Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Batty, what unimaginable trauma did Jodi suffer in her early life? The only things we heard about were the wooden spoons and some inappropriate things said by her father, and one episode where she was pushed by one of her parents and fell, unless I'm forgetting something...
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Exactly...."the only things we heard about.
    But if something else had happened why would she not disclose it during testimony, since it would have helped her case?

Another question for you: I'd like to know your opinion on bringing DeMarte in to dx BPD. I don't see why Martinez did it or how it helped his case when erratic bursts of anger is one of the sx of BPH. It seems to me the last thing they want is introduce the possibility of a burst of anger i.e. 'sudden heat of passion'!

Why didn't they bring in a psychologist to refute the PTSD dx and argue for malingering, like they did with Dr. Hayes, instead? Why add BPD to the mix and make things even more complicated?

But if something else had happened why would she not disclose it during testimony, since it would have helped her case?

Another question for you: I'd like to know your opinion on bringing DeMarte in to dx BPD. I don't see why Martinez did it or how it helped his case when erratic bursts of anger is one of the sx of BPH. It seems to me the last thing they want is introduce the possibility of a burst of anger i.e. 'sudden heat of passion'!

Why didn't they bring in a psychologist to refute the PTSD dx and argue for malingering, like they did with Dr. Hayes, instead? Why add BPD to the mix and make things even more complicated?
    First, who knows why Jodi does anything she does.. she obviously turned an alleged self-defense case into an all out murder so it would stand to reason that she would not tell one iota of truth about her childhood. It may ruin her reputation.
    Second, Demarte was brought in to refute the PTSD dx. What was not brought in was the co-occurance of PTSD with BPD. Martinez kept that out.
    Third, I am not a lawyer and I do not know why either the defense or the prosecutors chose to bring in certain things and leave out others.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Sudden heat of anger I don't think actually hurts the prosecution. There's still the minor mystery of how a knife ended up in the bathroom, along with the gun. Jodi had to knowingly and willfully get at least one of those weapons with the purpose of bringing harm and death to him.

Please follow the rules posted by Coconut...this is his thread.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    The argument is that those older ladies may decide that Travis was inappropriate in having a sex-only relationship with Jodi (even though they did actual couple things at the beginning), and that they may consider his lashing out (with no context as to WHY he lashed out at her), to be verbally abusive, and thus allow them to see her as somewhat of a victim.
    That's a very good point. I wouldn't limit to just religious old grannies though. I'm a young man and I am offended by a lot of Travis's behavior. If there are women out there who are eager to be used for only anal sex and verbal abuse, I have yet to meet one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    If the jurors don't like Juan's style, it could be a real problem. Especially with some of the older male jurors, they might be sympathetic towards JA because they didn't like the way Juan treated her.
    I think that could be a factor. He wasn't always very personable, I found Martinez painful to listen to, even when I agreed with his points.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    How would you not find those actions aggressive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Really? You have doubts that she is a physically aggressive person?
    We're gonna start with the Reading Comprehension and Literacy Test before we administer the MMPI. Please use your No. 2 golf pencil to fill in the bubbles.

First question: What is the title of this thread?

A) Let me grab the mic and freestyle on how much I hate Jodi
    B) Jodi is guilty so there should be no doubts
    C) I am a helpful junior detective who can dispel these doubts
    D) Reasons to doubt this was premeditated murder

Sneakers & Agatha, I'm looking at you when I say talk about doubts here or go in another thread to make whatever points you want to make.

Abandonment of intent

Some of the more interesting arguments I have heard against premeditated murder involve Jodi changing her mind after she got to his house.

Some attorneys have said she could have abandoned her plan to kill him, only to go into a rage killing after something happened.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Some of the more interesting arguments I have heard against premeditated murder involve Jodi changing her mind after she got to his house.

Some attorneys have said she could have abandoned her plan to kill him, only to go into a rage killing after something happened.
    Hey. Go preemie smart ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Waiting on you, nuts.

Sneakers & Agatha, I'm looking at you when I say talk about doubts here or go in another thread to make whatever points you want to make.
    Hey, I did list some doubts. Not my fault if you aren't paying attention or have me on ignore or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Hey. Go preemie smart ass.
    I know riiighht?? So much irony.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    So what you really want is no evidence contrary to your delusions?

No problem, my friend, no problem.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

When Jodi went to the salon on June 3rd she got her hair done, her nails done, and pos a Brazilian. As a female, and a poor one at that I'm not about to shell out money to get my nails done if I'm planning on getting into a physical altercation in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    Interesting theory. Where do the gun and the knife come into play in this story? If it was an unexpected killing, are you suggesting that part of her story could be true?
    Oh god, I haven't got that far yet! My head is aspin (ok that word is SOO not looking right) - try my head is "SPINNING" with the possibilities. Oh god the ENDLESS possibilities. Will think on it for a bit & see if I can come up with anything we havn't tried a thousand times already. The thread moves so fast & there's the old one as well, chances are, anything I think is a new idea was already posted months ago. We have a pretty insightful bunch with some seriously heavy life experience, I doubt there's too many rational possibilities that haven't had at least a single post mention. Ideas.. anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    When Jodi went to the salon on June 3rd she got her hair done, her nails done, and pos a Brazilian. As a female, and a poor one at that I'm not about to shell out money to get my nails done if I'm planning on getting into a physical altercation in the near future.
    Ooh nice! As a female who's more likely to be catching creepy creatures than getting her nails done (& I've caught a helluva lot of crittery things, but I've NEVER had my nails done), that is something that never would've occurred to me.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.
    Travis had a kitchen he had knives.Flores say's " no knives were reported missing from the kitchen" How the fuck does he know what knives T-dogg had in his kitchen?

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by biggie View Post
    Nurmi's closing arguments about why didn't she kill him right away or when his back was turned to her while she took pictures of him on the bed are going to factor in if she gets out of 1st degree. That was huge. If you planned this, why would you risk hanging around for 14 hours or whatever it was before you kill him. If anyone is not totally for 1st degree in that jury and is concentrating on that, it will be hard to sway them.
    how about while Travis and jodi are bumping ugly's she's saying to herself "when I'm done here I'm gonna kill this guy"?"I'm fucking a soon to be dead guy"?really? give's a whole new meaning to farewell one last time sex.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    AND I totally disagree on the "she was emotionallyl abused and controlled" thing. I think SHE abused and manipulated him. Sex IS powerful to some. but man, I don't know HOW it didn't make him run like the wind when she hacked stuff and slashed tires. Some Freaky behavior
    ahhhhhh.the power of the va jay jay

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    Travis had a kitchen he had knives.Flores say's " no knives were reported missing from the kitchen" How the fuck does he know what knives T-dogg had in his kitchen?
    Your right there is no way he would know. Not all people keep all of their knives organized in a knife block-some just don't fit in the little slits.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    Personally, I am totally convinced this was premeditated murder, however, IF the jury comes back with less, I think some possible reasons might be:

1. If she planned it in advance, why didn't she kill him the moment she arrived at his house? Why wait for hours?
    2. Eight of us jurors are men, and some of us think Jodi is kinda hot, and we got to see her naked and she seems to be willing to do absolutely anything in the sack, so we would hate to kill poontang when we would be willing to 'hit that'.
    3. Travis said some mean things to Jodi in texts, and he said some nasty things on that tape, and he liked sex that I (the juror) find kinky, so that makes him at least partly to blame for anything bad that happened to him, so I will give Jodi the benefit of the doubt and not kill her.
    4. I (a juror), think that 'beyond a reasonable doubt' means 'beyond any possible doubt', and since Jodi's story is not absolutely impossible, I can't find premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt.

(I have heard lots of people bring up the first reason. I do not find it problematic at all, but since so many people have mentioned it, it seems possible a juror could have the same thoughts. Reasons 2 and 3 are more about human nature than the facts of the case, but since when did that stop a jury? Reason 4 is stupid, but there could be stupid jurors.)

Several possible reasons to bring both:
    1. The gun was backup, just in case.
    1. She was unfamiliar with guns, so could not be positive it would work as she imagined, or do as much damage as needed.
    3. Two weapons make it look more like two killers.
    4. Gunshot more likely to attract attention from neighbors, thus lessening her chance of getting away clean.
    knives are messy guns are clean.With a knife there is a good chance (and she found out there was)that 1. she could hurt herself 2. her attack with the knife could turn her from being the agressor to the agressee(is that a word?)and her goal could backfire3. maybe a sick twisted suicide cop but instead suicide by Travis ,either way an eturnity linked to t-dogg(that's to fucked up for even me to believe)

dimedropper
    Riddle me this:

If the gas cans weren't part of the premeditation then why did she she lie about returning it to Walmart?
    why borrow the gas cans from someone who can say she borrowed them?.Just go to the store buy 3 gas cans with cash throw away the reciept and no one knows you have gas cans.bada bing simple and under the radar

dimedropper
    Why did Nurmi? He didn't go there either. They hung their whole case on typo and it but them in the ass.
    "but them in the ass"Coconut is gonna have a field day with that one

Is this coconut person some type of Jodi expert?

[QUOTE=loonywop;3413063]from being the agressor to the agressee(is that a word?)

I don't know about before, but it is now! I'm stealing that one for future use. Thanx!

(I'll credit you when I use it, just don't be asking for royalties)

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    how about while Travis and jodi are bumping ugly's she's saying to herself "when I'm done here I'm gonna kill this guy"?"I'm fucking a soon to be dead guy"?really? give's a whole new meaning to farewell one last time sex.
    That's exactly how I picture it happening. Sort of like the sort of creep who has sex with his wife right before handing her the divorce papers, but much worse.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Anal sex, kinky sex, 3 hole wonder sex, freaky sex, etc.....Not all women are in to that thing. Jodi was. Opportunity was standing right there in Travis' face.

I'll take a shot at it.

Blonde hair/Brown hair. The state never proved that. The defense did a good job of showing pictures that showed Jodi had "darker" hair before the murder. Plus, the state never bought the hair dresser on that dyed Jodi's hair, and they never showed receipts or video of Jodi buying hair dye.

The gas cans and telling Darryl she was going to Mesa. Yeah, I don't think she would tell anybody she was going to Mesa if she planned on hiding her trip through AZ. I also think she wouldn't have borrowed gas cans. If she was planning it, she could have just bought 3 of her own. Plus, the state never proved what in the hell happened to the third gas can afterwards.

The gun burglary- the state can NOT prove Jodi committed it.

The state can not prove that Jodi was NOT tied up on Travis' bed that day. Just like they can't prove there was no rope involved.

Those stupid floor mats- that should have never been allowed in. There was NO proof that there were missing floor mats (and the check in sheet doesn't note that there are missing floor mats), and the state/defense never showed what the kool aid stains were. The state bought it up, and the defense never challenged it at all. Plus, why would anybody that was planning a murder, throw bloody stuff on the floor of their car?

Priceline- didn't do much for me. She could have used Priceline to find the cheapest place for a car, but rented the car directly from budget after finding the cheapest one to rent from. I've done something similar before. I searched Priceline for an airline ticket, it showed me the cheapest fare and airline-then I called the airline direct and told them what priceline would charge. The airline offered it $30 cheaper than Priceline. Sometimes searching and comparing can save money.

Cancun- state didn't prove Jodi was pissed about Cancun. They bought it up, then it fizzled from there. There was nobody bought on that said Jodi was suppose to go to Cancun.

It seems silly that Jodi would move from Mesa back to Yreka if she was obsessed with Travis. Also, I haven't read one word exchange between Jodi and Travis that proved Jodi was mean or called Travis names.

The receipts on a murder trip- even a simple person knows not to keep any receipts when you are going to kill somebody. If she were planning murder, why not just withdraw cash or cash a check?

Those are just some of my thoughts.

Don't kill me coconut....but on the flip side of all the above....I could also state why I think she did premeditate.
    good ones berm here's one more.She didn't want a red car because she was going to speed from point a to point b and yes red cars do get pulled over by cops more than other colors.She didn't give a rat's ass that a red car would draw more attention parked down his street.Anyone know if she had speeding tickets/points on her licence?she had no extra spondolas for the ticket

Thread Information