Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

I wonder how Diane Downs' trial would have been if it had been televised and in the age of social media?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Downs

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/diane-dow...8#.UY9GFlf0_DU

Video here based on the book and tv movie, "Small Sacrifices":

Part 1 of 4:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE7

Part 2 of 4:

Part 3 of 4:

Part 4 of 4:

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Clearly you're offended. Let me clarify...

I think anyone who wasn't living in a cave knows about Casey Anthony. That case still didn't get it's own subforum and psycho obsession that this one did.

This case is no more compelling than Casey Anthony. That's not saying it isn't compelling. It's just grossly over-rated, considering similar cases like this happen everyday. They're just not on CNN.
    I apologize Shins, I was arguing your statement that this trial gets more attention than any case you can remember. I did not know you were meaning with regard to MDS. I must have missed that. If I mentioned it to 10 random people here in Phoenix, about 7 or 8 would say "huh? What's that?" You mention Casey Anthony and almost everyone knows about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

This is why we can't have nice things.

NO ONE IS SAYING YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED BECAUSE SHE IS WHITE! I repeat WE ARE NOT SAYING YOU WATCHED THE CASE BECAUSE SHE IS WHITE!

No one ever fucking said that, so I have NO idea why anyone is arguing about it.

The only thing we said was that the reason the case got so much MEDIA ATTENTION was due to race. And there's no debating that. I'm not telling anyone what they think, just telling you how the media works.

Also, we didn't have to install failsafes to keep the forum from crashing when Casey's trial went on. We also didn't have to remove the karma system. Just sayin'.

ETA: Just cause the trial attracted some psychos, we're not calling all of you psycho. There's no need to get defensive. If you can have a coherent discussion, chances are we don't mean you.
    I getcha, and I replied in kind yesterday my thoughts about race/looks and the like being the reason the media picked it up. For the real posters in that thread, it IS frustrating that it moves so fast because of all the crap between good posts. On verdict day, the fucking thing was moving at a pace of 2-3 whole pages a minute. There is no need for that. I can totally get your frustrations about the fuckery and crap that goes on in there but what can you do other than stay out, which you have chose to do. I like the commentary of some of the good people in there and have chosen to just put ignore to use over the ones that I find no merit in.

Exactly. The fact that the rep system had to be taken away because of the fuckery that went on in there says enough.
    Agreed, I will not stick up for some of the fucktards in there. I will however keep going back, because as I stated above, I like to hear the comments of some of the legitimate posters. The REP system in itself has no merit in that thread because you could post an empty post with nothing in it and someone would give you REPs for it. I always thought it was used as a reward for something meaningful to the thread, not just because you posted something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I getcha, and I replied in kind yesterday my thoughts about race/looks and the like being the reason the media picked it up. For the real posters in that thread, it IS frustrating that it moves so fast because of all the crap between good posts. On verdict day, the fucking thing was moving at a pace of 2-3 whole pages a minute. There is no need for that. I can totally get your frustrations about the fuckery and crap that goes on in there but what can you do other than stay out, which you have chose to do. I like the commentary of some of the good people in there and have chosen to just put ignore to use over the ones that I find no merit in.

Agreed, I will not stick up for some of the fucktards in there. I will however keep going back, because as I stated above, I like to hear the comments of some of the legitimate posters. The REP system in itself has no merit in that thread because you could post an empty post with nothing in it and someone would give you REPs for it. I always thought it was used as a reward for something meaningful to the thread, not just because you posted something.
    You are absolutely right! This is why we can have a conversation. You're not a psycho (so far).

Yea, the thread moved like a chat room. I haven't really used the ignore feature, but once it was too far gone I gave up. When it reached the tipping point, there was a maximum of ONE good post per page, so it was just too much. Maybe I'll hang in there next time a thread gets that nutty.

But yea, the crazies will fade away, and the interesting posters will explore (if they haven't already) so it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I agree that minorities or poor folks dont get enough media attention for being crime victims. I have to agree that back in 2009 when Jodi went on national tv to tell her story, I became interested in the Mormon slant. The Mormons I met or knew of were kind, innocent, naive and clannish. As time went by and Romney opposed Obama and Romney wanted to become President of LDS, I wondered what he thought of this mess. Then I read somewhere (no I dont have the link) that he disavowed himself. Granted I was living in NYC and didnt know load of Mormons, I was fascinated by the sliver of politics that touched the case.

This is why we can have a conversation. You're not a psycho (so far).
    And what, exactly, pushes us (Jodi trial/thread) followers over that ledge? Just curious.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    And what, exactly, pushes us (Jodi trial/thread) followers over that ledge? Just curious.
    The way they were raised, maybe?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I wonder, what is it about this trial that brings out these fierce conversations and debate? How much can you really care about this trial? As far as I can tell, it's changing no laws, she has been found guilty of a crime she admitted.. How did the facts of this trial make it so trivial there has to be 1000000000 random discussions on it?

What the fuck do your homes look like? Tell me at least your dishes are done. Nevermind that marriage you signed up for.

Ehhh..know what I'm wondering? How it is that everyone that hates that thread, finds so much time to complain about it? I guess in some weird way, it's entertaining to talk about all the fuckery the thread is known for but at least it only takes one thread for that

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I agree that minorities or poor folks dont get enough media attention for being crime victims. I have to agree that back in 2009 when Jodi went on national tv to tell her story, I became interested in the Mormon slant. The Mormons I met or knew of were kind, innocent, naive and clannish. As time went by and Romney opposed Obama and Romney wanted to become President of LDS, I wondered what he thought of this mess. Then I read somewhere (no I dont have the link) that he disavowed himself. Granted I was living in NYC and didnt know load of Mormons, I was fascinated by the sliver of politics that touched the case.
    No, I wasn't impressed with the Mormons I met in Northern Virginia. Clannish they are, and they act like they are better than everyone else. I had a big toodoo with a Mormon bishop, but that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    No, I wasn't impressed with the Mormons I met in Northern Virginia. Clannish they are, and they act like they are better than everyone else. I had a big toodoo with a Mormon bishop, but that's for another thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...secrets+mormon

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...secrets+mormon

there's a thread for that. 2, in fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Lol @ greeneyes. Yes, I wonder what these ppl's homes look like too. There are obviously people who spend waaaaay too much time on the computer, sitting around in their underwear in a filthy house w/ no 'real people' relationships. And when do they work?? I, for one, have a job and am frequently on break at my job as a blackjack dealer and I have nothing better to do than read on my phone. I don't FB or anything like that. Yes, this is strange and I wonder about these ppl sometimes!

You are absolutely right! This is why we can have a conversation. You're not a psycho (so far).

Yea, the thread moved like a chat room. I haven't really used the ignore feature, but once it was too far gone I gave up. When it reached the tipping point, there was a maximum of ONE good post per page, so it was just too much. Maybe I'll hang in there next time a thread gets that nutty.

But yea, the crazies will fade away, and the interesting posters will explore (if they haven't already) so it's all good.

He seems like he's from decent stock. ...I saw his pics.

You couldn't say anything in that thread without being an instant page behind. Lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    I feel like this question answers itself.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

He seems like he's from decent stock. ...I saw his pics.

You couldn't say anything in that thread without being an instant page behind. Lost cause.

I feel like this question answers itself.
    Yeah, I am waving the white flag at this point. All of it is chit chat and fighting. To top it off there is a JA Chit chat thread. Looking for a link, or court doc is a lost cause.

ETA: My house is clean. My kids are fed, clean, and homework/projects done. All of the pets are fed, walked, and cleaned up after. Dinner is on the table and cleaned up after. As far as the marriage I signed up for, he is deployed, so I was looking for adult conversation about a case I had been intrigued by for 5 years.
    Last edited by Rockabillychick; 05-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    Yeah, I am waving the white flag at this point. All of it is chit chat and fighting. To top it off there is a JA Chit chat thread. Looking for a link, or court doc is a lost cause.

ETA: My house is clean. My kids are fed, clean, and homework/projects done. All of the pets are fed, walked, and cleaned up after. Dinner is on the table and cleaned up after. As far as the marriage I signed up for, he is deployed, so I was looking for adult conversation about a case I had been intrigued by for 5 years.
    This is very well said-and couldn't be more true. I tried to keep up with the main thread and its just not worth the time or effort. Berm did a great job with the recaps, justice11's dear diaries were beyond funny, and Sneakers was always on the ball with whatever info anyone needed regarding the trial, court, the law, etc. There were other great posters that really added intelligent insight as well. And then there was coconut that added his unique comedy when things got too serious. It was a very well rounded thread-but it's not anymore and that's why I'm out.

I should also say I'm OCD as hell so my house is really never dirty to begin with. I just recently graduated from college and because I don't spend 4-5 hours a day doing homework anymore, Im finally free to do what I please with my free time. My boyfriend works 2 jobs so he's rarely home but my interest in this trial hasn't affected our relationship.

I live alone with just my dog and cat to care for. I am not much of a cook, so there is rarely anything but coffee mugs and spoons in the sink, and I keep up with the regular housework. I have been out of work on disability since last Fall, and I am due to return in July, at least on a part-time basis. Many days I felt like absolute shit, and the humor on the various threads made me laugh when nothing else did. I have a fenced yard, so my dog can go out whenever he wants to. Every day I clean dog and cat shit, play ball with the dog, and vacuum. I have a seven room house that is relatively clean, and I have been busting my ass catching up on Spring cleaning and doing the yardwork I couldn't do last Fall. What really hurt me by watching this trial is that I got a bit disorganized, and that drives me crazy. I'm back to making lists, and they are LONG. I can't wait to go back to work and feel like a normal human being again. Too much time on my hands makes me crazy, and I alleviated the boredom by becoming immersed in the trial. To some extent it took my mind off my personal issues, and that made my life easier, if only temporarily. I got caught up in the frenzy a few times, but I have backed off and am trying to regain some semblence of normalcy again. I anticipate that in a few months I will dread turning on the computer at home after using it at work most of the day. Anyway, I appreciate some of the good people I have become acquainted with at MDS and look forward to their posts on other threads. I just want this case and the Jodi Arias show to be over already.

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    Lol @ greeneyes. Yes, I wonder what these ppl's homes look like too. There are obviously people who spend waaaaay too much time on the computer, sitting around in their underwear in a filthy house w/ no 'real people' relationships. And when do they work?? I, for one, have a job and am frequently on break at my job as a blackjack dealer and I have nothing better to do than read on my phone. I don't FB or anything like that. Yes, this is strange and I wonder about these ppl sometimes!
    I will quote since I am not on mobile unless you count an iPad. If the afore mentioned post was not directed at my post, please kindly disregard or fuck off whichever applies. I AM an employed person. I am a network engineer for a very well respected business in Phoenix. My job requires a couple brain cells to keep me and my other 1000+ employees happy. I am on call 24/7 but that does not stop me from watching/following the Jodi thread. I Am married as a matter of fact, happily, for a very long time. My marriage and my house are of no concern of anyone but I will say that both are doing very well. My house is immaculate by anyone's standards since I have taken on my father's genes of being very anal about things. Everything has its place. What I find very interesting is that everyone of you, have the same voice. It's like listening to the same chorus by different choirs! Even though you all think the same, you don't even make a compelling argument except for maybe Ron..and I hate to say that. I have grown some new appreciation for how his mind works. Thanks Ron! Please have an original thought in your head before saying ^^^ that too. Sincerely, the asshole Jodi thread trial watcher.

I think there are a lot of reasons people could get sucked into a particular case. I think it has happened to all posters here. This case is a phenomena in how it has attracted a larger than usual number of whackadoos, in addition to the.intelligent posters like yourselves. I hope you all stay around .

Thanks Monter! If anything this thread has been entertaining knowing how the other half of the forum feel about that thread. I mean no disrespect to anyone...I do get offended if I feel like I am getting unfairly lumped into a "group" of posters that no one wants on the thread as well as the forum as a whole. Peace to all! I have no more that I can say...except for I respect each and every one of you. I might not always agree but I will try to at least create a legitimate argument. Mark my words on that!

God... I hope I'm not considered "crazy".......

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Thanks Monter! If anything this thread has been entertaining knowing how the other half of the forum feel about that thread. I mean no disrespect to anyone...I do get offended if I feel like I am getting unfairly lumped into a "group" of posters that no one wants on the thread as well as the forum as a whole. Peace to all! I have no more that I can say...except for I respect each and every one of you. I might not always agree but I will try to at least create a legitimate argument. Mark my words on that!
    Guessing a little of Jodi has rubbed off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    God... I hope I'm not considered "crazy".......
    Of course you are. You are hanging out on a forum that obsesses about death, murder, mayhem.... etc.

ahem. As someone who's been here for years, I know crazy when I see it.

Many of us were looking forward to the "Jodi" trial. Then, it turned out to be so overthetop crazy and so attractive to the crazy that hadn't yet found us that our happy little mad house was over ran. Kind of hard to take, that's all.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I know this, when I finally do go off on someone in that thread, it's going to be epic. My goal is to be banned so hard my monitor explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Of course you are. You are hanging out on a forum that obsesses about death, murder, mayhem.... etc.

ahem. As someone who's been here for years, I know crazy when I see it.

Many of us were looking forward to the "Jodi" trial. Then, it turned out to be so overthetop crazy and so attractive to the crazy that hadn't yet found us that our happy little mad house was over ran. Kind of hard to take, that's all.
    I blame HLN.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I blame HLN.
    Not just HLN... but they certainly helped.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I blame HLN.
    Fuck HLN! Most of you all know my thoughts on that useless network. I did however take pics of the main fuckers when I went to the courthouse so I guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds. What can I say, Beth Karis, Jinkosaurous and JVM were right there and accessible. I had to take pictures for proof! That is my excuse anyways!

Thread Information