Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

If the jury returns a verdict of less than first degree murder, what reasons might they give for their decision? Is there anything from the trial that makes you doubt premeditated murder?

This is the place to discuss. Please keep the discussion on-topic.

Here are some examples of what is not welcome:
    1. It WAS premeditateed murder!
    2. I hate Jodi, she's a killer!
    3. Nurmi is fat and a liar!
    4. Juan DID prove premeditated murder!
    5. I am going to DISPROVE these doubts for you!

If you can't follow those guidelines, kindly GTFO. So, I'll get this party started.

Martinez focused so blindly on the gas cans and the long term planning, he ignored how premeditation could have been formed in the few minutes before the murder, in Jodi's scenario. During Jodi's testimony, she talked about going in the closet, and literally having a moment to decide/reflect on what to do next. She went for the gun. To me that sounds like a conscious choice to escalate to deadly force, but Martinez did not single this out for special attention.

With the "credibility" Jodi's frenzied scenario gained with each retelling, and Nurmi's closing arguments about "snapping", and Juan's missed opportunity, some doubt is cast on premeditation.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    What about the anal Coconut?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Anal was premeditated. Proof = KY bottle.

Doubts about premeditated murder? Stuff that doesn't fit? Here is another one I think about...

Why bring a gun and a knife (if she did bring them both as Juan claims)? I would think that a gun would be enough to get the job done quickly and cleanly. Then we get into the whole confusion about which wound came first.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Why bring a gun and a knife (if she did bring them both as Juan claims)? I would think that a gun would be enough to get the job done quickly and cleanly. Then we get into the whole confusion about which wound came first.
    She didn't want to risk the sound of a gunshot during the daytime hours. She had him seated and naked defenseless in the shower. He surprised the fuck out of her when he was able to to get out of the shower, to the sink and down the hall. She finally brought him down for good at the end of the hallway. She finally shot him because his body made a noise, perhaps air escaping from his lungs.

When she shot him the head she must have been thinking "What do I have to do to finally kill him?"

Doubts about premeditated murder? Stuff that doesn't fit? Here is another one I think about...

Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.
    Oops. One on topic post snuck through!

She was probably more sure of her knife skills than her gun skills.

dimedropper
    Travis had a kitchen he had knives.Flores say's " no knives were reported missing from the kitchen" How the fuck does he know what knives T-dogg had in his kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    Travis had a kitchen he had knives.Flores say's " no knives were reported missing from the kitchen" How the fuck does he know what knives T-dogg had in his kitchen?
    Your right there is no way he would know. Not all people keep all of their knives organized in a knife block-some just don't fit in the little slits.

OMG I just spewed my cinco de mayo margarita out my nose... That is HIlarious!

I will give you a reason OT and this bothers me still If Travis WAS afraid of her, why HAVE sex and continue to allow her IN? If you want nothing to do with her, STOP encouraging her.

No, I don't actually believe it wasn't premeditated, it is just something that can NOT be explained to the point that I GET it. Her reasons TO kill him are so so so so trivial and small in the BIG picture, I just don't understand. Which is probably why i am fascinated by this whole entire case.

What kind of a sicko would do that to a coconut???

To me this thread is like asking

"Reasons to doubt the sky is blue"

OR

"Reasons to doubt water is wet"

There were so many things in this trial that screamed premeditation, its really hard for me to look at the other side of the fence. For example, Jodi says she went to travis's house as a last minute decision, but then claimed she brought over pictures for him to see on a CD when she got there. I mean, who does something like that unless they had a plan of going over there all along?

Its not even about the long planning either imo, slitting his throat was the clear sign that she wanted him dead and was no longer simply "defending" herself. That right there was a sign of premed
    "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?"
    "The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path"

Zero on-topic replies so far. Please read the first post before I start punching myself in the balls. I really don't give a shit what you think this thread is like

Back on topic. No conclusive evidence links Jodi to either murder weapon. Only circumstantial evidence involving the gun.

Talk about reasons for jury doubt or get the fuck out and post somewhere else.

Zero on-topic replies so far. Please read the first post before I start punching myself in the balls. I really don't give a shit what you think this thread is like

Back on topic. No conclusive evidence links Jodi to either murder weapon. Only circumstantial evidence involving the gun.

Don't punch yourself in the balls! Ok obviously you started this thread because you feel there are several points that allude to the fact that the murder wasn't premeditated. I'm willing to hear you out. What are your top 5 best theories?

Ouch!

Okay, Under the title 'Questions the Jury Might be Asking':

Why would she go to such pains to hide her tracks then stage a burglary to get the .25 cal, then use said weapon, complete with police report, to commit the crime? Is that not a giant blinking neon sign saying "LOOK AT ME!"?

She bought a gas can from Walmart, then OMG LIED ABOUT RETURNING IT! Caught red-handed filling 3 gas cans to hide being in AZ! Why else would she fill 3 gas cans? I dunno, why did she fill the 3 gas cans in Utah on the way home? What was she trying to cover up then? Maybe she's just batshit crazy.

After going to such pains to cover her tracks in AZ, she arrives at Travis's house in the early am. She is expected in Utah by Ryan Burns, her alibi. Instead of carrying out her plan as soon as the roommates leave and hightailing it up to Utah, she hangs out for 12 hours, waiting until 5:30 in the afternoon, just before the roommates will be coming home to do the deed? R-i-i-i-g-h-t....

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Ouch!

Okay, Under the title 'Questions the Jury Might be Asking':

Why would she go to such pains to hide her tracks then stage a burglary to get the .25 cal, then use said weapon, complete with police report, to commit the crime? Is that not a giant blinking neon sign saying "LOOK AT ME!"?

She bought a gas can from Walmart, then OMG LIED ABOUT RETURNING IT! Caught red-handed filling 3 gas cans to hide being in AZ! Why else would she fill 3 gas cans? I dunno, why did she fill the 3 gas cans in Utah on the way home? What was she trying to cover up then? Maybe she's just batshit crazy.

After going to such pains to cover her tracks in AZ, she arrives at Travis's house in the early am. She is expected in Utah by Ryan Burns, her alibi. Instead of carrying out her plan as soon as the roommates leave and hightailing it up to Utah, she hangs out for 12 hours, waiting until 5:30 in the afternoon, just before the roommates will be coming home to do the deed? R-i-i-i-g-h-t....
    Cool! An unpopular idea thread. I didn't even notice this earlier. I apologise to anyone who's already posted this, I should've read the whole thread first to check.

Oh well, deep breath, here goes (& yes I know it's got holes, it's just a loosely formed idea that I haven't tested against any evidence whatsoever & I have NO emotional attachment to the idea, I don't suggest it's fact in any way shape or form)

So in response to Crickets post above, this is where an idea I've had for a while might come in, & anyone on that jury who IS or has had a relationship with someone like this will probably consider this too. I have found over the years, as a result of my knack for managing to consistently enter relationships with the biggest psycho available at the time (metz & batz, we can discuss my mother later) that people with very jealous & suspicious personalities think everyone is just like them. They think everyone goes through, diaries, texts, phone bills trying to catch their partner/s in a lie. & what kind of lies specifically are they so obsessed with finding? Well lies relating to illicit sexual relationships of course. Why are they CONSTANTLY looking for signs of infidelity? Because they expect infidelity , because they believe, with NO room for doubt that everyone is just like them.

Jealous, suspicious people think everyone is just like they are. It never occurs to them to trust because they believe everyone is lying. They think that when they're caught lying, that it's no big deal, hell, people understand! Because everyone is lying about something everyday. Because THEY sneak & spy & check phone bills to see where their partner's REALLY been, or check out the fuel usage & mileage on their partners car (& I didn't drive at the time, but I was warned, that if I got a car, not to think I could go slutting around behind his back just because I had transport & might be able to beat him home, because he WOULD check if the fuel & mileage matched my "story") they BELIEVE their partner's are doing it to them & they can get REALLY nasty about these imagined threats to THEIR privacy, even though there's always an excuse for stripping the right to privacy from their partners.

The friends in this case describe Jodi as an extremely jealous & paranoid person, so I guess that even though she liked to present a calm, reasonable & fair personality to people who'd known her short term, it's possible that away from public view, she was a constantly fizzing mess, bubbling over with paranoia & jealousy over what a given partner was up to with other women, but also, what lengths that partner was going to, to find out what SHE was doing. So..she's going to visit this other guy. She's still pining for Travis, she wants this chance to see him, but just in case he's still saying he's done with her, she doesn't want a drama if she turns up at new guys house & he figures out she went & saw the ex BEFORE she came to him. I can't see too many blokes being impressed with that. Disregard sexual jealousy & on an intellectual level alone, the new guy is likely to be saying "no thanks, there's obviously still strong feelings there." Jodi doesn't want new guy pissed off too! Not while Travis hasn't come round yet. Look at it from the point of view of someone as clingy &jealous as Jodi. She will be EXPECTING this guy to sneak a look through her ph logs, bank statements, at her gas & mileage. She will take it for granted he might hack her online ph & bank records to check up on her. That's perfectly normal behaviour to Jodi, it's simply what you do when you're falling in love. EVERYONE does it. Anyone who denies it is lying.

So yeah, Jodi did everything she could to fly under the radar so the new guy could never bust her for visiting an ex when she was supposed to be rushing to see new guy. Travis didn't tell her to get lost. Their on-again-off-again relationship switched back to "on" just like it always had & they spent time together, just like they always had. But much later, something happened. I don't know what, but we all know how it ended. & she is panicking now, because if she admits anything, no-one is ever going to believe she didn't plan it. Because she has covered her trail coming here. It's a poorly hidden trail for law enforcement purposes, because it was never intended to hide anything from the law - just the new boyfriend she assumed would be as paranoid & jealous as she is. It's also why some major events are not recorded in her diary - she EXPECTS them to be read secretly & without her permission.& so now something horrible & unexpected has happened but her paranoia & jealousy have dug her into a deep hole & it's too late to tell the truth because already, nobody believes a fucking word (& that's ok, that bit she REALLY gets because she doesn't believe anyone else either).
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-14-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Cool! An unpopular idea thread. I didn't even notice this earlier. I apologise to anyone who's already posted this, I should've read the whole thread first to check.

Oh well, deep breath, here goes (& yes I know it's got holes, it's just a loosely formed idea that I haven't tested against any evidence whatsoever & I have NO emotional attachment to the idea, I don't suggest it's fact in any way shape or form)

So in response to Crickets post aove, this is where an idea I've had for a while might come in, & anyone on that jury who IS or has had a relationship with someone like this will probably consider this too. I have found over the years, as a result of my knack for managing to consistently enter relationships with the biggest psycho available at the time (metz & batz, we can discuss my mother later) that people with very jealous & suspicious personalities think everyone is just like them. They think everyone goes through, diaries, texts, phone bills trying to catch their partner/s in a lie. & what kind of lies specifically are they so obsessed with finding? Well lies relating to illicit sexual relationships of course. Why are they CONSTANTLY looking for signs of infidelity? Because they expect infidelity , because they believe, with NO room for doubt that everyone is just like them.

Jealous, suspicious people think everyone is just like they are. It never occurs to them to trust because they believe everyone is lying. They think that when they're caught lying, that it's no big deal, hell, people understand! Because everyone is lying about something everyday. Because THEY sneak & spy & check phone bills to see where their partner's REALLY been, or check out the fuel usage & mileage on their partners car (& I didn't drive at the time, but I was warned, that if I got a car, not to think I could go slutting around behind his back just because I had transport & might be able to beat him home, because he WOULD check if the fuel & mileage matched my "story") they BELIEVE their partner's are doing it to them & they can get REALLY nasty about these imagined threats to THEIR privacy, even though there's always an excuse for stripping the right to privacy from their partners.

The friends in this case describe Jodi as an extremely jealous & paranoid person, so I guess that even though she liked to present a calm, reasonable & fair personality to people who'd known her short term, it's possible that away from public view, she was a constantly fizzing mess, bubbling over with paranoia & jealousy over what a given partner was up to with oher women, but also, what lengths that partner was going to, to find out what SHE was doing. So..she's going to visit this other guy. She's still pining for Travis, she wants this chance to see him, but just in case he's still saying he's done with her, she doesn't want a drama if she turns up at new guys house & he figures out she went & saw the ex BEFORE she came to him. I can't see too many blokes being impressed with that. Disregard sexual jealousy & on an intellectual level alone, the new guy is likely to be saying "no thanks, there's obviously still strong feelings there." Jodi doesn't want new guy pissed off too! Not while Travis hasn't come round yet. Look at it from the point of view of someone as clingy &jealous as Jodi. She will be EXPECTING this guy to sneak a look through her ph logs, bank statements, at her gas & mileage. She will take it for granted he might hack her online ph & bank records to check up on her. That's perfectly normal behaviour to Jodi, it's simply what you do when you're falling in love. EVERYONE does it. Anyone who denies it is lying.

So yeah, Jodi did everything she could to fly under the radar so the new guy could never bust her for visiting an ex when she was supposed to be rushing to see new guy. Travis didn't tell her to get lost. Their on-again-off-again relationship switched back to "on" just like it always had & they spent time together, just like they always had. But much later, something happened. I don't know what, but we all know how it ended. & she is panicking now, because if she admits anything, no-one is ever going to believe she didn't plan it. Because she has covered her trail coming here. It's a poorly hidden trail for law enforcement purposes, because it was never intended to hide anything from the law - just the new boyfriend she assumed would be as paranoid & jealous as she is. It's also why some major events are not recorded in her diary - she EXPECTS them to be read secretly & without her permission.& so now something horrible & unexpected has happened but her paranoia & jealousy have dug her into a deep hole & it's too late to tell the truth because already, nobody believes a fucking word (& that's ok, that bit she REALLY gets because she doesn't believe anyone else either).
    Interesting theory. Where do the gun and the knife come into play in this story? If it was an unexpected killing, are you suggesting that part of her story could be true?

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    Interesting theory. Where do the gun and the knife come into play in this story? If it was an unexpected killing, are you suggesting that part of her story could be true?
    Oh god, I haven't got that far yet! My head is aspin (ok that word is SOO not looking right) - try my head is "SPINNING" with the possibilities. Oh god the ENDLESS possibilities. Will think on it for a bit & see if I can come up with anything we havn't tried a thousand times already. The thread moves so fast & there's the old one as well, chances are, anything I think is a new idea was already posted months ago. We have a pretty insightful bunch with some seriously heavy life experience, I doubt there's too many rational possibilities that haven't had at least a single post mention. Ideas.. anyone..

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

So in response to Crickets post aove, this is where an idea I've had for a while might come in, & anyone on that jury who IS or has had a relationship with someone like this will probably consider this too. I have found over the years, as a result of my knack for managing to consistently enter relationships with the biggest psycho available at the time (metz & batz, we can discuss my mother later) that people with very jealous & suspicious personalities think everyone is just like them. They think everyone goes through, diaries, texts, phone bills trying to catch their partner/s in a lie. & what kind of lies specifically are they so obsessed with finding? Well lies relating to illicit sexual relationships of course. Why are they CONSTANTLY looking for signs of infidelity? Because they expect infidelity , because they believe, with NO room for doubt that everyone is just like them.

The friends in this case describe Jodi as an extremely jealous & paranoid person, so I guess that even though she liked to present a calm, reasonable & fair personality to people who'd known her short term, it's possible that away from public view, she was a constantly fizzing mess, bubbling over with paranoia & jealousy over what a given partner was up to with oher women, but also, what lengths that partner was going to, to find out what SHE was doing. So..she's going to visit this other guy. She's still pining for Travis, she wants this chance to see him, but just in case he's still saying he's done with her, she doesn't want a drama if she turns up at new guys house & he figures out she went & saw the ex BEFORE she came to him. I can't see too many blokes being impressed with that. Disregard sexual jealousy & on an intellectual level alone, the new guy is likely to be saying "no thanks, there's obviously still strong feelings there." Jodi doesn't want new guy pissed off too! Not while Travis hasn't come round yet. Look at it from the point of view of someone as clingy &jealous as Jodi. She will be EXPECTING this guy to sneak a look through her ph logs, bank statements, at her gas & mileage. She will take it for granted he might hack her online ph & bank records to check up on her. That's perfectly normal behaviour to Jodi, it's simply what you do when you're falling in love. EVERYONE does it. Anyone who denies it is lying.

or Travis knew she was going to see Ryan and he was jealous that he may have gone to far and was going to lose her.(I mean really lose her )The game was comming to a close ,the on the off again game.Here was Jodi making the break on her own to Ryan.Maybe he deep down didn't want to lose his anal queen.He invited her to his house yea for sex,it gave him power that he could still control her,he knew she would make the drive,she alway's had before .Maybe just maybe he was checking his own sexual pull on her.Maybe he wanted to know that he could still conquer it.If he could she wasn't completely gone....yet.maybe he said something off color like "now go see if Ryan can do your ass as good as I just did"and that lit her tampon of rage.

[QUOTE=loonywop;3413125](totally snipped) or Travis knew she was going to see Ryan and he was jealous that he may have gone to far and was going to lose her...he knew she would make the drive,she alway's had before .Maybe just maybe he was checking his own sexual pull on her.Maybe he wanted to know that he could still conquer it.If he could she wasn't completely gone...

THIS sounds like quite a few guys I've known. I wonder..? (but unfortunately it is 5.45pm wednesday here & I've gotta go feed 3 kids, back eventually - depends on homework, pets & bedtime all going to plan..)

Knife - no knives, as far they could tell, were missing from TA's house. Who the fuck uses a knife to cut a decorative rope/tassel when they have scissors? I still don't believe there was a "rope".

She had access to Darryl Brewer's knife collection that was in her storage unit and for the bonus round she had TWO knives in the trunk of her rental car along with the brand new gun she bought when she was arrested.

Knife - no knives, as far they could tell, were missing from TA's house. Who the fuck uses a knife to cut a decorative rope/tassel when they have scissors? I still don't believe there was a "rope".

She had access to Darryl Brewer's knife collection that was in her storage unit and for the bonus round she had TWO knives in the trunk of her rental car along with the brand new gun she bought when she was arrested.
    and who the hell CUTS rope to have sex? seriously, that is some serious planning. wouldn't you take care of that before the event????

Another reason why a juror would have doubt about premeditation

"Jodi could have snapped"

Jodi has been diagnosed with mental disorders. She was emotionally abused, controlled, and called hurtful names over a long period of time. Something happened in the bathroom that sent her over the edge, and she killed him in a wild rage. A sick person who gave in to a rush of emotions.

Jodi has been diagnosed with mental disorders. She was emotionally abused, controlled, and called hurtful names over a long period of time. Something happened in the bathroom that sent her over the edge, and she killed him in a wild rage. A sick person who gave in to a rush of emotions.
    Well I actually kind of agree with you. People with Borderline Personality Disorder are extremely impulsive and don't think before they act. So +1.

You are basing your "theory" that she abused on some highly selective out of context emails/texts without knowing exactly what prompted them.

Are you taking the word of a pathological liar and her apologist?

What about the fact that she hacked his emails/social media accounts/ bank accounts and went through his phone?

In almost 5 years the defense could not find a single person, man or woman, who said that TA was abusive. Not a single one.

She';s such a parasite that the defense never even called a single member of her family or a single one of her friends to testify on her behalf.

Come to think of it, what friends did she have? Other than Patti, who hadn't seen or spent any time with her in years.

Why didn't her ally, her one true friend, Matt McCartney show up testify about the "bruises" she says he saw on her throat?

I'll tell you why, because it didn't happen. Because Matt McCartney was dumb enough to try help her with the forged pedo letters!

Letters she spent days and months forging in her cell and passed to Matt so he could send then anonymously and electronically to her defense team!

Thread Information