Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: There can be peace amongst us

It's all good Shins. I'm trying to wake up after sleeping a little over 24 hours. 8:15 PM and I'm just getting around to drinking my morning coffee.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    For the sake of staying on topic, Jodi Arias wouldn't make the cut for DP in my books.
    Yeesh, what's your criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Maybe I didn't choose my wording correctly. My disappointment is that it isn't over. Although I am not a big supporter of DP, I kinda felt it was warranted in this case. I can't say that if I were on the jury that I could come to that decision myself. I realize that there are people on the main thread that are passionate about the case because they relate on some level due to a tragic event in their lives. I get that.

As far as the whole MDS site, I love it!! I enjoy the different threads. I really don't get offended by Chauncy or Ron or some the others that have strong opinions. I get offended by people who take it upon themselves for whatever reason to try to be the moral compass or try to call people out for spelling errors. That is slightly annoying. I hate to harp on this again but I was called out for referring to myself as one of the kids on the short bus. My son has Asperger's for fucksake. Just to clarify exactly the type of person I am, I am one of a handful of people that got the joke when Roseanne sang the National Anthem. She wasn't mocking America she was imitating the damn baseball players..duh..they spit and scratch their balls. Some people take shit too damn seriously. I ain't into hate just being fair.
    I think it should actually be for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Well good for you Nancy Drew!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Yeesh, what's your criteria?

I think it should actually be for fuck's sake.

I'm not saying I wouldn't put her in prison for life, but DP? meh. I'd save that for the people who have a history of torturing, serial killing, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't find this case any more heinous than half the shit that happens on the daily news in my area. In the last year, here have been the big cases around here:

- High school kid posts about killing his GF on facebook, puts a facebook banner on his wall of a bloody room. He then went to her house and shot/axe-hacked her, her mom (or aunt, cant remember), and some dude... probably the new BF.

- Kid and his friend break into his house after being kicked out by his dad and beats his dads brains in with a baseball bat after smoking K2.

- Kid and his Granny get into a fight about him going out, so Granny pulls out the gun she bought two weeks earlier and shoots the kid. Kid calls 911 screaming for help and she continues to shoot him dead. ...then claims self defense...

There's just a few for example.

I mean, shit. If I put JA on the death trail, all of these fucks would have to go too. This shit happens a lot.

Fuck. I'd rather give Kwame Kilpatrick the death sentence for doing what he did to this WHOLE city and stealing TONS OF FUCKING MONEY that he will never be able to pay back.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I was with you until perjury/racketeering > stabbing someone 29 times. But no, so you'd only use it for a handful of people, not based on the level of brutality but on the history. Makes sense. I'm anti-DP (both forms) in all cases- I was just curious.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

For FUCK'S SAKE, It's a nasty world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I was with you until perjury/racketeering > stabbing someone 29 times. But no, so you'd only use it for a handful of people, not based on the level of brutality but on the history. Makes sense. I'm anti-DP (both forms) in all cases- I was just curious.
    Yeah I got a little over-zealous there. I just really fucking hate that guy.

...emotions getting in the way!!
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    It was my personal manifesto Sogs. If Jodi can have one then so can I dammit! LMAO
    Are you autographing copies in case you get famous? Do we need to start a "queenaevadamthng is innocent" website? Will there be a tshirt?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Well my husband is a bit of a douchebag. I have chosen to let him live a little while longer. I'll give you a heads up Sneaky. I haven't gone and bought the puffer fish yet (Inside family joke)

For FUCK'S SAKE, It's a nasty world we live in.
    Completely off-topic for peace talks, but very on topic for "fuck's sake/fucksake", when my eldest daughter was 18mths old & trying hard to mimic the adults around her, she overheard her truckdriver Daddy talking like, welll... , a truckdriver. It was very important to her to copy what she heard EXACTLY. So I told one of the very few lies I've ever told my kids : "Ohhhh, nearrrly sweetie-pie! Very good! But it's stucksnake, sweetie, STUCK. SNAKE."

For the next few years people occasionally wondered why the hell she was talking about snakes, but the whole "swearing baby" thing ended there & then (that was almost 10yrs ago though, so I'm sure the reprieve's almost over)

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The levels of hatred shown for the players in the Arias' trial are truly scary. I'm sure there should be a professional somewhere taking note of the actions of people. Not the people in the trial-but the people following the trial.

You have unstable Jodi supporters-then you have unstable Travis supporters. It's a very thin line between both sets of supporters.

It is crazy even reading the Jodi thread here on MDS. I hate to be nasty to anybody, But there are some people in that thread that are very unstable. I tried reading the thread this morning.....and all I got was a very uncomfortable feeling.
    I agree. I was just telling someone that. Reading some of the posts on Jodi thread was making me nauseous. The woman got murder 1. but people are screaming for blood. There is a very thin line..

That is up to Mike, ultimately. I don't know if I can handle the spilloff when those people turn to other threads for solace.

I have not been into any Arias threads except the haiku one when it first went up, but I think Ron is right about the lack of spilloff. There were a lot of noobs in the (dare I a say it?) Ingram thread, and I think about half of us are still around. I could be wrong bc I havent been in the Arias threads. But the rest of the site, aside from chit chat and fun threads requires some research sometime to contribute something and from what I hear the Arias threads are more opinion oriented and argumentative. I guess we will see.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Well my husband is a bit of a douchebag. I have chosen to let him live a little while longer. I'll give you a heads up Sneaky. I haven't gone and bought the puffer fish yet (Inside family joke)
    LOL Let me know in case we need to start a bail fund
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I'm not saying I wouldn't put her in prison for life, but DP? meh. I'd save that for the people who have a history of torturing, serial killing, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't find this case any more heinous than half the shit that happens on the daily news in my area. In the last year, here have been the big cases around here:

- High school kid posts about killing his GF on facebook, puts a facebook banner on his wall of a bloody room. He then went to her house and shot/axe-hacked her, her mom (or aunt, cant remember), and some dude... probably the new BF.

- Kid and his friend break into his house after being kicked out by his dad and beats his dads brains in with a baseball bat after smoking K2.

- Kid and his Granny get into a fight about him going out, so Granny pulls out the gun she bought two weeks earlier and shoots the kid. Kid calls 911 screaming for help and she continues to shoot him dead. ...then claims self defense...

There's just a few for example.

I mean, shit. If I put JA on the death trail, all of these fucks would have to go too. This shit happens a lot.

Fuck. I'd rather give Kwame Kilpatrick the death sentence for doing what he did to this WHOLE city and stealing TONS OF FUCKING MONEY that he will never be able to pay back.
    The AZ jurors had a choice of giving Jodi life or death. If they chose life, the judge would have decided whether to give her Life Without Parole or Life With Parole after 25 years.

I'll summarize the feelings of the majority of Jodi posters for you. We don't want her ever to get out of jail, we don't want her to have any sort of "easy time" in jail either. We want her to sit in her isolated cell and think about what she did to Travis for the rest of her life. If she happens to get put to death after exhausting her appeals, I couldn't care less.

The only way to ensure that she doesn't get out or get upgraded to lower security status is to give her a death verdict. We believe she was on her way to kill again when she was arrested, there were weapons in the car. From listening to all her lies on the witness stand, we know how manipulative she is. That's why we don't want her to have a chance to weasel her way out of jail. She will kill again if given the chance.

The law in AZ has just been changed for new trials giving the jurors 3 choices for DP cases: LWP, LWOP, or Death. If the jurors could have chosen LWOP, I believe the trial would be over, but it just doesn't apply to Jodi's case because of the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    LOL Let me know in case we need to start a bail fund
    Sorry, I just reintroduced myself to this tread...how many bail funds do we have going?? She who shall not be named has been convicted so I am assuming we can roll those funds over??
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Thread Information