Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus found alive; Ariel Castro commits suicide after he is sentenced to LIFE + 1,000 years

Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus found alive; Ariel Castro commits suicide after he is sentenced to LIFE + 1,000 years

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 14-year-old girl disappears on her way home from school, another is last seen near her home and a 16-year-old vanishes after leaving her fast-food job for the day.

All from the same neighborhood in Cleveland, Ohio, the girls disappeared within five blocks of each other over a four-year span, starting in 2003.

Agents and detectives from the FBI and Cleveland Police are looking into hundreds of leads in the cases and whether they may be linked, according to FBI Special Agent Scott Wilson in the agency's Cleveland bureau.

"We kind of put all three of these cases together to work them to see if there's any connection," Wilson said.

Amanda Berry, 16, vanished on April 21, 2003, after she left her job at a Burger King at about 7:30 p.m. But she never made it to her home just a few blocks away, the FBI says. Berry has pierced ears, a pierced left eyebrow and a scar on her lower abdomen. She would now be 22.

Georgina DeJesus was last seen at a pay phone around 3 p.m. on April 2, 2004, as she headed home from school. She and a friend had called the friend's mother seeking permission for a sleepover at DeJesus' house, but the answer was no.

The girls then parted ways, and DeJesus was never seen again. She was wearing a white jacket, a sky blue sweater, blue jeans and a cream shirt. She has a light birthmark on her right leg and pierced ears, the FBI says. DeJesus was 14 when she disappeared and would now be 19.

Ashley Summers, last seen July 6, 2007, has a heart-shaped tattoo with "Gene" on her upper arm. She was initially reported as a runaway after a family argument. "But the problem is, she's never been seen again," Wilson said. Summers, 14, would now be 15.

Citing FBI policy, Wilson declined to say whether there are persons of interest in any of the three cases. The girls did not know each other and the FBI would not say whether any of them had mutual friends or acquaintances.

"It's certainly very concerning to us that we have three young girls missing from the same general area and we have to look at every possibility of what happened to them," Wilson said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/02/ohio.missing.girls/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Re: Amanda Berry, Georgina DeJesus, Ashley Summers missing from same neighborhood

It doesn't sound good at all ... reminds me of a case in my home town, 3 girls all vanished on the same street near a pay phone over a period of time. Spooky. Smells like a serial killer might be operating in the area or is at least familiar with it. I think it is normally the case that the perpetrator usually lives close to his/her hunting grounds.

It is definately a concern that they all went missing within 5 blocks of each other. Since none of them have turned up yet, I suppose they don't really have much to go on except any surveillance footage. And the age connection.

I hope they get a break-through. This case is really eerie.

Amanda Berry went missing 2003 aged 17

AMW Missing DATA FILE FOR Amanda Berry

Bad Day At Work Gets Worse

Amanda's eyebrow ring can be seen in this picture.

Amanda Berry started working at the Burger King a few blocks from her Cleveland home because she liked having her own money. Family members say she liked to shop, and enjoyed being able to buy things for herself.

But it was as she was leaving work one evening that she mysteriously disappeared. Amanda was working a shift the evening before her seventeenth birthday, after spending the day planning her birthday party with her older sister.

Shortly after Amanda got to work, something made her upset, and she called her mother to talk about it. Her mother was able to calm her down enough to stay at work and finish her shift. When her shift was over, around 7 p.m., Amanda left the fast-food restaurant still wearing her work uniform.

When Amanda's mother called to see if she needed a ride home from work, Amanda told her she already had a ride, and that she would call her back. When Amanda hung up her cell phone, that was the last time anyone heard from her.

The Search Begins

When Amanda didn't arrive home from work at her normal time, her mother assumed that she was still upset about the events of the day, and had gone to a friend's house to calm down. But when Amanda still hadn't returned home by early the next morning, her mother became very concerned and reported her missing to the police.

Police initially had very few leads to follow. They tried to retrace the missing girl's steps, but they found nothing that gave them any clues. A tip was reported to the police that Amanda had been seen getting into a white sedan with three men, but the tip was not from a reliable source, and was never substantiated.

Authorities thought they had received their first solid lead in the case about a week later, when Amanda's mother received some interesting phone calls. The calls were from a man, who police say claimed Amanda was with him now, and that she was safe. He called two times, one right after the other, and told Amanda's mom that he was married to her daughter, but that she would see her again in a few days.

Investigators were even more intrigued by these two phone calls after they traced the calls and discovered that they had been made from Amanda's cell phone. That information led them to believe that whoever had spoken with Amanda's mother had knowledge concerning Amanda's disappearance.

Unfortunately, nothing else was ever learned about these phone calls. Agents were not able to find anything else to help them solve Amanda's case.

Are Two Disappearances Connected?

Police and FBI looked into the possibility that Gina's mysterious disappearance could be related to the disappearance of another teenage girl almost exactly a year before.

Amanda Berry was 17-years-old when she went missing, and there had been very few leads in her case. When Gina also went missing, almost exactly a year afterwards, and just a few blocks away from where Amanda vanished, officials could not ignore the fact that the cases could be related.

Although no concrete evidence has of yet been discovered to definitively link the two cases, a connection also cannot be completely ruled out. Agents say too many similarities exist that keep them from determining that the cases are unrelated. Both girls were young, attractive teenagers walking home on the same street as it began to get dark. Both girls disappeared without anyone seeing anything, and both cases have had surprisingly few promising leads.

Clues Come In But Don't Pan Out

As time continued to pass, and Amanda had been missing for more and more time, agents in Cleveland kept waiting for the one tip that could solve their case for them. But the right tip didn't come in.

At one point, officials believed they might have found Amanda, after a tip led them to a girl who looked exactly like Amanda. Unfortunately, this turned out to be just another case of mistaken identity. There was also a brief period where it was a possibility that a Jane Doe body found in California could be Amanda, but that also turned into a dead end.

Second Tragedy For Amanda's Family

Almost three years after Amanda's mysterious disappearance, tragedy struck her family once again. Amanda's mother, Louwanna, had frequently been ill following her daughter's disappearance. Not knowing what had happened to her daughter wore heavily on her. In March 2006, Louwanna passed away from heart failure.

Amanda's family was devastated once again. It was even more heart-breaking that Louwanna died without ever knowing what happened to her daughter.

Will New Picture Bring New Leads?

This age-progressed photograph by the FBI shows what Amanda might look like at age 21.

Shortly after the fourth anniversary of Amanda's disappearance, the FBI released an age-progressed photograph showing what Amanda might look like at the age of 21. The picture was heavily circulated in the Cleveland area, hoping to grab somebody's attention.

Agents are hoping that the presence of the picture in the national media could be the key to receiving some new information about Amanda's disappearance, and hopefully some clues as to where she is now.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=25773

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vigil for Cleveland Teen who Disappeared 6 Years Ago

Amanda Berry Disappeared in 2003

Danielle Frizzi Fox 8 Reporter

CLEVELAND -- Amanda Berry disappeared the night before her 17th birthday in 2003. Six years later, her family is still hoping she will come home.

Friends and family gathered for a vigil at West 110th and Lorain Tuesday, the anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

The teen left her job at Burger King the night of April 21, 2003. She was last seen getting into a car.

"I just want her to come home, I keep my hopes up and I never give up on her coming home," Amanda's sister Beth Serrano said.

The Berry family continues to distribute missing posters with Amanda's photo. They have formed a bond with the family of missing Cleveland teen Gina DeJesus. DeJesus' father attended the vigil.

"It's been hard on both of our families not knowing where our daughters are at. Every day I search through this neighborhood," Felix DeJesus said.

Both families continue to stand up for other families of the missing. They hope their efforts will bring their own children and others home safe.

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-amanda-...,3325053.story

About a different missing girl that may or may not be linked to Amanda, including a list of missing people in that area-

Vigil tonight for Gina DeJesus, missing for 5 years

Posted by Donna J. Miller/Plain Dealer Reporter
    April 02, 2009 06:51AM

CLEVELAND — There will be a community vigil tonight to mark the fifth anniversary of the disappearance of Gina DeJesus, who was 14 when she vanished from the West Side in 2004. Family, friends and community leaders will gather at 6 p.m. at West 105th Street and Lorain Avenue, where she was last seen about 2:45 p.m. walking home from school.
    Cleveland FBI agents continue to search for her and Amanda Berry. Berry was 16 when she disappeared at 7:40 p.m. April 21, 2003. She was last seen leaving her job at West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue.
    The FBI and Cleveland police are offering a $25,000 reward for information; 216-621-1234 or 216-522-1400.

Survivors/Victims of Tragedy maintains this list of missing Greater Clevelanders.
    • Michelle Mason, 44: Missing since Oct. 8, 2008, Cleveland.
    • Ashley Summers, 15: Missing since Nov. 5, 2007, Cleveland.
    • Norma Rodriguez, 17: Missing since Nov. 4, 2007, Westlake.
    • Ashley Nicole Summersm 15: Missing since July 9, 2007, Cleveland.
    • Gloria Walker, 47: Missing since May 20, 2007, Cleveland.
    • Jennifer G. Decaprio, 15: Missing since Dec. 18, 2006, Berea.
    • Kejuan Sarter, 23: Missing since Dec. 10, 2006, Cleveland.
    • Willie C. Standberry, 73: Missing since Dec. 7, 2006, Cleveland.
    • Bianca Damanik, 3: Family abduction, missing since Jan. 12, 2005, Willoughby or Beachwood.
    • Georgina "Gina" DeJesus, 14: Missing since April 2, 2004, Cleveland.
    • Michael J. Hodge, 39, now 43: Missing since March 6, 2004, Cleveland.
    • Amanda Marie Berry, then 16, now 20: Missing since April 21, 2003, Cleveland.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009...a_dejesus.html

Re: Amanda Berry went missing 2003 aged 17

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=19299.0

Just seen this thread. I did search, honest, but i think i spelt her name wrong sorry Puzzld.

Teens reported missing in 2003 and 2004 found alive

This is nuts. What is going on lately?

Missing Cleveland teenagers Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus have been found, police say.

Cleveland police dispatch told NewsChannel5 that officers at the scene of 2210 Seymour Avenue said Berry and DeJesus are there. The families of both are at MetroHealth Medical Center waiting for the women to arrive.

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance.

On April 2, 2004, 14-year-old DeJesus went missing while walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School. She was last seen around West 105 Street and Lorain Avenue.

Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, said she believed DeJesus was sold into human trafficking.

?I always said it from the beginning; she was sold to the highest bidder,? Ruiz said in April 2012.

Last summer, there was a break in Berry case that turned out to be an inmate?s hoax. Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry?s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found.

Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz2SYgxmLQQ

So.. what happened to them??

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    So.. what happened to them??
    Held captive it seems? If you google their names, there's lots of things related to them about paedophiles and human trafficking. But I guess maybe it was a simple, old fashioned kidnapping?

Apparently there is also a third person found - Michelle Knight - who went missing in 2000 but was thought to have gone missing voluntarily.

A woman claiming to be Amanda Berry called Cleveland Police Monday afternoon.

She said she was kidnapped 10 years ago and said she is currently at a home at 2210 Seymour.

She also told the 911 dispatcher that Gina DeJesus is with her. A third missing woman, 32-year old Michelle Knight, was in the home with Berry and DeJesus. It's believed Knight disappeared when she was 20.

At least one of the women has a baby.

One witness says he saw Amanda Berry come running out of the house kicking and screaming "Help me!" She was carrying a baby in her arms.

Cleveland Police have arrested a 52 year old man at the house where the three women were found.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22...eveland-police
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-06-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman - found

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...us-found-alive

Missing for as much as 10 years and found by neighbor. They should kill this fucker immediately.

'Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran to a black man's arms.'

So glad they're safe. The comments on that article, though! They're saying the man's name is Ariel Castro and he actually wrote a story on Plain Press about the missing girls sometime in 2004 right after they both had gone missing. And THIS comment, oh my gosh: "WOW! I lived on 2221 Sewmour Ave (2 houses down) and knew Ariel personally. I've been to his house lots of time CHILLED ON THAT PORCH MANY TIMES WITH HIM WOW. THEY WERE A FEW FT AWAY THIS WHOLE TIME. I feel so helpless now." Can you imagine hanging out with your neighbor, chillin' on his porch enjoying a drink multiple times, not knowing he had girls imprisoned in his home? Chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    So glad they're safe. The comments on that article, though! They're saying the man's name is Ariel Castro and he actually wrote a story on Plain Press about the missing girls sometime in 2004 right after they both had gone missing. And THIS comment, oh my gosh: "WOW! I lived on 2221 Sewmour Ave (2 houses down) and knew Ariel personally. I've been to his house lots of time CHILLED ON THAT PORCH MANY TIMES WITH HIM WOW. THEY WERE A FEW FT AWAY THIS WHOLE TIME. I feel so helpless now." Can you imagine hanging out with your neighbor, chillin' on his porch enjoying a drink multiple times, not knowing he had girls imprisoned in his home? Chills.
    Can you link the article? I'd like to read it.

Amanda Berry and Georgina Dejesus were found today!

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...us-found-alive

CLEVELAND - Cleveland police said missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found in a west side house on Monday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Michelle Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles, a neighbor who found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

A witness who spoke Spanish told NewsChannel5's Stephanie Ramirez that he helped break down the door. He said there was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry from posters.

Officers have a suspect in custody. There will be a media briefing Tuesday morning.

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance. Her mother died of heart failure in 2006.

On April 2, 2004, 14-year-old DeJesus went missing while walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School. She was last seen around West 105 Street and Lorain Avenue. Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, said she believed DeJesus was sold into human trafficking.

“I always said it from the beginning; she was sold to the highest bidder,” Ruiz said in April 2012.

The remaining families of both women went to MetroHealth Medical Center, where they will be reunited. FBI agents were also at the hospital Monday night as family and friends flocked to see the women.

"I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight have been found alive. We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive," Mayor Frank Jackson said.

Last summer, there was a break in Berry case that turned out to be an inmate’s hoax. Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry’s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found. Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 05-06-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote bubble. :)

Agents and detectives from the FBI and Cleveland Police are looking into hundreds of leads in the cases.

Great jobs guys. The next door neighbor just happened to be in the right place at the right time while you jackoffs were walking around with your thumbs up your asses. My tax dollars working their magic there.

https://www.facebook.com/ariel.castro.10888938

That's the Ariel Castro. I didn't know we had a newer thread for these women, oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaine View Post

That's the Ariel Castro. I didn't know we had a newer thread for these women, oops!
    Already inaccessible. This guy just needs to die painfully.

It's accessible. I have screenshots if anyone can't see it, I guess.

Biggie, we need less asshole and more contribution to discussion. Please and thank you.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Holy shit. This is an episode of Law & Order: SVU
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaine View Post

From his page:

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance. Her mother died of heart failure in 2006.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz2SZ763ybt
    Well that ruined my day. That's gotta be one of the sadder things I've ever read. Died not knowing her daughter was still alive. Awesome.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

TitodeJesus, allegedly a family member of Gina, was apparantly a friend of the suspects and commented this on that news article (the comments are sort of popping off):

"To those who have seen my name on this man's facebook page, it is true, I have known this man for many years, performed on stage with him for many years, and I have had rehearsals in my old house and other places with this man. I considered him a friend and fellow musician. I have been to his house a few times since I have known him. And to see the news about him being a suspect in this horrible crime, breaks my heart, and makes me not want to trust anyone. It is hard to believe, but thank you God that Gina, Amanda and the other girl are safe. You never know a person until something like this comes out. My God, and to think this man was in my home where my children were. This makes me mad, sooooo mad to know that Gina was there all along. How could someone look me to my face, treat me as a friend, when he had done this! God forgive him, because I don't know if I could ever!"

Yikes!

I've merged all the threads

Thread Information