Well the first thing that raised red flags for me was the thread title... but I know I'm an old fogey so...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGirl View Post
Should I keep her? I don't know what to do!
This is where my shape up or ship out comment came from... I know that's not what you said but, that's the tone I heard again, I'm probably reading something you didn't mean.

This is my first dog. There won't be a second dog.
Yeah that sounds like a real dog lover. Nothing really wrong with not being a dog nut, but it sure makes being dog owner easier. I imagine that being crazy about your child makes it easier to to overlook irritations and work throug problems.

:-| I'm sorry I don't have such an overwhelming love for dogs that to can sense it over the Internet lol.

And you're right. I am obviously not a "dog person", but I do love my dog! Did I ever say something about her shaping up or shipping out? No. I didn't. I came here to ask for advice about the dog because I am still learning about dogs! Why did getting rid of her ever come up? Because my vet suggested I euthanize her.

oh right, my daughter wasn't really attached to the rabbit. However, she is really attached to the dog and they are great with each other. She is doing fine. She hasn't asked any questions about the rabbit today. My daughter is my main concern. She seems to be okay. :)
I am glad you didn't take the vet's advice! There are idiot vets out there. Most are great, but the single most miserable excuse for a human that I know is a vet. He used to work with the greyhound track and run animal control here and was responsible for a lot of misery. Anyway...

I understand the worry about the kiddo, hope you get to a good place for all of you.