Thread: XBox One

XBox One

So, did anyone else catch the reveal on the XBox One? Way to kill your console, Microsoft.

It's ridiculous! The whole thing, just ughh....And this thing could potentially watch me?!

The new Kinect sensor can follow eye movements, track your reaction to shows using heart-rate monitors and see you in the dark
    This is just a whole new level of creepy.

To increase interactive viewing and encourage a user to watch one or more particular items of video content, awards and achievements may be tied to those items of video content.

'Producers, distributors, and advertisers of the video content may set viewing goals and award a viewer who has reached the goals.

'By providing content viewing goals and awarding the viewer for reaching the goals, the present disclosure provides for an interactive television viewing experience.

'Additionally, by tying the awards and achievements to particular items of video or advertising content, viewers may be encouraged to increase their viewership of the content, thus increasing advertising opportunities
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ching-ads.html

Oh joy. Achievements for watching TV. I really hope this patent doesn't go through or whatever. Either way, I'm not touching this thing with a ten-foot pole. It's supposed to be a video game system, yet that's put on the back-burner for all this TV crap. And man, the greediness of Microsoft is just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthven View Post
    It's ridiculous! The whole thing, just ughh....And this thing could potentially watch me?!

This is just a whole new level of creepy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ching-ads.html

Oh joy. Achievements for watching TV. I really hope this patent doesn't go through or whatever. Either way, I'm not touching this thing with a ten-foot pole. It's supposed to be a video game system, yet that's put on the back-burner for all this TV crap. And man, the greediness of Microsoft is just unbelievable.
    There is a rumour that if you are watching a movie the XBox will be able to look at the room and see how many people are watching it. If they feel it is more than the allowed amount of people they will charge you more to stream that movie. No way I'm gonna buy this POS.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    There is a rumour that if you are watching a movie the XBox will be able to look at the room and see how many people are watching it. If they feel it is more than the allowed amount of people they will charge you more to stream that movie. No way I'm gonna buy this POS.
    WTF? I honestly wouldn't put it past them! That'd be insane.

Thread Information