Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jury Watch/Verdict Predictions for the State v. Jodi Arias

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide

Jury Watch/Verdict Predictions for the State v. Jodi Arias

A thread for predictions on how long the jury will take to deliberate and what you think the verdict will be.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Wednesday, May 8th after lunch. Guilty M1. If they actually start on Friday it will be 3 1/2 days.

Tuesday May 7 before lunch. Guilty M1.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Do they deliberate over the weekend?
    Can a verdict be settled on a weekend day?
    Will the jury be sequestered?
    IF "yes" to all of the above, then my guess would be (assuming closing arguments are finished by Friday May 3rd) Verdict Murder 1 made on Monday May 6th
    IF "no" to any of the questions above (assuming closing arguments are finished by Friday May 3rd), then my guess is Tuesday May 7th

IF closing arguments are not finished by Friday May 3rd.. I take back all of my "guessed" dates
    IS THAT EVEN FAIR YOU ASK? OF COURSE NOT, BUT FUCK IT, I WILL RE-GUESS AGAIN ANYWAY
    Last edited by Cocopop; 04-27-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    A thread for predictions on how long the jury will take to deliberate and what you think the verdict will be.
    If she is convicted of M1, we will need a thread for poll for sentencing.

Tuesday May 7 before lunch. Guilty M1.
    Oh Jeepers we're guessing the time too? Then I say after lunch, who wants to eat after one sentences a female to Murder 1
    Last edited by Cocopop; 04-27-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: correct LWOP to M1

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Do they deliberate over the weekend?
    Can a verdict be settled on a weekend day?
    Will the jury be sequestered?
    IF "yes" to all of the above, then my guess would be (assuming closing arguments are finished by Friday May 3rd) Verdict LWOP made on Monday May 6th
    IF "no" to any of the questions above (assuming closing arguments are finished by Friday May 3rd), then my guess is Tuesday May 7th

IF closing arguments are not finished by Friday May 3rd.. I take back all of my "guessed" dates
    IS THAT EVEN FAIR YOU ASK? OF COURSE NOT, BUT FUCK IT, I WILL RE-GUESS AGAIN ANYWAY
    Coco - Jury will not deliberate on weekends. No court security. So far, no word on sequestration, but I doubt it. This will go to a sentencing phase only if she is convicted on M1. The jury will decide if the Aggravating factor was proven. If they find the Aggravating factor proven, there will be a sentencing hearing and jury will deliberate LWOP or DP.

If anybody has information contrary to mine, please post. AZ procedure is a bit different than most trials I have watched.

Im praying for M1

What she did to travis the day she killed him was so sick and heartbreaking, he had no clue

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Oh Jeepers we're guessing the time too? Then I say after lunch, who wants to eat after one sentences a female to LWOP
    If she gets M1 there will be another phase, mitigation. Then the jury will deliberate on whether she gets LWOP or DP. We should just use this thread for all phases.

I think the deliberation length with be 1-3 days. I think they will find her guilty of Murder1. Hopefully she will get the death penalty. She planned/premeditated the murder and Travis suffered a cruel and painful death.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Coco - Jury will not deliberate on weekends. No court security. So far, no word on sequestration, but I doubt it. This will go to a sentencing phase only if she is convicted on M1. The jury will decide if the Aggravating factor was proven. If they find the Aggravating factor proven, there will be a sentencing hearing and jury will deliberate LWOP or DP.

If anybody has information contrary to mine, please post. AZ procedure is a bit different than most trials I have watched.
    If she gets M1 there will be another phase, mitigation. Then the jury will deliberate on whether she gets LWOP or DP. We should just use this thread for all phases.
    Thank You, my little cutie pies !!
    I edited my prev posts from LWOP to M1 (dates will remain the same, assuming closing ends by friday) ... once they deliberate again, I'll re-guess LWOP & another date. I appreciate y'all clarifying

Weds May 8th between 10 and 11 am. Guilty M1

2 days

M1

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy1197 View Post
    2 days

M1
    Edited:
    2 days being on Tuesday

still M1

Sneakers, can you create a poll associated with this so we can vote on the charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Tuesday afternoon. Guilty Murder 1

Wait! Will they have Friday to diliberate?????

If they start deliberating at 9:30 and have a 1.5 hour lunch then a 20 minute afternoon break without any sidebars or objections, I say they will be at a verdict sometime.....sorry there, trailed off there for a moment. Tuesday before lunch. M1.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    Wait! Will they have Friday to diliberate?????
    I don't think that they will Jille. I am basing that on the letter that Travis' family posted on the FB site (Metis posted here). They asked for prayer and fasting on May 5th. I think that the family was told deliberations will begin on Monday whether they finish closing early on Friday or not.

I think from the juror questions there are at least a couple jurors who have bought into all or some of what Jodi says. And there are a lot more that haven't. So it will take some time to smooth that out and get everyone into alignment. At least a few days. The massive amount of testimony could add to deliberation time.

With all the distractions in this case, and possible conflicts between jurors, and with the perp being a pretty young white woman, and with the massive sideshow within the trial, and with the lack of murder weapon... compromise verdict 2nd degree murder to avoid a hung jury.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I think from the juror questions there are at least a couple jurors who have bought into all or some of what Jodi says. And there are a lot more that haven't. So it will take some time to smooth that out and get everyone into alignment. At least a few days. The massive amount of testimony could add to deliberation time.

With all the distractions in this case, and possible conflicts between jurors, and with the perp being a pretty young white woman, and with the massive sideshow within the trial, and with the lack of murder weapon... compromise verdict 2nd degree murder to avoid a hung jury.
    CoCoNut... what date is your guess of 2nd degree ?

2nd degree murder is ridiculous.
    Too much premeditation evidence.
    I think we will have a 1st degree murder verdict by Wednesday after lunch.

I'm guessing they will take two days, so if they deliberate over the weekend, then Monday. If not, then Wednesday. Afternoon. M1.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post

Come on yum yum yummi, take a position.

Found it
    You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
    Blue
    Yellow
    Green
    Sky-blue
    Pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the 'Vote!' button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Thread Information