Thread: Jessica Heeringa, 25, missing from Muskegon, Michigan

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Jessica Heeringa, 25, missing from Muskegon, Michigan

This girl is missing from my hometown. It's all over my FB. Doesn't look promising.

The Norton Shores Police Department is investigating a missing person which occurred in late evening hours of April 26, 2013 at the Exxon Mobil gas station located at 1196 E. Sternberg Rd.

At approximately 11:15 pm NSPD officers were dispatched to the gas station on a suspicious activity report. Customers called 911 after entering the store to find no employees present. The employee scheduled to be working, Jessica Heeringa, was not able to be located.

Contact has been made with friends and family of 25 year old Jessica Heeringa but as of April 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm Jessica has not been located.

Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5?1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying ?Sternberg Exxon?.

Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911.

UPDATE:

Based on evidence processed from the scene and various tips that have been received, this case is now being reclassified as an abduction.

It appears that Jessica Heeringa was preparing to close the store when this incident occurred. Her purse and other belongings were found undisturbed. In addition, the store?s cash drawer was found out and no money was missing.

Investigators are currently searching for a silver minivan, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area of the Exxon station prior to Jessica?s disappearance.

The driver is described as a white male, approximately 30-40 years old, approximately 6? tall, medium to heavy build, broad shoulders, light brown or sandy blond wavy hair parted in the middle and slightly longer on top, wearing a bright red or orange sweatshirt.

A task force consisting of investigators from the Norton Shores Police Department, Michigan State Police, Muskegon County Sheriff?s Department, Muskegon Police Department and the Muskegon County Prosecutors Office have been investigating numerous tips that have been received. At this time, four persons of interest have been interviewed and cleared of any connection in the abduction of Jessica.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4993983/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Yikes, you're right that doesn't sound good. I hate so hard that this stuff happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Before you thrust into oncoming trains, always be sure to look both ways.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Crazy ex?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Crazy ex?
    Wouldn't be shocked.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

911 call in the Jessica Heeringa case

Norton Shores police released the 911 call made after 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa went missing from an Exxon Mobil gas station late Friday

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/23...video2|article

Watch witness describe man flirting with Jessica Heeringa before disappearance

http://www.freep.com/article/20130502/NEWS06/130502002

Latest on the case including identikit of silver van driver seen near the time of her disappearance. Police stress that the van & driver may be completely unrelated.

http://www.huffington.post.com/2013/...n_3354505.html

Also - link to article with drive-thru security cam footage of the silver van

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...n_suspect.html

& 4hours ago - "Bad news ... What if the details are wrong?"

http://www.examiner.com/article/bad-...ails-are-wrong

& some scummy people being scummy-

2nd Woman on charges after fraudulently collecting donations outside Walmart for Jessica Heeringa's toddler son

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...for_jessi.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-01-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Should Suspect Sketch Be Colorized?

Jessica Heeringa still hasn't been found and it doesn't look like there are any investigative updates to offer in the case. However, the admin of the Find Jessica.., Facebook page is seeking to have the suspect sketch in her case colorized. Her devotion to seeing a positive outcome in this case is inspiring, but it looks like her big ideas are being met with nothing but adversity.

Carrie Mitchell has raised nearly $500 to have a talented forensic artist colorize the one and only suspect image in this case. She hopes that this will help get a better idea of what the possible suspect looks like. However, Jessica's fiance isn't interested in this gesture and neither is the Norton Shores Police Department.

The reasoning being offered pertains to the fact that the suspect sketch is just a rough idea of the person who took Jessica. It was dark and the witness description may not be accurate. Therefore, it may be counterproductive to even attempt introducing a colorized sketch. This reasoning is easy to understand. However, it seems that Mitchell's gesture would at least get more eyes on the case, and that is never a negative thing.

There have been so few updates in the search for Jessica Heeringa that it almost feels like the case is in danger of going cold. She has only been missing for several weeks so for there to be such a quiet calm over everyone involved just indicates the likelihood that she may never be found. If that's the case you'd figure the people of Norton Shores would want more answers, and the colorization of this sketch may just attract the answers they seek.

Jessica Heeringa abduction case: Grandparents 'disheartened' as 100th day since disappearance nears

(Aug. 1, 2013) MUSKEGON COUNTY, MI -- For the grandparents of Jessica Heeringa, the nearly 100 days their granddaughter, whom they affectionately call their "little pixie girl," has been gone feels like 100 years.

Sunday, Aug. 4, will mark the 100th day that the 25-year-old gas station clerk from Muskegon disappeared, allegedly abducted while finishing her night shift.

A suspect or suspects have not been identified and authorities have said they have very little to go on in terms of solving the case. A police official whose department is heading the case described the investigation as becoming "frustrating."

Heeringa has appeared to disappear without a trace ? leaving behind at the gas station her purse, her vehicle, other forms of identification and money from a recently cashed paycheck.

"We're rather discouraged and disheartened," said Heeringa's grandmother, Diane Homrich, of Grand Rapids. "No one trains you on how to handle this and where to go and what to do. Never in my wildest dream did we think this would happen. This always happens to other families."

Heeringa, who is 26 now, disappeared on April 26 while working at the Exxon gas station on Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. Heeringa was working as a gas station clerk when a customer reported that she was missing around 11 that night.

The Homriches ? Diane and Heeringa?s grandfather, Roman -- have made trips to the Muskegon area to help support Heering's fiance, Dakotah Quail-Dyer, of Muskegon, who is caring for the couple's young son with the help of Quail-Dyer's parents.

Family and friends of Heeringa, and community members, have been meeting at the Pointes Shopping Center, adjacent to the Exxon station, on the weekends to bring awareness to her disappearance, sell T-shirts with Heeringa?s photo on them and hand out fliers.

"A few people still come by and I don?t want to lose touch with the community," Diane Homrich said, adding that the Muskegon community has been "?supportive" from the beginning.

"Those of us in the family, and I think in the community, still feel that she's alive and out in that area," she said.

Heeringa' family has maintained that the woman would never voluntarily leave on her own and abandon her son, Zevyn.

"He's 3 1/2 and of course he doesn't fully understand what?s going on. He loves Spiderman and he can stay focused on that for a while, but the hard part of the day is when he goes to bed and mom isn't there to sing him his lullabies," she said.

Heeringa's disappearance has Homrich more aware of other missing persons in the nation. Since her granddaughter disappeared, Homrich said she is more sympathetic about other families going through the same thing.

"Now when I see a missing child poster, I pay attention, I watch," she said. "When I'm in a restaurant, I look around. Before it didn't faze me, I didn't even look at a missing person poster before."

Investigators press on

The case hasn?t yet gone cold, but it has become a "frustrating" investigation with very few solid leads and more questions than answers, said Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw.

"We have a lot of pieces to the puzzle already, based on just the first few days. We do have different theories of who may be involved, but we don't have anything concrete to connect people to this case. It will take just the right piece of information to make that happen," Shaw said.

Shaw said there isn't any piece of evidence to suggest Heeringa isn't alive, but then again "we have nothing to say she is."

Police have not publicly identified a suspect in the case.

However, that's not to say there aren't individuals who police are keeping an eye on, Shaw said.

"There was no one taken into custody," he said. "But we are still watching more than one (person). We follow evidence, we don't go based on hunch. We have theories and all sorts of ideas."

Read more: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...ion_cas_2.html

This is so frustrating and bizarre.

Thread Information