Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

If the jury returns a verdict of less than first degree murder, what reasons might they give for their decision? Is there anything from the trial that makes you doubt premeditated murder?

This is the place to discuss. Please keep the discussion on-topic.

Here are some examples of what is not welcome:
    1. It WAS premeditateed murder!
    2. I hate Jodi, she's a killer!
    3. Nurmi is fat and a liar!
    4. Juan DID prove premeditated murder!
    5. I am going to DISPROVE these doubts for you!

If you can't follow those guidelines, kindly GTFO. So, I'll get this party started.

Martinez focused so blindly on the gas cans and the long term planning, he ignored how premeditation could have been formed in the few minutes before the murder, in Jodi's scenario. During Jodi's testimony, she talked about going in the closet, and literally having a moment to decide/reflect on what to do next. She went for the gun. To me that sounds like a conscious choice to escalate to deadly force, but Martinez did not single this out for special attention.

With the "credibility" Jodi's frenzied scenario gained with each retelling, and Nurmi's closing arguments about "snapping", and Juan's missed opportunity, some doubt is cast on premeditation.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    What about the anal Coconut?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    What about the anal Coconut?
    Anal was premeditated. Proof = KY bottle.

Doubts about premeditated murder? Stuff that doesn't fit? Here is another one I think about...

Why bring a gun and a knife (if she did bring them both as Juan claims)? I would think that a gun would be enough to get the job done quickly and cleanly. Then we get into the whole confusion about which wound came first.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Why bring a gun and a knife (if she did bring them both as Juan claims)? I would think that a gun would be enough to get the job done quickly and cleanly. Then we get into the whole confusion about which wound came first.
    She didn't want to risk the sound of a gunshot during the daytime hours. She had him seated and naked defenseless in the shower. He surprised the fuck out of her when he was able to to get out of the shower, to the sink and down the hall. She finally brought him down for good at the end of the hallway. She finally shot him because his body made a noise, perhaps air escaping from his lungs.

When she shot him the head she must have been thinking "What do I have to do to finally kill him?"

To me this thread is like asking

"Reasons to doubt the sky is blue"

OR

"Reasons to doubt water is wet"

There were so many things in this trial that screamed premeditation, its really hard for me to look at the other side of the fence. For example, Jodi says she went to travis's house as a last minute decision, but then claimed she brought over pictures for him to see on a CD when she got there. I mean, who does something like that unless they had a plan of going over there all along?

Its not even about the long planning either imo, slitting his throat was the clear sign that she wanted him dead and was no longer simply "defending" herself. That right there was a sign of premed
    "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?"
    "The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path"

Doubts about premeditated murder? Stuff that doesn't fit? Here is another one I think about...

Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.

Zero on-topic replies so far. Please read the first post before I start punching myself in the balls. I really don't give a shit what you think this thread is like

Back on topic. No conclusive evidence links Jodi to either murder weapon. Only circumstantial evidence involving the gun.

Talk about reasons for jury doubt or get the fuck out and post somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.
    Oops. One on topic post snuck through!

Knife - no knives, as far they could tell, were missing from TA's house. Who the fuck uses a knife to cut a decorative rope/tassel when they have scissors? I still don't believe there was a "rope".

She had access to Darryl Brewer's knife collection that was in her storage unit and for the bonus round she had TWO knives in the trunk of her rental car along with the brand new gun she bought when she was arrested.

Zero on-topic replies so far. Please read the first post before I start punching myself in the balls. I really don't give a shit what you think this thread is like

Back on topic. No conclusive evidence links Jodi to either murder weapon. Only circumstantial evidence involving the gun.

Don't punch yourself in the balls! Ok obviously you started this thread because you feel there are several points that allude to the fact that the murder wasn't premeditated. I'm willing to hear you out. What are your top 5 best theories?

Another reason why a juror would have doubt about premeditation

"Jodi could have snapped"

Jodi has been diagnosed with mental disorders. She was emotionally abused, controlled, and called hurtful names over a long period of time. Something happened in the bathroom that sent her over the edge, and she killed him in a wild rage. A sick person who gave in to a rush of emotions.

Jodi has been diagnosed with mental disorders. She was emotionally abused, controlled, and called hurtful names over a long period of time. Something happened in the bathroom that sent her over the edge, and she killed him in a wild rage. A sick person who gave in to a rush of emotions.
    Well I actually kind of agree with you. People with Borderline Personality Disorder are extremely impulsive and don't think before they act. So +1.

Nurmi's closing arguments about why didn't she kill him right away or when his back was turned to her while she took pictures of him on the bed are going to factor in if she gets out of 1st degree. That was huge. If you planned this, why would you risk hanging around for 14 hours or whatever it was before you kill him. If anyone is not totally for 1st degree in that jury and is concentrating on that, it will be hard to sway them.

OMG I just spewed my cinco de mayo margarita out my nose... That is HIlarious!

I will give you a reason OT and this bothers me still If Travis WAS afraid of her, why HAVE sex and continue to allow her IN? If you want nothing to do with her, STOP encouraging her.

No, I don't actually believe it wasn't premeditated, it is just something that can NOT be explained to the point that I GET it. Her reasons TO kill him are so so so so trivial and small in the BIG picture, I just don't understand. Which is probably why i am fascinated by this whole entire case.

Ouch!

Okay, Under the title 'Questions the Jury Might be Asking':

Why would she go to such pains to hide her tracks then stage a burglary to get the .25 cal, then use said weapon, complete with police report, to commit the crime? Is that not a giant blinking neon sign saying "LOOK AT ME!"?

She bought a gas can from Walmart, then OMG LIED ABOUT RETURNING IT! Caught red-handed filling 3 gas cans to hide being in AZ! Why else would she fill 3 gas cans? I dunno, why did she fill the 3 gas cans in Utah on the way home? What was she trying to cover up then? Maybe she's just batshit crazy.

After going to such pains to cover her tracks in AZ, she arrives at Travis's house in the early am. She is expected in Utah by Ryan Burns, her alibi. Instead of carrying out her plan as soon as the roommates leave and hightailing it up to Utah, she hangs out for 12 hours, waiting until 5:30 in the afternoon, just before the roommates will be coming home to do the deed? R-i-i-i-g-h-t....

I mean really, was the SEX that good?

He couldn't find ANYONE else on earth to have sex with?

I mean what would make a seemingly sane man who thinks this woman is slashing his tires, hacking his accounts, harassing him... what would make him LET her in his house???

You are basing your "theory" that she abused on some highly selective out of context emails/texts without knowing exactly what prompted them.

Are you taking the word of a pathological liar and her apologist?

What about the fact that she hacked his emails/social media accounts/ bank accounts and went through his phone?

In almost 5 years the defense could not find a single person, man or woman, who said that TA was abusive. Not a single one.

She';s such a parasite that the defense never even called a single member of her family or a single one of her friends to testify on her behalf.

Come to think of it, what friends did she have? Other than Patti, who hadn't seen or spent any time with her in years.

Why didn't her ally, her one true friend, Matt McCartney show up testify about the "bruises" she says he saw on her throat?

I'll tell you why, because it didn't happen. Because Matt McCartney was dumb enough to try help her with the forged pedo letters!

Letters she spent days and months forging in her cell and passed to Matt so he could send then anonymously and electronically to her defense team!

Oh yea, I believe she did snap, but I dont think it was a spur of the moment type of snap. I believe she went to his house with a plan.

Theres no doubt she has issues and has trouble conveying normal emotions. We have seen that throughout this trial. She prob cared about Travis alot, but didnt know how to convey that love to him in a "normal" way, so to me I think thats one of the reasons why they had so much sex. Travis prob didnt realize how much she cared about him because of personality problems, so that prob ticked her off. She prob though "why cant this guy see how much i want him?"

Well unfortunately for her it seemed like she turned their relationship into an obsession. And then when he finally told her off, i think thats when she "snapped"

That doesnt justify what she did to him, but i can understand that rage and how hurt she prob was at that time
    "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?"
    "The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path"

Another reason to doubt

If I planned to kill somebody, I don't think I would be able to be around them for hours and act normally if my whole reason for seeing them was to kill them. They would sense something was up. I would be giving off scary vibes.

I don't think I could have sex twice with someone I planned to kill at the first opportunity.

Okay.... I love the Coco, so I will take a stab (yes, that was a pun)

There is only circumstantial evidence linking JA to the gun and no evidence at all that she brought a knife.

There are records of countless phone calls from Travis to JA and we don't know what he said on those calls.

JA has not shown a propensity for violence toward other boyfriends.

Seriously, the girl is ill and emotionally stunted- could be indicative of real mental illness or drug addiction and because she is also extremely narcissistic, she has covered this up. She would rather be guilty than crazy.

She just lost it after he told her to get the fuck out.

Not probable, but possible.
    Last edited by Freaktab; 05-05-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

AND I totally disagree on the "she was emotionallyl abused and controlled" thing. I think SHE abused and manipulated him. Sex IS powerful to some. but man, I don't know HOW it didn't make him run like the wind when she hacked stuff and slashed tires. Some Freaky behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Knife - no knives, as far they could tell, were missing from TA's house. Who the fuck uses a knife to cut a decorative rope/tassel when they have scissors? I still don't believe there was a "rope".

She had access to Darryl Brewer's knife collection that was in her storage unit and for the bonus round she had TWO knives in the trunk of her rental car along with the brand new gun she bought when she was arrested.
    and who the hell CUTS rope to have sex? seriously, that is some serious planning. wouldn't you take care of that before the event????

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Ouch!

Okay, Under the title 'Questions the Jury Might be Asking':

Why would she go to such pains to hide her tracks then stage a burglary to get the .25 cal, then use said weapon, complete with police report, to commit the crime? Is that not a giant blinking neon sign saying "LOOK AT ME!"?

She bought a gas can from Walmart, then OMG LIED ABOUT RETURNING IT! Caught red-handed filling 3 gas cans to hide being in AZ! Why else would she fill 3 gas cans? I dunno, why did she fill the 3 gas cans in Utah on the way home? What was she trying to cover up then? Maybe she's just batshit crazy.

After going to such pains to cover her tracks in AZ, she arrives at Travis's house in the early am. She is expected in Utah by Ryan Burns, her alibi. Instead of carrying out her plan as soon as the roommates leave and hightailing it up to Utah, she hangs out for 12 hours, waiting until 5:30 in the afternoon, just before the roommates will be coming home to do the deed? R-i-i-i-g-h-t....
    She had a plan, that's all premeditation requires. It doesn't have be a good plan, just a plan.

If I planned to kill somebody, I don't think I would be able to be around them for hours and act normally if my whole reason for seeing them was to kill them. They would sense something was up. I would be giving off scary vibes.

I don't think I could have sex twice with someone I planned to kill at the first opportunity.

She's a Psychopath. You're trying to apply the reactions/motions/feelings of a normal human being to her. She is not.

If the jury returns a verdict of less than first degree murder, what reasons might they give for their decision? Is there anything from the trial that makes you doubt premeditated murder?

Martinez focused so blindly on the gas cans and the long term planning, he ignored how premeditation could have been formed in the few minutes before the murder, in Jodi's scenario. During Jodi's testimony, she talked about going in the closet, and literally having a moment to decide/reflect on what to do next. She went for the gun. To me that sounds like a conscious choice to escalate to deadly force, but Martinez did not single this out for special attention.

With the "credibility" Jodi's frenzied scenario gained with each retelling, and Nurmi's closing arguments about "snapping", and Juan's missed opportunity, some doubt is cast on premeditation.
    Personally, I am totally convinced this was premeditated murder, however, IF the jury comes back with less, I think some possible reasons might be:

1. If she planned it in advance, why didn't she kill him the moment she arrived at his house? Why wait for hours?
    2. Eight of us jurors are men, and some of us think Jodi is kinda hot, and we got to see her naked and she seems to be willing to do absolutely anything in the sack, so we would hate to kill poontang when we would be willing to 'hit that'.
    3. Travis said some mean things to Jodi in texts, and he said some nasty things on that tape, and he liked sex that I (the juror) find kinky, so that makes him at least partly to blame for anything bad that happened to him, so I will give Jodi the benefit of the doubt and not kill her.
    4. I (a juror), think that 'beyond a reasonable doubt' means 'beyond any possible doubt', and since Jodi's story is not absolutely impossible, I can't find premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt.

(I have heard lots of people bring up the first reason. I do not find it problematic at all, but since so many people have mentioned it, it seems possible a juror could have the same thoughts. Reasons 2 and 3 are more about human nature than the facts of the case, but since when did that stop a jury? Reason 4 is stupid, but there could be stupid jurors.)

Several possible reasons to bring both:
    1. The gun was backup, just in case.
    1. She was unfamiliar with guns, so could not be positive it would work as she imagined, or do as much damage as needed.
    3. Two weapons make it look more like two killers.
    4. Gunshot more likely to attract attention from neighbors, thus lessening her chance of getting away clean.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

The sociopath I know shot their partner five times, with a child nearby. There was no warning, the victim noticed nothing at all unusual in advance, and neither did the child. Evidence clearly showed that the shooter had been planning it for at least a few months. The shooter also confirmed this years later.

Sociopaths are different, they are not like normal humans. Really.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Thread Information