Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jury Watch/Verdict Predictions for the State v. Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I'm kind of hoping we get to see how the stun belt works...is that wrong of me?
    Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!! Upon hearing the M1 conviction she 'cries' then falls to her knees and Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!!! just like a bug zapper! We might not need sentencing if it zapps strong enough!

Great idea for a room here! Too bad we can't put money down.
    Doesn't matter what day, it will be prize enough for all of us!!!!!!

Thursday morning, M1
    Is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Found it
    You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
    Blue
    Yellow
    Green
    Sky-blue
    Pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the 'Vote!' button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!
    Has someone created this poll? or will anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
    Has someone created this poll? or will anyone?
    I am keeping a tally unless somebody wants to start a new thread. This one was already started, and I didn't want to create any more confusion. If somebody creates another one, it will be just fine with me.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    I will probably regret it, but since this thread was already started this way, I will manually track predictions. In order to get on my manual list reply on guilt, charge, day, am or pm. Example: Guilty M1 Monday, May 6th. AM will be before lunch, PM will be for after lunch.

In no way am I asking anybody to abide by this, I am just curious to see who calls it closest. Reply any way you wish as always. Also, if anybody has any suggestions, I will gratefully accept. I am thinking of posting results at a certain time daily.
    Suggestions? Trying to think of a time that makes sense to all. See JA trial chit-chat if you want to know why I am doing this.
    I am keeping a tally unless somebody wants to start a new thread. This one was already started, and I didn't want to create any more confusion. If somebody creates another one, it will be just fine with me.
    TY ShellJett
    Guilty, Murder 1, 05/07/13, PM

My husband thinks they will come back same day with a verdict. I'm leaning towards Wednesday or Thursday. Both on M1.
    Jenn

The jury will announce they have reached a verdict and Jodi will have another migraine and they will postpone until the next day.

I am going to go with Thurs 5/9 after lunch..

Since no one has claimed Monday, I will. They will be sequestered into deliberations Mon. morning and come to a verdict of M1 before they go home that night.

Guilty, M1, 5/06, 9pm

I'm with most of you. Depending on the court schedule going EXACTLY like Judge said it would, and the jury gets the case late Friday or early Monday morning, I think Tuesday, May 7, 2013. I think the verdict will come at the end of the day.

May 7 is the 10 year annivesary of my mom's death. It is such an emotional day for me anyway, but I have this "feeling" we will get a verdict that day. M1 Justice for Travis!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think she's going to faint or make some kind of scene. I could see her crying actual tears because "it's so unfair"
    here's what i predict: i think she will cry, put her hand to her mouth, JW will maternally lean into her, and say don't worry we have a good chance on appeal. JA will nod ok. Nurmi will just stand there emotionless.

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

Im going M1, Wednesday May 8th. Afternoon.

(which just happens to be my bday so an M1 verdict will be the best bday bonus EVER.)

I went by hours, not days. Does that figure into the poll?
    10-12 hours of diliberation followed by a M1 conviction.
    If I must pick a concrete hour- I'll go with 11 hours.
    Let me know if that figures in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilangiepangie View Post
    I'm with most of you. Depending on the court schedule going EXACTLY like Judge said it would, and the jury gets the case late Friday or early Monday morning, I think Tuesday, May 7, 2013. I think the verdict will come at the end of the day.

May 7 is the 10 year annivesary of my mom's death. It is such an emotional day for me anyway, but I have this "feeling" we will get a verdict that day. M1 Justice for Travis!
    My mom died on May 8th many years ago. It was Mother's Day. Then, in 1995 my dad died on Father's Day. I picked May 8th with my Mom in mind. She would have hated Stabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    I went by hours, not days. Does that figure into the poll?
    10-12 hours of diliberation followed by a M1 conviction.
    If I must pick a concrete hour- I'll go with 11 hours.
    Let me know if that figures in.
    Just the day and before or after lunch is fine.

IF the jury gets the case on Friday. IF. I think they will call it Monday morning. guilty M1. but I don't think they will get the case til next week sometime. No way I think this new defense guy is gonna go ONE day only. No way. He will be there til Friday at the very least. so, assuming this, I think case goes to jury next Wednesday, and I think jury comes back Thursday morning with guilty, M1.

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    IF the jury gets the case on Friday. IF. I think they will call it Monday morning. guilty M1. but I don't think they will get the case til next week sometime. No way I think this new defense guy is gonna go ONE day only. No way. He will be there til Friday at the very least. so, assuming this, I think case goes to jury next Wednesday, and I think jury comes back Thursday morning with guilty, M1.
    I don't believe the judge is going to go back on what she said last week. She said they were starting at 9AM Wednesday and going until they're finished, even if it means going after 5:00. Closing arguments will begin Thursday morning.

I'm going to change my prediction on deliberations. I'm going to go with Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Tuesday before the end of day, after lunch. (Still Murder 1)

I got everybody and am making changes as you post. At some point I will have to impose a deadline for changing vote, but I want to make it after Closing Arguments to be fair to all. I am thinking before Jury gets in on Monday, May 6th for a deadline, and I will post a notification in all of the JA threads.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I don't believe the judge is going to go back on what she said last week. She said they were starting at 9AM Wednesday and going until they're finished, even if it means going after 5:00. Closing arguments will begin Thursday morning.

I'm going to change my prediction on deliberations. I'm going to go with Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Tuesday before the end of day, after lunch. (Still Murder 1)
    I agree with you about the judge. The defense will look really bad if they try to draw it out after the judge drew the line in the sand.

I think the jury will take 2 1/2 days to deliberate.
    I think the jury will begin deliberations on Monday...so verdict will be after lunch on Wednesday. If they get it sooner or later, it will change it, but I'm sticking with the 2 1/2 day prediction. Murder one. LWOP.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

I got everybody and am making changes as you post. At some point I will have to impose a deadline for changing vote, but I want to make it after Closing Arguments to be fair to all. I am thinking before Jury gets in on Monday, May 6th for a deadline, and I will post a notification in all of the JA threads.
    Thanks for keeping track! I honestly hope it is sooner than tuesday afternoon (the sooner the better) but I think there are a couple of people who will have to be convinced, based on juror questions.

You could create a new thread for changing votes, maybe on May 5th? Post a notification about it in this thread. That way you won't have to post in all of the threads. Just an idea.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

God, I can only hope she meant it! I hear her say court will start promptly at 9am, and well, my definition of prompt and JSS' are different, so here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    You could create a new thread for changing votes, maybe on May 5th? Post a notification about it in this thread. That way you won't have to post in all of the threads. Just an idea.
    I gave it some thought, and you are absolutely right about not posting in all of the JA threads. Based on reading them, I am staying right here for poll purposes. I appreciate any advice given. Thank you for your suggestion on May 5th, sounds good to me. BTW, there are only 25 votes, so tracking is not a big deal. I appreciate your efforts to keep things orderly in this chaos.

Ok just so I am clear...again haven't waded my way through the last hundred pages. Last witness is May 1st correct. Closing on May 2nd IF things go as planned. Case goes to jury for deliberation directly after closing arguments despite what time they end?? Jury goes directly to deliberation immediately?? I'm sure someone has answered these questions... and I am just going to go with face value with the exception of one day.
    I am going with M1 (I will be floored if they come back with a lesser charge) on May 7th in the late afternoon.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

So I was picking up toys for the seventh time today and my mind started wandering. Can you imagine what it would be like to be locked in a room with one of those deluded souls over at the JAII site? Now imagine if there is one of those types on the jury and one staunch M1 juror.

I wonder if any fights would break out in that jury room. Has anyone ever heard of that happening? I have such limited experiance with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    So I was picking up toys for the seventh time today and my mind started wandering. Can you imagine what it would be like to be locked in a room with one of those deluded souls over at the JAII site? Now imagine if there is one of those types on the jury and one staunch M1 juror.

I wonder if any fights would break out in that jury room. Has anyone ever heard of that happening? I have such limited experiance with these things.
    I read about that recently. I want to say it was on this site possibly someone's experience. They said that there were juries that all out scream at each other and others that are calm.
    I hope there aren't any JAII types on that jury. If they're anything like those types, they could cause a hung jury or possibly a compromise to a lesser charge.

I read about that recently. I want to say it was on this site possibly someone's experience. They said that there were juries that all out scream at each other and others that are calm.
    I hope there aren't any JAII types on that jury. If they're anything like those types, they could cause a hung jury or possibly a compromise to a lesser charge.
    I totally shuddered at the thought of a hung jury!!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Thread Information