Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jury Watch/Verdict Predictions for the State v. Jodi Arias

Alright folks, here's my prediction: since it seems like majority of the jury have their shit together, I'm gonna say Tuesday before lunch. M1.

Wednesday, before lunch (between 10 - 11:30)
    Murder 1
    Oh... And this is a stretch, mind you, Jodi will cry.

Thanks Rockabilly! Ok, I'm calling 10 to 12 hours of solid diliberation time. (includes lunch breaks.) so the clock starts for me once they're given the case.

M1 (forgot to add that)

I wanna play!

16 hours of deliberation, Murder 1st degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    Wednesday, before lunch (between 10 - 11:30)
    Murder 1
    Oh... And this is a stretch, mind you, Jodi will cry.
    I think she's going to faint or make some kind of scene. I could see her crying actual tears because "it's so unfair"

Tanisha said in her FB post that the Jury won't get the case until Monday 6th! Is this true?

If so, I predict Murder 1 in 10-15 hours. So verdict Tuesday pm, Wednesday am, depending on when they break on Monday

If they go into a 3rd day, I'll be pretty worried.

Totally agree with poppym. I think passed 3 days and they're having a hard time convincing somebody of going to the other side.

I agree but to a point, didn't the CA verdict come back rather quickly? I am worried even before deliberations begin. I feel for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    I agree but to a point, didn't the CA verdict come back rather quickly? I am worried even before deliberations begin. I feel for his family.
    CA jury took 10 hours. But as we found out later, they were all thinking along the same lines, therefore didn't take long to reach a unanimous verdict.

In this case, we have a bit more insight into the jury's thinking, because of their questions. There are (IMO) a few strays, but that is what I think the time will be taken up by. Convincing the doubting Thomas'!

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    CA jury took 10 hours. But as we found out later, they were all thinking along the same lines, therefore didn't take long to reach a unanimous verdict.

In this case, we have a bit more insight into the jury's thinking, because of their questions. There are (IMO) a few strays, but that is what I think the time will be taken up by. Convincing the doubting Thomas'!
    Plus there is overwhelming evidence in this case. I don't think that there is going to be too much convincing here. I can't wait to see JM's closing.

I think Tuesday after lunch- reading above that Jodi will act out in some form, do you think we will finally see a crack in her mother? Will she shed a tear or finally realize she is not on a set of a movie but that this is really happening??

I realize that we are giving our predictions on the verdict, but I am curious as to what others think about sentencing.

If she is found guilty of M1, the death penalty becomes a viable option. From the beginning of this trial, I have thought prosecution needed a M1 conviction to declare victory and anything less, will be considered a victory for Defense.

I have some real issues with the DP, simply because of the cost of appeals, housing, and the actual execution. I also live in California and the whole DP process is a joke over here.

If Stabby is convicted of M1, there is little doubt, IMO, that she deserves the DP, but I would not want to see the family go through the barrage of hearings and appeals just so she can die of natural causes in 35 years. However, LWOP gives her the opportunity to live a life behind bars with art supplies, other inmates, movies, and a prison job.

Her crime is despicable and she has shown no remorse for what she did to Travis, his family, or even her family. If she is given the DP, her prison life will be segregated and she will spend 23 hours a day in a small cell. I know the family wants the DP and more and more, I think this is what she deserves, no matter the cost.

I realize I am very wishy-washy on this subject, and I would appreciate your opinions.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmandy9 View Post
    Alright folks, here's my prediction: since it seems like majority of the jury have their shit together, I'm gonna say Tuesday before lunch. M1.
    That's my prediction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    I think Tuesday after lunch- reading above that Jodi will act out in some form, do you think we will finally see a crack in her mother? Will she shed a tear or finally realize she is not on a set of a movie but that this is really happening??
    I'm kind of hoping we get to see how the stun belt works...is that wrong of me?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    That's my prediction as well.

Hahaha...nah I don't think so. I think most of us are hoping from some kind of reaction from her, but honestly I think if she gets M1 she'll try to stay strong and act like it's not phasing her.

I think we'll get most reaction from TA's family- whatever the verdict comes back as. And rightfully so. They've been through hell and back numerous times just getting to verdict day.

I really want to see reaction from everybody tho....I'm hoping they can do a quadruple split screen!

My prediction, tuesday before lunch. M1

I will probably regret it, but since this thread was already started this way, I will manually track predictions. In order to get on my manual list reply on guilt, charge, day, am or pm. Example: Guilty M1 Monday, May 6th. AM will be before lunch, PM will be for after lunch.

In no way am I asking anybody to abide by this, I am just curious to see who calls it closest. Reply any way you wish as always. Also, if anybody has any suggestions, I will gratefully accept. I am thinking of posting results at a certain time daily.
    Suggestions? Trying to think of a time that makes sense to all. See JA trial chit-chat if you want to know why I am doing this.

"WOW, if I'm her lawyer, I'd probably need a change of clothing right now"

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    I will probably regret it, but since this thread was already started this way, I will manually track predictions. In order to get on my manual list reply on guilt, charge, day, am or pm. Example: Guilty M1 Monday, May 6th. AM will be before lunch, PM will be for after lunch.

In no way am I asking anybody to abide by this, I am just curious to see who calls it closest. Reply any way you wish as always. Also, if anybody has any suggestions, I will gratefully accept. I am thinking of posting results at a certain time daily.
    Suggestions? Trying to think of a time that makes sense to all. See JA trial chit-chat if you want to know why I am doing this.
    Ok I will narrow my prediction. My guess is they will reach a verdict on Tuesday at 2:01 p.m. They will find her guilty of Murder 1. She will do something weird, but I'm not sure what yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ok I will narrow my prediction. My guess is they will reach a verdict on Tuesday at 2:01 p.m. They will find her guilty of Murder 1. She will do something weird, but I'm not sure what yet.
    You gotta give me AM or PM. Before or after lunch. I am not recording times for ANY time zone LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    "WOW, if I'm her lawyer, I'd probably need a change of clothing right now"

Really Jodi? It will be your fault if your convicted? No shit Sherlock!

BTW, The attorney reaction was funny, though.

Murder 1 Tues @ 2:20!

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    You gotta give me AM or PM. Before or after lunch. I am not recording times for ANY time zone LOL.
    Ok after lunch. I predict her wonky eye will have a mind of its own again after the verdict is read out loud. I love how her weird eye makes my lazy eye look normal.

Guilty, M1, Tuesday, May 7th, PM.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    I realize that we are giving our predictions on the verdict, but I am curious as to what others think about sentencing.

If she is found guilty of M1, the death penalty becomes a viable option. From the beginning of this trial, I have thought prosecution needed a M1 conviction to declare victory and anything less, will be considered a victory for Defense.

I have some real issues with the DP, simply because of the cost of appeals, housing, and the actual execution. I also live in California and the whole DP process is a joke over here.

If Stabby is convicted of M1, there is little doubt, IMO, that she deserves the DP, but I would not want to see the family go through the barrage of hearings and appeals just so she can die of natural causes in 35 years. However, LWOP gives her the opportunity to live a life behind bars with art supplies, other inmates, movies, and a prison job.

Her crime is despicable and she has shown no remorse for what she did to Travis, his family, or even her family. If she is given the DP, her prison life will be segregated and she will spend 23 hours a day in a small cell. I know the family wants the DP and more and more, I think this is what she deserves, no matter the cost.

I realize I am very wishy-washy on this subject, and I would appreciate your opinions.
    I am anti-DP, for many reasons. But I think she will get DP. The key is whether or not it was premeditated, and I think JM has made a great case for premeditation.

Also, I keep thinking back to Wendi Andriano, another one of JM's cases, who got DP. She killed her husband who was dying of cancer anyway. Travis was young, wasn't dying of cancer and he had his whole life ahead of him. Of course, this is a different jury, but still. I keep thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think she's going to faint or make some kind of scene. I could see her crying actual tears because "it's so unfair"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I'd be happy with LWOP, a big scene where she tries to run away and a demonstration of how the stun belt works. That would make my day.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Thread Information