Thread: 17 Month Old Died, Cheryl Jealous of Him (grandmother) charged

17 Month Old Died, Cheryl Jealous of Him (grandmother) charged

Two people are accused of murder following the deaths of two young children in just a month on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

Cheryl Jealous of Him, 50, is the grandmother of a 17-month-old boy who died on April 29 in Pine Ridge. She pleaded not guilty during a May 24 arraignment after a federal grand jury indicted her in the child's death.

Federal authorities took Jealous of Him into custody on May 23 after a warrant accusing her of second-degree murder and felony child abuse and neglect was issued. Prior to entering federal custody, Jealous of Him was being held in the Pine Ridge Adult Offenders Facility.

In the second case, officers with the Oglala Sioux Tribe's Department of Public Safety arrested Michael Dean Dubray, 30, for first-degree murder after a 10-month-old boy died at a home eight miles north of Loneman hear Oglala on May 30.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs and the FBI took custody of Dubray the next day. The criminal complaint filed against Dubray charges that he was abusing the child when it died, but it does not define the abuse.

Dubray made an initial court appearance in federal district court on June 3 in Rapid City. He requested a preliminary hearing on the evidence to hear the evidence against him. Federal Magistrate Judge Veronica Duffy set the hearing for June 12.

Both Jealous of Him and Dubray are being held without bond in the Pennington County Jail.

A tentative trial date for Jealous of Him is set for July 30.

Dubray has a tentative trial date of Aug. 6.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/mur...9b3c3cf50.html

WTF is with the surname?

That's crazy- the Jealous of Him last name.

I found this: http://www.virtualwall.org/dj/JealousFW01a.htm

And this: http://www.lakotacountrytimes.com/ne...us_of_Him.html

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I won't lie, I thought the title was a major typo. What the fuck is up with the name? Fuck child killers. One of the worst kinds of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Uh yeah... it's a fairly common last name along with Eagle Boy, Pumpkin Seed, Her Many Horses, Kills Enemy... and many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I hate baby killers.
    Jenn

Thread Information