Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Network/Computer questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    it's a driod global 2
    Try this...it appears it has more mah than the original battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Exten...tended+battery

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Hey Mr. tech guy,

Why can I not see the correct URLs for photos on my ipad? I have to go on my PC to get the correct URL every frickin time! If there is a URL at all on the ipad it's the wrong one, i.e. doesn't work when I use it to post.

What am I doing wrong??

Are you meaning that you copy the url out of your ipad and paste it into MDS and it isn't posting the correct one? If so, are you highlighting the url and selecting all?

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Say I click on a random google images pic...no URL anywhere (on my PC I right click on the image, select 'properties' and get the URL.)

Online instructions say press and hold on the image, then select 'copy' (nothing happens), open new tab in Safari (I get a blank page), then 'paste' and see path for image (totally lost at this point), copy text, and paste (??)

When I press and hold on an image on my ipad I get 2 choices, 'save' and 'copy'. Nothing happens when I select either one.

I have IOS 5.1.1 on my (first generation) ipad.

I know you spend all day answering stupid people's stupid internet questions at your job (for which you are PAID) so please feel free to not answer my stupid question (for which you are NOT paid!) I am perfectly happy to go on getting URLs from my PC and using the stupid ipad for everything else...it's just always kind of bugged me that I can't figure out this one stupid thing!

TY for listening.

Look up a picture with like a google images search, long press and copy. Paste into new tab. Copy the URL and put it into mds.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I reinstalled Windows XP on a "new" PC and I cannot get connected to the internet for the life of me.

Fucking DNS error and internet explorer could not open the search page
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Did you look in the device manager to see that the network card installed? You can do that by right-clicking on my computer and going to properties then choosing the hardware tab and finally device manager. Is there anything with an exclamation point? If that isn't it, open a commander prompt by clicking on start and run. Type in CMD and press enter. This should launch a black dos prompt window. Type in ipconfig and press enter. What is the IP address you get?

ETA are you hard wired to the Internet modem or is there a wireless router in between? Laptop or desktop?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Desktop that I am currently using. I totally forgot about the ethernet card.
    Fucking embarrassing. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

yo! Who has a Samsung Galaxy S? My mom got this phone in March and I haven't had enough time to play with it (she's in MD, i'm in WA) and well - she can't find her voicemail unless she gets an alert and then if she clears it - she's doomed. She'll be out here soon and I need to know shit about her phone to be her tech support HA!

I have an S3 that I use as my personal phone. You can get to voicemail a couple ways but mainly get to the dial pad and press and hold 1 till it dials. If she pays for visual voicemail, there should be an app installed for it already and all she needs to do is open it.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I have an S3 that I use as my personal phone. You can get to voicemail a couple ways but mainly get to the dial pad and press and hold 1 till it dials. If she pays for visual voicemail, there should be an app installed for it already and all she needs to do is open it.
    She pays for nothing extra. I won't let her. She isn't allowed to DL apps that cost money either. I had certain downloads blocked until she upgraded to a smartphone. Quite the role reversal - it's like I'm her parent. Maybe she has the S3 - it's the new one.

She pays for nothing extra. I won't let her. She isn't allowed to DL apps that cost money either. I had certain downloads blocked until she upgraded to a smartphone. Quite the role reversal - it's like I'm her parent. Maybe she has the S3 - it's the new one.
    S4 is the newest, it came out this month. The S3 has been around for about 8 months. Nice to reverse the roles on them once in a while huh?

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    S4 is the newest, it came out this month. The S3 has been around for about 8 months. Nice to reverse the roles on them once in a while huh?
    Yeah it really is she has the S3, she got it in March. Dunno why she had to have a smartphone, but she did.

Faq-I can't access my profile from this stupid phone. My laptop dropped hard on floor, and my screen is mostly lines. Getting a new one, but is there a way for me to get my screen back on this? I need documents and I'll worry about transferring data when I get new laptop. Getting that acer with windows 7. It's sat, and nobody is available to assist me. Any ideas? Only have an inch of normal screen at the top. Thank you, I'm frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Faq-I can't access my profile from this stupid phone. My laptop dropped hard on floor, and my screen is mostly lines. Getting a new one, but is there a way for me to get my screen back on this? I need documents and I'll worry about transferring data when I get new laptop. Getting that acer with windows 7. It's sat, and nobody is available to assist me. Any ideas? Only have an inch of normal screen at the top. Thank you, I'm frantic.

my laptop had the same thing happen - if its just the screen you can hook it up to a regular monitor and use it like normal.

my laptop had the same thing happen - if its just the screen you can hook it up to a regular monitor and use it like normal.
    Exactly! Other than that, there is no hope for the screen. You can use it as a desktop though. If you need the programs and don't have the CDs, you might consider ghosting the hard drive. Other than that, hook up an external hard drive up to it and drag and drop your data.

i mentioned to my parents that now that i'm going to the university, i am thinking about getting myself one of those tablets that you can use with touch but also have a keyboard that you can attach to it and they have decided to buy me one.

i just want it to take notes on, research on the internet and save links. i am just so sick of lugging my heavy ass lappy around. i don't think i really need the tablet for writing papers and stuff because i can just do it from home.

what are some of the good brands that aren't uber expensive?

one guy from the bar uses a samsung and likes it a lot.

i don't know anything about them so i need your advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Depends on what you are comfortable with. If you like the Microsoft Operating System Windows 8, you could go with a Surface Tab RT. If you are comfortable with Android, then the Samsung tablets are very nice. If you are an Apple fan, then the iPad works nicely. I personally have all three and I like the iPad but it all depends on what your preferences are. I really like the Surface Tablet but I can't recommend the RT without saying that it lacks all the functionality of windows. You can get email and surf the web but you have to buy applications from the Microsoft store to use them. The Surface Pro is what I have and you can run any windows program on it but it costs twice as much. The Android tablets are going to be your best bet as far as price and you can buy cases with Bluetooth keyboards attached to them.

see, this is my problem i guess. i have no idea what you are talking about. i have a drug dealer phone that you have to press a key three times to text the letter 'r'. once upon a time, i had an iphone. like, the original iphone. i liked it, but i am not asking my parents to spend thousands of dollars on a tablet for me.

right now i have an hp lappy. i think it runs on windows 7.

An iPad costs less than $500. Android is cheaper but it depends on what you want to do. I find that applications are more polished on Apple products. Not shitting on android but their apps crash frequently.

I did windows 10 and absolutely hated it. Everything always seemed slow and glitchy, I couldn't play DVDs, and finally, I teied to do some school stuff just now so I opened up micro office and it said I needed a registration key. Fuck windows 10.

I remembered that it said you could downgrade back to windows 7, no problem, but now that I did, neither my mousepad nor my keyboard work. Well, the only thing the keyboard works for is to push the arrow keys up and down and push enter when it asks if I want to start windows normally or in safe mode. When I get to the log in screen, nothing works and I have to manually turn it off. Nothing works when I try plugging in a mouse and keyboard either.

This seriously sucks and I guess I'm going to have to take it to the geek squad or whatever tomorrow, unless someone here knows what the fuck is going on. It is completely unusable.

Help please

I don't know what you're using to get on here, but apparently this works:
    http://husnimubarakm.blogspot.com/20...orking-in.html

it's long, and I suck at computers for the most part, so I can't walk you through it. but that was the only site that I found that didn't say it's pretty much corrupt and possibly not fixable-but that would be argued about a lot, also.

Thread Information