversaw programs involving nuclear reactors and solar panels.

In the weeks after the slaying, neighbors say they hadn’t seen Neuman. His Facebook page said he was on vacation with his three children in Florida, and it wasn’t updated again until New Year’s. But police have yet to recover a murder weapon or the van used as a getaway car. It’s also unknown how the investigative trail led to Neuman.

The murder could also be money-related, as Neuman appears to be having financial problems. Despite a good job and an expensive home, he’s asked for a public defender, claiming he can’t afford a lawyer.

Neuman’s wife, Ariela Neuman, filed for separation from her incarcerated husband. And she claims he and Andrea Sneiderman were having an affair. ”We believe there was an extramarital relationship between Hemy Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman,” Ariela’s lawyer, Esther Panitch.

Ariela is asking for evidence in the murder probe that pertains to the relationship between Neuman and Andrea. The district attorney’s office recently got a search warrant for email and phone call records between the two suspected lovers. Ariela’s lawyer contends Andrea continued to communicate with Neuman even after her husband’s slaying.

Ariela is filing for a separation from Neuman, claiming adultery and cruel treatment. She’s asking for child support for their 17-year-old daughter.

Hemy Neuman was charged with murder in the death of Russell Sneiderman. Prosecutors and defense attorneys said the shooting was linked to an affair Sneiderman’s wife was having with Neuman, though she denied those allegations.

The jury’s guilty but mentally ill verdict means Neuman will go to prison but he will get mental health treatment while there. Neuman did not show any emotion as the verdict was read.

Neuman, a Georgia Tech graduate and father of three, was a high-ranking manager at General Electric, where he supervised Sneiderman’s wife Andrea. He was arrested about six weeks after the killing when prosecutors discovered he rented a silver minivan seen speeding away from the shooting on the morning of Nov. 18, 2010.

The trial garnered attention because the slaying was brazen, Neuman and Sneiderman had impressive professional backgrounds and because of the questions surrounding Andrea Sneiderman, who was accused of goading Neuman into the killing by both prosecutors and defense attorneys.

She denied knowing anything about the killing.

Prosecutors called the shooting a calculated killing by a jealous man who wanted what he couldn’t have. Neuman’s attorneys argued he could not tell the difference between right and wrong when he killed Sneiderman.

Neuman pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. If the jury had reached that verdict, Neuman would have become a ward of the state mental health department and a judge would have later decided when, if ever, he could be released.

Neuman told mental health examiners he was visited by a demon whose voice sounded like Barry White and an angel who looked like Olivia Newton-John. The angel ordered him to fatally shoot Sneiderman, Neuman said in one interview.

Experts on both sides of the case disagreed over whether Neuman was insane during the shooting.

Neuman’s lawyers said during the month long trial he fell so hopelessly in love with Andrea Sneiderman that he believed he was the father of her two children and that the only way to protect them was to kill her husband. Defense attorney Doug Peters called her a tease and an adulterer who took advantage of Neuman’s deteriorating mental condition to get her husband’s $2 million life insurance policy.

“The gun in this case was in Hemy’s hand,” Peters said. “But the trigger, I respectfully suggest, was pulled by Andrea Sneiderman.”

Hemy Neuman’s lawyer told the jury that there was no doubt that his client gunned down Russell “Rusty” Sneiderman in November 2010. But he said Sneiderman’s wife Andrea fed Neuman’s dangerous delusions by encouraging him to believe he needed to kill her husband to protect her two children.

Prosecutors also had few kind words for Andrea Sneiderman. DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James suggested in his closing arguments that she was Neuman’s co-conspirator and that the two were covering up for each other. But he said her possible influence on Neuman shouldn’t take away from the crime that he committed.

(cont- http://globaljusticeseekers.wordpres...derman-murder/)

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Looks like she has a freaking death grip on this woman's head! Would go along with the threat made outside the courtroom though!
    It looks like an Italian death kiss

dimedropper
    what I find as strange is no one at GE noticed Hemy's meltdown? Surely he had bosses he reported to and in a corporate environment such as this they would notice something being off?Snap, all of a sudden he's insane? That seem's fishy

dimedropper
    Is she out on bail?

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    Is she out on bail?
    Yes she is out and I believe on house arrest, staying with her parents.
    Another interesting twist- she has another love interest so she was playing Hemy all along- getting rid of them both to be with some other guy.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    Another interesting twist- she has another love interest so she was playing Hemy all along- getting rid of them both to be with some other guy.
    tricky wow a mover and a shaker

Exactly! And apparently the new guy left his wife to be with Andrea!

I have the stupids today and cannot get this to post here but here is the 2nd boyfriend- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ5ufV9nuIc

I have the stupids today and cannot get this to post here but here is the 2nd boyfriend- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ5ufV9nuIc
    Here you go

Here's a blog post New Guy wrote for the Friends of Andrea site:

Mystery Man Revealed

I’m not quite sure what the mystery is. I was friends with Rusty. We discussed business and personal things. We shared wine. We shared stories. During the short time he and I got to know each other he was a truly inspirational person in my life. Like the many people who felt the impact of his life, his death struck us all. I remember exactly where I was when my wife told me what had happened and how the community came together to support Andrea… but also how quickly its support dwindled.

What if it happened to me? How would I want people to treat my family? I had this same conversation with my wife when I started spending more time supporting Andrea and her family. I would go over to cut the grass, change a light bulb and sometime just be a presence. Who else was going to do it? Most of her friends had families of their own but my family was already in the process of being divided. I found that both Andrea and I had become support for each other due to the circumstances we were living through. That mutual friendship extended to her entire family.

I hardly knew Andrea before her husband was murdered but I have gotten to know her and her family as an extension of my own. For anyone who knows Andrea, there is no mystery and no mystery man. The mystery man was Hemy Neuman: the mentally ill individual who was convicted of murdering Rusty Sneiderman. But the jury got it right and he is in jail for the rest of his life. The rest of the noise is an attempt to smear Andrea and any of her friends and family.

There are those who want to paint a picture and concoct a story about something far more salacious. I’m sorry to disappoint everyone but it just isn’t there.

Like most supporters of Andrea, I’ve already received threats and have been the subject of backroom conversation. I have no intention of dragging myself or my family into the mud with the media and becoming a source of public scrutiny. I’m not interested in engaging with people who are comfortable hiding behind their keyboards to spout hatred. But Andrea and Rusty have a remarkable story of their lives. And while Rusty was taken from us all prematurely, it is a story that should be told. And it is the one that their children will know about regardless of the anger and hatred that is channeled towards Andrea and her family or their friends. I challenge anybody who has heard the real story of Rusty and Andrea to convict Andrea before the truth is heard.

The haters will hate no matter what. It is their job to promote hate. The kind of hate we try not to teach on playgrounds or in schools. The kind we don’t want our children to learn. But hatred is based on ignorance and lack of information. The public has only seen the side of the curtain the wizard wants you to see. Some are saying that this doesn’t all add up. And those people would be right. We will see it all at trial. Until then, I remain a supporter of Andrea and her entire family.

- Joseph Dell

http://friendsofandrea.com/?p=180

Updated a couple of days ago.

Sneiderman’s lawyers say charges in murder case remain too vague

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In the final pre-trial hearing before jury selection, lawyers representing the Dunwoody widow accused of plotting to kill her husband said the charges against their client remain too vague.

“What is she supposed to have done?” argued John Petrey, an attorney for Andrea Sneiderman. “The state has only said she is party to a crime.”

Sneiderman has denied any involvement in her husband’s death and insists she was never romantically involved with alleged paramour Hemy Neuman, who was sentenced to life in prison in March 2012 for the fatal shooting of Rusty Sneiderman in November 2010.

Petrey said charges that Andrea Sneiderman concealed evidence from Dunwoody police and gave false statements while testifying in the trial of Neuman, her former supervisor at GE Energy, also lack specifics.

“They are so vague and uncertain that the truth or falsity of such statements can’t be obtained,” said Petrey, arguing that portions of the third indictment against Sneiderman should be quashed.

Prosecutors said they’ve met the legal threshold.

“We gave them the information. They just don’t like the information we gave them,” said DeKalb County Deputy Assistant District Attorney Lee Grant.

But Petrey said Sneiderman’s right to due process has been violated because she has not been informed exactly what it is she said or did to merit the charges.

“What did she do to conceal a fact with the jurisdiction of Dunwoody Police Department?” he said. “They certainly haven’t alleged any affirmative act on her part.”

Prosecutor Anna Cross said Sneiderman is being tried on the statements she made to investigators, referencing her denial of an affair with Neuman and her claim that he did not accompany her on a business trip to Colorado.

“She made a statement and we believe it is false. We intend to prove at trial it is false,” Cross said.

Dunwoody Police Chief Billy Grogan told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution last year that his investigators believed Sneiderman, currently living with her parents in Johns Creek under house arrest, lied about her relationship with the Cobb County engineer.

A ruling on the latest motions is expected next week. Sneiderman’s trial is scheduled to begin July 29.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/s...ase-rem/nYPBy/

Evidence suggests Sneiderman defense strategy

Discovery evidence submitted last week by Andrea Sneiderman’s attorneys indicates the defense will portrayits client as another victim of the fatal shooting that took her husband’s life nearly three years ago, who took no part in the killing.
    Sneiderman, who faces malice murder and felony murder charges, denies Dekalb prosecutor’s claims that she encouraged her former boss and alleged paramour, Hemy Neuman, to kill her spouse. Neuman was sentenced to life in prison in March 2012 for murdering Rusty Sneiderman outside a Dunwoody daycare facility.
    Neuman, according to the defense evidence, was stalking the Sneidermans in the weeks leading up the shooting. Specifics of that evidence will remain under wraps until her trial begins later this month.
    In Neuman’s trial, it was revealed that he had originally plotted to kill Rusty Sneiderman on Nov. 10, 2010, eight days before the actual murder. He had driven to the Sneiderman’s home and hidden outside, planning to shoot the 36-year-old entrepreneur after he returned from taking his young son to Dunwoody Prep.
    His plan failed when his intended victim, investigating a gas leak, discovered the Cobb County engineer crouching behind an air conditioning unit.
    Neuman, disguised in a mustache and cap, escaped down a side path and drove away undetected.
    Other items listed in the discovery index — including home movies and and a video Sneiderman made for her husband’s remembrance ceremony — indicate that the widow’s defense team plans to rebut testimony from her former best friend Shayna Citron that her marriage to Rusty was on the rocks.
    The defense also listed evidence of Neuman behaving inappropriately at the funeral of the man he had killed just days earlier.
    Sneiderman’s trial is scheduled to begin July 29. She currently resides with her parents in Johns Creek under house arrest.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/e...trategy/nYbJ5/

Sneiderman attorneys submit evidence list

Attorneys for the Dunwoody widow accused of playing a role in her husband’s murder have submitted a list of the evidence they plan to use at trial to prove she had nothing to do with the crime.

Prosecutors have charged Andrea Sneiderman with murder stemming from the November 2010 murder of her husband, Rusty, outside their son’s preschool.

Last year, a jury convicted her former boss, Hemy Neuman, of pulling the trigger.

Investigators allege Sneiderman was having an affair with Neuman and put him up to the murder. She denies the affair and the criminal charges.

Channel 2 Action News has obtained the discovery list her attorneys filed in DeKalb County Superior Court Thursday.

Among the dozens of items her attorneys plan to introduce during her trial include:

• Evidence that Neuman was stalking the Sneidermans in November 2010
    • Evidence that Neuman acted inappropriately at Rusty’s funeral
    • E-mails between Rusty Sneiderman and Neuman
    • General Electric emails and calendar entries between Andrea Sneiderman and Neuman
    • Andrea Sneiderman’s financial records
    • Communications between Andrea Sneiderman and Rusty’s parents after the murder and Neuman’s arrest.

Sneiderman’s trial is scheduled to begin July 29 and the judge said he expects it to last nearly a month.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ce-list/nYYtc/

I hope this trial is streamed live

This is a bit of an older article, I found on WildAboutTrial

Judge sets 200 person jury Pool for Andrea Sneiderman murder trial
    http://wildabouttrial.com/judge-sets.../?preview=true

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post

I thought I had read it would be but I can't remember where. I so want her to get on the stand again, she is all kinds of crazy

I thought I had read it would be but I can't remember where. I so want her to get on the stand again, she is all kinds of crazy
    I want her to also...admittedly for entertainment purposes. But her attorneys would be super dumb if they did- she's a total whackjob up there and would bury herself within minutes.

Don't think it's gonna happen.

I hope it is too.

I just don't understand how the hell Andrea has all these guys?

Her new boyfriend sounds like peach. He use to be friends with Rusty, but felt sorry for Andrea after Rusty was murdered. So sorry in fact, that he cut her grass and changed her lighbulbs. He left his wife and is now in love with Andrea and supports her.

I hope she takes the stand. She is so bitchy, she just wouldn't be able to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I hope it is too.

I just don't understand how the hell Andrea has all these guys?

Her new boyfriend sounds like peach. He use to be friends with Rusty, but felt sorry for Andrea after Rusty was murdered. So sorry in fact, that he cut her grass and changed her lighbulbs. He left his wife and is now in love with Andrea and supports her.

I hope she takes the stand. She is so bitchy, she just wouldn't be able to hide it.
    I know! You would expect some gorgeous femme fatale but she is most definitely not imo and on top of it they leave their own families!

I am ready for this one to get started, tired of so many sad deaths ready for a good who done it trial to follow. Can anyone tell me what it is about this woman that these men were so willing to break up their familes for her? I do not even find her attractive.

I think it is supposed to be. This is only a few hours away, I might drive up and sit in on it for a few days.

I can't wait on this trial either :)

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    what I find as strange is no one at GE noticed Hemy's meltdown? Surely he had bosses he reported to and in a corporate environment such as this they would notice something being off?Snap, all of a sudden he's insane? That seem's fishy
    Yes, it is fishy.
    I don't get it. He pled not guilty by reason of insanity, and the jury verdict was guilty, but mentally insane.

Is there anymore on Nemy's trial? I watched the videos here. Any chance he was drugged?

I think Andrea came onto these guys with a "poor, little me" attitude.

Sociopath

Thread Information